Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1201 » by Years80HAWKS » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:42 pm

akhan786 wrote:
Years80HAWKS wrote:A good player as he is, something different to anyone seen previously, I do not think he fits with us.
In my opinion, Collins is more the type of player we need.

Idk man. I think you risk overthinking it a bit. Trae and Zion with spacing would break the league.

You were right on this one.
My concern would be that they would ask for every player we have and even the arena.
Zion is untradable right now.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1202 » by King Ken » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:20 pm

I don't see any trades right now. There could be a possibility of a trade with Bogi during the draft but even that's a reach. This team is in a great place.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#1203 » by hawks_fan25 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:04 pm

I'm looking for a consolidation trade to happen before the calendar year ends. I think we could land Jaylen Brown or Bradley Beal for a reasonable price. Boston needs some kind of restart and maybe adding a couple of young, talented players might be what they need. I really want to see JJ start to get some run, too. Hopefully, a consolidation trade would help with that. I'd also check in on Harrison Barnes for a modest package. The Kings aren't really going to compete this year and they might like a young wing or two to pair with Fox.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1204 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:30 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:I'm looking for a consolidation trade to happen before the calendar year ends. I think we could land Jaylen Brown or Bradley Beal for a reasonable price. Boston needs some kind of restart and maybe adding a couple of young, talented players might be what they need. I really want to see JJ start to get some run, too. Hopefully, a consolidation trade would help with that. I'd also check in on Harrison Barnes for a modest package. The Kings aren't really going to compete this year and they might like a young wing or two to pair with Fox.

What do you consider 'reasonable price'? I don't think the cost is going to be reasonable.
Years80HAWKS
Junior

Post#1205 » by Years80HAWKS » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:I'm looking for a consolidation trade to happen before the calendar year ends. I think we could land Jaylen Brown or Bradley Beal for a reasonable price. Boston needs some kind of restart and maybe adding a couple of young, talented players might be what they need. I really want to see JJ start to get some run, too. Hopefully, a consolidation trade would help with that. I'd also check in on Harrison Barnes for a modest package. The Kings aren't really going to compete this year and they might like a young wing or two to pair with Fox.

I do not think we have a problem with the roster, but more with the use and roles.

What I see is as causes for the bad moment of the team is:

- difficult calendar, as some games have been b2bs and already two trips to the West, if I am not wrong.
- Young with an excessive role in offense. I believe we even play better (which does not imply more efficiently) without him.
- some players already with physical problems and missed games.
- Gallinari is really out of shape, which is normal, and is not giving enough on offense to compensate for his lack of deffense, rebounding, etc.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#1206 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:39 am

jayu70 wrote:

What do you consider 'reasonable price'? I don't think the cost is going to be reasonable.

Players that teams deem non tradeable and folks are asking for discounts. Wiz on Beal: avg 30-5-5 we want the moon and stars. avg career lows, but winning, we still need the moon and stars. Smaller trades that fill needs are more logical.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#1207 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Trade Target Each NBA Team Should Be Thinking About

Atlanta Hawks: David Nwaba

The Hawks are better than their 4-8 start suggests. Last season's run to the Eastern Conference Finals with largely the same personnel makes that pretty obvious.

However, while patience could cure a lot of this club's early ills, the same may not be true of its 27th-ranked defense. That's worse than expected, but it's not like this was some defensive juggernaut last season (18th).

Atlanta must improve its point-of-attack defense and stop giving opponents free passes to penetrate. If that's still an issue in mid-January when David Nwaba becomes trade-eligible, he'd be worth a phone call to the Houston Rockets. He doesn't fit their timeline at all, and his hustle and relentless on-ball defense could help him carve out a niche in Atlanta
Bleacher Report
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,613

Post#1208 » by Skybox » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:57 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
NBA Trades That Need to Happen Before Training Camp

Bulls, Hawks Swap Prospects

Chicago Bulls receive: Cam Reddish

Atlanta Hawks receive: Coby White

The Hawks may not have enough minutes on the wing to properly develop Cam Reddish. The Bulls may lack the backcourt chances and touches to bring Coby White along.

Could these two Eastern Conference clubs come together for a win-win swap?

It seems possible. Atlanta has long tried to solve its non-Trae Young minutes, and White could represent the most interesting solution to date. Right now, the Hawks either have to sacrifice scoring and volume shooting with Delon Wright or size with 6'1", 180-pound rookie Sharife Cooper.

White might give Atlanta the best of both worlds as a 6'5", 195-pounder who can hunt for his own shots, create them for others or spot up off the ball. If the Hawks hit big on his development, he could become someone who can both spell Young and suit up alongside him.

As for Chicago, this roster is screaming for reinforcements at small forward. Patrick Williams' long-term home seems to be power forward, which might explain why Lauri Markkanen no longer resides in the Windy City. Troy Brown Jr. hasn't proved he can consistently contribute at this level. Stanley Johnson is still most notable for being a top-10 pick six years ago.

In other words, the Bulls can clear the runway for the Reddish like the wing-heavy Hawks cannot. His name surfaced in trade rumors near the draft, and Chicago would be wise to pounce. He has struggled with injuries and inconsistency so far, but you can see the outline of a three-and-D wing who also helps with shot-creation.
Bleacher Report

I like the concept for ATL, I just don't think Coby White is that good. Sub in Cole Anthony from ORL, who is delivering. For ORL, as well as Cole is playing, Fultz will be back soon, and I think Cole is just too good to be 3rd guard on a bad team and RJ Hampton could fill that role just fine. Basically, I have ORL betting on Fultz and Suggs not making them look foolish for letting Cole go (long term) and Reddish blossoming in ORL, along with that backcourt, Franz Wagner and however our young bigs shake out.
Years80HAWKS
Junior

Post#1209 » by Years80HAWKS » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:57 pm

If we trade Reddish now that he is playing well, we would be stupid. He has improved a lot this summer and he is healthy.

But let's imagine we trade Reddish. What happens when Hunter, Bogdanovic or Huerter get injured...? That we have just two wings and Solomon Hill, who is an average player. Nothing against him: he is always available and accountable form what the team needs, but he does not offer the same than the other four.

If we trade one of our four wings, I would get somebody who can play PG and can play with Trae, so we do not lose a wing just for a backup who is going to play 12-15 minutes.

To get Corey White we just can trade other players.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1210 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:22 pm

Every NBA Team's 2021 Trade Deadline Target List

Atlanta Hawks

Targets: David Nwaba, Garrett Temple, Trey Burke

If the Hawks hope to match—or exceed—last season's success, they need to address a defensive shortage that existed even before De'Andre Hunter was lost for multiple months to right wrist surgery. Plucking David Nwaba away from the rebuilding Houston Rockets is one option to address it.

Another would be freeing Garrett Temple from the mess down in New Orleans. The fact he can run offense in a pinch and provides some perimeter shooting might up his appeal.

While Trey Burke wouldn't bulk up the defense, he could help prevent the offense from completely collapsing when Trae Young takes a breather. Offseason import Delon Wright has been a non-factor on offense, 35-year-old Lou Williams might finally be showing his age and rookie Sharife Cooper doesn't seem ready for a rotation role just yet.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950572-every-nba-teams-2021-trade-deadline-target-list
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#1211 » by Rastas » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:30 am

Bogdanovic and Hunter for Simmons, probably a pick also needed.

Sent from my RMX3031 using RealGM mobile app
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1212 » by King Ken » Wed Dec 1, 2021 11:28 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Every NBA Team's 2021 Trade Deadline Target List

Atlanta Hawks

Targets: David Nwaba, Garrett Temple, Trey Burke

If the Hawks hope to match—or exceed—last season's success, they need to address a defensive shortage that existed even before De'Andre Hunter was lost for multiple months to right wrist surgery. Plucking David Nwaba away from the rebuilding Houston Rockets is one option to address it.

Another would be freeing Garrett Temple from the mess down in New Orleans. The fact he can run offense in a pinch and provides some perimeter shooting might up his appeal.

While Trey Burke wouldn't bulk up the defense, he could help prevent the offense from completely collapsing when Trae Young takes a breather. Offseason import Delon Wright has been a non-factor on offense, 35-year-old Lou Williams might finally be showing his age and rookie Sharife Cooper doesn't seem ready for a rotation role just yet.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950572-every-nba-teams-2021-trade-deadline-target-list

Wright been a positive overall but his lack of offensive production does hurt out 2nd unit. The biggest thing is our 2nd unit hasn't been healthy and Kevin was so damn awful with a -0.6 WAR as a 6th/7th man that it was killing us till Kev moved up to the starters when Hunter got hurt. It will be nice to see Hunter and Okongwu join Cam, Delon, and Gallo off the bench and see how they do.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1213 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 2, 2021 8:17 pm

King Ken wrote:Wright been a positive overall but his lack of offensive production does hurt out 2nd unit.

Any thoughts on buying low for Kemba to be a replacement for Delon or Lou?

Kemba's salary is pretty close to Delon Wright's; maybe we trade a 2nd rounder for an expiring Kemba next summer?

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1214 » by jayu70 » Thu Dec 2, 2021 8:40 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
King Ken wrote:Wright been a positive overall but his lack of offensive production does hurt out 2nd unit.

Kemba's salary is pretty close to Delon Wright's; maybe we trade a 2nd rounder for an expiring Kemba next summer?

I'll pass.
Kemba has 1 additional year on his contract that will be a Luxury Tax concern next season once Lou and Delon fall off the books.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#1215 » by kg01 » Thu Dec 2, 2021 8:46 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Wait til the buyout, if anything. Then you can have a '2 man enter, 1 man leave' match between he and Lou.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1216 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:09 am

Jerami Grant Joins Trae Young and John Collins in Atlanta

Atlanta Hawks Receive: Jerami Grant

Detroit Pistons Receive: Cam Reddish, Onyeka Okongwu and Delon Wright

Few teams can spare a promising 22-year-old wing as easily as the Atlanta Hawks, who make Cam Reddish the centerpiece of a deal that brings Jerami Grant into the fold.

Health has been an issue for De'Andre Hunter during his brief career, but he and Kevin Huerter still give the Hawks plenty of depth and youth with Reddish gone. And that's to say nothing of Grant's contributions, which, over the last two years, have been worthy of All-Star consideration.

While Grant, 27, may not strike some as having enough talent to form a Big Three with Trae Young and John Collins, his career arc pushes back against that thought. We're talking about a player who starred in a limited role for some very good Denver Nuggets teams before stunning doubters by thriving as a high-usage first option with the Pistons. Grant figures out where his team's holes are and fills them in, often by adding new skills.

The Hawks are getting themselves a proven 20-point scorer who can make plays, defend multiple positions and knock down spot-up threes. During the course of his career evolution, Grant has been a low-usage three-and-D wing, a small-ball center and an on-ball first option. Whatever Atlanta needs, he'll provide.

Grant and Collins might seem to overlap a bit, but using those two as a 4-5 combo would strain opposing defenses to their breaking points. Both forwards play with grit on D, making up for their lack of true-center size, and their guard skills on the ball make them terrifying matchups for conventional bigs. Good luck wrangling Young with two serious threats at power forward and center stretching the floor and emptying the lane.

Detroit gets a pair of first-round talents, with Okongwu representing one of the league's most undervalued assets. The No. 6 pick in 2020 is still just 20 years old and has been prevented by injury from showing what he can do as a mobile 5. The rebuilding Pistons are getting two players with star upside on rookie deals, plus Wright in a second stint with the team as salary filler. That's a fair return for Grant, who's too old to feature in any long-term plans and who is probably too capable of helping the Pistons win games.
Bleacher Report
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Jerami Grant, who is expected to opt out of his contract, according to a league source, would prefer to stay in Denver given his importance and the Nuggets’ window for contention.

At least three other teams are expected to have interest in luring Grant from the Nuggets, according to two league sources.

Those three teams are the Atlanta Hawks, the Phoenix Suns and the Detroit Pistons.
Denver Post
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#1217 » by D21 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 12:40 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

So we loose depth, and our only C backup who has great potential (and ATL would certainly have won at least 3 more games, at least, if he was not injured)... for Jerami Grant. Sure, it's what we need... :roll:
Unbelievable they can write something like this

Jamaaliver wrote:

Watched two NYK games with him, I would not have traded for him.
But after checking that, it's a sure NO :
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1218 » by Spud2nique » Tue Dec 7, 2021 3:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Few teams can spare a promising 22-year-old wing as easily as the Atlanta Hawks, who make Cam Reddish the centerpiece of a deal that brings Jerami Grant into the fold.

Health has been an issue for De'Andre Hunter during his brief career, but he and Kevin Huerter still give the Hawks plenty of depth and youth with Reddish gone. And that's to say nothing of Grant's contributions, which, over the last two years, have been worthy of All-Star consideration.

While Grant, 27, may not strike some as having enough talent to form a Big Three with Trae Young and John Collins, his career arc pushes back against that thought. We're talking about a player who starred in a limited role for some very good Denver Nuggets teams before stunning doubters by thriving as a high-usage first option with the Pistons. Grant figures out where his team's holes are and fills them in, often by adding new skills.

The Hawks are getting themselves a proven 20-point scorer who can make plays, defend multiple positions and knock down spot-up threes. During the course of his career evolution, Grant has been a low-usage three-and-D wing, a small-ball center and an on-ball first option. Whatever Atlanta needs, he'll provide.

Grant and Collins might seem to overlap a bit, but using those two as a 4-5 combo would strain opposing defenses to their breaking points. Both forwards play with grit on D, making up for their lack of true-center size, and their guard skills on the ball make them terrifying matchups for conventional bigs. Good luck wrangling Young with two serious threats at power forward and center stretching the floor and emptying the lane.

Detroit gets a pair of first-round talents, with Okongwu representing one of the league's most undervalued assets. The No. 6 pick in 2020 is still just 20 years old and has been prevented by injury from showing what he can do as a mobile 5. The rebuilding Pistons are getting two players with star upside on rookie deals, plus Wright in a second stint with the team as salary filler. That's a fair return for Grant, who's too old to feature in any long-term plans and who is probably too capable of helping the Pistons win games.
Bleacher Report
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Jerami Grant, who is expected to opt out of his contract, according to a league source, would prefer to stay in Denver given his importance and the Nuggets’ window for contention.

At least three other teams are expected to have interest in luring Grant from the Nuggets, according to two league sources.

Those three teams are the Atlanta Hawks, the Phoenix Suns and the Detroit Pistons.
Denver Post

Not with this trade he doesn’t.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#1219 » by graymule » Tue Dec 7, 2021 7:26 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Wright is all right. He's just getting adjusted to the Hawk team and he's shooting better recently.
And, he's pretty good on defense!

:D
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1220 » by King Ken » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:33 pm

We are now into Dec with Wright. He just doesn't fit offensively. Time to move him for a wing and move Cooper up the rotation

Return to Atlanta Hawks