Projected - Utah, Lakers, Phoenix
Challengers - GSW, Denver, Clippers, Portland, Dallas
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,634

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#4 » by Qwigglez » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm

I think it’s more Jazz and Nuggets. Lakers are only there IMO because the media and Lebron and AD get the favoritism in the playoffs. We’ll see how healthy they are by May though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,363

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:10 pm

Qwigglez wrote:I think it’s more Jazz and Nuggets. Lakers are only there IMO because the media and Lebron and AD get the favoritism in the playoffs. We’ll see how healthy they are by May though.

I hate the Lakers fit with Westbrook but he's seemed to figure it out elsewhere. I also hate their supporting cast. I won't be surprised if they are not a top 3 seed but I still wouldn't necessarily want to face LeBron in the playoffs..he has taken over entire series multiple times by himself...and if AD is healthy it's almost too much to stop.

In game 2 of our 1st round series AD got 21 free throws. In game 3 he got 14. He made 30 of those 35 attempts and they beat us fairly easily in both games.

However, I don't think we won the series because AD got hurt...both games 2 and 3 were the games CP3 was playing with one arm...so it was extra difficult for us.

But if refs are going to get AD to the line that many times, it will be tough to beat them.

I don't think you can count on anything with teams though except I think the Jazz will be very good if they stay healthy. We should be too.

I wouldn't count the Warriors out though. Wiggins has gotten better every year. You could still argue that Curry is the best player in the NBA, and if Otto Porter regains form along with Draymond, that's really tough before even considering a return of Klay, Wiseman getting better and other guys that look pretty good like Jordan Poole and Kevon Looney.

And Denver is a lot different without Campuzzo and Rivers starting.

Even just a completely healthy Will Barton helps...but Murray will be back eventually. They were only a couple games behind us last year.

I'm also curious how good the TWolves will be. If Edwards plays like a star and Russell gets back to his eastern all star form, those two with Towns may be a playoff threat.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#6 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:29 pm

The Rapper (aka Ant) is nowadays best Minnesota player.

He's unexperienced.
He's not the cornerstone of his team's offensive game.
He's still unreliable at defense.
He's still figuring his game out and even the entire basketball game as well

And yet he's the best there.

The fact he's still a rookie (he had just one game as a sophomore) says something about his team indeed.
And is not a good something.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,449

Post#7 » by sasquatchBob » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:I think it’s more Jazz and Nuggets. Lakers are only there IMO because the media and Lebron and AD get the favoritism in the playoffs. We’ll see how healthy they are by May though.

I hate the Lakers fit with Westbrook but he's seemed to figure it out elsewhere. I also hate their supporting cast. I won't be surprised if they are not a top 3 seed but I still wouldn't necessarily want to face LeBron in the playoffs..he has taken over entire series multiple times by himself...and if AD is healthy it's almost too much to stop.

In game 2 of our 1st round series AD got 21 free throws. In game 3 he got 14. He made 30 of those 35 attempts and they beat us fairly easily in both games.

However, I don't think we won the series because AD got hurt...both games 2 and 3 were the games CP3 was playing with one arm...so it was extra difficult for us.

But if refs are going to get AD to the line that many times, it will be tough to beat them.

I don't think you can count on anything with teams though except I think the Jazz will be very good if they stay healthy. We should be too.

I wouldn't count the Warriors out though. Wiggins has gotten better every year. You could still argue that Curry is the best player in the NBA, and if Otto Porter regains form along with Draymond, that's really tough before even considering a return of Klay, Wiseman getting better and other guys that look pretty good like Jordan Poole and Kevon Looney.

And Denver is a lot different without Campuzzo and Rivers starting.

Even just a completely healthy Will Barton helps...but Murray will be back eventually. They were only a couple games behind us last year.

I'm also curious how good the TWolves will be. If Edwards plays like a star and Russell gets back to his eastern all star form, those two with Towns may be a playoff threat.

I think Nuggets with Murray back are the best team in the West. People have forgotten how good he actually is.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,449

Post#8 » by sasquatchBob » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 am

El Hespiritu wrote:The Rapper (aka Ant) is nowadays best Minnesota player.

He's unexperienced.

The fact he's still a rookie (he had just one game as a sophomore) says something about his team indeed.

So you're saying he's better than KAT? That's a big statement. I trust your judgment more than mine though since you actually watch Wolves play.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:13 pm

If we talk of pure natural talent, maybe KAT would be the best.
But bball is not just talent.

Do you remember Jimmy Butler's statements about KAT and Wiggo when he was about to leave MIN?
That.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:03 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:If we talk of pure natural talent, maybe KAT would be the best.
But bball is not just talent.

Do you remember Jimmy Butler's statements about KAT and Wiggo when he was about to leave MIN?
That.

His #s are so good though. Lots of pts, rebounds, assists, some blocks, effiicency, 3s, spreading the floor to allow Ant and others to drive. He gets to the line.

I have to rely on those since I don't watch them much, but he also looked good against the Suns last year.

However, I trust your judgement more.

Is it just that his intensity isn't there as Butler alluded to and when the game is on the line he often doesn't come through?
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:21 pm

I like Kat (everybody who likes bball does). His talent and love for the game are legit and I even have feedback about him being such a good teammate and person as you may wish.

So I don't wanna dig too much into that and look like a hater. He didn't even reach his prime yet. He can get better.

If you search those Butler's interviews at YouTube, I pretty much agree with all what he says.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,797

Post#12 » by Saberestar » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:20 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:The Rapper (aka Ant) is nowadays best Minnesota player.

He's unexperienced.

You can say that Ant was better than Kat in the first game of the RS, but he is not better than him nowadays, not even close IMO.

Probably in the next future he will be better, I would agree with that because Ant's potential is huge.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:34 pm

You can't imagine how hard is for me to tell this.
I'm the last user at Real GM to buy rookies over proven players.
Ever.

Still I sustain it.

MIN should run the offense through The Rapper and figure the collective defense minding his current frailties, not for development purposes but in order to win more games.
They are not doing it (so far).

Good luck with that.

I wish to be wrong.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#14 » by Bogyo » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:19 am

Mobley and Barnes looking great so far.
Cleveland is also helped by Rickys calming effect, much like he did here. Congrats on that Hespiritu :)
Also agree with sasquachBob - when Murray is back Denver is the team to beat.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:05 pm

Miles Bridges playing really well to start the season. Looking like the #1 offensive option for the Hornets and playing solid D as well.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#16 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:03 am

bwgood77 wrote:Miles Bridges playing really well to start the season. Looking like the #1 offensive option for the Hornets and playing solid D as well.

I've been happy with him and LaMelo on my Premier League fantasy team. Jalen Green also finally having himself a night tonight too for my Dynasty squad, and of course Cole Anthony pops off on my bench...
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#17 » by darealjuice » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:35 am

Ja Morant looks incredible so far this season. Damn you draft lottery! Still love Cam tho
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#18 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 am

Top 6 of the draft all look high potential similiar to the 2018 group.

Also just read Markelle Fultz is being paid $17m a year.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:07 am

It's amazing how much worse Harden's #s are when he can't flop and get 10+ free throws a game. His fg% is way worse because they now count as shots and his points are way down. Honestly if you are just looking at box scores, he really doesn't appear to be a good player.

Of course you can't base it all on box scores kind of like with Ayton because Harden will always have a defender or two glued to him to make it easier for others.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#20 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:05 am

Are the Bulls being slept on as of now they are 4-0 and looking like a true contender. Plus Zach Lavine game seems more polished than Booker's. Lavine can dunk and hit threes while Booker is great at midrange and occasional layups. I'm liking what the baby bulls are doing.

Return to Phoenix Suns