buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,340

Re: Around the League 

Post#361 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am

Snakebites wrote:
TPA wrote:Sporting News Columnist Mitch Lawrence:

Oh for the love of God no...

Not sure what king's ransom of picks I'd want to take that guy on, but doubtless it's more than Houston would expect to give up. And we don't even really have filler- it's not like we can trade Griffin's dead cap or anything like that.

Anyone else slightly concerned we might be the mystery small market team who put in a bid on Ben Simmons?

I actually was thinking it could be us. Seems like something Gores would do. Look at how we swooped in for Blake it could happen again. I dont think we have the firepower it would have to be a multiteam deal where we give up like Bey/Killian/Grant.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#362 » by ducler » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:18 am

76ers need a PG now that Lowry is going to Heat. A 3 teams deal with Rockets and 76ers?
- to DET: Simmons
- to PHI: Wall
- to HOU: ?
TPA
Senior
And1: 467

Post#363 » by TPA » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:37 pm

This tweet implies that NBA teams are bidding for Wall. Two years and 92 million remaining on his contract. Wall's stats last year weren't great and the guy has one of the worst injury histories in the league. "The Rockets aren't rushing into any deal. One Houston exec: "We have to win this trade"."
Crazy.
I can't even come up with Piston's contracts that the team would be interested in moving that would add up to the number it would take to execute the trade.
I just don't understand how the Pistons would be a team interested in Wall while Houston "wins" the deal...
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#364 » by chrbal » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:25 am

TPA wrote:This tweet implies that NBA teams are bidding for Wall. Two years and 92 million remaining on his contract. Wall's stats last year weren't great and the guy has one of the worst injury histories in the league. "The Rockets aren't rushing into any deal. One Houston exec: "We have to win this trade"."
Crazy.
I can't even come up with Piston's contracts that the team would be interested in moving that would add up to the number it would take to execute the trade.
I just don't understand how the Pistons would be a team interested in Wall while Houston "wins" the deal...

Agent trying to create interest. I just think it’s really odd when we get thrown in since Weavers “everyone get the ——- out” plan
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#365 » by Pharaoh » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:06 am

Nuggets retain Aaron Gordon...

The 2022 free agent class loses another "big" name

I do believe once we won the Lottery the FO decided to give it 2 years.

Every decision we've made, every contract we've given out points to that IMO

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#366 » by DBC10 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:49 pm

I just want to say the complete about face from Ben Simmons from going to "never play for the Sixers again" to "nah I'm back baby" is a hilarious way to end this saga.

I'm also glad that Morey didn't cave either on Simmons and Klutch's holdout. 4 years left on the contract, ink barely dried, and they try to do this because he wanted to save face from his disaster of a playoff run

I'm all for player empowerment but this was not it
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,756

Post#367 » by Snakebites » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:07 pm

DBC10 wrote:I just want to say the complete about face from Ben Simmons from going to "never play for the Sixers again" to "nah I'm back baby" is a hilarious way to end this saga.

I'm also glad that Morey didn't cave either on Simmons and Klutch's holdout. 4 years left on the contract, ink barely dried, and they try to do this because he wanted to save face from his disaster of a playoff run

I'm all for player empowerment but this was not it

There's still the potential for this to get weird.

It's pretty clear Simmons is only reporting to stem his financial losses (why he thought he'd be able to get out of those losses is beyond me). It's not like he suddenly decided he's cool playing there. The fans won't be kind, and there will likely be tensions with his teammates as well.
bkseven
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#368 » by bkseven » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:00 am

Jalen Green negative thirty on the field
DBC10
General Manager

Post#369 » by DBC10 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:04 am

bkseven wrote:Jalen Green negative thirty on the field

*reads box score*
They have him playing point? Wow, they really are tanking
bkseven
Sixth Man

Post#370 » by bkseven » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:06 am

DBC10 wrote:
bkseven wrote:Jalen Green negative thirty on the field

*reads box score*
They have him playing point? Wow, they really are tanking

Not watching the game either. Just guessing he can’t defend nba players right now
Tecmo
Senior
And1: 219

Post#371 » by Tecmo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 pm

Green's +/- was -37. That's really, really bad on even a bad team.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#372 » by tmorgan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:28 am

Green’s got a long way to go, but if you missed, check out his attempted dunk tonight. The hops on that kid, yikes.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#373 » by Pistonrings » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:45 am

Green hit 30 tonight, 8 3 pointers. He won't make a living doing just that.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#374 » by bstein14 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Pistonrings wrote:Green hit 30 tonight, 8 3 pointers. He won't make a living doing just that.

Out of 450 guys in the league, less than 20 have likely ever gone 8-10 or better on three point shooting in a game. Incredible night for Green for sure. Bey had a 7-7 night against the Celtics in his rookie season and Green's performance is equally impressive IMO. Although he has struggled shooting in his first two games you can certainly see the athleticism and pure scoring ability that landed him a top 2 pick.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#375 » by Manocad » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:39 pm

Titan77 wrote:Green's +/- was -37. That's really, really bad on even a bad team.

Yeah, people often overlook the fact that ultimately you want all plus players on your team if possible, regardless of what they score. Scoring 30 doesn't count for squat if you're giving up 37. People get turned on by the fact that he can shoot and score but other that he doesn't do anything else particularly well. His ball handling is suspect and his defense sucks. And don't get me wrong; he was absolutely my choice of draft pick if Cade wasn't available but that doesn't mean I overlook his shortcomings. And I definitely don't care for the "I'ma git mines" attitude.
dezzie_33
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#376 » by dezzie_33 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:52 pm

Manocad wrote:
Titan77 wrote:Green's +/- was -37. That's really, really bad on even a bad team.

Yeah, people often overlook the fact that ultimately you want all plus players on your team if possible, regardless of what they score. Scoring 30 doesn't count for squat if you're giving up 37. People get turned on by the fact that he can shoot and score but other that he doesn't do anything else particularly well. His ball handling is suspect and his defense sucks. And don't get me wrong; he was absolutely my choice of draft pick if Cade wasn't available but that doesn't mean I overlook his shortcomings. And I definitely don't care for the "I'ma git mines" attitude.

He was -12 on his 30 point game. I'm really hoping all the best for Cade, but Green is everything the Pistons need right now.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#377 » by DBC10 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:32 am

I know it's cheating and a low hanging fruit to compare but I watched the Warriors tonight against OKC just on a whim and the way they generate their points is quite a bit of fresh air. Sure they have Curry to create open looks since he automatically gets two guys on him as soon as he crosses half court, but him passing out of the double for an open corner or to a top of the key Draymond and then letting Draymond create or score is virtually unstoppable. The only way they lose is if they lose confidence and the role guys choke the open shots after working so hard to create those open looks

Not to mention they have these random role players go off and help win the game like Damion Lee coming in clutch toward the end of the 3rd or Otto Porter making back to back 3's after starting cold. They don't relent in keep hitting the open man
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#378 » by Manocad » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:40 am

dezzie_33 wrote:
Manocad wrote:

He was -12 on his 30 point game. I'm really hoping all the best for Cade, but Green is everything the Pistons need right now.

Sure. AFTER adding Cade. Instead of Cade? Nope. The Pistons needed a leader/face of the franchise type of guy more than anything and that sure as s**t ain't Green. #1 scorer on the team? Sure. But face of the franchise and more importantly a leader? I don't see that in Green one bit.
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#379 » by treefi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:42 am

Pistonrings wrote:Green hit 30 tonight, 8 3 pointers. He won't make a living doing just that.

He won't?
bkseven
Sixth Man

Post#380 » by bkseven » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:23 am

treefi wrote:

He won't?

Is that a serious question. Look at three of his four games including tonight’s

Return to Detroit Pistons