ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 6: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Clippers: Nov 1st 7:30 PM PCT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

donemilio21
Veteran
And1: 761

Re: Game 6: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Clippers: Nov 1st 7:30 PM PCT 

Post#21 » by donemilio21 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:26 am

Either Mann or Kennard needs to start over Bledsoe. He clearly does not want to be here and his game shows it.
ShaqFTs
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#22 » by ShaqFTs » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:30 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Every time the game gets close, this team shoots itself in the foot with a brick, turnover or foul. This team is a disaster.

Hate to say it, but the PG trade is just getting confirmed more and more as the Herschel Walker trade of the NBA. If he was actually worth Shai and the picks, this team (as much of a mess as it is) would look a million times better than it does right now and we wouldn't be looking this hopeless against some of the worst teams in the league.

I'm not going to defend the team performance today but I've to do this instead.

PG13 saying hellllloooooooooooooooo to you. This game is prime example why he worths all those picks. IF last year's playoff not enough :crazy:

If this team fails to get ring in PG13&Kawhi tenure, I will blame a lot of people before PG13.

Umm no player was worth those picks unless they bring a championship.

Having said that, PG played AMAZING TODAY!!
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,315

Post#23 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:34 am

donemilio21 wrote:Either Mann or Kennard needs to start over Bledsoe. He clearly does not want to be here and his game shows it.

I agree- either he doesn't want to be here or is a very bad NBA player at this point. Either way, he should be benched for the time being.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,803

Post#24 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:54 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Wow, this team is atrocious. I'm already done with Bledsoe and Winslow, I can't watch an entire season of them. They need to be out of the rotation.

Lue has also regressed back to what got him fired in Cleveland: tunnel vision for playing awful veterans while letting young players rot on the bench, even when it's obvious that the season is lost. There is no reason not to be developing Boston as much as possible. What's the worst that could happen, we miss the playoffs? Just not having the worst record in the league feels like it would take a miracle at this point.

OKC is 100% getting the #1 pick with our pick after this season and it's going to be devastating. Hopefully the widespread ridicule and negative PR will finally motivate Ballmer to get an actual GM instead of another mediocre-at-best coach pretending to be a GM (and failing miserably).

Mercy. :lol:

We won. I thought we would. Ty is giving everyone rope. Enjoyed it.

This is supposed to be fun. :wink:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#25 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:02 am

ShaqFTs wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Every time the game gets close, this team shoots itself in the foot with a brick, turnover or foul. This team is a disaster.

Hate to say it, but the PG trade is just getting confirmed more and more as the Herschel Walker trade of the NBA. If he was actually worth Shai and the picks, this team (as much of a mess as it is) would look a million times better than it does right now and we wouldn't be looking this hopeless against some of the worst teams in the league.

PG13 saying hellllloooooooooooooooo to you. This game is prime example why he worths all those picks. IF last year's playoff not enough :crazy:

If this team fails to get ring in PG13&Kawhi tenure, I will blame a lot of people before PG13.

Welcome. But you're late to the game. To bring you up to speed, Kawhi would not sign here as the Most Valuable Unrestricted Free Agent unless we traded all those picks--which hopefully will be monkey picks at #20 or worse--for Paul George or somebody similar.

So DONT EVEN. [And yes, PG played amazing today. AGAIN. After his Pandemic P humiliation, he has come back to play at HOF level.]
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#26 » by TheNewEra » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:29 am

That was ugly but needed on to the next one.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#27 » by Clemenza » Tue Nov 2, 2021 7:58 am

ShaqFTs wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:

How soon we forget that the trade went down for us to acquire both Kawhi and PG. On paper its PG for SGA and all those picks but in reality Kawhi wasn't coming unless the trade didn't go down. The problem is Kawhi is injured a lot as well as the Doc Rivers effect and things haven't materialize like they should have.

Definitely take this win as 2-4 is waaayyy better than 1-5. Lets face facts there's a lot of bad players on this team. Too many vagabonds, guys who have reached their ceilings, and guys who are close to hanging it up all together. And we can bring up the trade all day long but lets not forget two first rounders Kebengele and Jerome Robinson not working out killed off two potential rotation spots that could've paid dividends by now. Not saying they would become stars but we hoped Fi could've pushed Zu to the bench and JRob would've became Ray Allen Lite. But these guys aren't even in the league anymore. Crazy.. Now were just scrambling to hopefully rehabilitate players who are on the verge of flaming out of the league. Now they finally see that you have to draft better in today's league. But we have a couple of youngsters who need to be thrown in the mix sooner than later. Going to need some reinforcements for this road trip.

-And that thread about Frank and the front office should've have been locked imo.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#28 » by Clemenza » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:06 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:

Exactly.. plus OKC inherited and hit the ground running with KD, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, etc. Then a run with PG & Westbrook, then another mini run with PG, SGA, and Gallo... now they've truly hit rock bottom and we really get to see how genius Presti and company really are. They get too much credit imo as RealGM loves them some draft pick hoarders. I'm going to keep a close eye to see if they can become great again. Tanking teams sometimes get more love than teams who are trying to win around these parts.
ShaqFTs
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#29 » by ShaqFTs » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:23 am

If PG continues to play like this (and can get either Kennard or Reggie to be his 2nd guy like Luke was today) we WILL make the playoffs no matter how atrociously everyone else plays. And he will in contention for MVP. GUARANTEED!

But I'm concerned how consistent he can be. This game was one of my favorites of his as a Clipper but it's going to be tough carrying the load all season. Let's make some trades please!!!
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#30 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:51 am

Clemenza wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:

Exactly.. plus OKC inherited and hit the ground running with KD, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, etc. Then a run with PG & Westbrook, then another mini run with PG, SGA, and Gallo... now they've truly hit rock bottom and we really get to see how genius Presti and company really are. They get too much credit imo as RealGM loves them some draft pick hoarders. I'm going to keep a close eye to see if they can become great again. Tanking teams sometimes get more love than teams who are trying to win around these parts.

I suffered through The Process in Philly. Which is now down to Embiid's aching knees.

And let's not even talk about Ainge. Celtics are a basket case.
NickP
Rookie
And1: 863

Post#31 » by NickP » Tue Nov 2, 2021 1:32 pm

Ugly win but still counts as a W. I agree that Bledsoe is not worthy of coming off the bench, let alone start.
Mann should be starting and playing PG along with Reggie.
Luke is clearly our 6th man this year. Also I'm really getting tired of Ibaka and Morris.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,126

Post#32 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 2, 2021 1:33 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:

PG is playing great individually for sure. Can't argue with the production. But we're 2-4 and needed a furious comeback against a bad OKC team to avoid being 1-5. With how badly we got fleeced in that trade, this is a disaster if we can't get back on track quickly.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,631

Post#33 » by KL2 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:47 pm

og15 wrote:We're already at the play rookie complaints 6 games into the season? That was quick lol

Lue and Frank talked about how they would have to rely on the youngsters to eat some minutes this season. Both talked about keeping the minutes of George, Jackson, Morris, and Batum down so they wouldn’t be worn out later. We’ve all ready heard George talk about heavy legs having to carry the load without Kawhi 6 games into the season. That’s concerning imo.

I don’t expect Boston or Johnson to save the day/season. They’re rookies and will make plenty of mistakes. This team is old and health is a major concern. What those rookies will do is play hard, bring some energy, hustle, and ignite a team that is lacking some of that. I don’t expect them to play 20-30 minutes but some bursts of fearlessness would be a welcome sight.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,041

Post#34 » by LamarWho » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:15 pm

We are a G-League team when PG is not shooting well. I promise you PG will have a bunch of those games. Game plan against us is easy, make anyone not named PG or Kennard shoot the ball. For Kennard you only need an average wing defender, as he's not all that great creating his own shots.
NickP
Rookie
And1: 863

Post#35 » by NickP » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:38 pm

LamarWho wrote:We are a G-League team when PG is not shooting well. I promise you PG will have a bunch of those games. Game plan against us is easy, make anyone not named PG or Kennard shoot the ball. For Kennard you only need an average wing defender, as he's not all that great creating his own shots.

We're a G league team because no one knows what the F is wrong with Ibaka and Morris was perfectly healthy as per him to start the season.
We need to take G leaguer Bledsoe out of the lineup and give the job to Mann ASAP.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,938

Post#36 » by Bobbymcgee » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:10 pm

PG13 is playing amazing. I don't understand why the rest of the team is shooting like hot garbage. Its a shame to think that this is going to be a wasted season for George.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#37 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:33 pm

KL2 wrote:
og15 wrote:We're already at the play rookie complaints 6 games into the season? That was quick lol

Lue and Frank talked about how they would have to rely on the youngsters to eat some minutes this season. Both talked about keeping the minutes of George, Jackson, Morris, and Batum down so they wouldn’t be worn out later. We’ve all ready heard George talk about heavy legs having to carry the load without Kawhi 6 games into the season. That’s concerning imo.

I don’t expect Boston or Johnson to save the day/season. They’re rookies and will make plenty of mistakes. This team is old and health is a major concern. What those rookies will do is play hard, bring some energy, hustle, and ignite a team that is lacking some of that. I don’t expect them to play 20-30 minutes but some bursts of fearlessness would be a welcome sight.

Having a couple of playable youngsters who can hustle, defend reasonably well, and not make too many mistakes in 10-15 MPG would be a big boost for us given our average age. It's crazy how slow a group of 5 30-year olds can look on a NBA court (when they're actually on it that is...) That's one (among a few) reasons why Mann typically has such a positive contribution when he's on the floor.

We didn't seem to prioritize NBA ready though. I'm fine with Boston, he looks promising and was a good developmental 2nd round pick. We don't know how they'll turn out (even this season), but Bones Hyland was mentioned as a possible pick for us and he is playing decent minutes on the Nuggets right now while Johnson doesn't look look nearly as ready.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers