ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#561 » by xdrta+ » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:05 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:I remember some here saying Jaylen Brown would be their ideal player to go after in a trade that might work. I don't know about that. There's something about him that turns me off. The current Celtics rough patch is only a part of it. I'm getting a difficult player vibe from him.

Is your vibe based on anything? Other than getting Covid and talking about how it's taken his body a while to rehabilitate, there isn't much in the news about the guy. Personally, I think he'd be a great fit for the Warriors.

The only news is that Marcus Smart is complaining that Jaylen won't pass the ball.

Read on Twitter
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#562 » by Old_Blue » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:09 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:I remember some here saying Jaylen Brown would be their ideal player to go after in a trade that might work. I don't know about that. There's something about him that turns me off. The current Celtics rough patch is only a part of it. I'm getting a difficult player vibe from him.

Is your vibe based on anything? Other than getting Covid and talking about how it's taken his body a while to rehabilitate, there isn't much in the news about the guy. Personally, I think he'd be a great fit for the Warriors.

The only news is that Marcus Smart is complaining that Jaylen won't pass the ball.

Read on Twitter

Yeah, I read that before responding to you. I don't make much of it. Smart is lobbing that accusation at both Brown and Tatum, by the way.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#563 » by WarriorGM » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:55 pm

Old_Blue wrote:

A bunch of little things. His statement that his team needed a black coach. Hayward making the comment that Stevens needed to exert a stronger voice in the locker room. A joking statement Brown made about Tatum seeking his autograph when they were younger which was probably an inside joke but still seemed rather pompous. The turnover of good players on their team. I notice Hayward and Rozier are now on the Hornets and they are currently doing better. Blake Griffin supposedly being warned of toxicity in the Celtics locker room.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#564 » by xdrta+ » Tue Nov 2, 2021 9:55 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yeah, I read that before responding to you. I don't make much of it. Smart is lobbing that accusation at both Brown and Tatum, by the way.

Of course he is, but you hadn't seen news of Brown. Now you have.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#565 » by Old_Blue » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:12 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Read on Twitter

Of course he is, but you hadn't seen news of Brown. Now you have.

As I said, I had seen Smart's comments. But, like I said, I don't make much of it. As superstar players go in the NBA, Jaylen Brown is a model citizen. Again, I'd love to have him on the team.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#566 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:46 pm

Does Brown still work as hard on the other end?

He made his mark initially as a defender before he added shot creation to his bag.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#567 » by FNQ » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:24 am

I love that its taken the GB what.. 4 years.. to realize that Tatum doesnt pass and that just made him a new Melo

Brown's better about it but Smart's not that wrong.. JB has become more of an iso player as he's gotten older. What a waste if he doesnt turn it around and be the all-around guy he could be
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#568 » by Coxy » Wed Nov 3, 2021 11:06 am

I drafted Tatum in fantasy, and it's the 1st time I've had him, plus I have Brown as well, so I'm watching a tonne of Boston games at the moment. What strikes me about Tatum, is how slow he is, and how much of a ball stopper he is. It really is Melo 2.0 out there with him. Brown seems to be more of an in the flow sort of guy, and he takes the shot when it's there, but he looks like way more of a willing team guy. Tatum, hell no, I seriously think that he thinks he's Kobe.

Also, Al Horford is darn good still. Wish we had him.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#569 » by FNQ » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:55 pm

Coxy wrote:Also, Al Horford is darn good still. Wish we had him.

Yesss

He was one of the guys I was OK dealing Wiggins for, in the offseason (provided we could get a starting SF in the deal or by other means). He always gets underrated because of that crazy contract PHI gave him, but man is he still good. Sucks that he's been trade fodder for crappy teams the past couple years
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#570 » by Onus » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:32 pm

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:Also, Al Horford is darn good still. Wish we had him.

Yesss

He was one of the guys I was OK dealing Wiggins for, in the offseason (provided we could get a starting SF in the deal or by other means). He always gets underrated because of that crazy contract PHI gave him, but man is he still good. Sucks that he's been trade fodder for crappy teams the past couple years

But Horford still wants to play pf when he should be playing center
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#571 » by and1GS » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:33 pm

Prime Melo was an incredible player. But you need to build a proper team around Tatum. They keep surrounding him and Brown with either defense first guys or scorers - no facilitators. Schroeder and Kemba are both solid players, but they aren't top tier creators for their teammates. They're undersized 2's playing the 1.

Tatum and Brown need to be better to take the final leap, but the team construction has been poor for a while now in Boston.

To both of your points - this has been Tatum forever even back to Duke. He gets the high usage assists - I have the ball so I'm going to fall into some assists each game. That said he's a wonderful scorer, so I hope he figures it out (though selfishly am rooting more for Jaylen given the Cal connection).
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#572 » by wco81 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:22 pm

Next season, Brown will be an expiring with $30.7 million due in 2023-24.

He will no doubt be looking for a super Max and then Tatum comes up in 2025-26 with a $37 million player option.

He's also going to be looking to get a super Max because he's going to put up big numbers.

If they don't make noise this year, probably at least beat one of the top 3 seeds in the East in the playoffs or maybe at least go back to the ECF and have a competitive series vs. the Nets or the Bucks or whoever, are the Celtics going to double down on the Jays?

Probably would be tempted to move Brown with a one-year remaining expiring by the trade deadline in 2022-23 season unless they show signs of being a top 3 seed in the East at least.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,106

Post#573 » by GSWFan1994 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:29 pm

I think Tatum's on a trajectory to being one of the best players of the last 2 decades, relative to his age.

I don't like Brown as much, but I still like him too.

Some growing pains are expected, as the roster around them is not so good.

I don't think both will finish their careers in Boston.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#574 » by Coxy » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:58 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:I think Tatum's on a trajectory to being one of the best players of the last 2 decades, relative to his age.

Really? I'm just not seeing it. He's a good iso scorer, I'm just not seeing the elite player there.

I was thinking about the Melo comparison, but Melo had elite quickness and a quick shot. Tatum has neither. He's a better Maggette from what I watch. That's right I said it, Tatum is Maggette 2.0.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#575 » by FNQ » Wed Nov 3, 2021 9:18 pm

Coxy wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I think Tatum's on a trajectory to being one of the best players of the last 2 decades, relative to his age.

Really? I'm just not seeing it. He's a good iso scorer, I'm just not seeing the elite player there.

I was thinking about the Melo comparison, but Melo had elite quickness and a quick shot. Tatum has neither. He's a better Maggette from what I watch. That's right I said it, Tatum is Maggette 2.0.

I dont know that I'd go that far, but Id say he's closer to Maggette than one of the best players of the last 2 decades. He'll get his PPG and counting stats, and that will be enough for people. But like Melo, like Maggette.. the impact wont be there until he's made a 2nd or maybe even 3rd banana. Until then, I think we've already seen the peak of a Tatum led-team
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#576 » by TB » Wed Nov 3, 2021 9:37 pm

I'm just going to throw out the fact that contracts match for:

Brown, Horford
for
Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#577 » by Old_Blue » Wed Nov 3, 2021 10:55 pm

Coxy wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt. It's coming from the same guy who wanted the Dubs to draft Deni Avdija at #2 in 2020 and Jalen Johnson at #7 in 2021. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coxy
RealGM

Post#578 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 4, 2021 2:29 am

Old_Blue wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt. It's coming from the same guy who wanted the Dubs to draft Deni Avdija at #2 in 2020 and Jalen Johnson at #7 in 2021. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but are you stating this is what I wanted from those drafts, or GSWFan1994? I never wanted Avdija or Jalen Johnson.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#579 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:57 am

I keep all draft predictions other posters have ever made in my wallet in case one of you **** ever gets out of line and I need a quick reference

Anyways, Celtics seem to be collapsing pretty quickly. Maybe something with Jaylen Brown has some legs after all? :D
Coxy
RealGM

Post#580 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:41 am

FNQ wrote:I keep all draft predictions other posters have ever made in my wallet in case one of you **** ever gets out of line and I need a quick reference

Anyways, Celtics seem to be collapsing pretty quickly. Maybe something with Jaylen Brown has some legs after all? :D

Wiggins/Wiseman/Looney/2022 1st for Brown/Horford. Give Chriss a minimum.

Curry / GPII
Klay / Poole / Lee
Brown / Iguodala / Moody
Green / OPJ / Kuminga / JTA
Horford / Bjelica / Chriss

Return to Golden State Warriors