Post#1981 » by LAL1947 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:13 am

Mr B wrote:Who is Rui?

Rui Hachimura from the Wizards.

LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1982 » by LAL1947 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:56 pm

Random question... if Dallas could trade for Eric Gordon or Gary Harris, who would y'all prefer and why?

There's many factors to consider:
1) current roster & fit
2) age & production
3) contract dollars & future cap
4) cost of the trade
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,980

Post#1983 » by Apz » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:09 am

LAL1947 wrote:Random question... if Dallas could trade for Eric Gordon or Gary Harris, who would y'all prefer and why?

There's many factors to consider:
1) current roster & fit
2) age & production
3) contract dollars & future cap
4) cost of the trade

Write the info.

But can say i got less ghen zero intrest in gordon, cant remember harris stuff
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,489

Post#1984 » by Maverick41 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:13 am

Apz wrote:But can say i got less ghen zero intrest in gordon, cant remember harris stuff

Gordon's averaging 14 on over 55% from 3 this year and would be a great fit with Frank off the bench if JB continues to start. If for cheap like Dwight + Burke + 2nd round pick like has been suggested on this board and the trade discussion board several times, you absolutely do it. Even if he sucks, at least you get rid of the ability for Kidd to play Dwight :P
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#1985 » by Apz » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:44 am

LAL1947 wrote:

Like the player, bug im against it if its true he is off for menthal health issues. Had enough of thag for a decade
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#1986 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:50 am

Apz wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Like the player, bug im against it if its true he is off for menthal health issues. Had enough of thag for a decade

Larry Sanders 2.0?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#1987 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 2:12 pm

Toronto have a lot of 4/5...Siakam, Anounoby, Acwhuia, Boucher and Birch. Anyone interesting? Seems Boucher could be out of rotation after Siakam come back...
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#1988 » by Apz » Thu Nov 4, 2021 2:18 pm

OG and siakam is obviously intresting, but imo, would not take us far enough to be worth any 1st and we got nothing else to bridge value. Rest is just meh, nothing that would get many min here, so would have to be our bottom guys and dont see why toronto would do that before they decided direction
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1989 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 2:52 pm

Siakam and Anounoby are obviously the better players but we don't have assets for them.

I make a try for Boucher, he could be very cheaper and can't be worse than WCS and Powell.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1990 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 6:31 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Siakam and Anounoby are obviously the better players but we don't have assets for them.

I make a try for Boucher, he could be very cheaper and can't be worse than WCS and Powell.
Boucher also limited on who he can guard.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#1991 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Nov 4, 2021 8:27 pm

LAL1947 wrote:

yes, I like it ... also PJ Washington, he has similar characteristics to Collins (Hawks) he even shoots better on 3 .. and is covered by Bridges .. I think it is RFA this summer
1+1=11
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#1992 » by King Ken » Thu Nov 4, 2021 9:40 pm

I am not a Dallas fan, was back when Dirk played but I don't like or care for Luka because of his stans and their annoyance to us Hawk fans. That said, I have some ideas that could eventually help Dallas.

1. Targeting Collin Sexton to be an uber Mo Williams. I just don't know how realistic this is. Sexton has improved his value this year with better playmaking and other than a boatload of picks like what MIL traded for Jrue Holiday, I don't see what Dallas can offer that's appealing to Cleveland. He would be my top target

2. The lottery picks with potential that busted with their OG team. Guys like Sekou and Killan just aren't NBA players but guys like Bagley and Bamba are.

I am not sure if you can land Bamba but Bagley is possible for sure. I would target him. It's nearly impossible to get a potential two way wing and I think you don't need to with Luka and Tim.

3. Center to me is the biggest area of need. If DAL had a Clint Capela type, they would be so much better for out it. I don't know who you can target. Myles Turner would be perfect but you don't have the trade value unless you massively overpay with multiple unprotected 1sts.

Dallas has depth, they have a nice 5-12. 2-4 is a tad questionable. KP was a clear 2 but his regression makes him a decent 4. Tim is a clear elite 6th man who can function as a solid 3rd option which is fine but teams like Denver have MPJ, PHX has Ayton, as 3rd options makes you need a stronger 3 unless your depth is elite. So even if KP is the 4 and Tim is the 3rd, that's not enough even with a transcendent player like Luka. Dallas just had to keep trying to add talent. Jason has proven to be good at player development unlike aging Rick where you have to be polished from the jump.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#1993 » by King Ken » Thu Nov 4, 2021 9:57 pm

Maverick41 wrote:
Apz wrote:But can say i got less ghen zero intrest in gordon, cant remember harris stuff

Gordon's averaging 14 on over 55% from 3 this year and would be a great fit with Frank off the bench if JB continues to start. If for cheap like Dwight + Burke + 2nd round pick like has been suggested on this board and the trade discussion board several times, you absolutely do it. Even if he sucks, at least you get rid of the ability for Kidd to play Dwight :P

They are going to want something promising for Eric Gordon. Nothing is this deal is promising
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#1994 » by Maverick41 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 10:08 pm

King Ken wrote:They are going to want something promising for Eric Gordon. Nothing is this deal is promising

Would be more-so on money savings with 4-5 million for this and next season being saved for the Rockets. There's other variations with Moses/Josh going to Rockets, House coming back, etc as well that some Rocket fans have been receptive towards. Your right though, probably made more sense in the offseason. Now Gordon playing so well they might be able to get something better for him.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#1995 » by Maverick41 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 10:28 pm

King Ken wrote:1. Targeting Collin Sexton to be an uber Mo Williams. I just don't know how realistic this is. Sexton has improved his value this year with better playmaking and other than a boatload of picks like what MIL traded for Jrue Holiday, I don't see what Dallas can offer that's appealing to Cleveland. He would be my top target

2. The lottery picks with potential that busted with their OG team. Guys like Sekou and Killan just aren't NBA players but guys like Bagley and Bamba are.

I am not sure if you can land Bamba but Bagley is possible for sure. I would target him. It's nearly impossible to get a potential two way wing and I think you don't need to with Luka and Tim.

3. Center to me is the biggest area of need. If DAL had a Clint Capela type, they would be so much better for out it. I don't know who you can target. Myles Turner would be perfect but you don't have the trade value unless you massively overpay with multiple unprotected 1sts.

Dallas has depth, they have a nice 5-12. 2-4 is a tad questionable. KP was a clear 2 but his regression makes him a decent 4. Tim is a clear elite 6th man who can function as a solid 3rd option which is fine but teams like Denver have MPJ, PHX has Ayton, as 3rd options makes you need a stronger 3 unless your depth is elite. So even if KP is the 4 and Tim is the 3rd, that's not enough even with a transcendent player like Luka. Dallas just had to keep trying to add talent. Jason has proven to be good at player development unlike aging Rick where you have to be polished from the jump.

Thanks for stopping by and giving your thoughts. Always fun to hear other fans' perspective on what we should do particularly when they're meant with good intentions like yours.

I agree with most of what you said. I've been an advocate for Sexton for a while and think he would really fit with a big guard like Luka. Like you said uber Mo Williams or in our case, an uber JET. The emergence of Brunson makes this a little less desirable because it would be hard to juggle 2 small guards but if Brunson was going out (like a 3rd team for a pick to CLE), it would make sense.

Taking chances on high potential players, particularly high lottery ones is also something I'm interested in. With Bamba, I assume Orlando doesn't want to trade him anymore considering his emergence but I think he would be a great fit on the team if somehow they decide that they'd rather play WCJ at center rather then start him with another big like Bamba. Bagley I'm also interested. Understand that his defense sucks and so does his attitude, but he clearly has talent. He averaged 14-15 ppg in his 1st 3 seasons. Maybe empty stats but none of our bigs except KP can do that, even if you gave them a touch every possession of the game. We got to take some risks to upgrade our talent. We have solid role players throughout the roster but that's what they are, role players with barely any/if any upside. That's great if your top 3 players are legit 1-3 options (like Nets, Lakers, Bucks, Heat) but we definitely don't have that so role players are being forced to play above what they can do.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#1996 » by Apz » Thu Nov 4, 2021 11:48 pm

King Ken wrote:I am not a Dallas fan, was back when Dirk played but I don't like or care for Luka because of his stans and their annoyance to us Hawk fans. That said, I have some ideas that could eventually help Dallas.

1. Targeting Collin Sexton to be an uber Mo Williams. I just don't know how realistic this is. Sexton has improved his value this year with better playmaking and other than a boatload of picks like what MIL traded for Jrue Holiday, I don't see what Dallas can offer that's appealing to Cleveland. He would be my top target

1. Sexton doesnt fit. Sure if they would throw him at us we would accept, but would never include any pics or anything good for the pleasure to pay him next summer.

2. I dont mind it. Would give a 2nd or 2 for bamba, as long as a center goes the other way to salary match. Bagley is just bad. His ceiling is dwight powell, if he ever understands center is his position. Hayes and the likes, we have/had our draft busts, no use importing others.

3. Mavs need a better center. Turner been talked aboit a lot, but get the feeling he dont have the mass to rule the paint.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#1997 » by Darren » Fri Nov 5, 2021 12:51 pm

I think the Mavs have to pull the trigger if something like this is available:
GSW trades: Draymond Green, Bjelica
Dallas trades: Maxi Kleber, Dorian Finney-Smith, Dwight Powell.

Why for GSW? GSW is going to stick with Wiseman. Draymond is good but ageing. Getting Maxi and DFS could allow GSW to contend a little longer. Weird as it is, Powell is among elite runner who can excel very well with Curry pick-n-roll.

Why for DAL? Meanwhile for Dallas, Green is easily one of the best fit next to KP. Green can take on more bulk big or quicker perimeter oriented big. Offensively, Green can help Luka creates some. Bjelica is under the Mavs radar for last couple of season for good reason - international player who can shoot light out and is more natural 4 compared with all other Mavs bigs. And this trade open up a spot for Eugene who seems to be able to contribute immediately. Moses could get more playing time to sore up the defense. Things could be nice for the Mavs.

That's a good trade (at least better than Dragic trade).
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1998 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 1:25 pm

Yes...but after that trade the GM of Golden State will be locked up in a mental institution.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#1999 » by Apz » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:13 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Yes...but after that trade the GM of Golden State will be locked up in a mental institution.

And so will mavs i think. Maybe not, first month, but soon after. Kleber had been injured, but burned out being the only big defender last year vs clippers, since that 7 games is the only ones that counts it seems. We also trade away our defensive 3/4, do people really think a 35(?) yo green can handle all the defense for the team? Pretty sure that it wont work and now there is absolutely zero good contracts on the team. Judt my opinion
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2000 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:57 pm

Yes we don't talk about the prime Green, his past value was huge.
Now he lost a step but he is a good defender, a good floor general and he has strong mentality.

PG13 and Kawhi tourched us for all the series (2 years in a row) not only in game7, with our wings battery we can't compete in PO. Fact.

Return to Dallas Mavericks