Can Eugene Omoruyi please start?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkdiggler4177
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,244

Re: Can Eugene Omoruyi please start? 

Post#21 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:09 pm

leolozon wrote:
Apz wrote:I so wish he would be full time with us. Tonight, when **** just doesnt go our way, having him bulldoze the hawks team would have been nice

I can't help thinking that sending him back to the G league shows a lack of forward thinking by the Mavs.

Maybe he's bad and will never be an NBA player, but he has something that the Mavs need. Yet, they are content playing the same players who didn't get it done in the past two years and who have no upside.

Give me someone who wants to prove something with the type of body and game severely lacking on the Mavs. It seems like a no brainer gamble to keep him around and give him low minutes. If you're wrong, you're wrong. You didn't really lose anything. It's not as if the Mavs role players are must play guys. It seems like most of them play bad half the time.

In the last preseason game he showed that he is very bad defender in the NBA. He made mistakes and was not able to keep up. He needs time.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#22 » by tribulations » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:21 pm

KhalilS wrote:The fascination with drafting 18y/o based on potential and ignoring good talent with 4 years in college has created a lot of busts, but also opportunities, Guys like, Duncan Robinson, DFS, Nunn and now guys like Ommoryyi, and even Luka Garza who went 52nd.
Mavs spent the 33rd pick in the deepest draft in the last 10 years on a college vet and got solid rotation player, makes you wonder what went wrong on 2020 draft.

Duarte as well.

High ceiling boom or bust types are fine but the aversion to seasoned college pro's who are readymade mature basketball players aka 'old rookies' seem unjustified.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#23 » by Bluelabel24 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:16 pm

would really like to see his ceiling.. i think DFS already hit his.. might be a good idea to slowly give him PT sooner rather later.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#24 » by leolozon » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:11 pm

He played alright against Denver. I will reiterate the same opinion. I don't care if he's not that good at defense yet, I want to see more of him, because he fits a need and he wouldn't take the spot of a good player. To me, it's potential upside without a real downside to play him for a couple of games early in the season.

He wouldn't have made the team worst in those first 5 game and right now we would have more info.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,820

Post#25 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:17 pm

Mostly he can be worse than Powell and DFS...a center like WCS or Brown and him at the 4. Come on!
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#26 » by Teffer10 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:30 pm

Bluelabel24 wrote:would really like to see his ceiling.. i think DFS already hit his.. might be a good idea to slowly give him PT sooner rather later.

Yeah, we have a lot of guys playing at or near their ceilings so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get this guy some burn since he is one of the few on this team with an upside.
I've all but given up on Green and I have my doubts about M. Brown ever developing into anything other than a serviceable backup.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#27 » by Teffer10 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:46 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Mostly he can be worse than Powell and DFS...a center like WCS or Brown and him at the 4. Come on!

Powell can't rebound, defend or shoot.
I'd rather see what EO can bring than keep going with the 30 yr old known that obviously doesn't work.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:32 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Mostly he can be worse than Powell and DFS...a center like WCS or Brown and him at the 4. Come on!

Powell can't rebound, defend or shoot.
I'd rather see what EO can bring than keep going with the 30 yr old known that obviously doesn't work.

Sorry my friend, i mean "can't". My bad :banghead:
taibumu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#29 » by taibumu » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:59 pm

He looks like a smart guy on the pitch. Not too much os these in the Dallas roster, that's another important problem in the team, some of them try to do things out of their skills.

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#30 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Nov 3, 2021 6:45 pm

How's he doing in the G-League?
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#31 » by Apz » Wed Nov 3, 2021 9:12 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:How's he doing in the G-League?

He isnt in the g league, he is on mavs bench
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#32 » by Pinkyring » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:21 am

At this point im open, green sucks s brown sucks dfs sucks basically our entire wing rotation is a dumpster fire.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:12 am

Pinkyring wrote:At this point im open, green sucks s brown sucks dfs sucks basically our entire wing rotation is a dumpster fire.

We have a lot of weak/mediocre (no)3&(no)D guys....that's what some of us tried to say in the offseason.

A lot of guys here are happy for having Bullock, Brown, DFS ecc ecc but a guy like DDR is much better than all our set of scrubs.

Quality>>>>>Quantity. Always.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#34 » by DJ_3_Ball » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:04 pm

Who is DDR?
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#35 » by DJ_3_Ball » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:08 pm

If Finney-Smith got the playing time Omoruyi has gotten thus far, then he never would have developed. And it took DFS a long time to crack the starting lineup when he was clearly our best defender. Omoruyi can play in this league and so can Moses Brown.

Both should be seeing the floor for a minimum of 10 minutes per game every game, and not just in garbage time either.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:30 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:Who is DDR?

DeMar DeRozan.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:38 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:If Finney-Smith got the playing time Omoruyi has gotten thus far, then he never would have developed. And it took DFS a long time to crack the starting lineup when he was clearly our best defender. Omoruyi can play in this league and so can Moses Brown.

Both should be seeing the floor for a minimum of 10 minutes per game every game, and not just in garbage time either.

I understand that for the first 10/12 games Kidd doesn't want change too much the last season rotation but then he has to try something different.

Probably EO can't play and he will be a G-Leaguers but i would like to see him.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#38 » by Apz » Thu Nov 4, 2021 11:38 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:At this point im open, green sucks s brown sucks dfs sucks basically our entire wing rotation is a dumpster fire.

We have a lot of weak/mediocre (no)3&(no)D guys....that's what some of us tried to say in the offseason.

A lot of guys here are happy for having Bullock, Brown, DFS ecc ecc but a guy like DDR is much better than all our set of scrubs.

Isnt it a bit hilarious that u say we have no 3 and no d and then names ddr, who is worse then like 8 of our guys at those things?

I know u think 40% from 3 is bad. Im all for it if u can find better shooters that isnt "hield" on defense.

Feels free to suggest players that doesnt suck. Problem is if the player is worse then luka, people here will consider this new player to suck and needed to get traded within a month.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#39 » by Pinkyring » Fri Nov 5, 2021 2:44 am

Apz wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Isnt it a bit hilarious that u say we have no 3 and no d and then names ddr, who is worse then like 8 of our guys at those things?

I know u think 40% from 3 is bad. Im all for it if u can find better shooters that isnt "hield" on defense.

Feels free to suggest players that doesnt suck. Problem is if the player is worse then luka, people here will consider this new player to suck and needed to get traded within a month.

Derozen is an excellent scorer an efficient shooter an excellent playmaker, our guys are decent defenders and streaky shooters, some nights they look like rotation players some nights they shouldn't be in the league
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:00 am

Apz wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

It's more hilarious that i read here about DDR and other free agent this off season... you guys are very good at finding faults in every players but ours.

"DDR doesn't fit because he can't shoots for 3"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wrote a lot of names (DDR, Markaneen, Holmes ecc ecc) that could help us but you are all excited about 40+% for 3 by Brown, Bullock, Maxi and DFS.
Now you have those guys. Enjoy.

I agree that DDR isn't a 3&D guy but he is a hell of a player who can score, create, pass the ball and dribble at very high level. 4x all star.
I never compared him to our wings (It would have been embarassing,my friend), i said that it's better 1 very good player than a bunch of role players.
Ok we paid KP 30M and this devastating...but thinks about Powell, Bullock, DFS, Maxi, Boban, S.Brown, WCS ecc ecc you paid them 40M and they are more and less garbage.
Plus 20M for THJ.

Luka-DDR- a chair- the mascott-KP is a better lineup than our any possibily lineup this year.

Chicago improved drastically their roster in 1year and they were a lottery team and they didn't have Luka.
We have been stucked for 3years. What a disaster.

Return to Dallas Mavericks