Poole needs to come off bench

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#61 » by Old_Blue » Wed Nov 3, 2021 10:38 pm

FNQ wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Saying Lamelo has character issue is too much.

Knowing Lavar would suddenly disappear and stopped being a distraction is prophet-level stuff.

Lavar tried to have LaMelo's original HS coach fired.. because the coach took issue with LaMelo's shot selection as he was launching from Steph Curry level distance. And then once that coach left, Lavar pulled LaMelo from HS because the new coach wouldn't let LaMelo take every shot down the court.

Then Lavar and LaMelo went to Lithuania, where Lavar again pulled his son from the team because they both had issues with the coach.

Pretending like there were no red flags around LaMelo from a character side is ridiculous. He didn't play well and he didnt play team ball there. In the NBL he was definitely better, but you can't just forget how he got there. Revisionist stuff

Chill. Nobody's trying to revise history. It's just a discussion of the degree to which Lavar was still perceived to be a liability with LaMelo as compared to with Lonzo.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#62 » by Impuniti » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:07 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Is this place dead? Where are the game topics boys? 4 day break and we still don't have one of match day.

I did one some days ago but it was deleted, apparently, because posting pics of beautiful women is offensive to some people.

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#63 » by and1GS » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:32 am

FNQ wrote:

Knowing Lavar would suddenly disappear and stopped being a distraction is prophet-level stuff.

Lavar tried to have LaMelo's original HS coach fired.. because the coach took issue with LaMelo's shot selection as he was launching from Steph Curry level distance. And then once that coach left, Lavar pulled LaMelo from HS because the new coach wouldn't let LaMelo take every shot down the court.

Then Lavar and LaMelo went to Lithuania, where Lavar again pulled his son from the team because they both had issues with the coach.

Pretending like there were no red flags around LaMelo from a character side is ridiculous. He didn't play well and he didnt play team ball there. In the NBL he was definitely better, but you can't just forget how he got there. Revisionist stuff
Didn't he punch a guy in one of those showcase games his dad set up?

Come on guys. It's not some Wiseman conspiracy. I literally preferred LaMelo, but acting like he was AD as a prospect is just silly. Be real. Or you can keep finger pointing, saying it's all a conspiracy and then post in every thread that we should have drafted LaMelo. Ya that seems more productive. It's like complaining you should have married your one night stand instead of your wife...get over it.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Post#64 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:53 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Is this place dead? Where are the game topics boys? 4 day break and we still don't have one of match day.

I did one some days ago but it was deleted, apparently, because posting pics of beautiful women is offensive to some people.

At least half of them.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#65 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:55 am

FNQ wrote:

You'd make a terrible lawyer. Literally you didn't mention one red flag *about* LaMelo. We weren't drafting his **** dad. :lol:

As if LaVar was going to have any control over Melo on the Warriors. :banghead:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#66 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:58 am

and1GS wrote:Be real. Or you can keep finger pointing, saying it's all a conspiracy and then post in every thread that we should have drafted LaMelo.

My preferred approach tbh. As long as there are people that are going to promote the Wiseman Agenda.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#67 » by FNQ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:26 am

EvanZ wrote: Literally you didn't mention one red flag *about* LaMelo.

FNQ wrote:Lavar tried to have LaMelo's original HS coach fired.. because the coach took issue with LaMelo's shot selection as he was launching from Steph Curry level distance.

And then once that coach left, Lavar pulled LaMelo from HS because the new coach wouldn't let LaMelo take every shot down the court.

EvanZ wrote:You'd make a terrible lawyer. :banghead:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#68 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:12 am

Literally no red flags about LaMelo. Exactly what I said.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#69 » by FNQ » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:29 am

Has issues with 3 consecutive coaches, gets pulled from 3 teams, and no red flags

K
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,290

Post#70 » by GunnerWRX » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:08 am

Poole +20 right now. Let’s bring him off the bench.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#71 » by and1GS » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:42 am

FNQ wrote:Has issues with 3 consecutive coaches, gets pulled from 3 teams, and no red flags

K
Just boiz bein boiz: https://youtu.be/0652f6DzA58

If we're gonna give CP3 crap for punching a guy in the nuts in college and never let Grayson live down his tripping then I'm not sure how we can act like this never happened.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#72 » by michaelm » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:50 am

and1GS wrote:
FNQ wrote:Has issues with 3 consecutive coaches, gets pulled from 3 teams, and no red flags

K

If we're gonna give CP3 crap for punching a guy in the nuts in college and never let Grayson live down his tripping then I'm not sure how we can act like this never happened.

No way would LaMelo or Lavar be happy with the minutes he would be getting as a bench player at GSW. I am not sure he is all that interested in playing defense either, always the touchstone of the good/great GSW teams.

Sure he might have been a good choice for the longer term for GSW, but so might Wiseman still be, and JW won't be competing for guard minutes/to be the main man of the team.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#73 » by sjballer03 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:25 am

and1GS wrote:

K

But acknowledging that incident would be promoting the Wiseman agenda :lol:
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#74 » by a8bil » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:29 am

EvanZ wrote:
FNQ wrote:

You'd make a terrible lawyer. Literally you didn't mention one red flag *about* LaMelo. We weren't drafting his **** dad. :lol:

As if LaVar was going to have any control over Melo on the Warriors. :banghead:
Lol..oh boy....I hope you're not an attorney, because you'ld realize how silly that sounded.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#75 » by sjballer03 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:29 pm

Whatever job EvanZ has, I'm sure he's as terrible at it as his posts are.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#76 » by watch1958 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:37 pm

sjballer03 wrote:Whatever job EvanZ has, I'm sure he's as terrible at it as his posts are.

I suspect you are wrong. I find Evan annoying and condescending. I disagree with him lots (though we agree on Moody).

But I have never seen anything indicating he was stupid, lazy or ill-informed.

Quite the contrary. So I’d expect he is successful at whatever he does.

Unless he’s a marriage counselor.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,697

Post#77 » by whatisacenter » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:51 pm

Poole has been huge the past two games. Maybe it's ok to give young players time to develop before making sweeping assumptions...
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,718

Post#78 » by DonaldSanders » Sat Nov 6, 2021 7:28 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Poole has been huge the past two games. Maybe it's ok to give young players time to develop before making sweeping assumptions...

It's just the typical early season overreactions. You have to give guys a chance and it is important for them to feel comfortable like they're not getting pulled if they go through a little slump.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,290

Post#79 » by GunnerWRX » Sat Nov 6, 2021 9:04 pm

Most of the board like Moody anyway.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#80 » by clyde21 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 10:51 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:Poole +20 right now. Let’s bring him off the bench.

yes. if anything Poole is proving more he needs to be the off-bench gunner.

people who think that someone should be a starter because he can score 20 pts don't really understand how successful bball teams are built.

Return to Golden State Warriors