ImageImageImageImageImage

Poole needs to come off bench

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Re: Poole needs to come off bench 

Post#81 » by Impuniti » Sun Nov 7, 2021 12:23 am

Can we just put Steph back to his usual rotations? Feels like this is done to acclimate the new guys and Poole..

I'm ok with JP starting if he slows things down. It's great Warriors are going through an easy 3-game stretch right now and he can bully bad teams and maybe get into rhythm.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#82 » by marthafokker » Sun Nov 7, 2021 12:38 am

Impuniti wrote:Can we just put Steph back to his usual rotations? Feels like this is done to acclimate the new guys and Poole..

I'm ok with JP starting if he slows things down. It's great Warriors are going through an easy 3-game stretch right now and he can bully bad teams and maybe get into rhythm.

Guess I am not the only one then.

I see Curry takes a few minutes to get comfortable with double/triple team D. Then he goes off. Like you, I don't like this new rotation, he gets the bench when he is about to warm up.

And why was Curry still playing with 40 point league in the 4th? I thought Kerr wants to save Curry from over usage.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#83 » by Impuniti » Sun Nov 7, 2021 12:50 am

marthafokker wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Can we just put Steph back to his usual rotations? Feels like this is done to acclimate the new guys and Poole..

I see Curry takes a few minutes to get comfortable with double/triple team D. Then he goes off. Like you, I don't like this new rotation, he gets the bench when he is about to warm up.

And why was Curry still playing with 40 point league in the 4th? I thought Kerr wants to save Curry from over usage.

You're 100% because of those reasons. And you & I are not the only ones who don't like this new rotation, the superstar who is still yet to have his groove doesn't like it either. Got asked by Slated post game and it was pretty obvious he's not a fan of this.

As long as it's a 1-2 week rotation, it's fine. Hopefully Kerr doesn't go through some crazy spell and does this for 2 months.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#84 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Nov 7, 2021 1:02 am

Curry, Poole, Klay, Wiggins, Green.

Folks...that lineup is going to happen and it's doing to be so damn fun to watch.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#85 » by sjballer03 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 8:49 am

watch1958 wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:Whatever job EvanZ has, I'm sure he's as terrible at it as his posts are.

I suspect you are wrong. I find Evan annoying and condescending. I disagree with him lots (though we agree on Moody).

But I have never seen anything indicating he was stupid, lazy or ill-informed.

Quite the contrary. So I’d expect he is successful at whatever he does.

Unless he’s a marriage counselor.

I'm sure he's happy he's got your vote of confidence.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#86 » by watch1958 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 9:48 am

sjballer03 wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:Whatever job EvanZ has, I'm sure he's as terrible at it as his posts are.

I suspect you are wrong. I find Evan annoying and condescending. I disagree with him lots (though we agree on Moody).

:lol: Yeah, I haven’t noticed Evan caring much about anyone’s opinion of him either way.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#87 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Nov 7, 2021 11:40 am

Impuniti wrote:
marthafokker wrote:

You're 100% because of those reasons. And you & I are not the only ones who don't like this new rotation, the superstar who is still yet to have his groove doesn't like it either. Got asked by Slated post game and it was pretty obvious he's not a fan of this.

As long as it's a 1-2 week rotation, it's fine. Hopefully Kerr doesn't go through some crazy spell and does this for 2 months.

Just saw the interview. He clealy doesn't like the current substitution pattern.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#88 » by Impuniti » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:49 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
marthafokker wrote:

Just saw the interview. He clealy doesn't like the current substitution pattern.

Of course he doesn't, why would he? He likes closing quarters and many times goes through the last 2-3 minutes of said quarters scoring 8-12 points.

Kerr with some brilliant management skills treating one of the best players of all time like a role player scrub to ensure Poole + role players are settled, while Steph still hasn't gotten into his groove this season. Kerr sees Steph is playing some elite D early to set the tone for the young guys so they play hard defensively, likely being 1 of the reasons his offense has taken a minor hit. But why not add to that for one of the best players of all time? Just brilliant management. :banghead:
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,290

Post#89 » by GunnerWRX » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:55 pm

clyde21 wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Poole +20 right now. Let’s bring him off the bench.

yes. if anything Poole is proving more he needs to be the off-bench gunner.

people who think that someone should be a starter because he can score 20 pts don't really understand how successful bball teams are built.

Have you checked the net rating with him and the bench? He has been -30+ with the 2nd most used lineup with the bench before exploding for 2 games.

I prefer Poole off the bench before the season as well, but it looks like he needs to be with the starters until at least Klay returns.

And he is doing well as a starter.

At least check my posts about Poole over the last 2 months before saying someone doesn’t understand successful basketball.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,178

Post#90 » by xdrta+ » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:09 pm

watch1958 wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:
watch1958 wrote:I suspect you are wrong. I find Evan annoying and condescending. I disagree with him lots (though we agree on Moody).

:lol: Yeah, I haven’t noticed Evan caring much about anyone’s opinion of him either way.

Nah, he doesn't care, he's happy to just lie about what people say.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#91 » by a8bil » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:08 pm

For those keeping score....Poole over the last 4 games:

MP 30.4
FG 8.5
FGA 16.0
FG% .531
3P 4.3
3PA 9.5
3P% .447
FT 2.8
FTA 2.8
FT% 1.00
TRB 2.5
AST 2.8
STL 1.5
BLK 0.0
TOV 1.3
PF 3.8
PTS 24.0
GmSc 17.7
+/- 20.3
TS% - .697
ORTG -- 126
DRTG -- 94

Okay, a weaker part of the schedule, but isn't that what he's supposed to do against a weaker part of the schedule?
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#92 » by lars_rosenberg » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:32 pm

a8bil wrote:For those keeping score....Poole over the last 4 games:

G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc +/-
4 4 30.4 8.5 16.0 .531 4.3 9.5 .447 2.8 2.8 1.00 0.3 2.3 2.5 2.8 1.5 0.0 1.3 3.8 24.0 17.7 20.3

TS% - .697
ORTG -- 126
DRTG -- 94

Okay, a weaker part of the schedule, but isn't that what he's supposed to do against a weaker part of the schedule?

Come on bro, this formatting nightmare is borderline unreadable.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#93 » by a8bil » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:32 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
a8bil wrote:For those keeping score....Poole over the last 4 games:

G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc +/-
4 4 30.4 8.5 16.0 .531 4.3 9.5 .447 2.8 2.8 1.00 0.3 2.3 2.5 2.8 1.5 0.0 1.3 3.8 24.0 17.7 20.3

TS% - .697
ORTG -- 126
DRTG -- 94

Come on bro, this formatting nightmare is borderline unreadable.
It's not that bad, but I reformatted for you...lots more work.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 217

Post#94 » by sonnyhill » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:15 pm

Poole is resilient whether he starts or comes off the bench.

The kid was written off after his rookie year, grinded and worked hard to develop his game, and is now showcasing his ability to create shots off the dribble both on the perimeter as well as driving to the hoop.

Poole can be paired with Curry, GP II and even a returning Thompson.

An interesting biographical video on Poole:

vagelis
Starter
And1: 787

Post#95 » by vagelis » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:32 am

Poole is a good player. I judged him a little bit more than I should the previous week.
He can score and he has talent.
But I think he is a little bit redundant with Curry in the lineup. The team has won games with Poole in the starting lineup but maybe it would be a little better if he leads the second unit.

Personally I would like to see

Curry-Wiggins-Kuminga-Green-Looney
Kuminga will give better defense with his athleticism and he seems that he can contribute in offense too.

When Klay comes back
Curry-Wiggins-Thompson-Green-Looney

But ok the team has won a lot of games , so no change has to be done
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,712

Post#96 » by DonaldSanders » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:25 am

Honestly who isn't at least thinking of lineups with Kuminga in them? He added a great element nobody else was. Poole does that some games when he drives and looks for more mid range, tonight he just chucked.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#97 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:58 pm

vagelis wrote:Poole is a good player. I judged him a little bit more than I should the previous week.
But I think he is a little bit redundant with Curry in the lineup. The team has won games with Poole in the starting lineup but maybe it would be a little better if he leads the second unit.

Kuminga will give better defense with his athleticism and he seems that he can contribute in offense too.

When Klay comes back

I really doubt Kerr will move Wiggins to the 2. Much more likely Lee or Moody gets to start.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,111

Post#98 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:13 pm

sonnyhill wrote:Poole is resilient whether he starts or comes off the bench.

The kid was written off after his rookie year, grinded and worked hard to develop his game, and is now showcasing his ability to create shots off the dribble both on the perimeter as well as driving to the hoop.

Poole can be paired with Curry, GP II and even a returning Thompson.

An interesting biographical video on Poole:

Nice video... thanks for posting!
vagelis
Starter
And1: 787

Post#99 » by vagelis » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:24 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
vagelis wrote:Poole is a good player. I judged him a little bit more than I should the previous week.

When Klay comes back

I really doubt Kerr will move Wiggins to the 2. Much more likely Lee or Moody gets to start.

What do you think is the reason Kerr does not want to do this change?
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#100 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:38 pm

vagelis wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

When Klay comes back

What do you think is the reason Kerr does not want to do this change?

Well for one, the first lineup that you proposed has 0 ability to space the floor.

Return to Golden State Warriors