ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#581 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 4, 2021 6:20 am

Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:I keep all draft predictions other posters have ever made in my wallet in case one of you **** ever gets out of line and I need a quick reference

Anyways, Celtics seem to be collapsing pretty quickly. Maybe something with Jaylen Brown has some legs after all? :D

Wiggins/Wiseman/Looney/2022 1st for Brown/Horford. Give Chriss a minimum.

Curry / GPII
Klay / Poole / Lee
Brown / Iguodala / Moody
Green / OPJ / Kuminga / JTA
Horford / Bjelica / Chriss

I think it will cost a lot more than Wiseman and a 1st, but I'm willing to pay the price for JB. When Klay returns, man, that team is intimidating. Only thing is JB and Horford would have to learn on the fly.. I'd expect Kuminga and Moody to both be gone if we somehow pulled the deal off too, tbh
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#582 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Nov 4, 2021 8:44 pm

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:I keep all draft predictions other posters have ever made in my wallet in case one of you **** ever gets out of line and I need a quick reference

Anyways, Celtics seem to be collapsing pretty quickly. Maybe something with Jaylen Brown has some legs after all? :D

Wiggins/Wiseman/Looney/2022 1st for Brown/Horford. Give Chriss a minimum.

Curry / GPII
Klay / Poole / Lee
Brown / Iguodala / Moody
Green / OPJ / Kuminga / JTA
Horford / Bjelica / Chriss

I think it will cost a lot more than Wiseman and a 1st, but I'm willing to pay the price for JB. When Klay returns, man, that team is intimidating. Only thing is JB and Horford would have to learn on the fly.. I'd expect Kuminga and Moody to both be gone if we somehow pulled the deal off too, tbh

I imagine Horford would get the hang of things pretty quick. If I recall, Stevens used him as a initiator in DHO sets quite a bit.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,118

Post#583 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:30 pm

Coxy wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I think Tatum's on a trajectory to being one of the best players of the last 2 decades, relative to his age.

Really? I'm just not seeing it. He's a good iso scorer, I'm just not seeing the elite player there.

I was thinking about the Melo comparison, but Melo had elite quickness and a quick shot. Tatum has neither. He's a better Maggette from what I watch. That's right I said it, Tatum is Maggette 2.0.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I didn't see the notification from your quote, or it was lost amongst the dozens of notifications that appear daily on the panel.

I love Tatum. I think he's better than Melo at their respective ages (23). I think Tatum's footwork is absolutely phenomenal and what really sets him apart as a player. It's one of the better footworks in a NBA player I've ever seen in my 30 years following the league.

Plus, he's a better ballhandler and defender than Melo. Again, at the same age, not comparing a 23-year old Tatum with a peak Melo (this is for you, Old_Fart, who keeps quoting me out of context every single time).

I think the comparison to Maggette is absurd. I don't see it at all. Even Jaylen Brown would be a more adequate comparison to Maggette. Maggette had no vision and was putrid on defense. Tatum is above average as a playmaker for his position. Plus, he's much more taller than Maggette too.

I think a more apt comparison to Tatum would be, wait for it... a mixture of Kobe and Paul George. I'm stating clearly, once again, just for playing style.

Above all else, Tatum is still 23, and already a 2-time All-Star. Barring injury, I think he will finish his career with 10 times (or more) All-Star appearances. That would make him a borderline top 25 player for a decade.

Thing is, he's not finished developing. He's already better than a borderline top 25 player. He's currently top 10/12 IMHO. If he has another jump in him, production-wise, he will go to superstar status. Think about Luka's jump from his 1st season to his 2nd: Tatum is in the middle of this (production/impact-wise).

As for the Old_Fart quote (in the following post): Old_Fart seems tired that I'm calling his horrible posts every single time.

So he keeps creating something out of nothing from my posts. And, worse yet, he quotes them out of context, piercing a single sentence out of a whole post, then pushing whatever he feels is necessary to prove his (imaginary) point.

Thing is, he's not only doing this, he's also lying about what I wrote: in this instance, he said I ranked Avdija 2nd on my board, when in fact I ranked:

1. Edwards
2. Wiseman
3. Okongwu
4. Haliburton
5. Avdija

Also, even if I had ranked Avdija 2nd, what's the point? When you rank players, you rank them for a career projection, not a single season or a group of X, Y or Z games (in Jalen Johnson's example).

If there's indeed a competition to see whoever was right about whichever draft prospects, well then let's see what a person got it right over time, as a whole, over the years... not on a single individual player or groups of players.

Also too, even if I am or was wrong, what's the point in going to another thread and calling others? What's the use? Just so you can say "oh boy, X person was wrong, I rule" or such?

Also thrice, even if both my above sentences are unnecessary... does anyone bother going back and searching/reading Old_Fart's previous draft-related posts? Does he get anything right, analysis-wise? Does he ever writes something which makes you think, "hmm, that was cool" or "hmm, that was interesting, I learned a little reading that" or "lol, that was funny"?

You know the answer.

Cheers.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#584 » by Old_Blue » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:30 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Currygoat wrote:

Currygoat wrote:Wiseman-Will probably come of the beach 10-15 minutes a game
Moody will barely play
Jonathan Kuminga Will barely play. Maybe he can take some of Wisemans
Is our GM brain dead? Trade them now for an impact player that can help us win

Parsnips33 wrote:
Sonnyhill wrote:And, who would you package the young talent with in your proposed trade?
The Warriors cannot take on the salary of an impact-star player unless the trade includes a Wiggins-Green-Thompson-Curry. Out of those four Warriors, which player would you package with the younger players in your proposed trade?

"...Trade them now for an impact player that can help us win" The Warriors have won their first two games of the season, is going on the road to play two winnable games, and then has an 8-game homestand. Barring injuries or a complete letdown, the Warrior record should/could be 9-3/10-2. How do you define "help us win?"

We BARELY won last night, and it took Steph scoring 45.

We have an MVP level player in his prime and are using three roster spots on guys who will hardly play meaningful minutes so that we can develop the 2026 Golden State Warriors. On top of that we have 1 max roster slot on a 3&D roleplayer and one on Klay coming off major injuries. And people act like Currygoat is the crazy one

While I”m not sure a deal is out there, I agree with this reasoning. At best, our youngsters probably project to be somewhere between and 6-10 seed treadmill team. I agree with Steph (“You have to be having those conversations”) and Dray(The build for the future while trying to win at the same time “historically hasn’t worked”).
While I’m not a Morley fan, I definitely agree with his plan. Why trade a perennial allstar for role players. That doesn’t get you any closer to winning a championship. The Warriors may be doing the same thing in reverse. Holding on to future role players while they let Steph waste his prime.

Here is my trade, money on the table plus money below the table in swiss bank accounts, a 1st round draft pick, Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody and Kuminga for Gobert, Ingles, and Auzubuike.
I don't like it that someone name Azubuike doesn't play for the Warriors.
I don't like it that an Austrailian doesn't play for the Warriors. Let Australia be a Warriors colony. Joe Ingles is 34 years old. He might be a good fourth man In a championship team now but he won't be a good 4th man in two years.

Like the Warriors the Jazz are on the outside with a punchers chance at winning a championship. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert is a good one to punch but they still need a third man.

What this is trade is, is pushing the jazz window back further making the Warriors a the championship favorite now at the expense of trashing the Warriors future. Donovan Mitchell is 25 years old and can afford to wait for Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody to mature. Curry and Draymond can't afford to wait for Wiseman and the kids to mature. Wiseman may never be as good as Gobert so Why give up Gobert in the hopes that Wiseman can become the equal Golbert and hopes that Kuminga can be the needed 3rd man that the Jazz need for a championship.

As a jazz fan I don't really like this deal. Wiseman and Kuminga may develop or may not develop
. And Donovan Mitchell is young enough to wait but there's no guarantee that Donovan Mitchell won't blow out his knee while he's waiting for Wiseman to become as good as Golbert. As a jazz fan they're only a good player away from a championship so you don't do this deal.

From the Warriors perspective they also are only a player away so they absolutely do this deal. So this deal comes down to the under the table money in the Swiss bank accounts. Lecob has to be willing to part with that money and must be willing to risk prosecution. The jazz owner hast to really like that money in the Swiss bank account that Lacob is offering him and the Jazz owner hast to be willing to risk prosecution.

LaCob has. to want that championship bad or he wouldn't do this deal. Not doing the deal looks like it puts the Warriors in contention but on the outside for a long time to come. When Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody are ready to push for a championship they're going to have aging Curry, which is always tasty, aging Draymond which might smell like old socks but he will still be able to pass, and Aging Wiggins to trade for the missing piece (with a bunch of draft picks and money thrown in)

Either way the Warriors are in good shape. Does adding Gobert give them a championship now? Probably having Gobert would make the Warriors the favorites.

You know what, I really like Donovan Mitchell. Let's just merge the Warriors And Jazz and have them play in Winnemucca Nevada for the next five years. We win five championships with our Warrior jazz Superteam and then unmerge an go our own ways.

Money wrote:
You can't buy championships. And you cannot sell the farm to win now. Well, you can try...
No guarantees that either method (trade for vets, or develop the rooks) will get you rings.
San Antonio always had 2-3 players they were developing, and players that nobody else wanted that thrived in Pop's system.
I think we are seeing a similar methodology with the Warriors current approach. And with that they are maintaining a culture that will make GS a desirable landing spot for the near future..

I think Joe Lacobb him has plenty of money. I think would buy championships if the league would let him buy championships .

Owners are allowed to buy scouts, coaches and team doctors and I think we are allowed to buy practice players. Kevin McHale and the Timberwolves get in trouble for trying to do something under the table ? They lost draft picks As a oenalty. Involves tampering with Joe Smith. What was that deal the Lakers made with pelicans where league canceled the deal and money was part of the deal? There was a deal where somebody bought CNN and Turner broadcasting or something like that the Atlanta cable station and Michael Milken Who is fresh out of Jail get paid a bunch of money as a consultant when it didn't really make any sense for Michael Milken to be part of the deal at all or to get paid a bunch of money as part as a consultant. But Michael Milken presumably had a **** ton of dirty money in Swiss bank accounts and Milken needed to launder that money and make it legitimate money; and Ted Turner and and Time Warner, or whoever it was doing that deal decided to help Michael Milken launder some money in exchange for them having more money in their Swiss bank accounts or at least that's what I guess happened .

What can you do with a Swiss bank account if you're willing to cheat. Somebody Calling himself "money" doesn't believe you can use money? Maybe you are anti-money. Money does corrupt

a8bil wrote: I'm not sure COVID is the best topic upon which to judge Bogut. There have been different approaches to COVID around the world with varying success and we won't know which approach was the best until the dust settles. With family in Sweden, I can tell you that they're pretty proud of the way they've handled it so far with no lockdown and going about their business for the most part. it.

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Swedes let Germany be a wall between them and the world of Covid in italy and Spain. Norway and Denmark and Finland were more disruptive than Sweden and suppressed Covid more than Sweden did.

America is very integrated with the world. America had 3 weeks in the winter of 2020 to get our act together, we failed. With Covid a stitch in time would have saved 9. We could have avoided the bigger

................................................................................................................................
quote="a8bil"] I'm not sure COVID is the best topic upon which to judge Bogut. There have been different approaches to COVID around the world with varying success and we won't know which approach was the best until the dust settles. With family in Sweden, I can tell you that they're pretty proud of the way they've handled it so far with no lockdown and going about their business for the most part. it.

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Swedes let Germany be a wall between them and the world of Covid in italy and Spain. Norway and Denmark and Finland were more disruptive than Sweden and suppressed Covid more than Sweden did.

America is very integrated with the world. America had 3 weeks in the winter of 2020 to get our act together but we failed. With Covid a stitch in time would have saved 9. We could have avoided the bigger shut downs if we had acted like the Australians early.

a8bil wrote: Australia, by contrast, has gone full lock down and have resorted to violence against those who don't abide by it. They're one step (okay maybe a few) from North Korea's approach. I have multiple friends with family in Australia and they are really distressed about the way it is being handled...and they say their frustration pales to those living in it.

Even if you are young and won't die Covid is apparently a very miserable cold to catch.

I do think America was sort of a sad joke in how we handled covid. Both Swedish laxity and Ausrailaian or South Korean disciplne paths look superior to the Anerican wishy washy path. I don't think are government is competent at anything so why should they be competent at Covid.

In the long run the only way to beat Covid is to have each country vacinate everybody within a 3 week period. Both natural immunty and vaccine immunity fade so quickly that heard immunity won't happen. I am pretty old. I would like to live ten more years but if I don't get a covid vaccine every 6 months then covid has about a 10% chance of taking me out when I catch it from one of the anti-vaccers. If 25% of Americans have not been vaccinated in the last 6 months I will catch Covid from one of those 25% unless I completely isolate myself.

So my vote is for America to go covid Nazi. Save of vaccines until you can give everybody the vaccine in the same 3 week time period. Force people to get vaccinated or ket them leave the country. That will wipe out Covid in America. Then force everybody that wants to cone to Amerca to get vaccinated at the consulate when they get their visa to travel.

Other countries shuold follow the same program and wipe out Covid in their countrues. We will need to help India and Africa stockpile vaccine.
Otherwise Covid will stick arround abd reduce lifespans.

Now maybe reducicing lifespans is a good thing. If a half million Northern Californian old people would catch covid and die that would help with the housing shortage. Do you want your grand parents to die at age 70 instead of age 80?

The housing shortage is caused by not building houses on thoses empty hills you stare at while you are stuck in traffick commuting long distance beyond those empty hills to your home in Gilroy or Headlsburg or Manteca. Gilroy, Healdsburg and Manteca with all the tiny towns if zoning allowed to have houses closer to San Francisco. The supposedly front environmentally friendly zoning is environmental is stupid and creates longer commutes and a bigger current footprint. That open space is not environmentally friendly..

Open space is good but open space, Nimbyism and zoning is the cause of the crazy housing prices, and the homelessness. Those old people voted for this housing shortage whether they understand what they did or not. Those old folks voted to send good jobs to China whether they understand ir not. But I don't want to kill those old idiots with Covid.

So you're telling us we've got a chance?
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#585 » by Skybox » Sun Nov 7, 2021 1:46 pm

I think Terrence Ross could really help you guys in your title push. Disregard his appalling performance this year - it's clear he's not in the ORL rebuild game plan and he seems entirely disconnected...look at what he has delivered the last few years as a flamethrower off of the bench. He'd be perfect as a sixth or seventh man on a strong team. He can spread the floor, great locker room guy, he's a very good defender, and big enough to easily switch between 2 & 3. Physically, he's an explosive gazelle who can punish defenders closing out on him with highlight dunks...I had hopes for him playing a more efficient leading role in ORL's new system, but he's apparently best as a chucker (who can make difficult shots-primarily from downtown). Every contender needs a guy like that coming off of the bench...capable of going for 25 any night or playing 10 mins without a complaint - all depending on matchups, etc.

Again, any consideration would mean ignoring this year (so far)...I'd send him and DEN frp for Moody. Moody will likely become a similar player, but TRoss could help win rings now. ORL has no need for veteran game-winners right now and should move him for young upside.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#586 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:10 pm

Skybox wrote:I think Terrence Ross could really help you guys in your title push. Disregard his appalling performance this year - it's clear he's not in the ORL rebuild game plan and he seems entirely disconnected...look at what he has delivered the last few years as a flamethrower off of the bench. He'd be perfect as a sixth or seventh man on a strong team. He can spread the floor, great locker room guy, he's a very good defender, and big enough to easily switch between 2 & 3. Physically, he's an explosive gazelle who can punish defenders closing out on him with highlight dunks...I had hopes for him playing a more efficient leading role in ORL's new system, but he's apparently best as a chucker (who can make difficult shots-primarily from downtown). Every contender needs a guy like that coming off of the bench...capable of going for 25 any night or playing 10 mins without a complaint - all depending on matchups, etc.

Again, any consideration would mean ignoring this year (so far)...I'd send him and DEN frp for Moody. Moody will likely become a similar player, but TRoss could help win rings now. ORL has no need for veteran game-winners right now and should move him for young upside.

Setting aside the fact I’m not a fan of Ross or his game, his salary is $12.5M, so there is no real conceivable way to make a trade work without involving many more pieces. Structure a trade that actually works within the trade machine (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine), and maybe it could be discussed, but for now, there’s nothing here that would work.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#587 » by watch1958 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:10 pm

:lol: Hey, how about Wiseman & Wiggins for Anthony Davis? :lol:
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,862

Post#588 » by Hoopstar23 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:14 pm

Celtics interested in Ben Simmons... maybe we can be the third team that gives Philly a lot of young talent and we land Brown?

Wiseman, Poole, Moody, Kuminga and a couple first add Wiggins to fit the salaries, we can probably get back some filler like Smart?
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#589 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 7:39 pm

watch1958 wrote::lol: Hey, how about Wiseman & Wiggins for Anthony Davis? :lol:

If the Lakers continue to implode then AD may demand a trade over here lol.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#590 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:46 pm

Skybox wrote:I think Terrence Ross could really help you guys in your title push. Disregard his appalling performance this year - it's clear he's not in the ORL rebuild game plan and he seems entirely disconnected...look at what he has delivered the last few years as a flamethrower off of the bench. He'd be perfect as a sixth or seventh man on a strong team. He can spread the floor, great locker room guy, he's a very good defender, and big enough to easily switch between 2 & 3. Physically, he's an explosive gazelle who can punish defenders closing out on him with highlight dunks...I had hopes for him playing a more efficient leading role in ORL's new system, but he's apparently best as a chucker (who can make difficult shots-primarily from downtown). Every contender needs a guy like that coming off of the bench...capable of going for 25 any night or playing 10 mins without a complaint - all depending on matchups, etc.

I'd trade Moody for Isaac, but that doesn't come close to working financially either, therefore I don't suggest it, cause you know, it cant happen?
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#591 » by killmongrel » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:06 pm

I still maintain that if there is a player the Warriors should pay the farm for, it's somebody like Jaylen Brown. So if the Celtics do implode, then I can see GS being one of the major players. But I just think it's a slim chance of it occurring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#592 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:15 pm

I'd bet a lot on Boston and Philly trade. Boston has some issues...already really have until they were just called out.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#593 » by HiRez » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:43 pm

I agree about Brown, he'd be my ideal target, would probably give a boatload for him if Boston is dumb enough to trade him.

I don't think we should sleep on Ayton though, he's going to be moved and obviously parting with Wiseman would be a lot easier in that scenario.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#594 » by Old_Blue » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:26 am

Simmons and parts for Jaylen Brown...that's a tough trade to swallow. It's almost like the Yankees swinging a deal with the Red Sox. I still think a third team would have to be involved, with Jaylen going to that third team.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#595 » by killmongrel » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:53 pm

Old_Blue wrote:Simmons and parts for Jaylen Brown...that's a tough trade to swallow. It's almost like the Yankees swinging a deal with the Red Sox. I still think a third team would have to be involved, with Jaylen going to that third team.

I will be so p1ssed if the 76ers somehow weasel their way towards Brown. GS better get on the phone if Jaylen becomes available somehow.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#596 » by WarriorGM » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:56 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:Simmons and parts for Jaylen Brown...that's a tough trade to swallow. It's almost like the Yankees swinging a deal with the Red Sox. I still think a third team would have to be involved, with Jaylen going to that third team.

I will be so p1ssed if the 76ers somehow weasel their way towards Brown. GS better get on the phone if Jaylen becomes available somehow.

If the Celtics are that interested in Simmons and the Warriors are interested in Brown, why not trade for Simmons then turn around and trade Simmons for Brown?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#597 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:10 pm

Celtics are looking to get Simmons without trading Tatum or Brown.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#598 » by Commodor » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:24 am

Yeah there are trades that could be had between ORL and GSW but Ross for Moody, Kuminga, Wiseman or Poole is not happening. And that is not because it doesn't work financially.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#599 » by Skybox » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:58 am

Commodor wrote:

Yeah there are trades that could be had between ORL and GSW but Ross for Moody, Kuminga, Wiseman or Poole is not happening. And that is not because it doesn't work financially.

I agree, I included a first round pick (and I'm aware of the math, there would have to be filler)...I think Kuminga's ultimate value is very high, ORL already has it's own Wiseman project, and Poole has already "arrived" (so GSW can use him NOW)...Moody is most likely target. I don't disagree with your take, what other forms/players/picks do you feel would be realistic for GSW to trade a "not yet ready for rings, but he will be someday" Moody to ORL?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#600 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Skybox wrote:
Commodor wrote:

I agree, I included a first round pick (and I'm aware of the math, there would have to be filler)...I think Kuminga's ultimate value is very high, ORL already has it's own Wiseman project, and Poole has already "arrived" (so GSW can use him NOW)...Moody is most likely target. I don't disagree with your take, what other forms/players/picks do you feel would be realistic for GSW to trade a "not yet ready for rings, but he will be someday" Moody to ORL?

The biggest challenge in this is probably making the contracts work. IMO, the Warriors’ biggest risk position remains center - they have amazing depth elsewhere, and there isn’t really anybody at an appropriate salary level at other positions on Orlando’s roster that would fit into both “Warriors would want” and “Orlando would be willing to trade”.

But the obvious one that I look at would be something based around “Moody + Looney for Bamba + x”, the problem being figuring out what the x is. But even that one’s a problem, given that Bamba is going to be a free agent this offseason, so the Warriors could lose him for nothing.

Not sure if there are ideas beyond this, but this looks to be the best basic construction that might work, but no clear way to determine what that “x” should be…… because Orlando would absolutely have to add something, but I’m not sure what’s a fair value, given Bamba’s ending contract.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?

Return to Golden State Warriors