Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2001 » by Pinkyring » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:31 pm

Apz wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Yes...but after that trade the GM of Golden State will be locked up in a mental institution.

And so will mavs i think. Maybe not, first month, but soon after. Kleber had been injured, but burned out being the only big defender last year vs clippers, since that 7 games is the only ones that counts it seems. We also trade away our defensive 3/4, do people really think a 35(?) yo green can handle all the defense for the team? Pretty sure that it wont work and now there is absolutely zero good contracts on the team. Judt my opinion

Green is 31 and far superior defensively to anything we have. As for good contracts dfs is an expiring so that doesn't count and 9m for a 15-18 minute backup isn't a good contract it's neutral at best
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#2002 » by ejs78 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 8:29 pm

FYI

Read on Twitter
?t=g6RgDANl7Ck92T3mfQBISQ&s=19

Also the agent of Dragic is Bill Duffy who reps Luka and alot of other players.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,794

Post#2003 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 8:00 pm

Siakam back tonight...with OG, Barnes and him they are too much (tonight they will start together in a Small ball lineup but i don't think could a long term solution).
OG would be great with us...Siakam too. Any ideas?
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,489

Post#2004 » by Maverick41 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 10:47 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Siakam back tonight...with OG, Barnes and him they are too much (tonight they will start together in a Small ball lineup but i don't think could a long term solution).
OG would be great with us...Siakam too. Any ideas?

I don't see Toronto trading OG for anyone on our roster. Raps fans would riot.

Siakam maybe if they decide to move ahead with the OG and Scottie at the forward spots. I know the KP for Siakam trade idea has been floated on the trade discussion board for a while now, often with Toronto fans saying no unless extra draft compensation was involved. Toronto would honestly be KPs best fit and he'd really complete that team "if healthy."
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,336

Post#2005 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:27 am

They looked very good in the 1st half against the Nets, and pretty good against the Mavs, I don't see them breaking this core, they are a good PG away from being a good team and move FVV to 6th man role, I like Massai philosophy in team building, long athletic forwards who defend and shoot well and wreak havoc on defense and offense, with Siakam as good offense initiator, they are missing a guard to setup and create offense and they are good to go.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Realtalk420
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#2006 » by Realtalk420 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:52 pm

What is Myles Turner trade value?

Do you think Pacers would accept this trade:
In: Myles Turner, O. Brissett
Out: D. Powell, WCS or DFS, Josh Green, 2022 2nd round pick +(if not enough 2024 2nd)
I guess Mavs would need to include a 1st round pick, but is the trade worth it then??
(+we all know Rick loves Powell)
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2007 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 3:00 pm

Realtalk420 wrote:What is Myles Turner trade value?

Out: D. Powell, WCS or DFS, Josh Green, 2022 2nd round pick +(if not enough 2024 2nd)
I guess Mavs would need to include a 1st round pick, but is the trade worth it then??

I send all of our players not named Luka/KP/Brunson for him plus a couple of seconds.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#2008 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 8, 2021 3:03 pm

Nowhere near his value, the package is around neutral, slightly negative, his value is high positive.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#2009 » by tribulations » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:59 am

What's the value on John Collins right now? Buy low with Hawks struggling?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#2010 » by Mavrelous » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:03 am

Man, the Hawks mopped the floor with the Mavs and went on to suck after that.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2011 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:07 am

Probably too high for our assets... But that is the way, find a good player who play in a struggling team.

There are a lot of opportunies, hope in Nico.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,390

Post#2012 » by gottamakeit » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:31 pm

did everyone get to see the blazers-clippers game?
Isaiah Hartenstein played his butt off from a bench role. He's a free agent this summer, though i don't think the Mavs can offer much unless its a sign & trade/.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#2013 » by tribulations » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:20 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Probably too high for our assets... But that is the way, find a good player who play in a struggling team.

There are a lot of opportunies, hope in Nico.

What about Bagley as a reclamation project.. too optimistic?
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#2014 » by Darren » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:06 pm

I don't think it is nearly enough. But I think Myles Turner and Tyler Herro can put the Mavs over the top. Miami is putting Herro on bench. If opportunity presents, the Mavs should tender an offer on Herro.

For Indy, I think Powell, Maxi & DFS for Turner works. Those are RC's players. Turner is Texas native and an excellent defender who don't need the ball in hand a lot. That's a great fit. If Miami bites on a Herro for Brunson and Hardaway trade, I think I am in as well. Hardaway loves California anyway. To make the salary works, perhaps the Mavs take Duncan for draft assets. But the Mavs does need an upgrade over WCS off bench. Assume Goran Dragic got waived by deadline and Eugene is promoted to active roster and get ahead of depth chart of damn useless WCS, the Mavs lineup would be:

C - KP / M.Brown / Boban
PF - Turner / Eugene / WCS
SF - Doncic / Bullock / Green
SG - Duncan / Ntilikina / S.Brown
PG - Herro / Dragic / Burke
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#2015 » by Bnice5 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:00 pm

The mavs have nobody on this roster that holds any significant value (outside of Luka)... Our best trade asset is Brunson, but even he does not carry much value because he is a free agent next year with no rights attached to him (as i understand the situation)...

This team has been terrible about flipping value over the last few years...

Maxi's value was high after 2019-20 season, DFS value was high after 19-20 and 20-21, Curry's value was high after 19-20 (and we missed on Richardson), Brunson had value after 20-21 season... THJ had value after the 19-20 season and value as an expiring in 20-21 year...

Maxi, DFS, and Curry were all undrafted. We should have packaged them up with picks to get Luka a sidekick... Could Lavine have been had after the 19-20 season? Could John Collins been had then? Packaged Curry and DFS to move up in the 20 draft for Halliburton?

The Mavs needed to consolidate their depth into 1 higher caliber player and they didn't. Now they missed that window as Curry is gone (traded for just another guy with limited upside... just trying for a better fit), Kleber is older, has shown injury prone and doesn't have the contract length... DFS is an expiring contract now instead of a value contract, and Brunson is an expiring contract. We resigned THJ for longer term and more money than we probably should have at the end of the day.

Those guys should have been flipped for something with higher upside... window is gone now and they will walk for nothing in return, or be resigned for more than we should resign them for...
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,489

Post#2016 » by Maverick41 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:21 pm

To me I see Cuban and the FO' failure to put together a good roster because of 3 reasons other then just not being to attract FAs:

1. They got too attached to players and it prevented them from thinking logically in many cases. For example, we all know that DFS, Powell, Maxi and even THJ are good role players. They all exceeded expectations and that's great and a win for us. Team continuity is important but that's if we're winning playoff series' and having success. We're not so everyone except Luka should be on the table for a potential trade.

2. They became too conservative or less willing to take risks. After the KP trade, all moves that proceeded it were moves of players that had a known skillset and/or had very little upside. This is fine if the team had talent like the Lakers, Nets, Suns, Nuggets, Bucks, etc. who have their top 3 players solidified. However, we do not and should be taking some risks on young players that could eventually develop into something better. After Luka, is there any prospect on our team that we're excited for? Literally every team can name at least one but we cannot.

3. Luka heliocentric ball in the playoffs and the Olympics blinded the FO. It's clear that the FO thinks building a team of stand still shooters around Luka is the way to go. This didn't work for Lebron in Cleveland and most definitely will not work for Luka who has to work 10x harder to get his shot then Lebron because he's just much less athletically gifted. Lebron didn't win a title until he had a legitimate 2nd option (and often a 3rd too). DDR is a recent example of someone that we had the potential to get but didn't because of the usual "he'll take the ball away from Luka" argument. Sometimes we got to think less about fit and more about talent. Put 2 or 3 "smart" stars together and they'll figure out how to play off one another for the betterment of the team.

I'm hopeful the new FO makes some moves to shakeup the roster because the current inability to compete with the better teams really worries me.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2017 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:39 am

I want Turner, give Indiana all what they want...round pick and players, no matter. He is the real deal.

Otherwise Barrett Allen but i don't think Cleveland leave him go away.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#2018 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:41 am

Maverick41 wrote:To me I see Cuban and the FO' failure to put together a good roster because of 3 reasons other then just not being to attract FAs:

1. They got too attached to players and it prevented them from thinking logically in many cases. For example, we all know that DFS, Powell, Maxi and even THJ are good role players. They all exceeded expectations and that's great and a win for us. Team continuity is important but that's if we're winning playoff series' and having success. We're not so everyone except Luka should be on the table for a potential trade.

2. They became too conservative or less willing to take risks. After the KP trade, all moves that proceeded it were moves of players that had a known skillset and/or had very little upside. This is fine if the team had talent like the Lakers, Nets, Suns, Nuggets, Bucks, etc. who have their top 3 players solidified. However, we do not and should be taking some risks on young players that could eventually develop into something better. After Luka, is there any prospect on our team that we're excited for? Literally every team can name at least one but we cannot.

3. Luka heliocentric ball in the playoffs and the Olympics blinded the FO. It's clear that the FO thinks building a team of stand still shooters around Luka is the way to go. This didn't work for Lebron in Cleveland and most definitely will not work for Luka who has to work 10x harder to get his shot then Lebron because he's just much less athletically gifted. Lebron didn't win a title until he had a legitimate 2nd option (and often a 3rd too). DDR is a recent example of someone that we had the potential to get but didn't because of the usual "he'll take the ball away from Luka" argument. Sometimes we got to think less about fit and more about talent. Put 2 or 3 "smart" stars together and they'll figure out how to play off one another for the betterment of the team.

I'm hopeful the new FO makes some moves to shakeup the roster because the current inability to compete with the better teams really worries me.

And the team progressed ahead of schedule, they didn't expect PO by Luka's 2nd year and heartbreaking loss in the 1st round by his 3rd year.
Looking at their cap structure, they planned for all star FA this year this year, and to have expirings (Powell, Burke and Maxi) to trade next year to complete the roster.
On the other hand they didn't expect the FO meltdown that followed this offseason.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#2019 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:42 am

41Dirk41 wrote:I want Turner, give Indiana all what they want...round pick and players, no matter. He is the real deal.

Allen was had for a late 1st because Houston didn't want to pay him :( elite rebounding, rim protecting, rim rolling big.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#2020 » by arkuo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:47 am

KhalilS wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:I want Turner, give Indiana all what they want...round pick and players, no matter. He is the real deal.

Allen was had for a late 1st because Houston didn't want to pay him :( elite rebounding, rim protecting, rim rolling big.

It makes you think what Cuban has in mind. He's willing to give $40M to a 36 year old Kyle Lowry but doesn't want to spend on other guys like Tyson Chandler back then. Now he has a bunch of overpaid guys like Powell who doesn't move the needle forward.

Return to Dallas Mavericks