Can Eugene Omoruyi please start?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Re: Can Eugene Omoruyi please start? 

Post#41 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:45 am

Oh yes and what about Eric Gordon?
Small size obviously but 55% for 3...i remember a lot of irony by you about him...
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#42 » by Pinkyring » Fri Nov 5, 2021 12:50 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Oh yes and what about Eric Gordon?
Small size obviously but 55% for 3...i remember a lot of irony by you about him...

Man some of this fanbase player evaluation is miserable they complain about the roster but when u make a trade to move dfs or maxi they oppose everything and its like these guys are backups they are very disposable and mediocre. Theyfind flaws in every other player besides ours you're right
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 1:20 pm

Pinkyring wrote:

Man some of this fanbase player evaluation is miserable they complain about the roster but when u make a trade to move dfs or maxi they oppose everything and its like these guys are backups they are very disposable and mediocre. Theyfind flaws in every other player besides ours you're right

Oh yes...but i think it's normal when you support a team empathize with the players.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,929

Post#44 » by Apz » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:33 pm

Pinkyring wrote:

Its easy. You dont move the good ones unless its for better ones. Gordon isnt better, so you dont do that, also font play a position of need.

What is mavs issue? Itd center position, specially now when kp is out. There is always complaints we dont have big wings to defends pg13 and kawhi, the only ones we got that can atleast slow them down is kleber and dfs. Trade that for a guard that probably is like the 6th best guard? It doesnt make sense.

If u can create a trade that turns our centers and say burke into a better fitting center go for it. If u can turn kp into something worth something in the frontcourt u do that. But u dont trade the positions we are thin at for a guard that will be buried in the rotation. It does not make sense.

And we cant trade any future 1st. If we ever gonna get a legit 2, the picks will be needed
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#45 » by Pinkyring » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:12 pm

Apz wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:

Its easy. You dont move the good ones unless its for better ones. Gordon isnt better, so you dont do that, also font play a position of need.

What is mavs issue? Itd center position, specially now when kp is out. There is always complaints we dont have big wings to defends pg13 and kawhi, the only ones we got that can atleast slow them down is kleber and dfs. Trade that for a guard that probably is like the 6th best guard? It doesnt make sense.

If u can create a trade that turns our centers and say burke into a better fitting center go for it. If u can turn kp into something worth something in the frontcourt u do that. But u dont trade the positions we are thin at for a guard that will be buried in the rotation. It does not make sense.

And we cant trade any future 1st. If we ever gonna get a legit 2, the picks will be needed

Every position on this team minus what luka plays is a position of need, what team are you watching?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:53 pm

Apz wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:

We don't know Gordon price, maybe 2 seconds...and we can't draft so could be perfect for our bench.

Anyway Maxi&DFS didn't slow down nobody, PG and Kawhi have shooted with the 70% from the floor...they are only decent defender for the RS. Nomore.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#47 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:59 pm

Apz wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:How's he doing in the G-League?

He isnt in the g league, he is on mavs bench

That's a waste of his 45 days with the team, unless that rule was changed.
EDIT: I see that they kept the same rules as last year. I like it now.
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/07/18/report-nba-to-keep-most-of-relaxed-two-way-player-rules-for-next-season/
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by Apz » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:02 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Apz wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Man some of this fanbase player evaluation is miserable they complain about the roster but when u make a trade to move dfs or maxi they oppose everything and its like these guys are backups they are very disposable and mediocre. Theyfind flaws in every other player besides ours you're right

We don't know Gordon price, maybe 2 seconds...and we can't draft so could be perfect for our bench.

Anyway Maxi&DFS didn't slow down nobody, PG and Kawhi have shooted with the 70% from the floor...they are only decent defender for the RS. Nomore.

And if we had like thj as best guy to guard him, would they had finished like 80? 90? 100? I really dont get u guys, u saying that there isnt different levels of hell? U cant seriously think that we can get better defenders shooting around 40 from 3, specially at those salary levels.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:29 pm

Apz wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Apz wrote:

And if we had like thj as best guy to guard him, would they had finished like 80? 90? 100? I really dont get u guys, u saying that there isnt different levels of hell? U cant seriously think that we can get better defenders shooting around 40 from 3, specially at those salary levels.

We had not THJ as our best defender if we made some trades... And probably then can't shooter better neither in practice :lol:

I just wanna know who are our defenders that shoot 40% from 3(And with an high usage, not with 1or2 triples a game) because Maxi and DFS are not so good defender and they make 1 triple a game.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Apz » Sun Nov 7, 2021 6:51 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Apz wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

We had not THJ as our best defender if we made some trades... And probably then can't shooter better neither in practice :lol:

I just wanna know who are our defenders that shoot 40% from 3(And with an high usage, not with 1or2 triples a game) because Maxi and DFS are not so good defender and they make 1 triple a game.

Usuallh do more then 1, and yes, they are good. Just because a star and a supersyar can torch players doesnt mean they are bad. You cN do 100% right as defender and still get zcorex on time anx time again, if a great playef is hot. Ask our oppositions about luka. Guess smart also sucks at defense, got smoked again vs luka. This is why u dont hottake. Gdamnit, just chill. Only way we miss po is if luka get injured. What we can trade and receive wong make us 1% nearer a title. Not saying we cant win it all, we can, if luka gets hog all thru and thd right roleplayers get hot at the right time. Not a very big chance but not impossible. I mean liverpool turned a cl final around being down e-0 at galftimd vs the best team in the world Nothing is impossible, just not probable. Judt relax, enjoy the games, and in another 73 games the season starts for real. We played like ****, shot overall from 3 at powell averages, but still are 6-3 and somehow i would say every po team from last year except 76rs looks worse anz getting off on slow starts. In my eyes this season seems very intresting
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#51 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:01 pm

Bluelabel24 wrote:would really like to see his ceiling.. i think DFS already hit his.. might be a good idea to slowly give him PT sooner rather later.

He looks like a poor man’s Draymond Green. I could see his ceiling being the level of Jae Crowder. I really wish Kidd gave him more minutes.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#52 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:03 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:At this point im open, green sucks s brown sucks dfs sucks basically our entire wing rotation is a dumpster fire.

We have a lot of weak/mediocre (no)3&(no)D guys....that's what some of us tried to say in the offseason.

A lot of guys here are happy for having Bullock, Brown, DFS ecc ecc but a guy like DDR is much better than all our set of scrubs.

Quality>>>>>Quantity. Always.

DDR didn’t want to come to Dallas.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:04 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Apz wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
We have a lot of weak/mediocre (no)3&(no)D guys....that's what some of us tried to say in the offseason.

A lot of guys here are happy for having Bullock, Brown, DFS ecc ecc but a guy like DDR is much better than all our set of scrubs.

Quality>>>>>Quantity. Always.

Isnt it a bit hilarious that u say we have no 3 and no d and then names ddr, who is worse then like 8 of our guys at those things?

I know u think 40% from 3 is bad. Im all for it if u can find better shooters that isnt "hield" on defense.

Feels free to suggest players that doesnt suck. Problem is if the player is worse then luka, people here will consider this new player to suck and needed to get traded within a month.

Derozen is an excellent scorer an efficient shooter an excellent playmaker, our guys are decent defenders and streaky shooters, some nights they look like rotation players some nights they shouldn't be in the league

You make it sound as if he was begging to come to Dallas and the Mavs thumbed their nose at him. The reports were the Mavs were interested but he wanted to go somewhere else. How is that the Mavs fault?
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#54 » by Pinkyring » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Apz wrote:
Isnt it a bit hilarious that u say we have no 3 and no d and then names ddr, who is worse then like 8 of our guys at those things?

I know u think 40% from 3 is bad. Im all for it if u can find better shooters that isnt "hield" on defense.

Feels free to suggest players that doesnt suck. Problem is if the player is worse then luka, people here will consider this new player to suck and needed to get traded within a month.

Derozen is an excellent scorer an efficient shooter an excellent playmaker, our guys are decent defenders and streaky shooters, some nights they look like rotation players some nights they shouldn't be in the league

You make it sound as if he was begging to come to Dallas and the Mavs thumbed their nose at him. The reports were the Mavs were interested but he wanted to go somewhere else. How is that the Mavs fault?

Where exactly were those reports? Im sure had we offered him a 4/100 deal instead of signing thj he'd be a mav right now
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 7:54 pm

Same old story, Mavs never offered a contract.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#56 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:32 pm

Get him some more playing time too along with Moses Brown.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:47 pm

The question is "can he play and shoot worse than DFS, Bullock and Brown?" :lol:
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Apz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:54 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:The question is "can he play and shoot worse than DFS, Bullock and Brown?" :lol:

Question is more, "If we added a 50% career 3pt shooter on mavs, would he start shooting 30%?"

The shooting been just ridicolous this season. I really cant say how so many good shooters can be in a shooting slump at the same time. Tactics? Rules? Just bad luck? I dont know. Its like when jrich shot 80% from 3 in preseason last year and then barely hit one all season
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:56 pm

Apz wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:The question is "can he play and shoot worse than DFS, Bullock and Brown?" :lol:

Question is more, "If we added a 50% career 3pt shooter on mavs, would he start shooting 30%?"

The shooting been just ridicolous this season. I really cant say how so many good shooters can be in a shooting slump at the same time. Tactics? Rules? Just bad luck? I dont know. Its like when jrich shot 80% from 3 in preseason last year and then barely hit one all season

They are decent/good wide open shooters who makes more or less 1 triple a game in their carreer... We are not talking about elite shooters.
Eric Gordon , much criticized here, makes 2/3 triple a game every year. He is a real shooter.
Guys like Ariza and Covington are real 3point shooters.
And i don't mentioned Redick/Seth ecc ecc. because they are bad defender and different kind of players.
This summer much people looked only the % wrong to evaluted players. Probably our FO too.
gottamakeit
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,318

Post#60 » by gottamakeit » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:20 pm

I'd like to see what Eugene Omoruyi can do as a small-ball center in this league à la PJ Tucker. He's tenacious with his rebounding and defensive effort. He's got the weight to play center. If he can be a solid 3pt shooter, he'll be golden.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it

Return to Dallas Mavericks