ImageImageImage

Game 13 - 76ers vs Tampa - Nov 11th - 7:00 pm ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Re: Game 13 - 76ers vs Tampa - Nov 11th - 7:00 pm ET 

Post#161 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:51 am

Trade Simmons for Kyrie, even if he can only play road games we will be a much better team than with Bum Simmons.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#162 » by Black Mage » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:53 am

NYSixersFan wrote:The question is....how do you take this version of Maxey and make him as effective and confident when everyone is healthy?

Would you still trade Simmons and Maxey for Lillard? would the Blazers do it now?

Step 1: Teach Embiid that he needs to set a brick wall screen and STOP constantly slipping the screen before the defender even reaches him.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,792

Post#163 » by Negrodamus » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:05 am

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I'd try to trade Tobias if he feels that he entitled to the ball in his hand for the final possession over Maxey

Rest not needed.

I want to be mad about this game, then I remember Tobias came back and Jo is still out and Morey still hasn't traded Simmons.

Yet another weird Sixers season where we are just waiting.

Right, but I already know your opinion on Tobias.
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#164 » by downtownpie » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:08 am

Harris mia again. Seems to be a regular occurrence.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#165 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:21 am

Maxey is a STAR! That is all.

Raptors are long, athletic with average bball skill, coolio. It’s like Nurse man is just upping skill points on starting oversized characters in a game. But Masai there is a threshold.

Now onto TOBITHUS:

I now get it with Harris, took 50 dribbles for 3 points and 3 turnovers. Someone should tell him he’s not a PG. Very opportunistic to score, is gun shy, and not a great finisher
with his size adv (weak sauce).

Doc it’s simple: Tobithus takes more than four dribbles he go to the bench.

Drinking game:
Rule 1. Drink whoever Tobithus takes more than 4 dribbles
Rule 2. Skull your drink if Tobithus takes ten
Rule 3. Drink whenever he turns down a 3PA
Rule 4. Drink whenever he floats the layup
Rule 5. Pass out from drunkenness

Top tier tank commander though. As a conman goes him and Ben can share dinners together, bang up job on the fleecing I rate that financial coup.

But on the flipside I hope they trip over when walking on concrete and a gang of birds sh*ts on their car windows that’s how much I dislike them lol

SAM SAYS...

Should build a spud factory with all that $$$. They would be good at it having first hand experience and all

End rant.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#166 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:23 am

Can’t worry too much about losses when more than 50% of salary cap isn’t playing as they’re bound to happen

Just worry about how the remainder are playing and there’s some positive on that score
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,113

Post#167 » by eyeatoma » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:27 am

downtownpie wrote:Harris mia again. Seems to be a regular occurrence.

Dude just came back from Covid give him a break.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,538

Post#168 » by SixthStreet » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:36 am

We need to let Maxey cook even with the starters. He should be looking to score every time he gets an advantage and not worry so much about running sets. They can get into sets with Curry or Shake or Tobias or Korkmaz playing the nominal PG.

Maxey thinks too much playing with the starters and it takes away from his lethal skill. Need to let him do what he does. If it lets Embiid focus his calories on defense more and reduce offensive usage, all the better!
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#169 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:39 am

Maxey can’t play these type of games in a regular basis now, but he likely can in the future.

You still need Embiid’s scoring circa 2020-2021. Aside from Seth, Milton, Korkmaz, Niang, and Tobi’s efficient double digit scoring.

Let us remind ourselves brethren that what makes our offense a lot better this season is our collective approach in scoring.

Yeah Tobi will have his off night. But you still need his scoring. When someone has an off night, then next man up. At one point Tobi is gonna be that guy who will step up when someone is struggling.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#170 » by Foshan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:01 am

So haven't gotten to see the 4th quater yet... but couple randome thoughts now seeing the scoreboard...

Wish Bball Paul got more time, especially since Drummond was not awesome. I feel like Paul needs about18mins a game to be developing while Embiid is out. Sure he does some crazy stuff... but then you have it on film and hopefully he can learn from it later too.

When Kork is soooo cold, i wonder why we give him so many minutes. I feel like Shake or Joe should have gotten more of his minutes tonight.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,877

Post#171 » by mjkvol » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Foshan wrote:So haven't gotten to see the 4th quater yet... but couple randome thoughts now seeing the scoreboard...

Wish Bball Paul got more time, especially since Drummond was not awesome. I feel like Paul needs about18mins a game to be developing while Embiid is out. Sure he does some crazy stuff... but then you have it on film and hopefully he can learn from it later too.

When Kork is soooo cold, i wonder why we give him so many minutes. I feel like Shake or Joe should have gotten more of his minutes tonight.

Both excellent points that I was thinking as well. Reed makes too many impact plays in his all-to-brief court time, and especially now we need to see how he will handle more minutes, not needing to feel like he has to impact every play. And when Kork is cold, he is ice cold - Rivers needs to recognize that and sit him in those spots.

My other observation is one that I'm sure is shared by others, and that's the way the offense just doesn't flow the same way with Harris on the floor. It's always the same - his stat line looks fine after the game, but there are just too many moments when the ball stops with him pounding away, only to take a shot out of the offensive rhythm, some of which fall. And the decision to put the ball in his hands with the game on the line instead of giving it to Maxey was coaching malpractice.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
theo42
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Post#172 » by theo42 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:37 pm

SixthStreet wrote:We need to let Maxey cook even with the starters. He should be looking to score every time he gets an advantage and not worry so much about running sets. They can get into sets with Curry or Shake or Tobias or Korkmaz playing the nominal PG.

Maxey thinks too much playing with the starters and it takes away from his lethal skill. Need to let him do what he does. If it lets Embiid focus his calories on defense more and reduce offensive usage, all the better!

I think he is relegated to 5th option with the starters, which is a mistake.

When he has the ball in his hands, he is so much better...when he gives it off, he stands there and people actively avoid throwing it to him is my observation.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#173 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:44 pm

Bucks and this game exposed our lack of size.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#174 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:52 pm

Listened the entire game on Raps TV. I like how they covered the game than how we do with ours. But damn.. they’re as bias or even more bias than Kate and Alaa.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#175 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:57 pm

theo42 wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:We need to let Maxey cook even with the starters. He should be looking to score every time he gets an advantage and not worry so much about running sets. They can get into sets with Curry or Shake or Tobias or Korkmaz playing the nominal PG.

When he has the ball in his hands, he is so much better...when he gives it off, he stands there and people actively avoid throwing it to him is my observation.

I’d rather have us be surgical. Move the ball and attack the opening. If its Maxey then Maxey, if it’s Green then it’s Green. Keep the defense guessing. Maxey is not Kevin Durant where he’ll get you 50 when you just let him run the offense. Maxey is more like Tony Parker.

Raps way of how they run their team is exactly how we should play. This is what current trend of the game favors.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 829

Post#176 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:19 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Foshan wrote:So haven't gotten to see the 4th quater yet... but couple randome thoughts now seeing the scoreboard...

Both excellent points that I was thinking as well. Reed makes too many impact plays in his all-to-brief court time, and especially now we need to see how he will handle more minutes, not needing to feel like he has to impact every play. And when Kork is cold, he is ice cold - Rivers needs to recognize that and sit him in those spots.

My other observation is one that I'm sure is shared by others, and that's the way the offense just doesn't flow the same way with Harris on the floor. It's always the same - his stat line looks fine after the game, but there are just too many moments when the ball stops with him pounding away, only to take a shot out of the offensive rhythm, some of which fall. And the decision to put the ball in his hands with the game on the line instead of giving it to Maxey was coaching malpractice.

Harris's game should be limited primarily to spot-up threes surrounding a pick and roll game with players who can run it well. Secondarily it should consist of having him be a creator only when he's defended by someone who can't defend him.
theo42
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Post#177 » by theo42 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:36 pm

76ciology wrote:
theo42 wrote:

I’d rather have us be surgical. Move the ball and attack the opening. If its Maxey then Maxey, if it’s Green then it’s Green. Keep the defense guessing. Maxey is not Kevin Durant where he’ll get you 50 when you just let him run the offense. Maxey is more like Tony Parker.

Raps way of how they run their team is exactly how we should play. This is what current trend of the game favors.

I don't disagree but I think he is the 3rd Option behind Embiid and reluctantly Tobias. Seth should be the 4th option but always potentially the bailout for any of the top 3.

It is bad when Green looks off Maxey. They all do it or at least did it before this run.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 411

Post#178 » by Zumramania » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:00 pm

mjkvol wrote:Both excellent points that I was thinking as well. Reed makes too many impact plays in his all-to-brief court time, and especially now we need to see how he will handle more minutes, not needing to feel like he has to impact every play. And when Kork is cold, he is ice cold - Rivers needs to recognize that and sit him in those spots.

Haha I only watched the highlights, but I somehow guessed Tobivemus played a part in us going from a 109-107 lead one and a half minutes until the end to a 109-115 loss at the end. I mean, ok, he is coming back from Covid and we don't have a classic go to guy for clutch time, but honestly I'd rather see Maxey and others learn in those moments than Tobi playing his basketball that won't get us anywhere in the playoffs. With Paul Reed needing minutes to develop, I think that trading Tobi should become a priority for Morey, like he traded Horford without much noise. Maybe he is looking to first resolve the situation with Ben. Tobi is for us what Bledsoe was for the Bucks, we won't get anywhere until we trade him.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,877

Post#179 » by mjkvol » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:06 pm

Zumramania wrote:
mjkvol wrote:Both excellent points that I was thinking as well. Reed makes too many impact plays in his all-to-brief court time, and especially now we need to see how he will handle more minutes, not needing to feel like he has to impact every play. And when Kork is cold, he is ice cold - Rivers needs to recognize that and sit him in those spots.

Haha I only watched the highlights, but I somehow guessed Tobivemus played a part in us going from a 109-107 lead one and a half minutes until the end to a 109-115 loss at the end. I mean, ok, he is coming back from Covid and we don't have a classic go to guy for clutch time, but honestly I'd rather see Maxey and others learn in those moments than Tobi playing his basketball that won't get us anywhere in the playoffs. With Paul Reed needing minutes to develop, I think that trading Tobi should become a priority for Morey, like he traded Horford without much noise. Maybe he is looking to first resolve the situation with Ben. Tobi is for us what Bledsoe was for the Bucks, we won't get anywhere until we trade him.

And especially on a night when Maxey pretty much single handedly got us back in the game and into a position to actually win it. Rivers owed it to Maxey, and he owed it to the team to put the ball in Maxey's hands and let him make a play. I don't want Harris taking that shot at any time (unless he has a huge mismatch), but on a night when a player is cooking like Maxey, give him the damn ball.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Declan
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#180 » by Declan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:31 pm

Zumramania wrote:

Used to be a huge Tobi fan but I’ve really soured on him. It’s weird but he kind of puts up phony numbers.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers