ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#601 » by whatisacenter » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Commodor wrote:
Skybox wrote:I think Terrence Ross could really help you guys in your title push. Disregard his appalling performance this year - it's clear he's not in the ORL rebuild game plan and he seems entirely disconnected...look at what he has delivered the last few years as a flamethrower off of the bench. He'd be perfect as a sixth or seventh man on a strong team. He can spread the floor, great locker room guy, he's a very good defender, and big enough to easily switch between 2 & 3. Physically, he's an explosive gazelle who can punish defenders closing out on him with highlight dunks...I had hopes for him playing a more efficient leading role in ORL's new system, but he's apparently best as a chucker (who can make difficult shots-primarily from downtown). Every contender needs a guy like that coming off of the bench...capable of going for 25 any night or playing 10 mins without a complaint - all depending on matchups, etc.

Again, any consideration would mean ignoring this year (so far)...I'd send him and DEN frp for Moody. Moody will likely become a similar player, but TRoss could help win rings now. ORL has no need for veteran game-winners right now and should move him for young upside.

Yeah there are trades that could be had between ORL and GSW but Ross for Moody, Kuminga, Wiseman or Poole is not happening. And that is not because it doesn't work financially.

Ross might be a worse passer than Oubre.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#602 » by Commodor » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:55 pm

Skybox wrote:
Commodor wrote:
Skybox wrote:I think Terrence Ross could really help you guys in your title push. Disregard his appalling performance this year - it's clear he's not in the ORL rebuild game plan and he seems entirely disconnected...look at what he has delivered the last few years as a flamethrower off of the bench. He'd be perfect as a sixth or seventh man on a strong team. He can spread the floor, great locker room guy, he's a very good defender, and big enough to easily switch between 2 & 3. Physically, he's an explosive gazelle who can punish defenders closing out on him with highlight dunks...I had hopes for him playing a more efficient leading role in ORL's new system, but he's apparently best as a chucker (who can make difficult shots-primarily from downtown). Every contender needs a guy like that coming off of the bench...capable of going for 25 any night or playing 10 mins without a complaint - all depending on matchups, etc.

Again, any consideration would mean ignoring this year (so far)...I'd send him and DEN frp for Moody. Moody will likely become a similar player, but TRoss could help win rings now. ORL has no need for veteran game-winners right now and should move him for young upside.

Yeah there are trades that could be had between ORL and GSW but Ross for Moody, Kuminga, Wiseman or Poole is not happening. And that is not because it doesn't work financially.

I agree, I included a first round pick (and I'm aware of the math, there would have to be filler)...I think Kuminga's ultimate value is very high, ORL already has it's own Wiseman project, and Poole has already "arrived" (so GSW can use him NOW)...Moody is most likely target. I don't disagree with your take, what other forms/players/picks do you feel would be realistic for GSW to trade a "not yet ready for rings, but he will be someday" Moody to ORL?

I think GSW would not mind Ross involved but Isaac or Suggs would be the primary targets for GSW.

It would be pretty difficult over all to make it work because essentially Wiggins would have to come with it for salary and then ORL rightfully would want extra compensation for Wiggins. GSW has Wiggins playing as a positive impact on the court for them so it would be difficult to justify having to give up additional assets just to move him on top of whatever cost it is for the players they want.

I think this would have to happen at the deadline or over the summer when one side becomes a little more desperate and changes valuations.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#603 » by xdrta+ » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Commodor wrote:
Skybox wrote:
Commodor wrote:

I agree, I included a first round pick (and I'm aware of the math, there would have to be filler)...I think Kuminga's ultimate value is very high, ORL already has it's own Wiseman project, and Poole has already "arrived" (so GSW can use him NOW)...Moody is most likely target. I don't disagree with your take, what other forms/players/picks do you feel would be realistic for GSW to trade a "not yet ready for rings, but he will be someday" Moody to ORL?

I think GSW would not mind Ross involved but Isaac or Suggs would be the primary targets for GSW.

It would be pretty difficult over all to make it work because essentially Wiggins would have to come with it for salary and then ORL rightfully would want extra compensation for Wiggins. GSW has Wiggins playing as a positive impact on the court for them so it would be difficult to justify having to give up additional assets just to move him on top of whatever cost it is for the players they want.

I think this would have to happen at the deadline or over the summer when one side becomes a little more desperate and changes valuations.

Isaac is an outspoken anti-vaxxer (interview on Fox News about it), so he won't be coming to GS.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#604 » by and1GS » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:15 pm

A healthy Isaac would be devastating on this team.

The issue is, he'll need to be healthy. I think at least one prove it short term deal is next in his career arc. Which is a shame because he's incredibly talented.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#605 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:20 pm

"Hi Bob...... Chad Buchanan of the Indiana Pacers here. We've decided to tear things down and embrace the youth movement. So here's the deal I'm offering you. I'll send you Myles Turner, but I need to get back Wiseman and Kuminga. The salaries work, and with a starting line-up of Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Draymond/Turner, and a second string of Poole, Payton, Iguodala, Porter, and Bjelica, you'd be insanely deep. Yes, your luxury tax number goes up some, but you can handle it. Plus, this also frees up a roster spot, and you still have the TP MLE left, so if somebody good comes available via a buyout, you can more easily go after them. What say you?"
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#606 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:22 pm

and1GS wrote:A healthy Isaac would be devastating on this team.

The issue is, he'll need to be healthy. I think at least one prove it short term deal is next in his career arc. Which is a shame because he's incredibly talented.

Isaac's in the first year of a 4-year deal that pays him $17.4M/year. So unless you're talking about a deal that starts in the summer of 2025, that ship has already sailed.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#607 » by and1GS » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:41 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:

Isaac's in the first year of a 4-year deal that pays him $17.4M/year. So unless you're talking about a deal that starts in the summer of 2025, that ship has already sailed.

Well I'm dumb, thanks for the heads up.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#608 » by The-Power » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:53 pm

A healthy Isaac still couldn't play for this team during home games.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#609 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:40 pm

Kuminga and a top 4 protected 2028 1st round draft pick to the Suns for JaVale and an unprotected Suns 2028 pick and a Suns 2029 2nd round puck.

The trade can't happen until December 15.Kuminga for JaVale looks like it works salary cap-wise. I think we could have just plain signed JaVale last summer and chose not to.

This is a live now pay later trade because we would be giving up Kuminga's potential for some insurance at center in this year's playoffs. JaVale's getting old. He will turn into a pumpkin some year soon.

JaVale knows how to play with Steph/Dray/Klay/Ig but if Kerr won't play him there is no point in having him.
I thought JaVale was clearly better than Zaza but Kerr did not agree with me.

Kerr has done a good job. Kerr restricting Steph's minutes or whatever greivences some of you have does not outweigh the success that Kerr has had as a coach.

With JaVale on board the search for an upgrade at center can relax and Wiggins and Wiseman can stop worrying about being traded and Looney can stop worrying about becoming a backup.

Not that I don't want Towns.

I really liked JaVale but it isn't 2017 anymore. JaVale's stats don't shown signs of aging except that his blocks are down. The sample size for this year is to small. His blocks were fine last year.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,817

Post#610 » by cdubbz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:18 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Kuminga and a top 4 protected 2028 1st round draft pick to the Suns for JaVale and an unprotected Suns 2028 pick and a Suns 2029 2nd round puck.

The trade can't happen until December 15.Kuminga for JaVale looks like it works salary cap-wise. I think we could have just plain signed JaVale last summer and chose not to.

This is a live now pay later trade because we would be giving up Kuminga's potential for some insurance at center in this year's playoffs. JaVale's getting old. He will turn into a pumpkin some year soon.

JaVale knows how to play with Steph/Dray/Klay/Ig but if Kerr won't play him there is no point in having him.

Kerr has done a good job. Kerr restricting Steph's minutes or whatever greivences some of you have does not outweigh the success that Kerr has had as a coach.

With JaVale on board the search for an upgrade at center can relax and Wiggins and Wiseman can stop worrying about being traded and Looney can stop worrying about becoming a backup.

I really liked JaVale but it isn't 2017 anymore. JaVale's stats don't shown signs of aging except that his blocks are down. The sample size for this year is to small. His blocks were fine last year.

This does help this season as I don't see Kuminga being able to help us win at all this year. Just hate to toss out our 7th pick who has potential for that. I mean if it helps us win the Championship then it was all worth it, but I feel Warriors can do better with Kuminga.

Always irritated me that we never signed McGee back. He was great in our system.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#611 » by cdubbz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:19 pm

Been looking through all team rosters and it's difficult for me to find any trade that works.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,870

Post#612 » by Hoopstar23 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:30 pm

cdubbz wrote:Been looking through all team rosters and it's difficult for me to find any trade that works.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzfqwa5w

maybe add some picks but this might be the trade! can take out Moody if nessacary

remember the Cs were very high on Wiseman in the 2020 draft
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#613 » by cdubbz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:00 pm

Hoopstar23 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Been looking through all team rosters and it's difficult for me to find any trade that works.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzfqwa5w

maybe add some picks but this might be the trade! can take out Moody if nessacary

remember the Cs were very high on Wiseman in the 2020 draft

I'm curious on Jaylen Browns fit with us. He's an amazing young talent. I also really like Wiggins on this roster. Taller and longer than Brown and more versatility defensively? or am I wrong. Wiggins is a low maintenance 3rd guy on our team - is Brown willing to be #3?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#614 » by Skybox » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:38 pm

The-Power wrote:

and, I don't think Isaac's integrity is as flexible as Wiggins' :lol: Not saying I agree with his stance but, he's a VERY principled young man.

I still have an irrational fanboy support of Wiggins, despite reality...what do you want (realistically) from the Magic for Wiggins +

ORL sends: Isaac, who shows he's healthy prior to Trade Deadline and Ross (both ready to contribute significantly towards a ring)
GSW sends: Wiggins (I can't quit him, but be honest, still negative trade value) and Moody (will be good-someday, GSW can't wait)

Maybe I've just forgotten how super-special Isaac is defensively, but Wendell Carter is playing well next to Bamba and I really like Okeke, coming off the bench at PF, zinging passes around with Franz. Isaac, who must show a few months of athletic play (I agree) to show he's okay...is still young, could realistically lead the league in blocks & steals & deflections at the same time...If Klay comes back okay, Isaac is a phenomenally better fit. Criticize Ross if you want, but he's bright lights ready and would make any team's bench better (this year's ORL notwithstanding :banghead: ).

Wiggins is young, has all of the skills you want, all of the physical attributes you want..maybe he takes his MIN firepower combined with his GSW smarts and immediately leads the East in scoring and imparts a GSW vibe in ORL's youth movement. Moody gets the minutes he needs and quickly becomes TRoss, Jr, and maybe more.

not posting this in ORL forum, because I will be advanced-stats to death about Wiggs...perhaps rightfully
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#615 » by Commodor » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:06 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Kuminga and a top 4 protected 2028 1st round draft pick to the Suns for JaVale and an unprotected Suns 2028 pick and a Suns 2029 2nd round puck.

Lol what?

Come on Javale McGee for Kuminga?

You'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him, not the 7th overall pick from the recent draft.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#616 » by xdrta+ » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Skybox wrote:
The-Power wrote:

and, I don't think Isaac's integrity is as flexible as Wiggins' :lol: Not saying I agree with his stance but, he's a VERY principled young man.

What you call principled, others call wacko. What don't you get about the Warriors never trading for an anti-vaxxer. He's "done his own research" and, oh yeah, when all else fails he's counting on Jesus to save him.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#617 » by Nvnervous45 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:32 pm

Chiozza for javale! Drops mic
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#618 » by watch1958 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:37 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Skybox wrote:
The-Power wrote:A healthy Isaac still couldn't play for this team during home games.

What you call principled, others call wacko. What don't you get about the Warriors never trading for an anti-vaxxer. He's "done his own research" and, oh yeah, when all else fails he's counting on Jesus to save him.

I didn’t think Isaac was one of the “Jesus will save me” guys. I thought he had already had COVID, and that was the basis for his objection.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#619 » by Skybox » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:05 am

xdrta+ wrote:
Skybox wrote:
The-Power wrote:A healthy Isaac still couldn't play for this team during home games.

Actually, I DO call it wacko too...and I DO get it, kind of my whole point-Isaac won't be getting vaccinated when they hold his paycheck over him (like Wiggins)...no way GSW trades for Isaac while the vax restrictions are in place...maybe they won't be forever.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#620 » by xdrta+ » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:31 am

Skybox wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Actually, I DO call it wacko too...and I DO get it, kind of my whole point-Isaac won't be getting vaccinated when they hold his paycheck over him (like Wiggins)...no way GSW trades for Isaac while the vax restrictions are in place...maybe they won't be forever.

Yeah, maybe I missed your point, sorry about that. I doubt they would trade for him even if the health order is lifted. Just don't think they'll go out of their way to have an unvaccinated player in the mix. it's just not worth it.

Return to Golden State Warriors