ImageImageImage

Game 11: Pistons (2-8) @ Cavs (7-5) - Nov. 12 7:30 PM EST

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Re: Game 11: Pistons (2-8) @ Cavs (7-5) - Nov. 12 7:30 PM EST 

Post#241 » by The Moose » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:05 am

topsearch92 wrote:Is Stewart that bad he only got 24 mins while being our starter on a big man lacking team?

he was really really bad tonight and was terribly outsized tonight by the huge cavs lineup
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#242 » by whitehops » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:05 am

topsearch92 wrote:Is Stewart that bad he only got 24 mins while being our starter on a big man lacking team?

he picked up two fouls in like the first 90 seconds of the game so he probably would've finished with 28-30 otherwise.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#243 » by Pistonrings » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:43 am

The Moose wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:I'm just sitting here laughing at everything right now. Honestly. It's a clownshow out there. The play calling is brutal, turnover galore, and the basket is the size of a pinhead.

Has any offense ever been worse in NBA history? This has to be the worst shooting team i have ever seen in my life.

to answer your question

Read on Twitter
?s=21

And there is no way that all these players would just happen to be going through a slump like this normally. I don't believe it for a second. This is Casey's horrible offense causing this. He wants to live by the 3 and his entire offense has that as his main objective.

He did tell us when he was hired that he was going to do this.

Even when we go inside most of the time it is only a fake penetration in order to get it back out for a 3.

You cannot have your players just constantly looking to take 3 pointers. There has to be an actual balance, an INTENDED balance, where your inside scoring in most cases is the first intention. In other words, the inside has to be a REAL option more than 20 percent of the time, not just a fake showing where the intent all the time is to get it back out for a 3.

I watched a Bulls/Philli game and specifically looked at the other players beside the ball carrier. What seemed like 85 percent of the time their offense intended to run plays for interior scoring. They shot plenty of 3 pointers, but again, most of the time they were natural extensions of an overall interior intent. They constantly ran screens, not just screens that stay out at the 3 line like Casey, their screens were hard, interior intended.

They ran double screens while a 3rd guy would cut along the baseline. They posted up, and their movement inside the 3 line was intense and purposeful, not some phony, half-hearted attempt to probe just so you can get it back out to a 3 shooter.

I saw us actually run some normal offense against the Nets a couple games ago, it was amazing, and that's when we were in the game. I was shocked to see it. But then right back to what we saw tonight.

Nope, no way I can read those stats above and be told this is the shooters all shooting bad and it has nothing to do with Casey's offense.

He is ordering these players to just chuck 3 after 3 and to make that their central focus. 3 pointers should come out of a balanced, all-around offense and be in a rhythm from in to out mainly. You have plays to make 3 pointers when you need them, like at the end or when you are down big, but you don't run only those plays as a complete offense.

So Casey has to go, he just has to. Weaver has got to see this and get us an innovative, young coach who runs a balanced offense.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#244 » by Pistonrings » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:29 am

Lol, King isn't too happy, and I agree with him.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,751

Post#245 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:49 am

Was busy today, so I didn’t catch this one.

I think I’ll skip this one on the ole’ DVR. My god it’s depressing seeing this teams’ offense.

I’ll die not understanding why we extended Casey. It made no sense even if we DID like him.

I have a hard time imaging us firing him before that extension even kicks in. Talk about egg on your face…
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#246 » by El Chivo » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:13 am

Fire Casey. He's destroying Pistons' rebuilding.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#247 » by El Chivo » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:26 am

bstein14 wrote:Trey Lyles just twisted his ankle. When it rains it pours.

Hope he's done for the season.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#248 » by flow » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:21 pm

1. I don't blame Diallo for being pissed. He should be playing more, and his coach is a dolt.
2. But that's no excuse for refusing to enter a game. Can't have that.

Read on Twitter
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#249 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:07 pm

Weaver created our team and we are the worst shooting/scoring team I've seen in my life.

Last night I saw Grant pass out of open looks 4-5 times. One play Bey passed him the ball, he passed it back. Bey then passed the ball again to Grant and he immediately passed it back, then ran away from him.

So outside of Cade and a better looking Killian, everyone on the team looks barely playable this year.

WTF happened to drive and kicks to Bey, who broke rookie records for 3s? Why cant Stewart get offensive rebounds like he did last year? Grant got hot 2 games, the rest he is mostly just a jump shooter, either at the 3 point line or right in front - he can't make anything. Bad misses that make long rebounds that lead to fast breaks/lob dunks all over Stewart/KO/Garza our slow bad defensive bigs.

Hard to see many positives.

We completely made the team in Weaver/Casey's image - worst team I've seen. Its like the 76ers when they played exclusively G-league guys, except we are playing vets and have a full salary.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man

Post#250 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#251 » by Sort » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Well, the Pistons aren't even watchable at this point, so I expect some serious changes to happen on multiple fronts. Weaver has his faults, but I don't see him letting a historically awful team continue to be historically awful. While it seems unlikely Casey is fired or that Casey decides to free Saben Lee, I can see Weaver taking a much interventionist role as GM. Casey strikes me as a Yes Man.

You have to think that starting lineup will change. Given that this is Casey, I expect a starting backcourt of CoJo and Cunningham soon...
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#252 » by Manocad » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Sort wrote:Well, the Pistons aren't even watchable at this point, so I expect some serious changes to happen on multiple fronts. Weaver has his faults, but I don't see him letting a historically awful team continue to be historically awful. While it seems unlikely Casey is fired or that Casey decides to free Saben Lee, I can see Weaver taking a much interventionist role as GM. Casey strikes me as a Yes Man.

You have to think that starting lineup will change. Given that this is Casey, I expect a starting backcourt of CoJo and Cunningham soon...

The team is in a rebuild phase. You're not going to get serious changes on multiple fronts. This team needs to get away from Cojo and Lyles and put some more focus on interior scoring. It's not like those are things that are impossible to achieve.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#253 » by jakebernat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:30 pm

Manocad wrote:
Sort wrote:Well, the Pistons aren't even watchable at this point, so I expect some serious changes to happen on multiple fronts. Weaver has his faults, but I don't see him letting a historically awful team continue to be historically awful. While it seems unlikely Casey is fired or that Casey decides to free Saben Lee, I can see Weaver taking a much interventionist role as GM. Casey strikes me as a Yes Man.

The team is in a rebuild phase. You're not going to get serious changes on multiple fronts. This team needs to get away from Cojo and Lyles and put some more focus on interior scoring. It's not like those are things that are impossible to achieve.

that, and our shooter’s have to actually start making their open 3’s. I’m pretty sure bey didn’t forget how to shoot in the offseason.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#254 » by 440BB » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:57 pm

If they are going to take advantage of Garza's strengths they need to start feeding him down low a fair amount of the time. Those threes will be a lot more open.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,869

Post#255 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:02 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

NICE
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#256 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:04 pm

El Chivo wrote:Fire Casey. He's destroying Pistons' rebuilding.

Let him lead us to another top pick first
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#257 » by Manocad » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:19 pm

MotownMadness wrote:

Exactly. Yeah, I'd like to see the team and players get better but it's not important to make a push for the playoffs this year or even next year. As long as the guys who should be getting minutes get them they'll develop. It happens in sports all the time--a coach can't succeed then a new coach comes in with a different system and uses the same players to get a much more favorable result. The players don't get "ruined" so to speak because the coach's system and adjustments suck.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#258 » by flow » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:45 pm

MotownMadness wrote:

You don't need Casey for that. We're a bottom rung team this year regardless of the coach. But having a coach in here who can install offensive principals and develop our young future talent instead of playing Cory Freakin Joseph, would be helpful.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#259 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:50 pm

flow wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

You don't need Casey for that. We're a bottom rung team this year regardless of the coach. But having a coach in here who can install offensive principals and develop our young future talent instead of playing Cory Freakin Joseph, would be helpful.

Its gonna be such a roster changeover from now til next season I don't think it matters. Weaver can pretty much dump the whole roster and reload through FA and the draft this off-season.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man

Post#260 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:03 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
flow wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Let him lead us to another top pick first

Its gonna be such a roster changeover from now til next season I don't think it matters. Weaver can pretty much dump the whole roster and reload through FA and the draft this off-season.

Problem is a lot Weaver's guys havent been so great.

PGs we got rid of: Bruce Brown, D.Rose, Delon Wright.
PGs we brought in: Dennis Smith Jr, Cojo

Shooters we got rid of: Svi
Shooters we brought in: Diallo, Frank Jackson, Josh Jackson

Bigs we got rid of: Plumlee, Cook, Okafor
Bigs we brought in: KO

So for PGs, ouch. It would be nice to have another competent guy on the roster. Shooters, Svi looks way better than Diallo and Frank Jackson and a wash with Josh. Better shooter, worse defense, didnt turn the ball over all the time. Bigs are a wash. Plumlee helped as a passing big, he created points passing to cutters, something we dont have anymore, plus he could catch a lob.

So after we changed everyone on the team to all Weaver's guys - now we need to do that again because its the worst shooting in 50 years?

Return to Detroit Pistons