ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2021 » by LAL1947 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:07 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:I want Turner, give Indiana all what they want...round pick and players, no matter. He is the real deal.

Otherwise Barrett Allen but i don't think Cleveland leave him go away.

Just wondering if this trade in December/January makes sense in terms of value.

Dallas In: Myles Turner, Lauri Markkanen
Indiana In: Porzingis
Cleveland In: Jeremy Lamb + any combination of Josh Green, Sterling, Trey Burke, Moses, McLaughlin, Omoruyi, 2nds.

That's the base at least, not sure who needs more sent their way. It seems like a good way to upgrade the Dallas roster, assuming Indiana and Cleveland are willing to trade these guys.

Also offer an FRP to Atlanta for Cam Reddish to complete a good 10-man rotation.

Luka................ Brunson
THJ.................. Bullock
Reddish........... DFS
Markkanen....... Kleber
Turner.............. WCS
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#2022 » by Apz » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:26 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:I want Turner, give Indiana all what they want...round pick and players, no matter. He is the real deal.

Just wondering if this trade in December/January makes sense in terms of value.

Dallas In: Myles Turner, Lauri Markkanen
Indiana In: Porzingis
Cleveland In: Jeremy Lamb + any combination of Josh Green, Sterling, Trey Burke, Moses, McLaughlin, Omoruyi, 2nds.

That's the base at least, not sure who needs more sent their way. It seems like a good way to upgrade the Dallas roster, assuming Indiana and Cleveland are willing to trade these guys.

Also offer an FRP to Atlanta for Cam Reddish to complete a good 10-man rotation.

Luka............. Brunson
THJ............... Bullock
Reddish......... DFS
Markkanen..... Kleber
Turner........... WCS

First others wont do, and i kinda think eugene might become very good. We are not sending oit any 1sts for roleplayers. If we do, luka will never get a 2
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#2023 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:45 am

Any interest in Dennis Schroeder? He would fill that secondary ball handler role. Not a perfect fit but I feel this team needs something different.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#2024 » by Apz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:11 am

Mr B wrote:Any interest in Dennis Schroeder? He would fill that secondary ball handler role. Not a perfect fit but I feel this team needs something different.

Not really, got a better version in brunson
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#2025 » by tribulations » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:38 am

I feel like Turner has been on the cusp of breaking out for years but just never taken the next step. Love the skillset though.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#2026 » by ejs78 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:31 am

Dragic looks fine to me tonight (runs & hides)

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#2027 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:06 am

What about a guy like Mitchell Robinson from the Knicks? As a defensive big he would work next to KP and he should be cheap. He’s UFA after this season but I’d prefer to acquire him at the deadline.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#2028 » by ejs78 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:15 am

Mr B wrote:What about a guy like Mitchell Robinson from the Knicks? As a defensive big he would work next to KP and he should be cheap. He’s UFA after this season but I’d prefer to acquire him at the deadline.
I believe the Mavs have been linked to him in the past.

Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,489

Post#2029 » by Maverick41 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:06 am

Mr B wrote:What about a guy like Mitchell Robinson from the Knicks? As a defensive big he would work next to KP and he should be cheap. He’s UFA after this season but I’d prefer to acquire him at the deadline.

Yes absolutely if he can be had for no important assets. Noel would also work well here. At the very least it's fits our direction of putting together the Dallas Knicks :D
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,796

Post#2030 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:29 pm

I don't trust too much in Robinson... Foul truble in every game, injury prone and low BBIQ.

I think VanVleet would be the perfect backcourt fit for Doncic...elite ballhandler and shooter, good defender and great PO exp.
Brunson+Green+1RP+couple of seconds+filler for FVV+Boucher (who seems not in the best position there).
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,339

Post#2031 » by Mavrelous » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:40 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:I don't trust too much in Robinson... Foul truble in every game, injury prone and low BBIQ.

I think VanVleet would be the perfect backcourt fit for Doncic...elite ballhandler and shooter, good defender and great PO exp.
Brunson+Green+1RP+couple of seconds+filler for FVV+Boucher (who seems not in the best position there).

I wanted him in the off season, but with Brunson improved play and Frank showing he's very good for 20MPG secondary ball handler, I'd invest all resources in frontcourt improvement, Mavs need a backup center better than Powell/WCS and combo forward to help Maxi/DFS at the 4.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#2032 » by Pinkyring » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:06 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
41Dirk41 wrote:I don't trust too much in Robinson... Foul truble in every game, injury prone and low BBIQ.

Vanvleet isn't a backup he's a starter here no doubt and we have nothing to get him
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,796

Post#2033 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:26 pm

Pinkyring wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Vanvleet isn't a backup he's a starter here no doubt and we have nothing to get him

Yes of course, i would like to pair him with Luka.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#2034 » by Apz » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:54 pm

I dont know exactly what to think aboug raptors players. I think their roster is the most overrated of all on realgm. Usually sounds like their top 8-10 is allstars, and still they suck. Think as afterthought, lowry carried them and just made everyone look better then they are.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#2035 » by Pinkyring » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:51 pm

Apz wrote:I dont know exactly what to think aboug raptors players. I think their roster is the most overrated of all on realgm. Usually sounds like their top 8-10 is allstars, and still they suck. Think as afterthought, lowry carried them and just made everyone look better then they are.

Now it makes sense as to why u don't agree with any of my trades, u don't watch basketball or know **** about other players, there's a ton of fvv games that show his talent as well as his stats and Lowry isn't a make others better player so that as well is absurd
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#2036 » by ejs78 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:40 pm

Apz wrote:I dont know exactly what to think aboug raptors players. I think their roster is the most overrated of all on realgm. Usually sounds like their top 8-10 is allstars, and still they suck. Think as afterthought, lowry carried them and just made everyone look better then they are.
Who on earth thinks their top 8-10 are all stars??? FVV, OG, and Siakam are not great players but are really good. If any contenders traded for any of these 3 it could easily put them over the top.

Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#2037 » by Apz » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:32 am

ejs78 wrote:
Who on earth thinks their top 8-10 are all stars??? FVV, OG, and Siakam are not great players but are really good. If any contenders traded for any of these 3 it could easily put them over the top.

U seen the trade board? And to pinky, I think fvv is good, actually, very good, but he isnt special. Many players that are good does a lot for contenders. Toronto got no star, which makes the rest, the 2 3 4 get a lot more touches then they would get if ghey were competive. Considering their reputation on these boards, the 3 u named anz barnes should be able to get to po without problem. Bug they wont. Hell, if kp moved to raptors he wojld easily be the best and most talented player there. But try to make a trade involving even those behind the mentioned ones, and u will get "Fof him we wang unprotected 1st, for him we want 2" and so on. The valjation is like if they were the lakers
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,489

Post#2038 » by Maverick41 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:32 am

With Brunson and Frank's emergence, I think our backcourt is okay. To me, the bigger needs is as follows:

1. 2nd or 3rd option star - understand this may be too difficult to get right now but it's still a need

2. Competent center, preferably one that can shoot and defend particularly on switches. Theis would be a good add for example with the TPE.

3. A SF/PF hybrid. Right now, the only guy we have in this mold is DFS (he's quite small for PF anyway) and we'd be screwed if he was somehow out vs some of the bigger forwards out there like Lebron, Durant. Kawhi, etc. Nance, Thad, Marcus Morris, T. Prince, etc. are gettable names for cheap that could help.

Not sexy names but trying to be realistic.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#2039 » by ejs78 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:14 am

Maverick41 wrote:With Brunson and Frank's emergence, I think our backcourt is okay. To me, the bigger needs is as follows:

1. 2nd or 3rd option star - understand this may be too difficult to get right now but it's still a need

2. Competent center, preferably one that can shoot and defend particularly on switches. Theis would be a good add for example with the TPE.

3. A SF/PF hybrid. Right now, the only guy we have in this mold is DFS (he's quite small for PF anyway) and we'd be screwed if he was somehow out vs some of the bigger forwards out there like Lebron, Durant. Kawhi, etc. Nance, Thad, Marcus Morris, T. Prince, etc. are gettable names for cheap that could help.

Thank you for posting realistic options.

Nance and Young would be nice. Not sure why Minnesota doesn't play Prince since Vanderbilt, Okogie, or McDaniels all can't score and they aren't winning.

LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#2040 » by LAL1947 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:28 am

Maverick41 wrote:With Brunson and Frank's emergence, I think our backcourt is okay. To me, the bigger needs is as follows:

What's the value of Devin Vassell? Wondering if he is someone the Mavs could target for the SG position. He may not ever develop into a 2nd option but might become a regular 15-20 PPG scorer who also plays good defense.

If the Mavs could also get Jonathan Isaac off the Magic, that would help with the PF/C dilemma in your points 2 & 3... since he can help protect the rim and perimeter, both. A SF/PF in a less athletic mold is Deni Avdija, he plays good defense.

Luka............. Brunson
Vassell.......... THJ
Bullock.......... DFS
Isaac............. Kleber
Porzingis....... WCS

Does this team have a realistic shot of contending against Nets, Bucks, Suns, Nuggets, etc?

Return to Dallas Mavericks