ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Thunder - 11/14 7pm EST

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Re: GT: Nets @ Thunder - 11/14 7pm EST 

Post#21 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:20 am

Mills is the right guy to step in without Joe, but I am getting even more concerned with our ball handler depth if Mills is forced to start. It's the one thing that concerned me since it was obvious that Kyrie wouldn't be with the team.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:24 am

Nets are now 10-4, and the only team with more wins is our next opponent, Golden State

Hopefully guys rest up tomorrow. Tuesday will be the real deal.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#23 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:26 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Mills is the right guy to step in without Joe, but I am getting even more concerned with our ball handler depth if Mills is forced to start. It's the one thing that concerned me since it was obvious that Kyrie wouldn't be with the team.

You have to imagine trade talks are going to heat up once players are eligible to be traded in December.

If some team is willing to give up a ball handler for Kyrie we have to do it.

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#24 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:41 am

Since the nets stopped switching everything on defense they have won. I’m proud of Nash for making the change.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:59 am

Sharcm1 wrote:Since the nets stopped switching everything on defense they have won. I’m proud of Nash for making the change.

Yep. Drop coverage has made our defense so much better.

We are 5th defensively. That is huge. We just need to solve our problems when Harden and KD aren't on the floor.

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#26 » by NetsWorld » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:31 am

10-4 and no identity, crazy! We need the Golden State game to boost our confidence to another level.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#27 » by GTR11 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:53 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Mills is the right guy to step in without Joe, but I am getting even more concerned with our ball handler depth if Mills is forced to start. It's the one thing that concerned me since it was obvious that Kyrie wouldn't be with the team.

Can't have Patty and LMA playing with starters. It's going to be tough now. I'd start Sapp for till Joe comes back.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#28 » by GTR11 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:01 am

KD35Netted wrote:10-4 and no identity, crazy! We need the Golden State game to boost our confidence to another level.

No identity :lol:

We are best offensive team in the league that can score anyway you want them to. Opposite is true.

Our only issue is depth. Kyrie taking 30m in cap space is what killing us. Marks/Tsai not extending Din is a killer. We need playmaking guard to spare Hardens minutes.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#29 » by NetsWorld » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:05 am

GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:10-4 and no identity, crazy! We need the Golden State game to boost our confidence to another level.

We are best offensive team in the league that can score anyway you want them to. Opposite is true.

Our only issue is depth. Kyrie taking 30m in cap space is what killing us. Marks/Tsai not extending Din is a killer. We need playmaking guard to spare Hardens minutes.

Harden is still getting into form and trying to establish chemistry with some players ala LMA, the second unit can't get it going without one of Harden/KD on the floor and we still need another playmaker/scorer on this team besides Harden/KD. The Warriors will be a test for us, even if it's just another game. What I love the most about this year is the defensive improvement and is the biggest reason we are actually winning games besides KD's ridiculous performances which are out of this world and unstoppable. I don't think anyone will beat us between April-June as long as chemistry develops more and health is 100%
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#30 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:16 am

Any news on Joe Harris, if it's a low ankle sprain or the dreaded high ankle sprain?

Also it sounds like KD is just dealing with a little tendinitis in his shoulder, but that should heal with treatment. For sure it's not affecting his game at all, but I look forward to him being 100% again, so hopefully no setbacks.

Lastly, great road trip (5-1) and now the season longest road trip is already out of the way.

Overall I'm proud of this team, the whole team, from KD and Harden to Mills and Aldridge et al.

If this team wins a championship, if will be a thousand times sweeter to have won it without that quitter.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#31 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:30 am

HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#32 » by HardenGoat » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:35 am

Only caught parts of the game. Hope Harris heals quick. It looked like Patty did well and Cam should play. Cam is a bucket getter and we need that now.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#33 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:This 2nd unit is just a disaster without any stars on the floor.

Marks has got to do something next month. Now Joe Harris is injured.

Kyrie has **** ed this team over so badly.

We are 10-4. there is no need to "got to" do anything. we are playing outstanding. most teams dont look great when they run out 5 bench players. this time last year KD was top 3 in minutes. those lineups help keep him fresh.

You dont make knee jerk roster moves in november when your team is top 2 in the conference and just had one of the best road trips in franchise history.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#34 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:42 am

Great win. 5-1 road trip is great even if we played some bad teams in there. only loss was the back-to-back. Team is clicking on all cylinders 1 through 5. I though Bembry and Brown played great tonight even if it doesnt showup in the box score. LMA hitting threes is huge for this team, especially since blake cant buy one right now.

GSW up next. They are not as good as their record. they have played mostly awful teams. but like spanarkle always says that first game back after a road just is like another road game since you have to travel still.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#35 » by Papi_swav » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:25 am

Another solid win, lets keep it rolling. Patty came thru big time in this one. KD with his usual. Would be nice to spank the Warriors next
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#36 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:31 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:This 2nd unit is just a disaster without any stars on the floor.

We are 10-4. there is no need to "got to" do anything. we are playing outstanding. most teams dont look great when they run out 5 bench players. this time last year KD was top 3 in minutes. those lineups help keep him fresh.

You dont make knee jerk roster moves in november when your team is top 2 in the conference and just had one of the best road trips in franchise history.

Those all bench unit line ups will cost us heavily when we play better teams. We absolutely need to address it.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Those all bench unit line ups will cost us heavily when we play better teams. We absolutely need to address it.

Well, that unit only plays together 6 minutes a game. (to start the 2nd quarter. if they played well he may run them another 6 to start the 4th but has beeng going with harden + 4 bench guys.

I don't see evidence they will "cost us heavily" when we play better teams. On the road, all bench units are likely to fair a bit worse, at home a bit better. overall a coin flip.

Vs. the bulls that unit was +3. In the 4th we got crushed with our starters in the 4th, not reserves
Vs. Raps that unit was -2. We wont comfortably.
Vs. the hawks that unit was a +9, part of why we won
Vs. the Heat we never played an all bench unit, but our bench overall was bad, especially mills (1-9)
Vs. Philly we barely played an all bench unit, but our bench was +17 overall.
Vs. milwaukee we barely played an all bench unit, some were ok, carter was awful

So our sample of all bench vs. good teams is actually quite good. and our bench play overall vs. good teams has been very good. The games our bench played poorly was mostly blowing leads on the road to awful teams, which probably has more to do with counting our chickens before they hatch them some systemic problem. it is not uncommon for teams to blow big early leads.

Bottom line: If Nash cant find a way to win with having to play just 6-8 minutes of no stars, he flat out needs to go. Most teams have to go 10-12+ minutes with all/heavy bench and dont even have 1 top 10 player, let alone 2 you can staggger.

Overall, I think the panic is kind of confusion. despite playing all the top teams in the east and a 6 game road trip we are in 1st place and have i believe the 3rd best start through 14 games in franchise history. And that is WITH Harden still being just like 75-80% of his usual self
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#38 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:25 pm

GTR11 wrote:

Yeah I mean we are 11th in offense despite a slow start/Harden issues, 5th in defense, #1 in threes and #1 in opponents threes allowed. We are #1 in TS%. We are #6 in net rating.

This team 1-15 and on both ends of the ball has been outstanding.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#39 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:29 pm

also, we are:
https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/traditional/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StarterBench=Bench

#5 in bench +/- (+3.0)
#11 in bench scoring (34.6 ppg)
#9 in bench FG% (46%)
#1 in bench 3PT% (42.2)
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#40 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:24 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Yeah I mean we are 11th in offense despite a slow start/Harden issues, 5th in defense, #1 in threes and #1 in opponents threes allowed. We are #1 in TS%. We are #6 in net rating.

This team 1-15 and on both ends of the ball has been outstanding.

I find those numbers really hard to believe since I don't think we've played very well at all. Defensively I see the improvement but our offense is definitely a work in progress. The weak teams we played on the road trip definitely would have contributed to those raw figures.

However I think our depth is for real, there is simply no dead weight on this roster. I love our bench despite the occasional scoring drought, its a bunch of vets that play know how to play team ball surrounded by some guard dogs,

Return to Brooklyn Nets