ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#141 » by BKlutch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:43 am

There ought to be a place in hell for Flat Earth Irving. I blame him for eating cap space, messing with the minds of his teammates, and becoming so toxic that he'd rather fight for his right to infect others instead of playing for the team that pays him a mere $30+ Million a year. Yes, he messed up the team composition, the rotations, the plays, and you know what? If he somehow decides to make a huge sacrifice and return to play, he'll do something else to hurt this team. Other front offices are scared of trading for him, despite his top-3 talent in the NBA, so how can the front office recoup his salary?

Nash is a young coach (in coaching years) and is only here beause Mr. Flat Earth decided Kenny Atkinson (who I loved) wasn't right for this team. But I can tell you one thing: If Kenny were still here and the team had Kryie's $30+ Million to spend, nobody would be talking about how much better the Warriors played. Most would be commenting how team play and great D stopped those West Coasters and won the game. And Barclays would be full of Nets fans, not half empty or full of Warriors' fans.

I see Kyrie as a cancer, and if he signs his player option, he'll be a cancer that has metastasized.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#142 » by GTR11 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:47 am

HardenGoat wrote:Yeah. This sucked. Bad. We are stuck with what we have right now including Nash. The one player we lost that I knew was going to haunt us was Jeff Green. And obviously Kyrie. The only way we can resolve this is in a trade or by a miracle and get Kyrie back. We have no pick and roll partner for Harden which is something he needs to be more effective. Iam so bummed.

We whiffed big time by letting Din walk. With Kyrie eating 30m in cap, well we can't really improve much.

Jeff been out the rotation for Nuggets and need guard with forward. Billy ( ND guy ) proposed Sapp and Carter for Green. Works salary wise and reasons.

Basically until Kyrie comes back we will be OK in the EC. If we want chip, we going to need Kyrie. This team was build around 3 stars. Missing one f*** entire thing.

Like today, we had no one putting pressure on Curry and make him work. Yeah we still got him foul trouble but, we couldn't take advantage because of poor guard depth.

KD going cold definitely played role, it's just they adjusted and actually started to attack him, something we couldn't do. Again we f*** because of Kyrie situation.
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#143 » by Suwanee » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:50 am

HardenGoat wrote:Yeah. This sucked. Bad. We are stuck with what we have right now including Nash. The one player we lost that I knew was going to haunt us was Jeff Green. And obviously Kyrie. The only way we can resolve this is in a trade or by a miracle get Kyrie back. We have no pick and roll partner for Harden which is something he needs to be more effective. Iam so bummed.

Yeah. Harden needs a lob threat. His lob passes are on another level. Unfortunately the only lob threat we have is Claxton. But he can’t stay on the court. Sometimes sick, other times suck.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#144 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:53 am

Team is not coach to succeed or bring offense if/when Harden n Durant goes cold.

This is some recreation level coaching lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#145 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:54 am

Suwanee wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Yeah. This sucked. Bad. We are stuck with what we have right now including Nash. The one player we lost that I knew was going to haunt us was Jeff Green. And obviously Kyrie. The only way we can resolve this is in a trade or by a miracle get Kyrie back. We have no pick and roll partner for Harden which is something he needs to be more effective. Iam so bummed.

Yeah. Harden needs a lob threat. His lob passes are on another level. Unfortunately the only lob threat we have is Claxton. But he can’t stay on the court. Sometimes sick, other times suck.

That lob threat he had with DJ last year was money.

Why it was scrapped is beyond me
The ModFather

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#146 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:58 am

Easy to blame Kyrie. But we should not have been blown out with KD and Harden.

This team is more talented as currently constructed than any team in the league. Except perhaps the Lakers.

Our defense has improved from last year. But our offense has gone to Hell. If KD is not cooking we have no other way of scoring.

Harden is still not close to 100%. Otherwise he could carry us night to night.

But the main problem is still to me coaching. This team seems unprepared and has no idea what its doing. Last year we figured it out but it took a while.

Nash is not an elite coach. I don't think hes terrible. Or bottom 10 in the league. But hes NOT what we needed for this team. We should have hired Ty Lue. Can you imagine how much better we would be with someone who actually knew what they were doing?

With all that being said, I'm not going to overreact. Its still November.

This team is too good to not figure it out. And the Bucks/Heat are not looking good either.

But it sure as hell could have been easier with a better coach. Marks **** up big time when he hired Nash.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#147 » by GTR11 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:01 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Team is not coach to succeed or bring offense if/when Harden n Durant goes cold.

I knew losing D'Antoni going to hurt somewhat, damn our offense look shaky even vs bad teams. I'm not sure what can be done or who we can bring. Assistant coaching, coaching in general such right now. If there was a way to get D'Antoni back or Kenny... we need help ASAP!!!
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,540

Post#148 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:02 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
This team is more talented as currently constructed than any team in the league. Except perhaps the Lakers.

How can you say this? The Warriors have Klay and Wiseman about to come back. we look inferior.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,540

Post#149 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:04 am

BKlutch wrote:There ought to be a place in hell for Flat Earth Irving. I blame him for eating cap space, messing with the minds of his teammates, and becoming so toxic that he'd rather fight for his right to infect others instead of playing for the team that pays him a mere $30+ Million a year. Yes, he messed up the team composition, the rotations, the plays, and you know what? If he somehow decides to make a huge sacrifice and return to play, he'll do something else to hurt this team. Other front offices are scared of trading for him, despite his top-3 talent in the NBA, so how can the front office recoup his salary?

Nash is a young coach (in coaching years) and is only here beause Mr. Flat Earth decided Kenny Atkinson (who I loved) wasn't right for this team. But I can tell you one thing: If Kenny were still here and the team had Kryie's $30+ Million to spend, nobody would be talking about how much better the Warriors played. Most would be commenting how team play and great D stopped those West Coasters and won the game. And Barclays would be full of Nets fans, not half empty or full of Warriors' fans.

I see Kyrie as a cancer, and if he signs his player option, he'll be a cancer that has metastasized.

I agree with you, Knicks fan.

I mean you can go **** yourself, but bro I agree with you 100%.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM

Post#150 » by GTR11 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:05 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Easy to blame Kyrie. But we should not have been blown out with KD and Harden.

Our defense has improved from last year. But our offense has gone to Hell. If KD is not cooking we have no other way of scoring.

But the main problem is still to me coaching. This team seems unprepared and has no idea what its doing. Last year we figured it out but it took a while.

Nash is not an elite coach. I don't think hes terrible. Or bottom 10 in the league. But hes NOT what we needed for this team. We should have hired Ty Lue. Can you imagine how much better we would be with someone who actually knew what they were doing?

This team is too good to not figure it out. And the Bucks/Heat are not looking good either.

But it sure as hell could have been easier with a better coach. Marks **** up big time when he hired Nash.

Yes it's easy and right thing to do, there is no way around it. Kyrie can ask for trade like Ben to any other team we will be good. Damn we can get Ben for Kyrie straight up, think he wouldn't make difference? 1st team all D and great playmaker. Take him in a heartbeat knowing he don't miss games much either.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#151 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:05 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

How can you say this? The Warriors have Klay and Wiseman about to come back. we look inferior.

Its 1 game bro. I'm talking about talent.

Don't you remember how bad we looked at the beginning of last year?

Don't be a prisoner of the moment.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#152 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:06 am

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Easy to blame Kyrie. But we should not have been blown out with KD and Harden.

Yes it's easy and right thing to do, there is no way around it. Kyrie can ask for trade like Ben to any other team we will be good. Damn we can get Ben for Kyrie straight up, think he wouldn't make difference? 1st team all D and great playmaker. Take him in a heartbeat knowing he don't miss games much either.

Ben Simmons is a head case. I want no part of him at all.

I'd rather just wait for kooky Kyrie to get his shot. Eventually he will do it.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Post#153 » by HardenGoat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:07 am

Durant basically hired Nash and Kyrie approved but didn’t think the Nets even needed a head coach. Good luck bringing in someone else at this point. It isn’t happening. We need to replace our missing star and maximize what Harden can do on the court. We have ways to improve. I think Johnson is washed and played too many meaningless minutes during a critical time. Not sure why Nash chose this of all games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#154 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:09 am

GTR11 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Team is not coach to succeed or bring offense if/when Harden n Durant goes cold.

I knew losing D'Antoni going to hurt somewhat, damn our offense look shaky even vs bad teams. I'm not sure what can be done or who we can bring. Assistant coaching, coaching in general such right now. If there was a way to get D'Antoni back or Kenny... we need help ASAP!!!

Maybe give the keys back to Vaughn???

Nash got to go...
The ModFather

GTR11
RealGM

Post#155 » by GTR11 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:12 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

If he's a head case than who is Kyrie :lol:

I didn't see no issue with Ben until Morey came over with his analytics. He hates players like him and definitely has an agenda against him.

Again tell me any reason why Kyrie is not a guilty party here? He pretty much got Kenny fired who was a good coach. Than came out talking about we don't really need coach! Am I lying here?

Man yo Kyrie boys need to take heat for this bs too, just as guilty for this bs we dealing with right now.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#156 » by GTR11 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:12 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

I didn't see no issue with Ben until Morey came over with his analytics. He hates players like him and definitely has an agenda against him.

Again tell me any reason why Kyrie is not a guilty party here? He pretty much got Kenny fired who was a good coach. Than came out talking about we don't really need coach! Am I lying here?

Man yo Kyrie boys need to take heat for this bs too, just as guilty for this bs we dealing with right now.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#157 » by GTR11 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:14 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Maybe give the keys back to Vaughn???

Nash got to go...

I'd be OK with it. It's just he's been hand picked by KD. I don't see him being happy with head coaching change. For f*** sake I wanted Kenny to stay :banghead:
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#158 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:20 am

The Kyrie blame everytime we lose is nonsense. You wanna hate on Kyrie for not playing, fine. you want to trade or cut him, fine. But lets not pretend like we are some short-handed, G-league team without him.

-We are an over the cap, over the luxury tax team WITHOUT Kyrie's salary. this nonsense that we somehow are at a strategic disadvantage because his salary cant be used for someone else is nonsense. If you cant win with a 138 million payroll your GM/Coach/Team has bigger issues then missing a player.

-We have 2 MVPS, the leagues leading scorer, and a top 8 bench WITHOUT kyrie. This is not a team starved for talent. This is not a team lacking depth. 9 out of every 10 games we play we are more talented then the opponent, and most nights, vastly more talented.

You want to bash Kyrie go to the Kyrie thread. this thread is about the warriors game, and we got blown out not because we missed KD but because we got outclassed, outplayed, and outcoached.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#159 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:28 am

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Kyrie is the guilty party. But I know he can help a team win a Championship on the court.

Simmons is a mental midget who passes up wide open dunks and shoots 32% from the FT line in the playoffs. Why would I want that?

Kyrie will come back eventually. He has to.

And its not his fault Kenny got fired either. KD didn't want him too.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#160 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:30 am

HardenGoat wrote:Durant basically hired Nash and Kyrie approved but didn’t think the Nets even needed a head coach. Good luck bringing in someone else at this point. It isn’t happening. We need to replace our missing star and maximize what Harden can do on the court. We have ways to improve. I think Johnson is washed and played too many meaningless minutes during a critical time. Not sure why Nash chose this of all games.

We have a bunch of rookies who could give us minutes that haven't seen the floor. Harris and Millsap were not playing. And Claxton was out.

I don't think theres no way we can improve. Johnson and Carter both suck and shouldn't see minutes in my view.

Return to Brooklyn Nets