bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#101 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:06 pm

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
King4Day wrote:How do people think we match up with the Warriors if both teams are healthy? Their depth will be a big issue. The fact we can switch on nearly everything is probably our biggest advantage. Our length will help too.

Depends on Curry. He is the key. when he is having a season like this, the team is unstoppable. Think about it. They don't even have Klay back yet.

But that team has so much championship experience with their big 3 with a lot of depth and even youth they haven't used now so who knows?

But Curry has to be on. They don't crush teams like the Nets, etc, if Curry isn't going 9/14 from 3. He regularly has games like that.

If any team had a player who regularly got on fire on super high volume from 3 and was unstoppable, they are almost impossible to beat.

If Booker ever were to get to where he could go 7/10 from 3 often and average like 45% overall from there on the volume he shoots we would be unstoppable and he would get close to becoming a top 10 player, if not nudge into the top 10.

I am not scared of the Warriors at all.

I love Curry and he is for now this season's MVP, but I think their roster is not deep enough. I don't trust their bench and I think they have a BIG hole at C.

Until now (11W-2L) they are playing great BUT they have had an easy schedule IMO. They are gonna start losing games more frequently in the next few weeks.

Remember they don't have Klay either, though you may not expect him to be very good upon return. I think their depth is pretty good. Once Klay returns Poole comes off the bench, but Otto Porter is fairly solid, Iggy is a shell of himself but still a decent vet and then you have Damion Lee who has been playing well and Gary Payton II isn't great but his FG% is insane this year (like 68% and 81% from 2).

Wiseman should only get better throughout the year and same goes for Kuminga and Moses Moody. Maybe they don't do much but wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them do.

I've always thought Draymond Green was really underrated though and even Steph. Many say KD was the best player when he was there but he doesn't look like the best player unless Steph is there. Steph is a once in a lifetime type of high volume long distance shooter that can just be impossible to stop. If Klay comes back and shoots even close to 40% I think they will be very tough to beat.

We'd have to shoot really well. A lot of it comes down to math when teams take so many 3s at a high %. The fact they lead the league in rebounding and Wiseman hasn't even played yet is also pretty scary.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#102 » by Bogyo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:18 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
King4Day wrote:How do people think we match up with the Warriors if both teams are healthy? Their depth will be a big issue. The fact we can switch on nearly everything is probably our biggest advantage. Our length will help too.

These Warriors we can take. The Warriors with an ok and healthy Klay and Wiseman with a bit of time to gel and get in shape? I think we'd win 3 out of 10 games roughly...

I think we could only take them (even now) if we are shooting well and Booker is hitting buckets efficiently. Otherwise it would take a bad night from the Warriors to win. That goes for us against most quality teams though.

Obviously I did not mean we'd be clear favourites or anything like that. But I'd say its a pretty 50-50 game if the Warriors regress to their mean a bit. Have they been playing excellent so far? Yes. Is it sustainable throughout the season or even just another 15 games from now on? No.
But with Klay as a starter and Wiseman (off the bench? :O thats a deep team... with Poole, Porter, Bjelica, Iggy, GP, Moody, Kuminga,Lee... dayuuuum thats a legit 14 deep roster), it's not a big question.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#103 » by sunsbg » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:26 am

Klay will come from the injury stronger than ever and score 50 on us like Giannis did, so yeah no.chance to beat them.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#104 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:15 am

Interesting, Cavs are beating the Warriors by double digits and Mobley, Allen and Sexton are out. Love is actually having a good game though. Rubio also started.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#105 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:47 am

Didn't last too long
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#106 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:57 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Didn't last too long

Yeah, if he keeps making 9 3s a game, they likely are not losing. He's made 9 3s in 3 of last 4 games and 4 of last 6. That's crazy.

4 out of 6 games. There are probably few people in the NBA who have ever hit 9 3s in a game, much less more than once, much less 4x, much less 4x in a season, much less 4x within 6 games during a season.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#107 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:06 am

You're never really out of the game if you have a HOF elite scorer in Curry. Amazing to watch
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#108 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:49 am

Curry:3PM::Stockton:Assists

There's an argument to be made that he's the best PG ever and a top 5 player all time. If I were drafting a team using all the players from NBA history, I wouldn't take him lower than 3 - assuming the games would be played with a 3 point line.

Personally I think there's an argument he should be ahead of even Lebron on the Mount Rushmore of basketball, though Lebron has a great shot at being the all time leader in points scored by the end of his career. Injuries have prevented Curry from having a realistic shot at overtaking him on that count. But then, Lebron will never lead a team to 73 wins - even His Airness didn't do that. He still has time to overtake LBJ in the ring chase, though it's hard to imagine he'll hit MJ's six. Injuries robbed him of one. Lebron's block on Iggy robbed him of another. Tweak history just a bit and he'd have 5 today to Lebron's 3, which just goes to show why counting rings isn't the best way to compare the greats.

Speaking of all time records, it's kind of wild that CP3 has a great chance at ending up #2 all time in both the assists and steals categories.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#109 » by Bogyo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:30 am

Gay just returned for the Jazz. They will be even tougher to beat now. I think they have a legit chance of doing OK smallball for streches. If they choose to do so - which they should. They were just fine in the regular season, pretty much the same product for 3 years running, but they never could pull off smallball. I think they have the personel now.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#110 » by Bogyo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Didn't last too long

Yeah, if he keeps making 9 3s a game, they likely are not losing. He's made 9 3s in 3 of last 4 games and 4 of last 6. That's crazy.

4 out of 6 games. There are probably few people in the NBA who have ever hit 9 3s in a game, much less more than once, much less 4x, much less 4x in a season, much less 4x within 6 games during a season.

I've seen this stat somewhere, and it was an incredibly small number. Also, the next 3 after Curry added together don't have half of Currys 9 3's games count. :o :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#111 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:43 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Curry:3PM::Stockton:Assists

There's an argument to be made that he's the best PG ever and a top 5 player all time. If I were drafting a team using all the players from NBA history, I wouldn't take him lower than 3 - assuming the games would be played with a 3 point line.

Personally I think there's an argument he should be ahead of even Lebron on the Mount Rushmore of basketball, though Lebron has a great shot at being the all time leader in points scored by the end of his career. Injuries have prevented Curry from having a realistic shot at overtaking him on that count. But then, Lebron will never lead a team to 73 wins - even His Airness didn't do that. He still has time to overtake LBJ in the ring chase, though it's hard to imagine he'll hit MJ's six. Injuries robbed him of one. Lebron's block on Iggy robbed him of another. Tweak history just a bit and he'd have 5 today to Lebron's 3, which just goes to show why counting rings isn't the best way to compare the greats.

Speaking of all time records, it's kind of wild that CP3 has a great chance at ending up #2 all time in both the assists and steals categories.

Yeah, Curry's gravity and just the fact he can hit 3s from anywhere, off the dribble, etc, at the volume he does, is unprecedented. You pair him with another elite shooter like Klay, it's just impossible. Then Draymond is the perfect defensive/distributor to put with those guys. I honestly think you just put decent role players against a healthy big 3 of those guys, they are tough for any team to beat, ever. KD obviously made it kind of a joke, but the fact people started elevating him ahead of Curry saying he was the best player on the team, to me, was also kind of a joke. KD is a super stud, but Curry has the confidence that KD can lack when all is on the line, which separates them. Of course you can say KD is better at things like rebounding, defense, etc, but I just don't think he has the impact.

I know he's a PG, but kind of hard to compare to guys like Stockton and Magic, etc. He's more in the pure scoring category, like Kobe, but I personally would put him a couple notches above offensively. Now Kobe was an elite defender, so you can weigh that in, but Curry is just pretty unbelievable. Amazing we almost had him.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#112 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:47 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Curry:3PM::Stockton:Assists

Yeah, Curry's gravity and just the fact he can hit 3s from anywhere, off the dribble, etc, at the volume he does, is unprecedented. You pair him with another elite shooter like Klay, it's just impossible. Then Draymond is the perfect defensive/distributor to put with those guys. I honestly think you just put decent role players against a healthy big 3 of those guys, they are tough for any team to beat, ever. KD obviously made it kind of a joke, but the fact people started elevating him ahead of Curry saying he was the best player on the team, to me, was also kind of a joke. KD is a super stud, but Curry has the confidence that KD can lack when all is on the line, which separates them. Of course you can say KD is better at things like rebounding, defense, etc, but I just don't think he has the impact.

I know he's a PG, but kind of hard to compare to guys like Stockton and Magic, etc. He's more in the pure scoring category, like Kobe, but I personally would put him a couple notches above offensively. Now Kobe was an elite defender, so you can weigh that in, but Curry is just pretty unbelievable. Amazing we almost had him.

Kobe was a great defender no doubt, but also overrated - no doubt. Made several All-Defense teams he had no business being on, while somehow a stud like Marion, who was very simply a better defender than Kobe, got overlooked year after year to make way for Kobe's legacy selection.

Kobe might be the most overrated player ever, actually. Sure, he was a killer. But he was also embarrassingly inefficient compared to the player whose game his most closely mirror's (Jordan). A chucker. A sneering, ball-dominant jerk who didn't get the best out of his teammates, who would tank your team if he wasn't hearing what he wanted to hear from his coach, who couldn't cheer for his team if the glory didn't belong to him. Jordan was hard on his teammates, but he celebrated their successes.

I watched a youtube video some months back where the dude came up with a 75 All-Time player list, based "only on statistics." Dude had I think 10 categories of stats, came up with a formula, and ranked all the players. Then, after going on and on about how objective his metric was... he added two non-statistical categories: "shot-making" and "cultural impact." Placed Kobe #1 on both, and gave none of the other top 10 players high marks on either list (somehow Jordan was in the teens on "shot-making"... what?? And how could Jordan not be #1 in terms of cultural impact???). And that's how he justified putting Kobe in the top 10. Because you CAN'T JUSTIFY IT based on stats alone, even with all those gratuitous All-Defense selections. And yet, there he sits on most people's all-time list, right there with Kareem, Magic, Wilt and the like, always ahead of Shaq, who IMO he has no business being ranked ahead of.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#113 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:45 pm

This is pretty crazy.

Read on Twitter

And this is crazy too...you certainly wouldn't have expected this 3 man group (not including a C) to be #1 in DRTG despite Lonzo Ball being a great defender.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#114 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 pm

Best team mate nickname since SexLand
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#115 » by darealjuice » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:45 am

Lonzo is a great point guard to have 2 scorers like Lavine and DeRozan. Not ball dominant at all, he pushes the pace, his play style encourages ball movement, he defends well, and he's developed into a solid 3 point shooter. Will be interesting to see what that team looks like if they can unlock Vucci. They could use a power forward too.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#116 » by darealjuice » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:52 am

Read on Twitter

Second opinion means they're probably recommending surgery for his back
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#117 » by Bogyo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:25 am

darealjuice wrote:
Read on Twitter

Saw somewhere that it's nerve issue, that could be season ending.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#118 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:45 am

Sometimes getting the same respect as your peers means using bad deals to justify bad deals.

Happy we didn't cave.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#119 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:27 pm

Bogyo wrote:
darealjuice wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wasn't his back the same problem he had in college that kept him out a long time and his whole first season and part of 2nd?

Just got a max....wow.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#120 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:28 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
darealjuice wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wasn't his back the same problem he had in college that kept him out a long time and his whole first season and part of 2nd?

Just got a max....wow.

Yeah it was. I think there are pretty significant incentives in his contract so it's not all guaranteed but still is a big amount

Return to Phoenix Suns