ImageImage

PG Lakers: Giannis is Pretty Pretty Good

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Re: PG Lakers: Giannis is Pretty Pretty Good 

Post#61 » by Jez2983 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Prez wrote:emunney mentioned in the GT, but it’s hilarious how ordinary Giannis made AD look. AD is a pretty insane talent and Giannis made it feel like AD was a Paul Millsap level dude out there lol

Was AD better than Portis tonight?

Also I feel like THT may look exactly the same for the next 30 years. He's an old looking young dude.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#62 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:49 pm

Definitely wish we would've paid PJ just so I don't have to watch Semi Ojeleye play basketball for the Bucks.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#63 » by Nightfall » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:21 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Definitely wish we would've paid PJ so I don't have to watch Semi Ojeleye "play basketball" for the Bucks.

Fify
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#64 » by tydett » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Prez wrote:emunney mentioned in the GT, but it’s hilarious how ordinary Giannis made AD look. AD is a pretty insane talent and Giannis made it feel like AD was a Paul Millsap level dude out there lol

Usually not much into ESPN's hot take artistry, but it was either Stephen A or Jalen who said at halftime "Stop with the AD is a top 5 player nonsense, Giannis is showing him what a top 5 player looks like." Vigorously nodded my head in agreement. And I like Davis.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#65 » by jschligs » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:37 pm

tydett wrote:

Usually not much into ESPN's hot take artistry, but it was either Stephen A or Jalen who said at halftime "Stop with the AD is a top 5 player nonsense, Giannis is showing him what a top 5 player looks like." Vigorously nodded my head in agreement. And I like Davis.

That was Jalen Rose and it was spot on. He's great, not top 5 great.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,564

Post#66 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:46 pm

Give all of Semi's minutes to Mamu. We've seen enough at this point.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#67 » by buckboy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:12 pm

Just stopped by to pile on Semi. Yikes.

He was better than the uniforms though. Awful.

I realize this must be a generational thing at this point. I pretty much hate every uniform this board likes so I Imagine it's a 'me' problem. The Bucks found a uni the younger crowd likes, so that's a success for them financially which is the most important thing I guess, my eyes be damned.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#68 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:25 pm

I've definitely gotten spoiled between the MVPs and championship, but I really really want us to destroy the thunder/Magic(2x)/Pistons where Giannis averages like 30/12 in 30 minutes and he casually pats KD on the head while sitting on top rung of the MVP later.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,221

Post#69 » by PintSizedBox10 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:43 pm

AD is what he is, and that's a great #2.

He has all the talent in the world but plays like a total wimp.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,051

Post#70 » by BigO » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:43 pm

Hot takes:

1) Has anyone mentioned how bad Semi is? He is much worse than Thanassis in every regard. There is no reason to play him. I would start Thanssis in Tucker's role. He doesn't shoot much and plays good D.

2) The Bucks defense is bad (18th in the NBA) and it's not all on Lopez being out. Bucks played a ton of minutes during the playoffs without Lopez. They've abandoned the physical defense they had in the playoffs, which was aggressive. Now they are playing way too much zone and drop defense, both of which are passive defenses which leave guys open.

3) If any lessons on coaching can be learned from the Bucks slow start, it's that the vast majority of coaches are about the same and it all comes down to talent on the court. There may be 3 or 4 difference making coaches and the rest (except a few at the bottom) are interchangeable.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,108

Post#71 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:58 pm

Still rusty. Still sloppy. Still too many wide open misses. Still don't have the big man. But we're getting closer to the rotation we'll be seeing when games matter. And the result was a W. Not at all surprising. Come the playoffs, hopefully Nwora and Semi won't be seeing the floor and Brook and Donte will. Step in the right direction.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,108

Post#72 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:59 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Giannis is a God. God's deserve better crowds/fans. If he leaves, that's why. Probably not, but probably.

We still doing this?

Not in the history of sport has a city shown out the way Milwaukee did for last year's postseason. But we're still doing this. Coolcoolcool.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#73 » by emunney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:01 pm

To be fair to Anthony Davis, did anybody you respect think he was a top 5 player *before* last night?

He's on that tier of perennial all-star but never legit MVP candidate guys. You're not debating AD vs. Giannis right now. You might be debating AD vs. KAT or AD vs. Jimmy Butler.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,564

Post#74 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Eh, Davis from 2015-2020 was/is definitely a Top-10, fringe Top-5ish guy depending on the year. The injuries + his mediocre work ethic and drive have already caught up to him at 28 going on 29 years old though. People do this weird thing whenever Lebron teams up with another superstar and try and hindsight analyze/diminish how good they were independent of Lebron (Love, Bosh), who has some of the best work ethic towards maintaining his body in the history of the sport. AD just looks like he's coasted ever since winning that bubble title. He's a guy who seems content to make a bunch of money in LA, get a couple more All-Star/All-NBA appearances, and ride off into the sunset with just one ring on his finger.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#75 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Watched ESPN broadcast last night to take a break from Lisa cause Vince and Mark Jones are pretty good duo

But, of course in the halftime and postgame SAS, Wilbon are all just talking about how terrible AD is and nothing about how good Giannis is. I'll never be surprised, but on a night like Giannis had, it's just tiring.
otmshank1
Junior
And1: 416

Post#76 » by otmshank1 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm really digging these new uniforms, might have to pick up some merch
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
emunney
RealGM

Post#77 » by emunney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:51 pm

I think the freakiest thing about Giannis that we take for granted is how good his hands are. Every game he makes some absolutely abnormal catches. Even that first dunk, when he got stripped, he should not be able to regain control of that ball in time to dunk it. Anthony Davis, for example, does not make that play -- he couldn't even react fast enough get back in the play to contest the dunk.
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#78 » by BucksRule18 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:56 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Give all of Semi's minutes to Mamu. We've seen enough at this point.

All I can say is that Budd would've pulled DJ Wilson from the line-up a lot quicker for a lot less.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#79 » by JEIS » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:04 pm

AD was looking like he is on the Dwight Howard trajectory. Maybe that LA lifestyle does hinder some folks?
emunney
RealGM

Post#80 » by emunney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:07 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Watched ESPN broadcast last night to take a break from Lisa cause Vince and Mark Jones are pretty good duo

But, of course in the halftime and postgame SAS, Wilbon are all just talking about how terrible AD is and nothing about how good Giannis is. I'll never be surprised, but on a night like Giannis had, it's just tiring.

I was just about to say VC is already one of the better analysts. I have so much admiration for that guy's journey, from perennial all-star, to top shelf role-player, now to this 3rd act. Rare for guys with his gifts to have such a humble approach to their craft.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks