The team that can't crack a 2-3 zone
67%
The team that's won 3 straight
33%

Total votes: 6

80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Re: GT #15: Bullets @ HEAT (NBCSW/980 AM) 

Post#121 » by 80sballboy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:49 am

Look, we knew this schedule was going to be tough. We have the Heat at home on Saturday, Charlotte at home on Monday. New Orleans on the road Wed (Zion back?). Thunder on the road on Friday. At Dallas, Spurs for brief SW trip. Not a lot of easy ones. No back-to-backs until we play Toronto and the Pacers on the road on Dec. 5-6. Those are killers esp. when your starting PG can only play one of those games and your backups are playing like crap.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#122 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:54 am

80sballboy wrote:
taruky1 wrote:Miami isn’t this good. Everything they threw up, even by scrubs, went in. With a full team we will take themn’

Maybe so, but imagine if they had Herro.

Miami is good, we are missing our starting PG and C (and Rui), and Miami did make a ton of junk shots (Butler and Bam made countless shots over outstretched arms without seemingly missing). I thought Beal's and KCP's defense really hurt us in a couple of stretches tonight especially in the third where we oddly decided to let them set corner picks and drain threes from there. Refs gave Miami a lot of benefit of the doubt calls as well.

All in all, can't be mad about a game like this. Last night was the one that stings because it was a winnable game in so many ways. Here's to some revenge wins in the next couple days.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#123 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:56 am

Jesus, Cleveland took a 13-point lead into the 4th against GS and were outscored 36-8. :o
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#124 » by FAH1223 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:00 am

Heat not getting 50 paint points with Gafford starting and Bullets don't commit 17 TOs with Dinwiddie at PG

Hopefully they can turn it around in DC
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#125 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 am

FAH1223 wrote:Heat not getting 50 paint points with Gafford starting and Bullets don't commit 17 TOs with Dinwiddie at PG

Starters had all but one of those TOs. To me it's inexcusable for Holiday and KCP to have 7 combined given what they should be doing on offense. They aren't going to win games playing hero ball and overdribbling. While Beal's 6 are no good, 3 of 4 which were unforced, he gets more latitude given the attention.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,204

Post#126 » by Tracymcgoaty » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:50 am

Guys i watched the game and it really seemed like you were one Westbrook away from winning that game. Honest opinion here.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#127 » by dobrojim » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:57 am

FAH1223 wrote:Heat not getting 50 paint points with Gafford starting and Bullets don't commit 17 TOs with Dinwiddie at PG

I was going to sign on long enough to say:

1. not enough GoGoGaff (huge loss)
2. Too many TOs (no Din)
3. D could have been better mostly giving up too many open corner 3s.

Positives to take away
Great shooting by BB, probably his best offensive game of the year
Kispert showing some signs after the awful game two games ago.

Neto has been atrocious. WTF with his FT shooting!
Sub par game from what we have come to expect from Trez. He was going up against Bam.
Bam is a near perfect foil for Trez. Gaff hopefully can do better. Hope he heals soon. By Saturday
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#128 » by Wizardspride » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:58 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:Guys i watched the game and it really seemed like you were one Westbrook away from winning that game. Honest opinion here.

Or a Spencer Dinwiddie, Davis Bertans, Rui Hachimura etc away from winning that game.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#129 » by dobrojim » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:00 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:Guys i watched the game and it really seemed like you were one Westbrook away from winning that game. Honest opinion here.

Pure speculation

It's very possible that Russell could also have had 7 TOs and 3-13 shooting and we
would have lost worse. Again, pure speculation. Meanwhile Kuzma had a solid
game after a quiet first half. KCP broke out of his shooting slump a little too.

Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,204

Post#130 » by Tracymcgoaty » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:06 am

dobrojim wrote:

Pure speculation

It's very possible that Russell could also have had 7 TOs and 3-13 shooting and we
game after a quiet first half. KCP broke out of his shooting slump a little too.

BUT...Im really sure you guys needed Westbrook here. Like extremely sure. So just take the **** guy.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#131 » by gambitx777 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:26 am

Missing two current starters, not counting Rui and Bryant. Not bad for the current situation. Def missed gafford and def missed din.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#132 » by FAH1223 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:11 am

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#133 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:41 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
dobrojim wrote:

Pure speculation

BUT...Im really sure you guys needed Westbrook here. Like extremely sure. So just take the **** guy.

Making such a weird comment twice on our board is trolling - among other things.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 456

Post#134 » by Pistol King » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:44 am

Sorry guys, I wanted to post it a few games ago in the middle of the winning streak because the bad signs were there, but I told myself I'll wait another few games just to be sure. WUJ is a very intelligent coach, but he deserves some criticism. His minutes rotation is awful this year so far. Look, the identity of this team is defense, plain and simple. Where you see opponents abusing Neto defensively a game after game after game, and you keep feeding him with minutes and bringing him first off the bench, something is wrong with your judgment. Today he let him play "only" 13 minutes (0 pts), but I'm sure if Neto hits 2-3 shots, WUJ would have let him play more. He doesn't recognize yet how fool's gold his game is. Also why the hell is Holiday gets so many minutes when Spencer is out? you see he's just not a good playmaker (the exact opposite of Din), and you see opponents abusing him defensively because he's too short, how the hell you wanna win against a physical team in Heat when giving him 30 minutes? in the other hand he hold Deni, a legit 6'9 player, who is the best 1v1 defender on the team and the only guy who could slow down Butler and Bam, to only 19 minutes. It's not like he was in awful shooting night, he was 2/3 from 3. This is exactly the type of game I'd expect a creative coach to let Deni run some minutes at the point position. This way you're developing your 9'th overall pick playmaker and at the same time don't have to see your midget guards decreasing the chance of a win. BTW he's short handed with Deni's minutes the entire year, and I'll go as far to say it costed at least 1-2 losses this year.

Last game against CHA he gave way too much minutes to KCP, KUZ and Neto, this game he gave way too much minutes to Neto and Holiday. It's impossible to win consistently when the coach giving minutes in a robotic and blinded way despite the way the game being progressing.

The identity of this team is defense. when coach gives too much credit to players who doesn't impact defensively, as he did against CHA and against the Heat, nobody should be surprised from a promising loss.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 832

Post#135 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:10 am

No takebacks! When we play you, I hope the Wizards run out the ultimate troll job of a lineup with Holiday, KCP, Kuzma, Harrell, and Thomas Bryant. All those guys are former Lakers except for Holiday, who we got as part of the Westbrook trade.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#136 » by closg00 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 pm

80sballboy wrote:
closg00 wrote:The good news is that at full-strength and everyone back eventually, we can definitely compete with at the top in the East.

Are we ever going be full strength?

Bryant and Rui will be back eventually, hopefully we get everyone back while staying in the Top-8.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#137 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
Pure speculation

Making such a weird comment twice on our board is trolling - among other things.

I don’t see it as trolling. I see it as commiserating… we had to suffer the WTF show early last year. I feel for the dude.
In Rizzo we trust
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#138 » by montestewart » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:02 pm

With TOs, he would have gotten a quadruple double
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#139 » by dobrojim » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:23 pm

Pistol King wrote:Sorry guys, I wanted to post it a few games ago in the middle of the winning streak because the bad signs were there, but I told myself I'll wait another few games just to be sure. WUJ is a very intelligent coach, but he deserves some criticism. His minutes rotation is awful this year so far. Look, the identity of this team is defense, plain and simple. Where you see opponents abusing Neto defensively a game after game after game, and you keep feeding him with minutes and bringing him first off the bench, something is wrong with your judgment. Today he let him play "only" 13 minutes (0 pts), but I'm sure if Neto hits 2-3 shots, WUJ would have let him play more. He doesn't recognize yet how fool's gold his game is. Also why the hell is Holiday gets so many minutes when Spencer is out? you see he's just not a good playmaker (the exact opposite of Din), and you see opponents abusing him defensively because he's too short, how the hell you wanna win against a physical team in Heat when giving him 30 minutes? in the other hand he hold Deni, a legit 6'9 player, who is the best 1v1 defender on the team and the only guy who could slow down Butler and Bam, to only 19 minutes. It's not like he was in awful shooting night, he was 2/3 from 3. This is exactly the type of game I'd expect a creative coach to let Deni run some minutes at the point position. This way you're developing your 9'th overall pick playmaker and at the same time don't have to see your midget guards decreasing the chance of a win. BTW he's short handed with Deni's minutes the entire year, and I'll go as far to say it costed at least 1-2 losses this year.

Last game against CHA he gave way too much minutes to KCP, KUZ and Neto, this game he gave way too much minutes to Neto and Holiday. It's impossible to win consistently when the coach giving minutes in a robotic and blinded way despite the way the game being progressing.

The identity of this team is defense. when coach gives too much credit to players who doesn't impact defensively, as he did against CHA and against the Heat, nobody should be surprised from a promising loss.

With Din out, you can't say he gave too many minutes to _both_ Neto, who I agree has been bad lately,
and Holiday (who has been better this year than I expected). One of them is going to have to play
in pretty much every game. Both in games when Din sits, unless you want to see Winston (who we
can't really say much about he's played so little). Or go with Beal at the point which probably means
more minutes to KCP at the 2.

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#140 » by tontoz » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:36 pm

You obviously don't watch us very often. We were missing two guys who have been starting this year, another two guys who started last year, and one of our key bench players.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD

Return to Washington Wizards