Re: Game 15: Los Angeles Clippers @ Memphis Grizzlies: Nov 18 5:00 PM PCT 

Post#21 » by TheNewEra » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:05 am

Tough loss but the amount of injuries I’ll be okay with a 1-1 split
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#22 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:52 am

TheNewEra wrote:Tough loss but the amount of injuries I’ll be okay with a 1-1 split

Ibaka says he'll be ready to go when they get back home from the 2-game road trip.

Zu and Hartenstein are both Trad 5s and have done well. But there was a reason we signed Serge in the first place. Trad 5 is so 20th century--that's why Blake is playing center for the Nets and they kicked DeAndre to the curb.

LOL---

https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/time-to-permanently-bench-deandre-jordan-ak1987
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#23 » by TheNewEra » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:55 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Tough loss but the amount of injuries I’ll be okay with a 1-1 split

Ibaka says he'll be ready to go when they get back home from the 2-game road trip.

Zu and Hartenstein are both Trad 5s and have done well. But there was a reason we signed Serge in the first place. Trad 5 is so 20th century--that's why Blake is playing center for the Nets and they kicked DeAndre to the curb.

LOL---

https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/time-to-permanently-bench-deandre-jordan-ak1987

Blake is getting roasted every other game on social media because he can make 3s and does little else
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#24 » by Dynamix » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:43 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

LOL---

Blake is getting roasted every other game on social media because he can make 3s and does little else

He even pulled a Ben Simmons under the basket a few nights ago. Pretty sad to watch.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,426

Post#25 » by TrueLAfan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:43 pm

Well, I'll cut Blake a little slack. It's gotta be brutal to have your body pretty much go AWOL on you when your game is built on athleticism. It's a testament to his skillset that he's been able to adapt and be of any value at all.

Anyway, to follow up on a theory I posted at the beginning of this season:

Luke and TMann 21 points or More: Team Record 7-1
Luke and TMann 20 points or Less: Team Record 2-5

We don't need to give those guys more minutes; we need them to be in the offensive flow a little more. That, and getting Mook and Bledsoe (who is coming around) up to speed from behind the line, would pretty much have us rocking it big. As it is, we're solidly over .500 ... but PG needs a day off.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,698

Post#26 » by KL2 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:01 pm

Mann has been the biggest disappointment for me. All that promise from last season and all the flexing over the summer and he’s … shown very little improvement. Maybe even regressed.

But I knew Lue was punting the game when I saw Coffey in the starting lineup. My biggest wish is that he’s the one sent back to the g-league when we get healthy bodies back. Knowing Lue though it’ll be one of the young promising players instead.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#27 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:30 pm

KL2 wrote:Mann has been the biggest disappointment for me. All that promise from last season and all the flexing over the summer and he’s … shown very little improvement. Maybe even regressed.

But I knew Lue was punting the game when I saw Coffey in the starting lineup. My biggest wish is that he’s the one sent back to the g-league when we get healthy bodies back. Knowing Lue though it’ll be one of the young promising players instead.

Coffey knows our schemes. Continuity counts. Remember Willie Green? Started all year but barely sniffed the playoffs.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers