Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1341 » by sco » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:11 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Given the relatively similar build AK's old and new teams, with its injuries Denver could benefit from gambling on Coby and Troy. They play position-less combo guards, and they could try to develop Coby to be Jamal's sub.

I actually would expect nothing from these Nuggets basketball wise, it's really all about the FRP:

Coby, Troy for Campazzo, Bol, Rivers, DEN 21 1st (top-15 protected).

Probably want to wait until Jan/Feb to evaluate this kind of trade, but let's suppose Coby still plateaus/regresses from last year and DEN looks playoff bound, this would be a pretty good way of adding a pick, actually trimming Coby's #7 FRP salary and Troy's QO/RFA, and then getting some more low-min. vets (offensive guards at that).

If Coby becomes a low-minute microwave oven in a month or two, I probably take back the trade idea.

Why does DEN want to give up Bol and their 1st for Coby and Troy?
:clap:
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#1342 » by BullChit » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:07 pm

sco wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Given the relatively similar build AK's old and new teams, with its injuries Denver could benefit from gambling on Coby and Troy. They play position-less combo guards, and they could try to develop Coby to be Jamal's sub.

I actually would expect nothing from these Nuggets basketball wise, it's really all about the FRP:

Probably want to wait until Jan/Feb to evaluate this kind of trade, but let's suppose Coby still plateaus/regresses from last year and DEN looks playoff bound, this would be a pretty good way of adding a pick, actually trimming Coby's #7 FRP salary and Troy's QO/RFA, and then getting some more low-min. vets (offensive guards at that).

If Coby becomes a low-minute microwave oven in a month or two, I probably take back the trade idea.

Can we trade them Troy Brown Jr and a 2nd round pick for a small vile of that Jamal Murray development juice?
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#1343 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:59 pm

madvillian wrote:Any talk of targeting Zion? Talk about swinging for the fences.

It’s a thought but man what does one offer? I mean do you want to overpay for a guy who is going to bolt? Maybe if you think you can keep him in house and keep the other suitors away. Then there is the health issues which don’t look Uber promising right now. I am sure it will get better but there is that risk. Not a Sam Bowie risk but more an AD or Embiid risk (I calculated that scientifically because I once skimmed an article about risk management lol). But yes hard to not want to try to get him at the right price. NOP is losing him and /or Griffin will be gone. Maybe you can make a deal where he trades you Zion, and after he gets fired for doing so you hire him into your FO lol. Couldn’t think of anything more unethical or illegal.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1344 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:01 am

sco wrote:

Not sure, but take the first out and they might be willing to work something around that. Jamal is hurt so is MPJ… Coby and TBJ could be of some value. At least coby. They don’t love Bol Bol so I mean something is possible just don’t think they would give up a first though.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1345 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:06 am

StephenAA wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
StephenAA wrote:*
Is the any realistic way for the Bulls to trade for Jokic?

Jokic makes 30m this year and 32m next year. He is 26 years old. We could easily match salaries and make a solid offer this trade deadline or next summer (obviously Vuc would be part of the package).

However, I believe he is eligible for the supermax from the Nuggets next summer (something the Bulls can't offer). Do you think the Nuggets will actually offer that? Because I highly doubt Jokic is gonna walk away from that if they do.

Hence, I just want to get a realistic sense from others if Jokic is at all a possibility?? If he's not - then he's dead to me, and I'll move on...

Sorry if this has been discussed already...

AA

I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly can't if this is a serious post or not.

No, there is no realistic way to get Jokic. For anyone.

I should have prefaced my post with - "If Jokic is unhappy in Denver..."

AD to LA 2 years ago...
Ben Simmons today...
Top stars today have more power than ever...
If the player is unhappy, and if Denver can't make a deep playoff run, and with his ties to AK, well there's always hope...

AA

Simmons is not a good example though because this is the moment where the tide is turning bowing down to players demands. I get the idea but Jokic can’t just say I’m going to Chicago and you are taking Coby, Vuc and DJJ. Now do I think it’s possible, yeah lots of reasons to think something like this could be done. I think the Bulls very well will pop up on disgruntled stars trade lists now (hence why the Vuc trade was important to go from bad to mediocre). Jokic is tough though because only Denver can pay him the Supermax, so if he walks before he signs he can’t get it. It is a considerable chunk of change.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,072

Post#1346 » by MrSparkle » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:37 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:

Not sure, but take the first out and they might be willing to work something around that. Jamal is hurt so is MPJ… Coby and TBJ could be of some value. At least coby. They don’t love Bol Bol so I mean something is possible just don’t think they would give up a first though.

Well and I wouldn't dump two very young and decently talented offensive guards in Coby and Troy for a pile of DNP talent either. I don't think Bol actually holds any NBA value besides his height/name wow factor. So that FRP would be a starting point for Coby. If it's lotto protected, I don't see why DEN would value the pick so much. This is all assuming they see something in Coby. He could easily go back to being a 25-pt. threat every night, especially with Jokic sending mail.

Which hey, I do. But it's gonna be an interesting season having Coby basically wrestle minutes from a rookie 2nd rounder.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#1347 » by d boy gentleman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:46 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
madvillian wrote:Any talk of targeting Zion? Talk about swinging for the fences.

It’s a thought but man what does one offer? I mean do you want to overpay for a guy who is going to bolt? Maybe if you think you can keep him in house and keep the other suitors away. Then there is the health issues which don’t look Uber promising right now. I am sure it will get better but there is that risk. Not a Sam Bowie risk but more an AD or Embiid risk (I calculated that scientifically because I once skimmed an article about risk management lol). But yes hard to not want to try to get him at the right price. NOP is losing him and /or Griffin will be gone. Maybe you can make a deal where he trades you Zion, and after he gets fired for doing so you hire him into your FO lol. Couldn’t think of anything more unethical or illegal.

Yeah, the fact that he's injury prone despite being so young concerns me along with his weight.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1348 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:15 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Yeah, the fact that he's injury prone despite being so young concerns me along with his weight.

Those are real concerns for sure. It is also a gamble that might be amazing. That’s not a real easy decision in any light.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#1349 » by qianlong » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:45 am

Even if we wanted to gamble on Zion, which I would definitely do, what could we offer of value?
Zac and DDR, should be out of the question. I don't think they would be interested in Vuc, Coby or injured Pat.
Unfortunately the two young players got injured, so they will not show promise and raise their value.
Ball don't lie
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1350 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:52 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:Why does DEN want to give up Bol and their 1st for Coby and Troy?

Well and I wouldn't dump two very young and decently talented offensive guards in Coby and Troy for a pile of DNP talent either. I don't think Bol actually holds any NBA value besides his height/name wow factor. So that FRP would be a starting point for Coby. If it's lotto protected, I don't see why DEN would value the pick so much. This is all assuming they see something in Coby. He could easily go back to being a 25-pt. threat every night, especially with Jokic sending mail.

Which hey, I do. But it's gonna be an interesting season having Coby basically wrestle minutes from a rookie 2nd rounder.

Their FRP is worth nothing really, as it won’t be lotto, but FRP are worth more than players as far as equity. Way more than they should be. It just seems anymore that they are only spent on allstar type players, not project types. The value of first rounders is way over what it is but that is the climate of the NBA today.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#1351 » by leo921 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:00 pm

For me I say we go all in on Ayton.

Vuc/Patrick Williams/Port 1st for Ayton

Ayton on the Bulls would be scary, a young tough scoring big that can't be run off the floor in the playoffs. Gives us a chance against Embiid/Giannis. Suns made mistake not offering him max and hes a paul client like ball/lavine.

Paul and Vuc are on the same timeline. Once Paul declines and contract up so are the Suns.
Williams/Bridges is a good future SF/PF combo that can grow into something scary in 2-3 years.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#1352 » by Jcool0 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm

leo921 wrote:For me I say we go all in on Ayton.

Ayton on the Bulls would be scary, a young tough scoring big that can't be run off the floor in the playoffs. Gives us a chance against Embiid/Giannis. Suns made mistake not offering him max and hes a paul client like ball/lavine.

Paul and Vuc are on the same timeline. Once Paul declines and contract up so are the Suns.
Williams/Bridges is a good future SF/PF combo that can grow into something scary in 2-3 years.

I think Ayo and a 1st gets it done.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#1353 » by leo921 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:24 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
leo921 wrote:For me I say we go all in on Ayton.

I think Ayo and a 1st gets it done.

Williams has real trade value as a high lotto pick who has shown promise at the hardest position to find which is SF/PF combo. There are a lot of teams who needs help on the wings. Everyone knows Williams is hurt but he is cost controlled and still holds lots of promise. Port 1st Probaly ends up in that 15-18 range so a solid pick. Oh yeah Vuc is a All Star center who can shoot, pass and post up so it is not like the Suns are getting nothing like your green font suggestion.

Of course Ayton is the best player and young but everytime you see a young star not get a max extension they usually get traded. Harden and Porzingis are great examples of that with the Thunder and Knicks. Why not try and make it happen?

Ayo and 1st my ass.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#1354 » by logical_art » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:02 pm

What about Jonathan Isaac? Bamba and Carter Jr have both played well and Isaac makes a ton of money.

On paper he'd be a great fit.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#1355 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:20 pm

I’d love Ayton, he’d be such a good fit. That would mean we’d be giving him the max though - which I know not a lot of people are sold on. Could we even do that financially? With him and Zach?
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#1356 » by cool007 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:17 pm

When I see the games this year and from last year, I really think we are not too far behind to being a contender. All we need is a one piece (big man) who would fit in nicely with the personnel we have and I have one perfect answer.

That is Thadgic Johnson (aka Thad Young). He can backup Vuc or start as a center when Vuc is out and we would not miss one bit. Thad is a perfect for the offense and defense we run. He has played that hub role last year and was outstanding and that is all we need. He can not only score, run the break, pass outside and to cutters and make everyone around him better. He can also post up and punish others.

I really really really would love him back. I really hope Spurs buy him out and he is able to re-join this team. I really think we can be a contender with him back.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#1357 » by sco » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:34 pm

cool007 wrote:When I see the games this year and from last year, I really think we are not too far behind to being a contender. All we need is a one piece (big man) who would fit in nicely with the personnel we have and I have one perfect answer.

That is Thadgic Johnson (aka Thad Young). He can backup Vuc or start as a center when Vuc is out and we would not miss one bit. Thad is a perfect for the offense and defense we run. He has played that hub role last year and was outstanding and that is all we need. He can not only score, run the break, pass outside and to cutters and make everyone around him better. He can also post up and punish others.

I really really really would love him back. I really hope Spurs buy him out and he is able to re-join this team. I really think we can be a contender with him back.

I thought we can't get him back this season, even if he's bought out?
:clap:
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#1358 » by panthermark » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:19 pm

Is this like....NBA Live where you can turn off trade rules and logic?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,072

Post#1359 » by MrSparkle » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:24 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Their FRP is worth nothing really, as it won’t be lotto, but FRP are worth more than players as far as equity. Way more than they should be. It just seems anymore that they are only spent on allstar type players, not project types. The value of first rounders is way over what it is but that is the climate of the NBA today.

Yeah. Well, it is a salary consideration too. You get a shot at a higher ceiling player with 4y of lower-end salary. It just comes down to how AKME and DEN feel about the upcoming draft, and roster minutes. Coby needs an extension after next year, and Troy's expiring now. They're scrounging for minutes in our guard rotation. In DEN, they'd find opportunities due to injuries.

I'm just trying to think of the best return for Coby if it doesn't look like he's in Bulls' long term plans. That DJJ/1st return for Lauri was a satisfying catch (not that special), but quite the stand-off.

Frankly I have a lot of faith in AKME and Donovan's combined ability to draft late, so I'm way more OK with late FRPs than I was under GarPax. Do agree FRPs are generally an overrated asset.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#1360 » by bad knees » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:24 pm

sco wrote:
cool007 wrote:When I see the games this year and from last year, I really think we are not too far behind to being a contender. All we need is a one piece (big man) who would fit in nicely with the personnel we have and I have one perfect answer.

I thought we can't get him back this season, even if he's bought out?

This is correct. We cannot re-sign Thad until July 1, 2022, unless the Spurs trade him to another team (in which case we can trade for him or re-sign him if the second team waives him).

Return to Chicago Bulls