Grant for Simmons Trade Rumors

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Re: Grant for Simmons Trade Rumors 

Post#41 » by Snakebites » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 pm

I mean, there probably is SOMETHING to this (IE, conversations have taken place at some point), but I'd be surprised if they were extensive or particularly serious.

The list of teams that HAVEN'T kicked the tires on Simmons is probably shorter than the list of teams that have.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#42 » by MotownMadness » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Snakebites wrote:I mean, there probably is SOMETHING to this (IE, conversations have taken place at some point), but I'd be surprised if they were extensive or particularly serious.

The list of teams that HAVEN'T kicked the tires on Simmons is probably shorter than the list of teams that have.

I don't want any part of it, I really don't care about Grant as a long term piece at this point and wouldn't mind trying to get a asset for him. But I don't want to rush into a questionable max contract that is gonna cost us some sort of additional asset for sure.

I'm assuming Morey asked for Cade or Bey and the Convo ended. Just stick to a development year, hopefully get another good pick and fill out the roster in FA with our capspace or maybe by then a better trade is available we can absorb.
Betarayjigs
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#43 » by Betarayjigs » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:17 pm

At this point I would be up for Grant for some Wiseman package. He's good but he's not a difference maker on this team, we will take a hit for losing him but I'd rather bet on Wisemans growth and potential. Wouldn't miss his dribble shuffle he does when he's trying to create on his own.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#44 » by vege » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 pm

Bey shouldn't be traded
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#45 » by Invictus88 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Manocad wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:I’d consider a Grant/Diallo for Simmons/pick deal

Grant + KO with JJ or Diallo. This is gonna happen lol and peeps are gonna be mind blown haha.
I'll love it I think he will dominate as our main facilitator from the 4spot with Cade and secondary guy. Cade can take over in crunch time and when things bog down in half court. Simmons will make life so much easier for Stew Bey and Hayes getting them all easier baskets.
Defensively we would be incredible and fun to watch in transition after steals

It's GOING to happen? I'll take that action.

What I wouldn't give for some sort of metric that measures how frequently a poster makes declarations with confidence about things that they have no insight, authority, or even logical premise behind. Let's call it the BS factor.

I'd then ask for a slider where I could decide each day just how much BS I want to deal with and it would then automatically filter out posters that fall below the threshold.

I guess if such a thing existed then there would be a lot less posting here; because 40% is nonsense that is posted and 40% is folks calling out said nonsense :)
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 303

Post#46 » by breezypeezy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Cade, Bey and FRP's are off the the table. With that established I may listen to offers, but not feeling like I'd want to overpay.
Philly is the one in the position that needs to sweating over needing to get a deal done.
JRK
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#47 » by JRK » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 pm

We have Cade now and we don’t need Simmons. Also Bey and Stewart shouldn’t be moved, let them all develop this season, semi-tanking.
And if Grant, Olynyk or Hayes need to be moved I would go for Wiseman and/or Miles Bridges.
Hard work pays off. Nothing worth having comes easy.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#48 » by Manocad » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:49 pm

There should be a filter automatically applied to all posts in trade threads that include the words "the Pistons need to..." which replaces that phrase with "I want the Pistons to..."
vege
RealGM

Post#49 » by vege » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:35 pm

JRK wrote:We have Cade now and we don’t need Simmons. Also Bey and Stewart shouldn’t be moved, let them all develop this season, semi-tanking.
And if Grant, Olynyk or Hayes need to be moved I would go for Wiseman and/or Miles Bridges.

Wiseman is bad, Bridges is unrealistic.

Stewart is nothing special, he is an energy guy off the bench and that's it. I've seen more potential in Hayes than Stewart to be honest, even tho Hayes is unlike to reach his potential.
vege
RealGM

Post#50 » by vege » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:36 pm

A couple of games ago Grant played with 0 energy/interest, I wonder if this rumor leaked and he was mad because of it. I've never seen his so uninterested before. Last game he was back being himself tho.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#51 » by ElectricMayhem » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:02 pm

I'm not sure why the Pistons are the ones expected to add something to the deal. Simmons is the better player, but Grant and everything he brings on his contract is more valuable than Simmons and everything he brings on his contract. If I were to choose one of those players on their current contract? I'm going with Grant.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,103

Post#52 » by NYPiston » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:12 pm

breezypeezy wrote:Cade, Bey and FRP's are off the the table. With that established I may listen to offers, but not feeling like I'd want to overpay.
Philly is the one in the position that needs to sweating over needing to get a deal done.

They can't trade their 1st anyway and I'd be shocked if Bey was included in such a package.

This rumor can range anything from "The Pistons kicked the tires a while ago and haven't since" to "There have been ongoing discussions". It was such a vague rumor from unnamed sources so it doesn't seem anything to get worked up about. Now if Shams or Woj report it, then we'll have something real to discuss.

I'll say what I said earlier, if indeed the Pistons are pushing hard for this, I'll bet anything that this has Gores fingerprints on it pushing for that flashy, big ticket player to put fannies in the seats. Lets hope there isn't any truth to it because I don't see the Simmons fit, at all.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,937

Post#53 » by tmorgan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:37 pm

For Grant and filler? Sure, that’s value.

But including ANY of our first round picks from the last two years? No. Not because Simmons isn’t great — he is, at least in low-pressure games like ours — but because Philly has zero leverage and the fit is questionable.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#54 » by DET_Athletics » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:56 pm

If the deal isn't Grant, COJO, Josh Jackson and 2 first for Simmons and Thybulle at the trade deadline with us having one of the worse records in the league, then I don't want it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,060

Post#55 » by Laimbeer » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:09 pm

Would Simmons be any happier as part of a rebuild in Detroit? And wouldn't the Sixers want a point guard? I mean a good one, not CoJo.

But if Simmons wants to come and the Sixers accept Grant as the centerpiece (neither seems likely to me) I think you have to do it. KO would match salaries.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#56 » by Snakebites » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:21 pm

Our inability to deal firsts makes a move harder too. Which I’m okay with in this case.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#57 » by Sort » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:28 pm

I wish Ben Simmons was cooler to think about as a Piston. Then this thread would at least be fun. Probably pointless, but at least entertaining.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#58 » by Kilo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:34 pm

Snakebites wrote:Our inability to deal firsts makes a move harder too. Which I’m okay with in this case.

It's not that much of a problem as long as they were pick swaps. Which is as far as I would go in including Piston first rounders if Grant and Bey were involved.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#59 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:31 am

Maybe there was some chatter before the season.

Grant has not looked good. Simmons is a tier above Grant normally - two tiers above this year's version.

Just thinking of good PF in in the league similar to Grant - Tobias Harris, Randle, Sabonis, Collins, etc - Id rather have any of those players instead of Grant.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#60 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:33 am

Pretty sure we could still trade our protections on the pick. So you could offer a 1-16 to them kinda thing or maybe I'm wrong (not that I want too)

Return to Detroit Pistons