ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#641 » by Commodor » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:02 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Commodor wrote:If GSW is desperate for a mediocre center who can block shots Bismack Biyombo is available.

For me it's either get a mediocre center who can block shots or do nothing.What make JaVale the best shot blocking Medicre center for the Warriors is his famiarity with playing with sone of our guys and familiarity with our system. Also my eyes and per minute stats say JaVale may be a bit better than medicre if you ignore him not playing a lot of minutes.

Sure try to swindle an all star out of some team but is that likely to happen? If we can steal Towns because of Ben Simmons then great.

If we have a weakness, I think it is rim protection unless Wiseman can change that.

If Klay returns at 90% we have our second option and Wiggins and Poole are good 3rd and 4th options. I am not to worried about offense.

Warriors are playing crisp ball, above their talent level. Thank you Steve Kerr and Draymond. And thank Curry for warping defenses.
Is a shot blocker too much to ask for? Actually we have some kid in Santa Cruz who can block shots but maybe that is all he can do and he is not on the Warriors Roster.

Honestly I do not know what you are rambling about.

You want a rim protector? Fine.

Just stop trying to convince me that we should give our division rival, who just went to the finals, a top 7 pick who's talent was considered a steal, in a deep draft, AND lightly protected 1st, for a guy we could have just used our MLE on but decided he was not worth it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#642 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:11 am

Kerr didnt play Javale and we watched him walk. Its over
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#643 » by watch1958 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:29 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Commodor wrote:If GSW is desperate for a mediocre center who can block shots Bismack Biyombo is available.

For me it's either get a mediocre center who can block shots or do nothing.What make JaVale the best shot blocking Medicre center for the Warriors is his famiarity with playing with sone of our guys and familiarity with our system. Also my eyes and per minute stats say JaVale may be a bit better than medicre if you ignore him not playing a lot of minutes.

Sure try to swindle an all star out of some team but is that likely to happen? If we can steal Towns because of Ben Simmons then great.

If we have a weakness, I think it is rim protection unless Wiseman can change that.

If Klay returns at 90% we have our second option and Wiggins and Poole are good 3rd and 4th options. I am not to worried about offense.

Every trade for a big name involves Wiggins for salary. I value Wiggins. Wiggins fits. If Wiseman can play well this team is complete and probably should not make any trades.

Warriors are playing crisp ball, above their talent level. Thank you Steve Kerr and Draymond. And thank Curry for warping defenses.
Is a shot blocker too much to ask for? Actually we have some kid in Santa Cruz who can block shots but maybe that is all he can do and he is not on the Warriors Roster.

I sort of like signing Bismark Biyombo but who do we cut? If after a month of playing Wiseman still looks confused on defense signing Biyombo will sound even better to me.
Who do you cut?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#644 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:52 pm

Warriors fans regularly seem to overvalue McGee.

On the NBA front it's funny that the Sixers floated in the press Simmons for Harden :)
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#645 » by shazam_guy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:32 pm

Except for one year (2019 with the Lakers) that JaVale averaged 2 blocks a game, he's been hovering around a little over one per game for years.

Wiseman, in his confused and incomplete rookie year, averaged about one also (.9).

There's a reason that JaVale hasn't been a starting center for years, and it's probably the same reason that Kerr didn't play him much when he was here. Pachulia was much smarter and did a much better job of the actual inside work, blocking out, putting a body on people, etc. Not to mention that he could score occasionally on something other than lobs.

Wiseman can already do what JaVale does. Even if he can't do anything else, his size is going to protect the rim when he's playing again, and he can certainly catch lobs, too -- JaVale's other skill. There is literally no good reason to even think about trying to get McGee.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#646 » by Commodor » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:35 am

I could see Mcgee coming in if we dealt Wiseman and Looney for a big upgrade Sabonis or Turner-esque, which would then leave us thin at the position. But even then it would just be a depth move for minimal assets.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#647 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:06 pm

Commodor wrote:I could see Mcgee coming in if we dealt Wiseman and Looney for a big upgrade Sabonis or Turner-esque, which would then leave us thin at the position. But even then it would just be a depth move for minimal assets.

I love Sabonis, but I don't know that I would say Wiseman and Looney for Sabonis or Turner would be a BIG upgrade.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#648 » by a8bil » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:26 pm

LOL on Javale...JW will give us everything that you can expect of Javale...an occasional dunk, some shots altered or blocked and general cluelessness while on the floor. At least we can hope for JW to progress beyond that.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#649 » by wco81 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:34 pm

Javale's been playing well for the Suns, had a good game last night, scored more than Ayton.

Suns won't get rid of him. He's not making much and he's insurance for Ayton because of his contract status.

If they do move him, they won't trade them to the Warriors or probably any WC team.

Then again, Sarver is cheap so maybe there will be a buyout. But the Suns are playing very well -- 11 straight wins -- so they're not making changes.

Should be interesting matchups against them.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#650 » by HiRez » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:16 pm

I was thinking about the title of this thread, which is funny. But the crazy thing is right now we really don't even have any bad players. There's literally not one player I'm pining to get rid of. That's astounding. I can't remember that ever being the case, even when we were winning championships. There's always been an Anderson Varejao or Nick Young or Jordan Bell who would infuriate you on a nightly basis. This year even the likes of Chris Chiozza are making contributions.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#651 » by shazam_guy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Good point. We've lucked out/done our homework on this year's additions. Can you imagine trying to beat anyone last year, even Detroit, without Steph, Draymond, Klay, and two key subs?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#652 » by watch1958 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:11 pm

shazam_guy wrote:Good point. We've lucked out/done our homework on this year's additions. Can you imagine trying to beat anyone last year, even Detroit, without Steph, Draymond, Klay, and two key subs?
Yep. Remember the Toronto game last year without Steph & Draymond? -53
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,397

Post#653 » by gottamakeit » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:53 pm

A 1 for 1 trade, Wiseman for Kleber(3pt shooting and versatile defender), who says no ?
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Post#654 » by whatisacenter » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:18 pm

gottamakeit wrote:A 1 for 1 trade, Wiseman for Kleber(3pt shooting and versatile defender), who says no ?

Warriors...
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,742

Post#655 » by eminence » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:59 pm

I like Kleber, but I'd say no to that as well.

Seems directionally wrong for Dallas, though the value would be too good for them to pass up.
I bought a boat.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#656 » by and1GS » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:54 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
gottamakeit wrote:A 1 for 1 trade, Wiseman for Kleber(3pt shooting and versatile defender), who says no ?

Warriors...

I said no before I even read this suggestion.

It's cool to crap on Wiggins for the broader NBA, but I think folks are starting to see he has very real value to a title level team. Come free agency next year the book on him will 100% shift to 'must have 3, D and wtf even more!?' guy. Based on today's NBA salaries, he is a $20M per year guy. And that's without even realizing he's only 26 years old and will be entering his prime at his next contract.

The things we get annoyed with him about are the difference between him being a great starter and an all star - which is why I was so confused by the rhetoric on him last year.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#657 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:04 pm

and1GS wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Warriors...

It's cool to crap on Wiggins for the broader NBA, but I think folks are starting to see he has very real value to a title level team. Come free agency next year the book on him will 100% shift to 'must have 3, D and wtf even more!?' guy. Based on today's NBA salaries, he is a $20M per year guy. And that's without even realizing he's only 26 years old and will be entering his prime at his next contract.

The things we get annoyed with him about are the difference between him being a great starter and an all star - which is why I was so confused by the rhetoric on him last year.

(The trade idea - though laughably bad - was for Wiseman, not Wiggins.)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#658 » by Dom801e » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:37 pm

I love this team and can’t think of a single trade I would come close to making.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#659 » by and1GS » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:53 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
and1GS wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Warriors...

(The trade idea - though laughably bad - was for Wiseman, not Wiggins.)

Woops, well that's somehow even worse!
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#660 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:59 pm

Wiggins agent is going to be telling him, rightly, that he would be a "max level" player on a lesser team. The question is whether Wiggins likes winning and culture enough to take a discount to stay, and if not trade him when his value is at it's peak this offseason.

Return to Golden State Warriors