Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,967

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1081 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Absolute peak comedy. Abbott and Costello would be proud.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1082 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:22 am

Read on Twitter

Goddamn.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#1083 » by trwi7 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:57 am

Those prairie lands are **** brutal like 8 months out of the year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#1084 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:43 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Absolute peak comedy. Abbott and Costello would be proud.

This is assuredly fake click-bate for attention, especially considering the source, but I digress (and it was still hilarious).
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#1085 » by jute2003 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:32 pm

Well boys and girls....a couple months ago our friend Pachinko offered to work with me on designing and crafting a leather camera bag. I took him up on his offer and just recieved the bag today. All I have to say is Holy ****!!!

The craftsmanship is every bit as good as the pictures of his other projects would have you believe. He allowed me to choose all of the materials(with some guidance on what would work the best) and he came up with an awesome custom design. The bag is very much personalized and specialized which just makes it that much better.

The whole process was enjoyable and exciting and the fact that I already have the bag in my possession is mind blowing.

He is legit for sure.

The bag gets to go out on its maiden voyage tomorrow. We have a quick session in the afternoon that will be perfect for testing it out.

It's dark out already and the lighting in my house is poop. I will get some pictures and figure out how to post them someday though.
only a fan, only an opinion
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,643

Post#1086 » by emunney » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 am

Miami is not The Place To Be

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#1087 » by emunney » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:05 am

jute2003 wrote:Well boys and girls....a couple months ago our friend Pachinko offered to work with me on designing and crafting a leather camera bag. I took him up on his offer and just recieved the bag today. All I have to say is Holy ****!!!

The craftsmanship is every bit as good as the pictures of his other projects would have you believe. He allowed me to choose all of the materials(with some guidance on what would work the best) and he came up with an awesome custom design. The bag is very much personalized and specialized which just makes it that much better.

The whole process was enjoyable and exciting and the fact that I already have the bag in my possession is mind blowing.

He is legit for sure.

The bag gets to go out on its maiden voyage tomorrow. We have a quick session in the afternoon that will be perfect for testing it out.

It's dark out already and the lighting in my house is poop. I will get some pictures and figure out how to post them someday though.

I love this and the twist at the end that you don't know how to post pictures made it a masterpiece.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#1088 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:09 pm

emunney wrote:Miami is not The Place To Be

Read on Twitter

Those boats look like cars.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#1089 » by chonestown » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:25 am

Shawn is class, but he would have survived. I had it tied with the 10-7 final round. Please make ESJ-Bud happen.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1090 » by chonestown » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:28 am

Dammit, I feel for Shawn. Kenny just sold him out. Boxeo is the realest.

ETA: Oh, you figured him out at round 1. Okay, Terry.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#1091 » by ClassicJack » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:51 am

Think Porter has to fire his pops. He deserved the opportunity to see what happens if it goes 12.

I thought he was up before 10.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#1092 » by MoreTrife » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:42 pm

Looking for advice on chronic years old achilles tendinopathy. I know it's complicated. A few things:
After washing out of a basketball game 7 weeks ago because I was limping up and down the court (and then couldn't walk for two days), I got serious about rehab.
I've been doing 150-180 eccentric heel drops every day
Pain is steadily better doing eccentric stuff
At four weeks I tried to running, got 200m and realized pain still there.
I am pain free during the day. Pretty painful 5/10 in morning for 10 minutes or so until warm.
I can still tell *something* is there. It isn't right.

How will I know when I can try running again without setting myself back?
Feel free to PM. Thanks for any advice.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1093 » by chonestown » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:06 pm

ClassicJack wrote:Think Porter has to fire his pops. He deserved the opportunity to see what happens if it goes 12.

I thought he was up before 10.

Lot of close rounds, but the fight was on Shawn's terms. Tess and Bradley were both saying Porter was fighting a perfect fight and it was straight lunacy to hear Kenny afterwards.

I just have no idea what Porter's future is. He's 34, he'll have to work his way back up to contention and the clock is ticking fast. He's fought everybody worth mentioning save for Boots and he deserves a better ending than to be a gatekeeper guy for the next champ.

Props to Bud. He's the closest thing there is to Hagler and while "WAR" and the velvet were a nice homage by Porter, Bud's all-business, smell blood and finish it mien is a tribute extending beyond finery.

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#1094 » by Jez2983 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:20 pm

MoreTrife wrote:Looking for advice on chronic years old achilles tendinopathy. I know it's complicated. A few things:
After washing out of a basketball game 7 weeks ago because I was limping up and down the court (and then couldn't walk for two days), I got serious about rehab.
I am pain free during the day. Pretty painful 5/10 in morning for 10 minutes or so until warm.

The Alfredson (eccentric drop) has been somewhat superceded by heavy slow rehab. Have a look into seated and standing 3 sec concentric::3 sec eccentric contractions.

If it's insertional Achilles I'd avoid going into deficit (below step), if mid portion, go for it.

Looks like you've reduced pain, next build capacity, then when that's looking good (30kg+ each leg, 3-4*8 reps) then add some hopping.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#1095 » by MoreTrife » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:42 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:Looking for advice on chronic years old achilles tendinopathy. I know it's complicated. A few things:

The Alfredson (eccentric drop) has been somewhat superceded by heavy slow rehab. Have a look into seated and standing 3 sec concentric::3 sec eccentric contractions.

If it's insertional Achilles I'd avoid going into deficit (below step), if mid portion, go for it.

Looks like you've reduced pain, next build capacity, then when that's looking good (30kg+ each leg, 3-4*8 reps) then add some hopping.

Thanks for the reply Jez.

It's non-insertional. Could you explain what seated and standing contractions are?

If hopping without pain, maybe green light to light jogging?
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#1096 » by Jez2983 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:12 pm

MoreTrife wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Thanks for the reply Jez.

It's non-insertional. Could you explain what seated and standing contractions are?

If hopping without pain, maybe green light to light jogging?

Sorry, seated/standing calf raises. Could use a bar/weights on knee/shoulders respectively to build up the load, add weights. I'd look at 50 hops once every 2 days, initially on spot, then add fwd/back/side to side.

Its possible the tendon just isn't ready for the stretch-shortening of running yet, and needs some more gradual exposure. That's probably as much as I can provide without an actual assessment :lol:
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
emunney
RealGM

Post#1097 » by emunney » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:40 pm

This is **** all the way terrible

Read on Twitter
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1098 » by chonestown » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:30 am

chonestown wrote:I just have no idea what Porter's future is. He's 34, he'll have to work his way back up to contention and the clock is ticking fast. He's fought everybody worth mentioning save for Boots and he deserves a better ending than to be a gatekeeper guy for the next champ.

Porter announces retirement. His quote says it all:

I’ve given this sport a great deal, from the training to the competition, and more training. After you’ve fought everybody at the top, what more do you do? I’m not gonna be a gatekeeper. You look at the four losses and assume he could be a gatekeeper — nah, that’s not the life I want to live. I’ve never wanted to live the life of a fighter that fought into his 40s. We wanted to end this when I was 30. I’m 34, now’s the time.”

I'll miss him in the ring. Easy dude to root for.

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,075

Post#1099 » by FrieAaron » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 am

Just got a shelter in place notification and there are reports of someone trying to break into houses in the area. This is crazy.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1100 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:14 am

Not gonna post the video but it's absolutely horrifying.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks