Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1381 » by panthermark » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:11 am

Man, it sure feels good to talk about needing a "4th option role player", or maybe more BENCH scoring. I remember the days of wishing we had a #1 option for a team full of role players.....or begging for a 2nd option and/or ball handler and/or 3 point shooter to put next to Rose.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
holdenwait
Sixth Man
And1: 1,688

Post#1382 » by holdenwait » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:04 am

would love it so much if we ever made a move for Alperen Sengun, wouldn't even mind trading Vucevic for him and a 1st round pick today. energetic, smart big with ton of upside who can rebound, pass well and shoot the 3 already decently enough for a teenager rookie.

nevermind me, just dreamin'
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#1383 » by Jcool0 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:56 am

nomorezorro wrote:they absolutely could use a fourth creator because our bench offense basically hinges on derozan making 60% of his midrange shots and energy guys willing extra opportunities into existence.

grant was a fourth option in denver, if that. the overwhelming majority of his shots were assisted and he put up a 59.1% true shooting percentage while shooting 39% on threes. he's fallen off a cliff as a lead option in detroit after a hot start last season, but i don't see why he couldn't slot right back into that 3/d/energy wing role he's operated in for most of his career. and, in theory, the time he's spent in detroit would make him more comfortable stepping up when one of our big three is having an off night (or just feasting on second units alongside derozan)

1. Grant was not good in Denver.

2. You aren't getting him for nothing

3. He doesn't give you what the Bulls need.

4. Bulls aren't paying a 4th option 20 million.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#1384 » by nomorezorro » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:51 am

1. yes he was.
2. yes i am
3. yes he does.
4. yes they are.

bam, case closed
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#1385 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:03 am

sco wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:Trade the Pat/Coby package with salary filler for Jerami Grant.

Go all in for a title for the next 2 years. If it goes bust, he expires at the same time as Vuc so we can retool.

I think that team could do some serious damage in the East and go toe to toe with Milwaukee.

Looking towards the playoffs we have a serious liability in the fact that we don't have anybody who matches up with Giannis. Or even bigger wings like Tatum. That problem gets solved immediately.

A) No way we get Grant for any package including a White/Pat. For the same reason we want to include them.

B) I'm still of the mind that adding high utilization guys like Grant, Wood, etc. isn't going to help as much as a couple of role players. IMO, we need another competent big body big off the bench and someone to be Coby insurance in case he can't get his sh*t together this season.

You're overvaluing Grant in terms of trade value, he's a high level role player who isn't going to return much more than Coby/Pat. Especially because his stats are inflated as the "star" of a team where he can shoot the ball 20 times a game.

We're talking about a guy who has never made an all-star team, all-NBA team, all-defensive team, and the list goes on. To act like he's some kind of unattainable asset is really off base.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#1386 » by nomorezorro » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:52 am

yeah, i was going to say earlier that one thing to consider about grant is that he might be one of the most attainable targets if he keeps up his current level of play. at a certain point detroit might just be happy with a salary dump and lottery ticket

but then you have to ask yourself “do i wanna give up on a prospect like pat for a player like that?”
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#1387 » by BullChit » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:43 am

nomorezorro wrote:yeah, i was going to say earlier that one thing to consider about grant is that he might be one of the most attainable targets if he keeps up his current level of play. at a certain point detroit might just be happy with a salary dump and lottery ticket

but then you have to ask yourself “do i wanna give up on a prospect like pat for a player like that?”

If something like that was on the table I really think to myself "I'm glad I'm not AK"

You probably wouldn't blame him for making either decision.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#1388 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm

I'd like to buzz around and see what the deal is for Thomas Bryant. I know he'll be coming off an injury, but his skill set would solidify a lot of what we need.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1389 » by sco » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:36 pm

bullsnewdynasty wrote:
sco wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:Trade the Pat/Coby package with salary filler for Jerami Grant.

Go all in for a title for the next 2 years. If it goes bust, he expires at the same time as Vuc so we can retool.

I think that team could do some serious damage in the East and go toe to toe with Milwaukee.

Looking towards the playoffs we have a serious liability in the fact that we don't have anybody who matches up with Giannis. Or even bigger wings like Tatum. That problem gets solved immediately.

A) No way we get Grant for any package including a White/Pat. For the same reason we want to include them.

B) I'm still of the mind that adding high utilization guys like Grant, Wood, etc. isn't going to help as much as a couple of role players. IMO, we need another competent big body big off the bench and someone to be Coby insurance in case he can't get his sh*t together this season.

You're overvaluing Grant in terms of trade value, he's a high level role player who isn't going to return much more than Coby/Pat. Especially because his stats are inflated as the "star" of a team where he can shoot the ball 20 times a game.

We're talking about a guy who has never made an all-star team, all-NBA team, all-defensive team, and the list goes on. To act like he's some kind of unattainable asset is really off base.

I will flip your comment to say that you are overvaluing our guys. Pat probably has some value, but I'm doubting he nets us Grant by himself, as Coby's value is in the toilet right now. If Pat were healthy and Coby was the best version of himself, I might think differently, but I would be against both of those things changing before the deadline.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#1390 » by ChettheJet » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:14 pm

The first team to enter the trade market has arrived.

SAC fires Walton and Alvin Gentry takes over.

A team fires the coach to put the players on notice. Management isn't satisfied, coach is gone and anybody who doesn't get in line and play for the team is going to be on the next bus out of town.

So look at who the Bulls could get from SAC for cheap or who could really use. I wouldn't give more than a 2nd round pick for Bagely, if he wants to play he would be a big help, if he's a head case you don't want to bother. Tristan Thompson if bought out would be a good addition.
sco
RealGM

Post#1391 » by sco » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:44 pm

ChettheJet wrote:The first team to enter the trade market has arrived.

SAC fires Walton and Alvin Gentry takes over.

A team fires the coach to put the players on notice. Management isn't satisfied, coach is gone and anybody who doesn't get in line and play for the team is going to be on the next bus out of town.

So look at who the Bulls could get from SAC for cheap or who could really use. I wouldn't give more than a 2nd round pick for Bagely, if he wants to play he would be a big help, if he's a head case you don't want to bother. Tristan Thompson if bought out would be a good addition.

Sacto should be trading for Simmons, which may free them up a PF to trade.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#1392 » by bullsnewdynasty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 am

sco wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:
sco wrote:A) No way we get Grant for any package including a White/Pat. For the same reason we want to include them.

I will flip your comment to say that you are overvaluing our guys. Pat probably has some value, but I'm doubting he nets us Grant by himself, as Coby's value is in the toilet right now. If Pat were healthy and Coby was the best version of himself, I might think differently, but I would be against both of those things changing before the deadline.

Yeah, I would say a 20 year old top 5 pick "probably" has trade value.

Might even be overvaluing Grant honestly. The guy was viewed as a decent role player before he went to the Pistons. Start force feeding the guy the ball and all of the sudden he has star trade value at $20 M? Doesn't make a lot of sense.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#1393 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:36 am

I would give up a lot for Wood (e.g. Patrick, Coby, FRP). That dude is legit. I don’t see why Houston would give him up though, they’re rebuilding and he could and or is a big piece of that
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1394 » by StunnerKO » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Ewwww
StephenAA
Senior
And1: 196

Post#1395 » by StephenAA » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:09 pm

nomorezorro wrote:1. yes he was.
2. yes i am
3. yes he does.
4. yes they are.

bam, case closed

sco
RealGM

Post#1396 » by sco » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:07 pm

Dragic seems to not be in TOR's rotation. I wonder if there's a deal that works for TOR and $-wise?
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#1397 » by Bulls2021 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:24 pm

sco wrote:Dragic seems to not be in TOR's rotation. I wonder if there's a deal that works for TOR and $-wise?

I guess I wouldn't mind him, but do we need.him? This team is guard heavy. It is a strong point. Assets and expiring contracts should be used on a PF/C, imo.
sco
RealGM

Post#1398 » by sco » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:56 pm

Bulls2021 wrote:
sco wrote:Dragic seems to not be in TOR's rotation. I wonder if there's a deal that works for TOR and $-wise?

I guess I wouldn't mind him, but do we need.him? This team is guard heavy. It is a strong point. Assets and expiring contracts should be used on a PF/C, imo.

Don't disagree on the PF point, but I think we need a reliable offensively capable vet guard for playoffs as "Coby insurance".
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#1399 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:48 pm

nomorezorro wrote:
bam, case closed

yeah, i was going to say earlier that one thing to consider about grant is that he might be one of the most attainable targets if he keeps up his current level of play. at a certain point detroit might just be happy with a salary dump and lottery ticket

From now on you can say Adebayo, case closed lol.

Here is the thing with Detroit and trading Grant, His money really isn't a problem for them because they re all rookie contracts right now for the most part. In a way Pat its worse because then all those guys start needing to get paid at the same time and that creates other issues down the road. They are almost better staggering the money and keeping the vet presence on the team for now. That being said I wouldn't mind getting Grant at all he would make us better this year without a doubt.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1400 » by StunnerKO » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:13 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Chicago Bulls