Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Re: PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba 

Post#41 » by The Force. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:50 am

Solid win. Schedule eases up a bit with Indiana tomorrow then @Rockets, @Magic. But then gets tough again with the Heat, Hornets, Knicks, Nets, Nuggets.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#42 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:50 am

erlim wrote:Just want to give props to AKME for wasting NO FRIGGIN time building a sound team around/for Zach. Imagine if Kevin Love in his prime, AI, wolves Garnett, etc, etc got Vuce, DDR, Lonzo, Caruso leveled players plopped on their roster over a season. Even Kobe benefitted from some typical Laker monster robbery BS trades to get prime Gasol. And Zach isn’t anywhere NEAR as talented or attractive of a teammate or centerpiece as those guys in their prime.

GarLax would have gotten hi Franz Wagner and told us about Carter’s development.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#43 » by coldfish » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 am

FriedRise wrote:The free throw disparity evened out a little there (31 to 27). We go to the line a ton in the 4th quarter, DeMar specifically. It’s been a real luxury having a calming presence like that who can keep the game from getting out of control.

Coby + Vooch (soon) being back will be so huge to our offense man.

I have to ask for someone who knows: Is there some financial incentive for gamblers to keep the game close to the line? Like, does it attract money on both sides during the game to ensure that the house wins? That felt like the refs were trying to keep the score close up until about 3 to 5 minutes to go and then the game got called more honestly.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#44 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#45 » by CBS7 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
CBS7 wrote:
kodo wrote:Win or lose I hate micro-ball. This stuff isn’t going to work through 1 round of the playoffs.

When Jokic returns it likely won't be an issue. We haven't really seen much of DJJ and Jokic together yet either.

If only it were Jokic. (our Nikola is of the Vucevic variety haha)

Oops lol
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#46 » by sco » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:52 am

Sure it was a B2B for the Knicks, but Walker and Noel were rested. We won because we made our 3's and kept them inefficient from 3. Our defense was tough.

Gotta start with Coby. He started out looking like trash, but he had his "Vuc" moment and the ball started falling. I've been critical, and am happy to see the kid find some momentum. Keep it going Coby!

Derozan is so money. Skill and BBIQ. 31/5/5/2/1 stat line, made both 3's, going 9-9 at the line and +21.

Zach was having an off night, but kudos to him for finally going hard to the rim in the 4th and getting to the line. He also did other stuff with 4 asts, 4 rb's, 1 stl, 1 bk.

Ball was impactful on both ends again tonight.

Caruso is so tough. Love that kid.

DJJ also did some good stuff out there tonight and made some heads-up plays.
:clap:
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#47 » by VolumePoster » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:53 am

If Coby and Vuc get integrated into this team, look out.
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#48 » by #1TKfan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:54 am

Coby is ready. Give him some more. Love what I'm seeing.
Feels like 96 to me.
Let history repeat itself.
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#49 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:54 am

This what I said in the Denver post game thread.

Rowland Garrett wrote:(About Coby)...what I liked was he was not being a timid kitten for the first time, and that is good. I felt they kept him in to help him get up to speed, The rust is still there. I think his time was productive with the long term in mind. He will settle down and I think we will see the Coby from the final games last season where he is fearless yet meditating his mantra of "Do not turn it over."

He was playing hard, but hurting them. But that will change.

I think the start of the game was similar with Tony Bradley. They were emphasizing him too much but it was to boost his confidence. Even though it was detrimental to the team I hope it pays off.

One could say even a blind nut can get it right sometimes.

That's all I'll say here. Will venture over the Coby thread for more later.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,788

Post#50 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 am

VolumePoster wrote:If Coby and Vuc get integrated into this team, look out.

Only a matter of time. Coby in pure scoring role getting a lots of catch and shoots 3s is the perfect role for him. Vuc was starting to figure it out before COVID struck.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#51 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:56 am

umfan83 wrote:What I love is that clearly the Knicks size is not a good matchup at all for us, but we still won anyways.

Yeah, around the time when the Knicks when on a run and we were down, 74-68, I figured we would only lose if we didn't play harder. The Bulls kinda know they're the better team nowadays.

So right around there, they started playing harder and regathered control of the game. I never worried about the loss.

We're just, better, since the the west coast trip stretch.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,232

Post#52 » by Dan Z » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:57 am

A few days ago someone suggested that Coby should be sent to the G League to get his rhythm back. I thought it was a good idea.

I was wrong. Nice to see Coby have a good game today.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#53 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:57 am

VolumePoster wrote:If Coby and Vuc get integrated into this team, look out.

It’s nuts that we’re 1st seed missing all these key pieces, playing 6’4/6’5 guys at center, and AFTER going through this hellish circus trip.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,788

Post#54 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 am

Again Derozan with an elite offensive performance. We have gotten so used to it that isn’t even mentioned.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#55 » by chifan1798 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 am

Nice win…it was mucked up with the terrible reffing though. NY was going to the line for everything, and then they barely called the whistle on our end. It became more even in the end, because the Knicks had to purposely foul.

Glad to see Coby having a good game. I know many people were down on him, but if he can get going, and provide a scoring punch off, the bench, then that would be perfect. That is what we were all saying last year….he belongs on the bench, as a microwave scorer. Nice seeing his teammates giving him a Gatorade bath for his comeback game.
WookieOnRitalin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 270

Post#56 » by WookieOnRitalin » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 am

Got to give credit where credit is due.

Bulls managed to go 6-2 through a tough stretch including 4 wins without Vuc and honestly should have been 7 if not for Zach clanking at the end of the Portland game. This team is legit and I think the league is going to start taking notice. Bulls should be able to run the next three games against IND, ORL, and HOU setting up a nice match up with the Heat next week. It will be on the backside of a back to back, but at least it will be at home. Though, the Heat will have been rested for two days coming into that game.

Walking into that game with the Heat at 15-5 is not something most fans (including myself) would have expected at the start of the season.

But if we can still find ways to win with Zach clanking and no Vuc, then that is something else. DDR truly is a difference maker.
"As you think, so shall you become." --- Bruce Lee
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#57 » by logical_art » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 am

How are people liking Caruso with the starters? Personally I hope they put him back on the bench and start Green or DJJ. I think Billy started him to address their slow starts, but I like him wreaking havoc on second unit offense and getting that unit easy offense in transition more. I'd prefer to start Green, but either him or DJJ would be ok.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,885

Post#58 » by nomorezorro » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 am

i want vucevic back asap, but a part of me is curious how many games we could win playing smallball while still having people fret about how this smallball crap can’t work for much longer
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#59 » by Bulls2021 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 am

Love Caruso, but he needs to stop being an absolute bum on offense.
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 911

Post#60 » by RagingBull316 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:02 am

coldfish wrote:
FriedRise wrote:The free throw disparity evened out a little there (31 to 27). We go to the line a ton in the 4th quarter, DeMar specifically. It’s been a real luxury having a calming presence like that who can keep the game from getting out of control.

Coby + Vooch (soon) being back will be so huge to our offense man.

I have to ask for someone who knows: Is there some financial incentive for gamblers to keep the game close to the line? Like, does it attract money on both sides during the game to ensure that the house wins? That felt like the refs were trying to keep the score close up until about 3 to 5 minutes to go and then the game got called more honestly.
I have been saying it since sports gambling became legal and the NBA wanted a cut. They need some sort of third party or government oversight of officiating in all the major sports.

There is too much money at play and it is too easy for officials to control a game.

The NBA needs alot more transparency then the last 2 minute report. They need to be releasing full game reports AND have those reports checked over by a third party with all results posted online.

Much like horse racing all game results shouldn't be considered final until the review is complete. If there are too many suspicious missed calls, they shouldn't be paying out.

Return to Chicago Bulls