Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Re: PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba 

Post#61 » by VolumePoster » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:02 am

FriedRise wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:If Coby and Vuc get integrated into this team, look out.

It’s nuts that we’re 1st seed missing all these key pieces, playing 6’4/6’5 guys at center, and AFTER going through this hellish circus trip.

They've just got a ridiculously talented bench and serious scoring power. A lot of good chemistry. We are going to struggle with elite size, sure. But there's just so much shooting, speed and skill out there.

Very curious to see Coby's arc this season. Does he find a role? Does his defensive intensity rise to the level of the bench players around him?

This is the most fun Bulls season since the Rose MVP season.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,048

Post#62 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:03 am

coldfish wrote:
FriedRise wrote:The free throw disparity evened out a little there (31 to 27). We go to the line a ton in the 4th quarter, DeMar specifically. It’s been a real luxury having a calming presence like that who can keep the game from getting out of control.

Coby + Vooch (soon) being back will be so huge to our offense man.

I have to ask for someone who knows: Is there some financial incentive for gamblers to keep the game close to the line? Like, does it attract money on both sides during the game to ensure that the house wins? That felt like the refs were trying to keep the score close up until about 3 to 5 minutes to go and then the game got called more honestly.

I don’t gamble so I don’t know, but it sure feels that way. At first I thought it’s because we were playing away, but then it happened again tonight.

If it weren’t for the refs, a few of these games would’ve been a blowout by halftime, but obviously it’s harder to control the outcome of the game when one team has a 30-point lead halfway through.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#63 » by Chi town » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:04 am

Once Coby and Vuc get all the rust off we will be the best team in the East.

Can’t wait to play the Heat.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#64 » by Dan Z » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:Again Derozan with an elite offensive performance. We have gotten so used to it that isn’t even mentioned.

Hey I thought he was suppose to be a terrible signing. What's up with that? haha!
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#65 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 am

coldfish wrote:That was a seriously terrible game to watch. The refereeing was awful on a level that you rarely see. On multiple occasions the refs waited to see if the ball went in before they called a foul. Sometimes touch fouls were called, other times people got hammered. At one point, Burks figured out that they weren't calling much on the Knicks and he was just slapping Zach's arms.

The line was -5 on Chicago. I don't know enough about gambling to understand if betting organizations have reason to keep it close or not but I'm starting to really wonder if the NBA and gambling have gotten too cozy. Watching that was . . . unpleasant. I really have no desire to follow something that I believe is fixed.

I agree with you about the refs. But I'm going to chalk it up to a bad job on a bad night. Not gambling. (Gawd I hope not.)

I did love the game, Not a Showtime Lakers thing of beauty, but a grimy team that can also do the Showtime Lakers thing some times.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#66 » by Red8911 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 am

I said this last time they played each other and I’ll say it again the Bulls look like they are the better team. We will see them again soon in MSG and hopefully beat their asses again! Fk the Knicks!
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by VolumePoster » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 am

You start to wonder: what do they really need to be championship level? They're obviously very good already, and playing at an elite, or nearly-elite level. Size and toughness down low, I suppose - a Draymond Green type, not that there are many of them.

Honestly I'm just appreciating it. It's so refreshing to be watching players that are excited to play for and with each other, particularly as it follows the brainless suck & mope fest of the last few years.

Can there be any doubt that AKME is executive of the year?
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#68 » by bad knees » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 am

Going up against a Thibs team, it’s always going to be grimy. Bulls hung in there and it was nice to see Coby come through like he did. Microball can make you pull your hair out, but there’s so much to be gained by it at the same time. I can get used to it if it helps us win, as it clearly is doing.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#69 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:13 am

Bulls2021 wrote:Love Caruso, but he needs to stop being an absolute bum on offense.

To a big point yes. But he does so many great things out there defensively that we can forgive him for it - for now.

Im curious to see what Billy does once Vooch comes back. Does he still run Caruso as the starter.
The Cult of Personality
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,037

Post#70 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:13 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Glad to have him back

The Bulls have 4 scorers 8-)
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Post#71 » by Jimako10 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 am

coldfish wrote:
FriedRise wrote:The free throw disparity evened out a little there (31 to 27). We go to the line a ton in the 4th quarter, DeMar specifically. It’s been a real luxury having a calming presence like that who can keep the game from getting out of control.

Coby + Vooch (soon) being back will be so huge to our offense man.

I have to ask for someone who knows: Is there some financial incentive for gamblers to keep the game close to the line? Like, does it attract money on both sides during the game to ensure that the house wins? That felt like the refs were trying to keep the score close up until about 3 to 5 minutes to go and then the game got called more honestly.

IMO the financial incentive is on the NBA side. If the refs keep it close to the line (or total), it keeps gamblers engaged and therefore more eyeballs on their programming.
Rowland Garrett
Senior

Post#72 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 am

Dan Z wrote:A few days ago someone suggested that Coby should be sent to the G League to get his rhythm back. I thought it was a good idea.

I was wrong. Nice to see Coby have a good game today.

If Coby had been sent to the G league, we probably lose.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by VolumePoster » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Bulls2021 wrote:Love Caruso, but he needs to stop being an absolute bum on offense.

To a big point yes. But he does so many great things out there defensively that we can forgive him for it - for now.

Im curious to see what Billy does once Vooch comes back. Does he still run Caruso as the starter.

I hope not. He's a game changer off the bench.

Ball/Zach/DDR/DJJ/Vuc

Caruso/Ayo/Coby/Devonte/Bradley

A minutes crunch is coming for sure.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#74 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:19 am

Red8911 wrote:I said this last time they played each other and I’ll say it again the Bulls look like they are the better team. We will see them again soon in MSG and hopefully beat their asses again! Fk the Knicks!

The Bulls were the better team in both meetings, difference is the Bulls didn’t kniw it yet until the 4th quarter of that first meeting. That loss and comeback was the moment I thought this team is better than I thought. It’s always going to be grimy playing the Knicks especially with a Thibs team. We are very similar teams in terms of attitude too. Knicks front court is much deeper without a doubt. We can take them though I am sure of that. We are a tough answer for any team with both DDR and LaVine, and that doesn’t even call into Vuc, Ball and maybe White being able to score big in any given situation. Heart, hustle and a good culture with enough talent spread around. We will be a tough out for most every team. Yeah I think Milwaukee and Miami best us in a series, but they kniw they will have been in a fight.
Rowland Garrett
Senior

Post#75 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:20 am

SERIOUSLY?

Come on man.

Please tell me this wasn't serious.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#76 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:21 am

Rowland Garrett wrote:
Dan Z wrote:A few days ago someone suggested that Coby should be sent to the G League to get his rhythm back. I thought it was a good idea.

I was wrong. Nice to see Coby have a good game today.

If Coby had been sent to the G league, we probably lose.

He needs to learn this team. The G league experience doesn’t quicken that process. Also this kid has always been a gunner, he never needed a green light to chuck up shots. He just needs to know when it is appropriate to do so. He can score in the NBA he has proven that. He just needs to learn how to do it efficiently and that comes from playing with other efficient players.
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,961

Post#77 » by Bulliever2020 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 am

Well that should silence the faction that wanted to sit Coby down and give him no PT.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#78 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:24 am

One thing about Coby, he always looks so lost when he checks into the game. He just has that look. After AC fouled out he is walking out there looking confused. It’s just his expression. DDR is the opposite, he has a look on his face like he sees everything. You just have more faith in his look lol.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,015

Post#79 » by jordanwilliams6 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:28 am

:evil:
VolumePoster wrote:You start to wonder: what do they really need to be championship level? They're obviously very good already, and playing at an elite, or nearly-elite level. Size and toughness down low, I suppose - a Draymond Green type, not that there are many of them.

Honestly I'm just appreciating it. It's so refreshing to be watching players that are excited to play for and with each other, particularly as it follows the brainless suck & mope fest of the last few years.

Can there be any doubt that AKME is executive of the year?

It’s astonishing when you think about. I’ve gone from thinking hey we’ll be a pretty good team to hey why can’t we win the championship? The roster isn’t 100% there yet but I see no reason why we can’t make 1 or 2 smart acquisitions around the trade deadline to address those weaknesses. We won’t be in the top handful of contenders but that’s not really a concern to me.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#80 » by logical_art » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:30 am

Michael Jackson wrote:One thing about Coby, he always looks so lost when he checks into the game. He just has that look. After AC fouled out he is walking out there looking confused. It’s just his expression. DDR is the opposite, he has a look on his face like he sees everything. You just have more faith in his look lol.

He's perpetually befuddled looking. He should be a character on Curb.

Return to Chicago Bulls