Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Re: PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba 

Post#81 » by VolumePoster » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:32 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote::evil:
VolumePoster wrote:You start to wonder: what do they really need to be championship level? They're obviously very good already, and playing at an elite, or nearly-elite level. Size and toughness down low, I suppose - a Draymond Green type, not that there are many of them.

Honestly I'm just appreciating it. It's so refreshing to be watching players that are excited to play for and with each other, particularly as it follows the brainless suck & mope fest of the last few years.

Can there be any doubt that AKME is executive of the year?

It’s astonishing when you think about. I’ve gone from thinking hey we’ll be a pretty good team to hey why can’t we win the championship? The roster isn’t 100% there yet but I see no reason why we can’t make 1 or 2 smart acquisitions around the trade deadline to address those weaknesses. We won’t be in the top handful of contenders but that’s not really a concern to me.

There's so much depth that we can afford to move a few players in a consolidation type trade. It's annoying because they've got so much chemistry you don't really want to change anything.

I wonder if they're waiting (A) to see how good they can be with Coby and Vuc playing (B) for the shoe to drop with respect to whatever punishment the league metes, given that draft picks will likely be involved.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#82 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:33 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Glad to have him back

The Bulls have 4 scorers 8-)

If Ball can find a midrange game and finish they could have 5. Ball is showing flashes, still an offseason away from it being “real” I think but yeah, he has the potential to be that guy.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#83 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 am

We thought it was gonna be a first time coach, AK got us Billy Donovan.
We thought they were gonna stand pat, AK got us Vucevic.
We thought they weren't gonna be able to make any more moves to improve this team, AK got us Lonzo, DeMar, Caruso, and a whole upgrade across the board.

If they can pinpoint one or two weaknesses that this team still has by the deadline, I have no doubt that AK is gonna deliver again. We're a big market baby!
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#84 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 am

VolumePoster wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote::evil:
VolumePoster wrote:You start to wonder: what do they really need to be championship level? They're obviously very good already, and playing at an elite, or nearly-elite level. Size and toughness down low, I suppose - a Draymond Green type, not that there are many of them.

Honestly I'm just appreciating it. It's so refreshing to be watching players that are excited to play for and with each other, particularly as it follows the brainless suck & mope fest of the last few years.

It’s astonishing when you think about. I’ve gone from thinking hey we’ll be a pretty good team to hey why can’t we win the championship? The roster isn’t 100% there yet but I see no reason why we can’t make 1 or 2 smart acquisitions around the trade deadline to address those weaknesses. We won’t be in the top handful of contenders but that’s not really a concern to me.

There's so much depth that we can afford to move a few players in a consolidation type trade. It's annoying because they've got so much chemistry you don't really want to change anything.

I wonder if they're waiting (A) to see how good they can be with Coby and Vuc playing (B) for the shoe to drop with respect to whatever punishment the league metes, given that draft picks will likely be involved.

I think a little of both with that and I have to believe that AK has in mind a couple guys and is waiting on availability. With Boylen, he didn’t just fire him and hire a new coach, he had a plan. Everyone was up in arms that Boylen wasn’t replaced and all the coaches would be gone. AK definitely has vision, and patience, but not the sit on your hands and do nothing type of patience Paxson did.
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#85 » by FecesOfDeath » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:37 am

The Knicks' offense was basically set a screen for Randle so that he's guarded by either Zach or Coby. Just Thibs being Thibs.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#86 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:42 am

Rowland Garrett wrote:
Bulls2021 wrote:Love Caruso, but he needs to stop being an absolute bum on offense.

SERIOUSLY?

Come on man.

Please tell me this wasn't serious.

Guys get SHOOK when they know they have Caruso on them, no matter how big they are.

Read on Twitter
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#87 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:43 am

Pretty ho hum coach interview.
Playing small can lead to foul trouble which happened tonight not usual on most nights for this team .
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#88 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:44 am

FecesOfDeath wrote:The Knicks' offense was basically set a screen for Randle so that he's guarded by either Zach or Coby. Just Thibs being Thibs.

Knicks fans hate Thibs substitutions. Well they will have to get used to it because Thibs is Thibs. I personally had a smile on my face when he didnt go back to Kemba.
The Cult of Personality
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#89 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:45 am

We have a team with the pieces that can make a run. We simply don't have that generational talent

We need that luck the Raptors got a few years back and the bucks got last year which is very possible. Right place right time we have the stars coaching and depth to make a run with the chips on our stars shoulders to make a run.

All we have to do is avoid giannis in the playoffs. Embiid kills us but we see how Philly shrinks in the playoffs. Nets without kyrie is not a huge threat. Outside of that we can clash with anyone.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,289

Post#90 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:46 am

I don't want to get ahead of myself. But outside of the front court size worries against teams like the Sixers or Bucks (Nuggets with healthy Joker in case we and they do get to the finals) - IDK if theres another team has the depth of talent on the perimeter that we do right now besides the Warriors of course in which case our size concerns are relatively moot.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#91 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:47 am

Caruso has been amazing on defense

He does need to pick up his offense.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#92 » by kodo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 am

logical_art wrote:How are people liking Caruso with the starters? Personally I hope they put him back on the bench and start Green or DJJ. I think Billy started him to address their slow starts, but I like him wreaking havoc on second unit offense and getting that unit easy offense in transition more. I'd prefer to start Green, but either him or DJJ would be ok.

He's always a huge positive on the floor, it's good to have him in the starting lineup but he picked up a lot of fouls fast trying to guard Randle, and didn't really slow him down from scoring at will either.

Going to be interesting vs Sabonis & Turner as well.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#93 » by Repeat 3-peat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 am

Missed the game but good to see Coby break out. Needs to keep it up.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#94 » by erlim » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:56 am

CBS7 wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:
CBS7 wrote:
When Jokic returns it likely won't be an issue. We haven't really seen much of DJJ and Jokic together yet either.

If only it were Jokic. (our Nikola is of the Vucevic variety haha)

Oops lol

You’re talking like we got Gibson’s Steakhouse when we got J Alexanders.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#95 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:00 am

FriedRise wrote:
Rowland Garrett wrote:
Bulls2021 wrote:Love Caruso, but he needs to stop being an absolute bum on offense.

SERIOUSLY?

Come on man.

Please tell me this wasn't serious.

Guys get SHOOK when they know they have Caruso on them, no matter how big they are.

Read on Twitter

Last game Ball gave Randle issues in the second half too. I’ll take good defense over just a big body.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,681

Post#96 » by madvillian » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:07 am

Happy to eat crow on White. He obviously has a role no the team because we desperately need bench shooting and scoring. He really just needs to catch and shoot and make wide open jumpers around 40%. Guys will get him the ball in his shooting pocket, this isn't last year's team there are plenty of weapons around him that he just needs to be the safety valve most times down.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,951

Post#97 » by Chi town » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:14 am

I think we will see BillyD shuffle between Ayo and Coby based on what we need.

I also think they will both get lots of mins due to so many blowout wins.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,374

Post#98 » by DuckIII » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:28 am

Jvaughn wrote:Like I said, I never doubted Coby for a minute :lol:

But in all seriousness, I was skeptical about sacrificing games for the sake of getting Coby up to speed, but he looked a lot better tonight. If that was the spark, and he keeps it up, we're really just one defensive big away from seriously contending.

Agreed on all points. And for most of this game Coby still looked bad, but at some point in the 3rd he started to move around differently, bouncier, like his old self. And then he played very well offensively and really changed the game.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#99 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:37 am

Answer: Whatever it takes to beat Steph Curry and that Warriors team.

The only game all season where we looked over-matched. Our defense can only make so many plays and force bad shots, but when the guy makes those crazy shots, I dunno.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#100 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:57 am

One of the few games I've actually been able to almost fully watch.

-DJJ as a 4/5 is not bad at all. Just can't have this guy handle the ball is all really. Like a 6'5 Tyson Chandler, LOL.
-Tony Bradley isn't bad either
-Alex Caruso is everything people thought they saw in Kirk Hinrich without any of the stats but 100x the impact
-Seeing Lonzo drive in more and looking for his offense --- that one midrange jumper he took was super-ugly looking though. What a QB he is though
-Demar and Zach --- I'm enjoying seeing Zach take it to the hoop a lot more. Demar --- never short on moves --- he's basically become D-Wade --- slowing the game for us when nothing's going right. Zach is Steph Curry-lite.
-Ayo's shot is not that bad
-Coby White!!!!! Hopefully being that extra punch of offense, just the game he needed.
-Julius Randle looks really annoying, probably more annoying than Embiid
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:

Return to Chicago Bulls