Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Re: PG: The Return of Coby White Mamba 

Post#121 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:11 pm

And that's all Coby has to do. What a cushy role.
imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#122 » by imagge » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:37 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Caruso has great D, but if he is an everyday starter , he can stand to get a lot better .

Not be just Keith bogans offensively

Actually with the offensive make up of this team a Keith Bogans is the role for AC…. Play defense and hit an open three
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#123 » by Ice Man » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:41 pm

We lose that game if Coby and Tony had played at their previous level. Sometimes the difference makers are stars, but sometimes they are simply role players who are doing their jobs properly.
Zeroday
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#124 » by Zeroday » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:11 pm

Ice Man wrote:We lose that game if Coby and Tony had played at their previous level. Sometimes the difference makers are stars, but sometimes they are simply role players who are doing their jobs properly.

100%. As happy as I am for coby I know he's gonna come out tonight and go 2/7 with a few stupid turnovers.

Guy has been wildly inconsistent thus far in his career. Hopefully he proves me wrong because come playoffs we are going to need his shooting on teams amp up the defense on zach/demar
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#125 » by fleet » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Mk0 wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Rowland Garrett wrote:SERIOUSLY?

Come on man.

Please tell me this wasn't serious.

Guys get SHOOK when they know they have Caruso on them, no matter how big they are.

Read on Twitter

Tag that NSFW. That sh#% is lewd!

Sexually explicit interpretation
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
DxC17
Junior
And1: 432

Post#126 » by DxC17 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:04 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
DxC17 wrote:Randle is one of the worst scoring matchups for us with Vuc back. Agile, big body tweeners who can bully their way to points are gonna give us fits with Pat down. Vuc can do an adequate job containing the true Cs like Embiid, Jokic, & AD, but lacks the lateral quickness to stay in front of someone like Randle. We don’t have anyone with quickness either that can body them up.

Aaron Gordon exposed this in the Denver game too.

Fortunately there aren’t too many guys built like that in the league right now, but one in particular is of significant concern & that would be Giannis. We don’t have anyone on the roster right now that can hope to slow him down.

In the East, Giannis, Randle, Siakam, Sabonis & Harrell are matchups I’m worried about (and of course KD but that goes without saying)

I mean, beside Giannis if your team losses to Siakam, Sabonis, Harrell in playoffs game let say, we can say Bulls arent very good. That means we didnt create advantage or took advantage of our backcourt or our center, both offense and defense and we let lower guys on totem pole to beat you.

I want to say it's innefficent to build a team to beat Siakam, Sabonis, Harrell. And it's even more harder to build a team with no weaknesses at all. It's something you need to live with it. Yes Bulls have weakness at PF, but we possibly have strenghts in matchups on other positions. Thing is AKME needs to evaluate this roster by trade deadline and see if there is deal to be struck around the league to improve PF position.

At some point micro ball will fail. It's a given.

Well yes, I would say you’re team isn’t very good if you’re getting by those guys. I’m just saying I don’t like the matchups, I don’t think any of those guys besides Giannis can beat us in a 7 game series but I expect them to give us some fits during regular season or playoff games. I didn’t say we are an inferior team because of it.
WookieOnRitalin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 270

Post#127 » by WookieOnRitalin » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:44 pm

I tell you what, Giannis is still my favorite player in the NBA and I still like Milwaukee even after the slow start. They are always going to be a handful as long as that young man keeps playing. He is just....amazing. He had another 30 and 20 night with 5 dimes, I think a few blocks and steals on top of it. That kid is everywhere and can truly do everything. What a nightmare. I love watching him on the court. It's just beautiful.

(I'll get a room in a second)

I do look forward to the matchup. Our perimeter play vs their interior play. We just have no answer for Giannis, so I'm imagining the only thing we can do is focus on trying to stop everyone else with our superior speed.

Our first matchup is Jan. 21st. That seems like forever away. Who knows what the division will look like at that point, but I imagine the two teams will be very tight.

What I have come to realize is this. With Zach and DDR, we have a chance to win every night. Then you add the steady hands of Caruso, Ball, and Vuc and you begin to understand how this team has a chance to win each night. It's been a long time since we as fans could say that. Barring significant injury, we are a tough out for anyone especially in the East.
"As you think, so shall you become." --- Bruce Lee
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#128 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:57 pm

I was like Imma open this post game thread and see a negative post first even tho we won....Never fail bullsgm lmao
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#129 » by Jvaughn » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Outside of Randle, the Knicks starters were horrid. Ball, Lavine, DeRozan did a really fantastic job against Fournier/Kemba/Barrett. When Kemb isn't playing like prime Ray Allen, the game is a lot easier.

As has been stated already, our lack of size is getting really old. While Lonzo and Caruso are amazing defenders, asking them to guard the ADs and Randles of the world is going to put a lot of wear on them, and we really need a fully healthy team by playoffs.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
mmmmmbeeer
Veteran
And1: 870

Post#130 » by mmmmmbeeer » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm

kodo wrote:Win or lose I hate micro-ball. This stuff isn’t going to work through 1 round of the playoffs.

Strongly disagree. The small lineups, especially when it's ZL, DDR, AC, LB/Ayo, and DJJ, absolutely have value. High energy, fast, aggressive defense. There's enough height and bounce in that lineup that, unless a dominant big is on the floor for the opponent, rebounds and the paint are handled rather effectively. I do agree that Billy needs to choose his spots wisely to roll that lineup out but, if I were you, I'd learn to embrace it because it's not going away anytime soon (even after Vuc returns).
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#131 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Small ball can def work and has been working. Many of the elite teams have def developed their own versions of small ball "death line ups" especially after the success of Golden state with their small ball line up. The nets have one, the warriors still have one, the bucks have one where giannis is playing the defacto center forward surrounded by shooters

I think the mistake some bulls fans make is believing we have to grab all these 7ft players in hope to match up with other teams. But I think doing that diminishes our advantages and we have a death line up as well that is difficult for other teams to defend and we have watched other teams create defensive line ups to match up with our small ball.

Lastly we are not getting killed on the glass nor points in the paint. And every team has holes and weaknesses. We don't need to cut off our noses to spite our faces. Unless the big makes sense we don't need to flip guys on the idea of getting bigger especially since size is not why we lost those 5 games.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#132 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:04 pm

I mean, when you're starting 2 MVP caliber players, 2 elite perimeter defenders, and Tony Bradley, yeah those numbers make sense!

Read on Twitter
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#133 » by TeamMan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Jvaughn wrote:Outside of Randle, the Knicks starters were horrid. Ball, Lavine, DeRozan did a really fantastic job against Fournier/Kemba/Barrett. When Kemb isn't playing like prime Ray Allen, the game is a lot easier.

As has been stated already, our lack of size is getting really old. While Lonzo and Caruso are amazing defenders, asking them to guard the ADs and Randles of the world is going to put a lot of wear on them, and we really need a fully healthy team by playoffs.

We'll have a better idea once Vuc gets back.

Tony Bradley's development also raises new possibilities for getting the two together in a twin-towers (High/Low Post) lineup.

Once Vuc gets his 3P shooting working again, It's something that could be surprisingly good for short periods of time.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#134 » by Jvaughn » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:22 pm

TeamMan wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:Outside of Randle, the Knicks starters were horrid. Ball, Lavine, DeRozan did a really fantastic job against Fournier/Kemba/Barrett. When Kemb isn't playing like prime Ray Allen, the game is a lot easier.

We'll have a better idea once Vuc gets back.

Tony Bradley's development also raises new possibilities for getting the two together in a twin-towers (High/Low Post) lineup.

Once Vuc gets his 3P shooting working again, It's something that could be surprisingly good for short periods of time.

The thing that we really need is that switchable 4. Doesn't have to be able to do any scoring whatsoever. Just defend and rebound. Honestly if DJJ was 6'8 and about 25lbs heavier, he'd be perfect. Does exactly what you need from that position.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,261

Post#135 » by Mk0 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:23 pm

beep beep > bing bong
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#136 » by Wingy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:01 pm

coldfish wrote:That was a seriously terrible game to watch. The refereeing was awful on a level that you rarely see. On multiple occasions the refs waited to see if the ball went in before they called a foul. Sometimes touch fouls were called, other times people got hammered. At one point, Burks figured out that they weren't calling much on the Knicks and he was just slapping Zach's arms.

The line was -5 on Chicago. I don't know enough about gambling to understand if betting organizations have reason to keep it close or not but I'm starting to really wonder if the NBA and gambling have gotten too cozy. Watching that was . . . unpleasant. I really have no desire to follow something that I believe is fixed.

I watched the game early this am, and completely avoided the board. I was thinking the same, that it was so damn bad it looked like they were reffing with the spread in mind.

Seems thread worthy, but don’t have time to start one. They addressed the Trae/Harden “fouls,” so maybe they’ll do something about this? W/o starting a thread, the Donaghy stuff looms. The league should be really transparent on its ref reviews, and even publish stats publicly just like they would points per game. Else yeah...none of us want WWE.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#137 » by Wingy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:05 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:And that's all Coby has to do. What a cushy role.

Seeing your post gave me the thought... is he now an NFL kicker? Expected to do one job, and you’re basically hero or zero based on getting it done or not.

Return to Chicago Bulls