Find OKC a Big Man

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Find OKC a Big Man 

Post#1 » by Dn4sty » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:24 am

OKC currently has a center rotation of Favors/Muscala and then goes small with Bazley/JRE.

They have zero rim protection and their pick and roll offense is terrible.

Ideally this player doesn’t destroy one more tank year, but also helps continue to develop the roster.

Everyone knows that have all the assets you could want and a huge amount of cap space.

So who is available?
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Re: Find OKC a Big Man 

Post#2 » by eminence » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:31 am

I'd be willing to do a deal that'd essentially be Wiseman for decent picks (I've tried to sneak in WCS to GS and Kenrich to Dallas as well to still give GS a big C option of their own). Obviously a look to the future for OKC and not a guy to help other young guys develop now.
I bought a boat.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#3 » by Dn4sty » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:40 am

eminence wrote:I'd be willing to do a deal that'd essentially be Wiseman for decent picks (I've tried to sneak in WCS to GS and Kenrich to Dallas as well to still give GS a big C option of their own). Obviously a look to the future for OKC and not a guy to help other young guys develop now.

How healthy is Wiseman? Will he be able to play this year?
eminence
RealGM

Post#4 » by eminence » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:47 am

Dn4sty wrote:
eminence wrote:I'd be willing to do a deal that'd essentially be Wiseman for decent picks (I've tried to sneak in WCS to GS and Kenrich to Dallas as well to still give GS a big C option of their own). Obviously a look to the future for OKC and not a guy to help other young guys develop now.

How healthy is Wiseman? Will he be able to play this year?

He's doing limited practices, but not back to 5 on 5 yet. I think he's supposed to be back in early December.
I bought a boat.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,790

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:06 am

This is somewhat by design as you know, they want to lose games and draft a big in the top 5. But I wouldn’t mind seeing a developmental guy like Wiseman in case.

I still don’t mind something around Favors for Powell, because he’s such a strong pick and roll guy.

What’s the deal with Saric these days? Favors, Deck (ung) for Saric, Jalen Smith
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#6 » by Dn4sty » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:11 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:This is somewhat by design as you know, they want to lose games and draft a big in the top 5. But I wouldn’t mind seeing a developmental guy like Wiseman in case.

I still don’t mind something around Favors for Powell, because he’s such a strong pick and roll guy.

What’s the deal with Saric these days? Favors, Deck (ung) for Saric, Jalen Smith

I think you further unlock/develop SGA/Giddey and essentially the rest of the roster with a semi competent big man. I also don’t know if that player significantly changes the win/loss record in any meaningful way
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,201

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:17 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:This is somewhat by design as you know, they want to lose games and draft a big in the top 5. But I wouldn’t mind seeing a developmental guy like Wiseman in case.

isnt saric out for the year after acl injury
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:19 am

Godaddycurse wrote:

isnt saric out for the year after acl injury

Yes but I have OKC rehabbing him (hence the value) and flipping him in the off-season. I was wondering if we’d gotten an update on how the recovery was going.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:21 am

Dn4sty wrote:

I think you further unlock/develop SGA/Giddey and essentially the rest of the roster with a semi competent big man. I also don’t know if that player significantly changes the win/loss record in any meaningful way

I agree. That’s why I like the Powell idea. Maybe Favors for Powell, then Roby, Deck, X for Jaxson Hayes.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Post#10 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am

I like Bamba for the Thunder .. I'm not sure what it takes ... some 1 afternoon ...? Also some K. Williams / Favors for Claxton / Carter ..?
1+1=11
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#11 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:30 am

wiseman for dort seems fair. no picks.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,045

Post#12 » by The-Power » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:32 pm

I know that you want to trade Wiseman already and we disagree on that in principle already, but what's the point of making a deal that doesn't make us better this year?
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,074

Post#13 » by tcheco » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:58 pm

Sengun for the Detroit protected first? :-D
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#14 » by TGW » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:57 pm

tcheco wrote:Sengun for the Detroit protected first? :-D

That would be awesome for the Thunder. Sengun would thrive in OKC.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
eminence
RealGM

Post#15 » by eminence » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:03 pm

The-Power wrote:

I know that you want to trade Wiseman already and we disagree on that in principle already, but what's the point of making a deal that doesn't make us better this year?

A) I think not having to introduce Wiseman into the rotation probably does make us better this year. Team is playing spectacularly currently, why fiddle with it by introducing a young big who was (unsurprisingly) not even close to ready for primetime last season?

B) It hopefully makes us better in the future when we can pick up some new prospects around the young Poole/Moody/Kuminga core (who probably won't all be core, but I can hope) instead of having a fairly high paid big that's been underdeveloped to that point (in terms of playtime) who is himself no sure thing. There's a danger we're currently on pace to have to pay Wiseman before we really know who he is, which is not great.

C) Obviously if coaches in practice have strong opinions on his development one way or the other that should lead the way, I can only go off what I saw in games last season at this point.

D) My general feeling on Wiseman and his value as a prospect - I currently value Wiseman as approximately worth a ~8 pick (depending on draft). Lots of impressive physical attributes, some hopeful level of baseline skill, but awareness in general seems like a negative, and if the skill level doesn't ever take a jump it'll only distract from what he should be doing on the court.
I bought a boat.
eminence
RealGM

Post#16 » by eminence » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:04 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:

wiseman for dort seems fair. no picks.

My first instinct is it'd need a late first from OKC to get GS ownership to bite. I like Dort a lot though and I'd do it as is.
I bought a boat.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,560

Post#17 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:11 pm

Wiseman is obvious choice. He isn't going to help win games this year for OKC but should be ready for 2022-23 to start making an impact. The Warriors Im sure would welcome the tax relief/open roster/traded player exemption asset as long as OKC provides pick compensation. I think it would take 2 1sts (2023 and 2025) from OKC to get it done.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,807

Post#18 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Wiseman cant set a screen to save his life, I dont think he is a good long term fit next to Giddey.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,568

Post#19 » by Colbinii » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:27 pm

tcheco wrote:Sengun for the Detroit protected first? :-D

Sengun for an unprotected 2022 OKC 1st
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,458

Post#20 » by GoBobs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:34 pm

Why not bring in biyombo for nothing?

Return to Trades and Transactions