Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Re: PG Orlando: Bucks Cruise to 4th Straight 

Post#21 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#22 » by DrWood » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:10 am

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Pat's now shooting 40% from 3 on 7 attempts a game. It's been really fun to see him go from 9th-11th guy earlier in his Bucks career to a genuine starter-level 2. The fact we have him on a bargain contract that everyone hated when it was signed makes it that much sweeter.

The increase in 3% is great. But he's always been a 7th or 8th guy for the bucks before this year.
And the thing about the contract is that they F-ed it up, originally. And then added a year and lots of money.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:17 am

DrWood wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:Pat's now shooting 40% from 3 on 7 attempts a game. It's been really fun to see him go from 9th-11th guy earlier in his Bucks career to a genuine starter-level 2. The fact we have him on a bargain contract that everyone hated when it was signed makes it that much sweeter.

The increase in 3% is great. But he's always been a 7th or 8th guy for the bucks before this year.
And the thing about the contract is that they F-ed it up, originally. And then added a year and lots of money.

Weird post. A 7th-8th guy is worth a $5 mil per year contract, and that year they tacked on is irrelevant because it's a player option that won't be picked up. You can say it was botched, but it wasn't done so in a way that was ever gonna screw the Bucks.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#24 » by DrWood » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:24 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
DrWood wrote:

Weird post. A 7th-8th guy is worth a $5 mil per year contract, and that year they tacked on is irrelevant because it's a player option that won't be picked up. You can say it was botched, but it wasn't done so in a way that was ever gonna screw the Bucks.

Really weird post.
I was making the point that the animus against the contract was due the way it went down. Some people would have quibbled about the $ if the first contract offer never happened, but a cheaper, two-year contract influenced how strong that reaction was.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#25 » by H2tObes » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:47 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Can't say I would mind if we could fast forward a couple of months of regular season

I enjoy the stress free games, this is the first time in my life I truly do not give a **** if the Bucks win or lose any regular season game. Just relishing in the championship feeling
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#26 » by PANDEMONEUM » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:55 am

just wanted to say,
im still here and still watching every second.

i wanted another PG and C instead of hood and semi.
and its showing thats exactly what we needed.

imo, we need another C now, and to protect against not getting Brook back at all.
even if its for 16mins a game.
we need a big man to rebound, blockout, swat shots, use 4 fouls and jsut be big around the rim.

how tho?
donte, semi, hood, nwora, gerogios, not alot of $ or quality to get quality back
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#27 » by LuessiT » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:29 am

We're going to be the top seed in the East in no time.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#28 » by soxperry » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:53 am

DrWood wrote:In the game thread a couple of posters mentioned that Nwora should shoot more. He took the second-most shots on the team. And made only 5 of 13 shots. In what world would him taking more shots be a good thing?

If there were a world where we just won a title and didnt feel pressured to maximize our playoff seed.. and instead wanted to force feed our only young asset that shows any legitimate promise to see if he can become a legitimate playoff rotation guy...that would be the one.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#29 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:10 pm

DrWood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
DrWood wrote:The increase in 3% is great. But he's always been a 7th or 8th guy for the bucks before this year.

Really weird post.
I was making the point that the animus against the contract was due the way it went down. Some people would have quibbled about the $ if the first contract offer never happened, but a cheaper, two-year contract influenced how strong that reaction was.

The point is the people who complained about the contract in either version were wrong.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#30 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:16 pm

PANDEMONEUM wrote:just wanted to say,
im still here and still watching every second.

i wanted another PG and C instead of hood and semi.
and its showing thats exactly what we needed.

imo, we need another C now, and to protect against not getting Brook back at all.
even if its for 16mins a game.
we need a big man to rebound, blockout, swat shots, use 4 fouls and jsut be big around the rim.

how tho?
donte, semi, hood, nwora, gerogios, not alot of $ or quality to get quality back

If we don't get Brook back, then Brook will be traded. No way they leave his $13 million on the luxury tax ledger if he's out for the year. It'll be Brook and a bunch of seconds for a cheaper serviceable PF or C.

Brook will be back though.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#31 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Prez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Louder for the people who forced themselves to panic after the 6-8 start.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#32 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:07 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Prez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not saying the panic was justified but are we really going to hang out hat on a arbitrary small sample size where 2 of the games were against Orl, 1 against the thunder, and 1 against the LBJ-less Lakers?
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#33 » by buckboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:17 pm

What happened to 4-10?

:rofl2:
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#34 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:19 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Prez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not saying the panic was justified but are we really going to hang out hat on a arbitrary small sample size where 2 of the games were against Orl, 1 against the thunder, and 1 against the LBJ-less Lakers?

Can we not hang our hat on being the defending champs and bringing all but one key contributor back to this year's team? Shouldn't that fact alone have bought the guys a little time before the fan base reaches for the panic button? I mean its been obvious why we've started slow. Personnel. Players that will never sniff a meaningful postseason minute have been playing big minutes to get us through this injury ravaged start. That tweet perfectly encapsulates where this team truly is though. And thats primed to make another run at this thing.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#35 » by Shaffty » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:26 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
DrWood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Really weird post.

The point is the people who complained about the contract in either version were wrong.

people who complained about the actual contract are idiots, but it was a legitiment mistake that we at 'RealGM' should make fun of when a REAL GM makes the mistake lol
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#36 » by Prez » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm

Giannis/Jrue/Khris as a 3 man lineup has a +26.3 net rating when none of the scrubs (Semi, Hood, Robinson, etc) are on court. Small sample size (75 minutes) but it’s pretty clear just watching them how good they are, and that’s with them not really even going that hard or playing that well individually.

Bucks are stupid good when they have their real rotation guys on the floor, even one of Brook/Donte returning eliminates most of the scrub minutes that are killing them
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#37 » by Prez » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This is where Brook returning is going to dramatically change things, just giving Bobby the help he needs defensively and on the boards when Giannis isn’t out there.
craig
Senior
And1: 128

Post#38 » by craig » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:02 pm

DrWood wrote:

The increase in 3% is indeed great.
*It's true that he was sometimes used as a 7th/8th guy, but not always.
*And whether as a 7th/8th or a 9-11 guy, he didn't always play like an excellent one. Particularly during windows when the 3 wasn't that good.
*But the way he's shooting and playing now, he's definitely an asset in the role he plays.
*I get the argument that his contract may have been mishandled, and he might have hypothetically become an even better value-per-dollar steal than he is now. But even if one faults the operation and process, there is still zero question but that he is a tremendous value, and a tremendous value-per-dollar super-steal, under the contract that he actually has.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#39 » by chonestown » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Hill has looked lively the last several games. Not washed George Hill is an asset. I applaud this development.

Horts has proven to move on from mistakes and I expect Semi gone. Kurt Thomas homecoming would be a heartwarming holiday story, but I'll settle for a hungry scrap-heap addition.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#40 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:07 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Can we not hang our hat on being the defending champs and bringing all but one key contributor back to this year's team? Shouldn't that fact alone have bought the guys a little time before the fan base reaches for the panic button? I mean its been obvious why we've started slow. Personnel. Players that will never sniff a meaningful postseason minute have been playing big minutes to get us through this injury ravaged start. That tweet perfectly encapsulates where this team truly is though. And thats primed to make another run at this thing.

Oh we can definitely hang our hat on the championship. Hell it says it right on my hat. I'm just nit-picking on a small sample size that includes margin of victory right after a 30+ win over a bad, bad magic team. I find the tweet meaningless :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks