Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Re: PG Orlando: Bucks Cruise to 4th Straight 

Post#41 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:43 pm

Shaffty wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
DrWood wrote:Really weird post.
I was making the point that the animus against the contract was due the way it went down. Some people would have quibbled about the $ if the first contract offer never happened, but a cheaper, two-year contract influenced how strong that reaction was.

The point is the people who complained about the contract in either version were wrong.

people who complained about the actual contract are idiots, but it was a legitiment mistake that we at 'RealGM' should make fun of when a REAL GM makes the mistake lol

Nope. At the time, Pat was coming off a sub 20 minute/game season where he shot 33% from 3. His 5.4 ppg was tied with Robin Lopez and was behind Ersan and Korver, but just ahead of Sterling Brown. This type of production is easily replaced with low salary 1 year deal type players, and was especially questionable in light of the assumed need to surround Giannis with shooters. Any outside objective observer would have concluded the Bucks were betting on Pat's future production, especially his shooting. And that's without taking into consideration the Bucks initially botching the deal which turned it into a 3 year deal.

The bet has paid off as Pat has outperformed his contract. Great for the Bucks and Pat. What we should really be making fun of is 'revisionist history.'
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#42 » by emunney » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:38 pm

I still don't buy that we "botched" anything. I think we got an agent-side leak of a conceptual agreement and some telephone game issues. Along the lines of how we "leaked" our draft pick by telling the league who we were picking.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,285

Post#43 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Starters all played low minutes. Yeah it’s Orlando but we’ve struggled against bad teams, against ALL teams. Good win.

Orlando scrubs >>> Bucks scrubs.
It wasn't even their scrubs though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#44 » by H2tObes » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Starters all played low minutes. Yeah it’s Orlando but we’ve struggled against bad teams, against ALL teams. Good win.

The entire roster is scrubs
GoldenAntlers
General Manager

Post#45 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:16 pm

H2tObes wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:

The entire roster is scrubs
I thought about that a bit more after I posted, lol

emunney
RealGM

Post#46 » by emunney » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:16 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:

How so? Remember they're missing Anthony, Isaac, Fultz. That lineup they had at the end was the last guys on their roster. Mulder and Brazdeikis are their two-ways.

Not related: I didn't even think Franz Wagner looked that bad, but he scored 3 points in both games combined on 1-13 and the Magic were -58 when he was on the court.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager

Post#47 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:00 pm

It was mostly because I was remembering Mo was still fighting his hardest at the end and forgot how many players they are missing due to injury.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Post#48 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:01 pm

emunney wrote:I still don't buy that we "botched" anything. I think we got an agent-side leak of a conceptual agreement and some telephone game issues. Along the lines of how we "leaked" our draft pick by telling the league who we were picking.

You may be right, which makes it an even bigger gamble for the Bucks at the time. No one else was giving Pat 3 years. Glad the Bucks were smarter than me about paying Pat. OTOH, DJA...
emunney
RealGM

Post#49 » by emunney » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:17 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
emunney wrote:I still don't buy that we "botched" anything. I think we got an agent-side leak of a conceptual agreement and some telephone game issues. Along the lines of how we "leaked" our draft pick by telling the league who we were picking.

You may be right, which makes it an even bigger gamble for the Bucks at the time. No one else was giving Pat 3 years. Glad the Bucks were smarter than me about paying Pat. OTOH, DJA...

It could also be that they had this deal with Pat for a chunk of the MLE and another PG option lined up, and then that fell through and we needed to free up the MLE and gave Pat more money to lock him up for an additional year. Obviously can't totally rule out that they botched it, of course, I just tend to give Horst the benefit of the doubt on stuff like this due to the number of complex transactions he's engineered during his tenure. Would be unlike him and his team to not know a very straightforward detail the "botch" story requires them to not know.

At any rate, yeah, I didn't like the deal at the time either and was wrong.
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,832

Post#50 » by Dick Tate » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:49 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
The point is the people who complained about the contract in either version were wrong.

people who complained about the actual contract are idiots, but it was a legitiment mistake that we at 'RealGM' should make fun of when a REAL GM makes the mistake lol

Nope. At the time, Pat was coming off a sub 20 minute/game season where he shot 33% from 3. His 5.4 ppg was tied with Robin Lopez and was behind Ersan and Korver, but just ahead of Sterling Brown. This type of production is easily replaced with low salary 1 year deal type players, and was especially questionable in light of the assumed need to surround Giannis with shooters. Any outside objective observer would have concluded the Bucks were betting on Pat's future production, especially his shooting. And that's without taking into consideration the Bucks initially botching the deal which turned it into a 3 year deal.

The bet has paid off as Pat has outperformed his contract. Great for the Bucks and Pat. What we should really be making fun of is 'revisionist history.'

eta: nvmd
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#51 » by drone3 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Hood really struggling to make wide open looks. Doesn't seem to have any lift on his jumper. Would be cool if he could turn things around just seems pretty washed.
emunney
RealGM

Post#52 » by emunney » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 pm

Dick Tate wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:
Shaffty wrote:

Your "history" needs to be revised, as Pat was actually just coming off an 18-game postseason where he shot 40% from 3 and had 11.7 ppg.

Nah man, those are this year's regular season stats. Pat's postseason before this contract was 10 games (losing to the Heat in round 2), and he scored 4 points/game on .348 shooting from deep.
PG Graveyard
Head Coach
And1: 4,461

Post#53 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:45 pm

Agreed...These things are fluid....Still annoying that Hollinger knee caps us about this one even though PatC looks fantastic right now.
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,832

Post#54 » by Dick Tate » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:46 pm

My history REALLY sucks! :)
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#55 » by DrWood » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:32 am

soxperry wrote:
DrWood wrote:In the game thread a couple of posters mentioned that Nwora should shoot more. He took the second-most shots on the team. And made only 5 of 13 shots. In what world would him taking more shots be a good thing?

If there were a world where we just won a title and didnt feel pressured to maximize our playoff seed.. and instead wanted to force feed our only young asset that shows any legitimate promise to see if he can become a legitimate playoff rotation guy...that would be the one.

Donte's only one year older. And what promise has Nwora shown, really? How is taking more shots when you're inefficient going to help him develop; he should be defining himself for the role he is suitable for--getting in position for open shots, rebounding, & defending. I want him to become a quality rotation piece too, but I realize that is as a role player doing the things I mentioned, not as being the #1 choice on the floor.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager

Post#56 » by GoldenAntlers » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:04 am

drone3 wrote:Hood really struggling to make wide open looks. Doesn't seem to have any lift on his jumper. Would be cool if he could turn things around just seems pretty washed.
Kind of crazy to me. Pretty sure it was Hood on the Jazz team a few seasons back that went for 40+ in Kobe's last game at Utah. After seeing that live, it's really strange to me how he can be so... Bad.

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#57 » by Plossum » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:54 am

Any chance we don't waive Hood this year? Agree he's done.
#LockUpChuck
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#58 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:10 am

GoldenAntlers wrote:
drone3 wrote:Hood really struggling to make wide open looks. Doesn't seem to have any lift on his jumper. Would be cool if he could turn things around just seems pretty washed.
Kind of crazy to me. Pretty sure it was Hood on the Jazz team a few seasons back that went for 40+ in Kobe's last game at Utah. After seeing that live, it's really strange to me how he can be so... Bad.

His legs are gone.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#59 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:42 pm

H2tObes wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Can't say I would mind if we could fast forward a couple of months of regular season

I enjoy the stress free games, this is the first time in my life I truly do not give a **** if the Bucks win or lose any regular season game. Just relishing in the championship feeling

Right now, while we're at the 4th win of what will be a 20 game win streak, it kinda feels like the Bucks are the Globetrotters going against the Generals every day. Almost expecting Bobby to pour a bucket of confetti on an official.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Milwaukee Bucks