ImageImageImageImageImage

Klay Thompson's return

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,697

Klay Thompson's return 

Post#1 » by whatisacenter » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:15 pm

As good as the team has been so far this season it is crazy to think that they will add Klay to the roster in the not too distant future and with today's good news that he has been cleared to fully return to practice I thought I would start a thread to discuss. I can't wait to see him back on the court with Steph and Draymond and knowing how much playing ball means to Klay I am super happy for him. I hope this is the end of his injury struggles.
Read on Twitter

Also I know some here wanted the Dubs to bring in Dante Exum and I found it interesting that the FA has been scrimmaging with Klay. Here are some quotes and the link to the full story.
https://theathletic.com/news/warriors-klay-thompson-cleared-to-practice-fully-could-return-within-week-of-christmas-sources/iEKeYCOtl4px/
Klay Thompson came through well after a week of 5-on-5 scrimmaging and has been cleared to be a full-time participant in all future Warriors’ practices, sources tell The Athletic. Thompson is trending toward a potential return the week before Christmas Day, those sources said.

Free agent and recent pro Dante Exum was among the players in this past week’s Thompson scrimmages, and sources said Thompson had strong showings in the five-on-five play. It was his first time running five-on-fives, albeit with players who are not currently playing on a pro team. Mychel Thompson, Klay Thompson’s older brother, has also been a featured presence as part of the return-to-play plan.

In controlled settings, Thompson’s been doing 2-on-2 and 3-on-3 contact for about a month and hasn’t shied away from the cameras, even going through his shooting routine on the main court pregame in a full jersey, an indication of how well he is beginning to feel. Early in camp, he was hesitant to be spotted, even telling a couple of cameras to stop filming.

Those viewing his recent workouts and scrimmages report encouraging shades of the Thompson of old — the shot as deadly as ever, the big guard physicality still a part of his game, though fatigue sets in quickly.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Re: Klay Thompson's return 

Post#2 » by watch1958 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:22 pm

Exum. That’s interesting.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,859

Post#3 » by 510TWSS » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:02 pm

all my positive energy going to Klay rn keep it up bro!
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,182

Post#4 » by xdrta+ » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Good opportunity for Exum to stay in shape and maybe get noticed and picked up by someone. Klay's brother, on the other hand, must be out there for the fun of it.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#5 » by whatisacenter » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:09 am

xdrta+ wrote:Good opportunity for Exum to stay in shape and maybe get noticed and picked up by someone. Klay's brother, on the other hand, must be out there for the fun of it.

Yeah, I was glad to see that Klay was at least scrimmaging against some nba quality players.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#6 » by hamncheese » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:11 am

Klay is amped.

Read on Twitter
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,088

Post#7 » by Outside » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:32 am

hamncheese wrote:Klay is amped.

Read on Twitter

I love this guy so much. I had been holding back, thinking next year was the year, but the way they've played so far without him, and seeing his competitive drive on overload, I am filled with irrational hope for this season. After shelving all hope the past two seasons and going through the exhausting drama of the last year with Durant, I'm getting jittery thinking about how good they can be right now. OMG, I want them to win another title so bad.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#8 » by floppymoose » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:25 am

Its going to be the Dec 20 Kings game. If i could go on that day, i would have already bought tickets.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#9 » by Mac1958 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:58 am

Man, talk about mixed emotions.

I can't wait to see him back, I can't wait to see the home crowd go absolutely INSANE for a LONG TIME when he steps on the floor, I can't wait to see that jump shot, I can't wait to see his first three, I can't wait to see his first steal, I can't wait to see him on the floor with the fellas.

Just, please, be sure he's healthy and not taking any undue risks.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#10 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:07 pm

floppymoose wrote:Its going to be the Dec 20 Kings game. If i could go on that day, i would have already bought tickets.

So fitting if it's against the Kings. :lol:
#DubNation
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#11 » by floppymoose » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:42 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
floppymoose wrote:Its going to be the Dec 20 Kings game. If i could go on that day, i would have already bought tickets.

That's exactly why it will be the Kings. You know they want that narrative.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#12 » by watch1958 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:37 pm

floppymoose wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:

That's exactly why it will be the Kings. You know they want that narrative.
Be funny if that’s also the game where Steph passes Ray Allen
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#13 » by Impuniti » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:23 am

Hope they do it right by Klay, which so far looks like it. Once he's ready, put him in the G league for 2 weeks, then put him on a 18-minute restriction & bump it over time. Would like to see him early on with rotations of Wiggins, JP, and Dray so the non-Curry minutes have as many weapons as possible.

Really hope he's not rushed as part of some stupid Christmas / NY promo. If it takes until mid-Jan, let it be until then.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#14 » by Impuniti » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:25 am

Outside wrote:
hamncheese wrote:Klay is amped.

Read on Twitter

I love this guy so much. I had been holding back, thinking next year was the year, but the way they've played so far without him, and seeing his competitive drive on overload, I am filled with irrational hope for this season. After shelving all hope the past two seasons and going through the exhausting drama of the last year with Durant, I'm getting jittery thinking about how good they can be right now. OMG, I want them to win another title so bad.

There's nothing irrational about thinking this team can win a title if they're healthy this season.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#15 » by michaelm » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:06 pm

Impuniti wrote:Hope they do it right by Klay, which so far looks like it. Once he's ready, put him in the G league for 2 weeks, then put him on a 18-minute restriction & bump it over time. Would like to see him early on with rotations of Wiggins, JP, and Dray so the non-Curry minutes have as many weapons as possible.

Really hope he's not rushed as part of some stupid Christmas / NY promo. If it takes until mid-Jan, let it be until then.

I have seen suggestions that they might play him in stretches rather than a few minutes on and off, to keep him warmed up etc which is apparently less likely to lead to re-injury, which makes some sort of sense to me.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#16 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:06 pm

Just thinking about the movement of this team at 16-2 and adding Klay to that is nice to think about.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#17 » by whatisacenter » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:32 pm

The emotions when this man finally takes the court.

Read on Twitter

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/recovering-klay-thompson-stays-warriors-bench-after-win-vs-blazers

"I just try to put myself in his shoes," Kerr said. "The good news is he is nearing the finish line on this. But he can't help but stop and think about how much he's lost the last couple of years, just on a personal level. He loves the game so much and not being able to play, not really being able to be a part of the team the way he wants to, it's been pretty emotional for him.

"He's very human, I guess that's what I'm trying to say, like, he's vulnerable, he's emotional. That's what makes him such a beautiful person, and he just cares and he loves the game. He loves the work, and he wants to be part of everything. All that's been ripped away the last two years. So, there's been times where he's been pretty down."
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#18 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Klay HATES missing games, the first year was probably brutal for him the 2nd probably included some deep soul searching, now having the return so close is probably hurting a lot too.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#19 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Not gonna lie, was just quietly crying as I read this.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#20 » by whatisacenter » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Golden State Warriors