ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order 3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Re: Tank World Order 3.0 

Post#1701 » by God Squad » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:16 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:
God Squad wrote:If we're out of the top 10 I'm looking at names like

Bennedict Mathurin
Peyton Watson
Nikola Jović
Daimion Collins

Can you tell me what you like about each prospect?

Bennedict Maturuin
1. 6'6 Canadian forward with an 8-foot-4.5 standing. Not sure on his Wingspan
2. Looked really good last year. Probably lottery/top 20 pick before he pulled out.
3. Hasn't looked good this year, although its early. Should be a solid defender.
4. Was arguably the star or go-to on the Canadian FIBA U19 tournament - Averaged 16 pts 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
5. Had a 30pt game against Japan and 31 against Serbia

“You see a guy who has good size, good length and I think he is probably going to profile for most teams as a 3-and-D guy. But he is a 3-and-D guy who can handle the ball,” added the executive. “He can attack closeouts, he can take contact and finish at the rim. That’s all pretty intriguing.”

Peyton Watson
1. 6-foot-8, and possessing a 7-foot wingspan with some guard skills
2. Started slow, but had a great game the other night with 19 pts.
3. Jumper is smooth, although inconsistent
4. Should be a nice two-way/high ceiling prospect if groomed correctly

At 6-foot-8, and possessing a 7-foot wingspan with guard skills, Peyton Watson enters his freshman season at UCLA as a highly-anticipated prospect. Even though he still has room to develop, Watson brings great versatility on both sides of the floor. He's also comfortable with the ball in his hands and initiating the offense. On defense, he's shown real promise as a shot-blocker with his length and athleticism. All in all, he has great potential. If he's able to tap into that potential, he'll likely be a high pick in the 2022 NBA Draft.

Daimion Collins
1. 6'9 PF/C prospect with a monster 7-5 wingspan /Possibly still growing - He needs to get much bigger
2. Very bouncy/athletic and a very good shot blocker
3. Typical High ceiling prospect with bust potential/ very raw - But I like the potential with our development

Collins is a painfully thin and bouncy hybrid four-man with long arms. He is quick off the floor as an explosive leaper and is very mobile with good hands. He finishes with strength around the rim and is developing as a scorer facing the basket. Defensively, Collins is a high-level shot-blocker who is one of the best in that area of the game in the senior class. He is more than capable of rebounding outside his area. Collins is still a little raw offensively in general but has made leaps and bounds in his game over the years. With his tremendous upside, he is likely to do the same playing under John Calipari.

Nikola Jović
1. 6'10 forward who I first noticed at the U18 during the summer - jack of all trades type.
2. Nice passing
3. Nice Handle
4. I question his defensive potential though/ He's also a big mystery for me atm as I've only seen the U19 tournament. Where he averaged 18 pts 8.3 Rebounds and 3 assists. Also hit a lot of clutch shots/passes.
5. Had 28pts 7 rebs and 6 assits vs Japan and 26pts 13 rebounds against Argentina.

The 6-10, 209 pound forward has a versatile game and can do a little bit of everything on the court. He’s able to handle the ball in the open court, hit the outside shot and score in the lane. He makes good reads with the ball and has an advanced feel for the game.

He’s not an explosive vertical athlete but he’s very quick for a 6-10 player and runs the floor really well. He’s well built with broad shoulders and natural power.

I'd like to also mention Kendall Brown who I'm sure is going to start flying up boards. Tankathon now has him at 14 after he wasn't even in the first a couple of days ago. Also there's Keegan Murray who I've been told about, but need to watch for my self. The numbers are a thing of beauty though.

Of the 4 mentioned prospects I'd probably lean towards Collins or Watson in terms of "Potential Ceiling", but at the same time I feel Jovic is the typical good European prospect with stats to match that people are afraid of. Then once in the league we ask "how the f did he fall so low?" His feel for the game/IQ exceeds the rest by a good margin IMO.
But who really knows, I've been wrong plenty of times.

-In Masai We Trust.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Post#1702 » by JShuttlesworth » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:23 pm

I don't think Ben Mathurin has been bad this year, he struggled in his first game but has been solid since.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#1703 » by brownbobcat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:06 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:That's exactly what tanking is though. You're trying to develop your youth, not win games. You aren't going to play Dragic because he'd be taking minutes away from Banton and Flynn.

Odd, I thought he wasn't playing because he sucked ass.
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect
And1: 972

Post#1704 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 pm

God Squad wrote:
EliteSmarts wrote:
God Squad wrote:If we're out of the top 10 I'm looking at names like

Bennedict Mathurin
Peyton Watson
Nikola Jović
Daimion Collins

Can you tell me what you like about each prospect?

Bennedict Maturuin
1. 6'6 Canadian forward with an 8-foot-4.5 standing. Not sure on his Wingspan
2. Looked really good last year. Probably lottery/top 20 pick before he pulled out.
3. Hasn't looked good this year, although its early. Should be a solid defender.
4. Was arguably the star or go-to on the Canadian FIBA U19 tournament - Averaged 16 pts 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
5. Had a 30pt game against Japan and 31 against Serbia

“You see a guy who has good size, good length and I think he is probably going to profile for most teams as a 3-and-D guy. But he is a 3-and-D guy who can handle the ball,” added the executive. “He can attack closeouts, he can take contact and finish at the rim. That’s all pretty intriguing.”

Peyton Watson
1. 6-foot-8, and possessing a 7-foot wingspan with some guard skills
2. Started slow, but had a great game the other night with 19 pts.
3. Jumper is smooth, although inconsistent
4. Should be a nice two-way/high ceiling prospect if groomed correctly

At 6-foot-8, and possessing a 7-foot wingspan with guard skills, Peyton Watson enters his freshman season at UCLA as a highly-anticipated prospect. Even though he still has room to develop, Watson brings great versatility on both sides of the floor. He's also comfortable with the ball in his hands and initiating the offense. On defense, he's shown real promise as a shot-blocker with his length and athleticism. All in all, he has great potential. If he's able to tap into that potential, he'll likely be a high pick in the 2022 NBA Draft.

Daimion Collins
1. 6'9 PF/C prospect with a monster 7-5 wingspan /Possibly still growing - He needs to get much bigger
2. Very bouncy/athletic and a very good shot blocker
3. Typical High ceiling prospect with bust potential/ very raw - But I like the potential with our development

Collins is a painfully thin and bouncy hybrid four-man with long arms. He is quick off the floor as an explosive leaper and is very mobile with good hands. He finishes with strength around the rim and is developing as a scorer facing the basket. Defensively, Collins is a high-level shot-blocker who is one of the best in that area of the game in the senior class. He is more than capable of rebounding outside his area. Collins is still a little raw offensively in general but has made leaps and bounds in his game over the years. With his tremendous upside, he is likely to do the same playing under John Calipari.

Nikola Jović
1. 6'10 forward who I first noticed at the U18 during the summer - jack of all trades type.
2. Nice passing
3. Nice Handle
4. I question his defensive potential though/ He's also a big mystery for me atm as I've only seen the U19 tournament. Where he averaged 18 pts 8.3 Rebounds and 3 assists. Also hit a lot of clutch shots/passes.
5. Had 28pts 7 rebs and 6 assits vs Japan and 26pts 13 rebounds against Argentina.

The 6-10, 209 pound forward has a versatile game and can do a little bit of everything on the court. He’s able to handle the ball in the open court, hit the outside shot and score in the lane. He makes good reads with the ball and has an advanced feel for the game.

He’s not an explosive vertical athlete but he’s very quick for a 6-10 player and runs the floor really well. He’s well built with broad shoulders and natural power.

I'd like to also mention Kendall Brown who I'm sure is going to start flying up boards. Tankathon now has him at 14 after he wasn't even in the first a couple of days ago. Also there's Keegan Murray who I've been told about, but need to watch for my self. The numbers are a thing of beauty though.

Of the 4 mentioned prospects I'd probably lean towards Collins or Watson in terms of "Potential Ceiling", but at the same time I feel Jovic is the typical good European prospect with stats to match that people are afraid of. Then once in the league we ask "how the f did he fall so low?" His feel for the game/IQ exceeds the rest by a good margin IMO.
But who really knows, I've been wrong plenty of times.

-In Masai We Trust.

Fantastic analysis I appreciate the work you put into your scouting thanks for your answers
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#1705 » by NotMyKawhi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:54 pm

lets clear up what tanking is.....

Houston not playing Wall? Tanking / get their youngins more run

OKC cutting kemba w mulitple years left, not signing anyone in free agency and last in payroll. Note even just last, 35 million difference.

Our payroll is almost top 10, we aren't tanking, we aren't good enough.
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#1706 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:09 pm

if you lose Kawhi,Green,Serge,Gasol and Lowry and you replace them with RHJ,Stanley,Baynes,Len and Precious you are forced into a rebuild
JShuttlesworth
General Manager

Post#1707 » by JShuttlesworth » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:16 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:Murray goes for 20+ yet again (29 PTS), for the 5th time this year

Pointed this kid out couple times now but he really does strick me as a "Raptors pick" if we're stuck in that 10-15 range...

He's got that Raptors type of feel to him, for sure. 6'8-6'9, stretches the floor, long arms, NBA frame, etc. You can't ignore the offense he's providing, and he's getting a lot of blocked shots also. If Masai takes a guy like Keegan, with Barnes already on the roster, you've got to think Pascal gets moved though.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,041

Post#1708 » by ItsDanger » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:23 pm

Not a sleeper anymore as Wildcats move into top 25. Good mobility and improving scoring touch.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#1709 » by 720 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:23 pm

Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,190

Post#1710 » by Tofubeque » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:27 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:lets clear up what tanking is.....

OKC cutting kemba w mulitple years left, not signing anyone in free agency and last in payroll. Note even just last, 35 million difference.

True enough but we also have 19 mil in payroll sitting on the bench as a healthy scratch every game. Similar to OKC last year with Horford.
props Turbozone
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,459

Post#1711 » by aminiaturebuddha » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Non-tanker here coming in peace.

I just have a simple question that has always bugged me. Why is it Tank World Order and not New Tank Order? If it's supposed to be a takeoff from New World Order, the "New" is the adjective. Tank isn't an adjective. It's either a noun or a verb. Shouldn't it replace the middle word?

Does anyone know who first came up with TWO and why they chose that and not NTO? Did they just like the W in the acronym and wanted to keep it?

I know, this seems like a strange question, but it really doesn't make any sense to me whenever I scroll past this thread.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,999

Post#1712 » by anotherhomer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:38 pm

quick question, was Blanton on everyone's radar when we drafted him?
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#1713 » by Spida888 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Tofubeque wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:lets clear up what tanking is.....

True enough but we also have 19 mil in payroll sitting on the bench as a healthy scratch every game. Similar to OKC last year with Horford.

The Dragic situation is interesting. It can be seen as tanking or we want to develop our bench, but then we play our starters so much like we want to win.

My hope is we are sitting him because we are trying to keep him healthy for a trade down the road. His value is mostly known now in his long career, so don't need to play him to risk an injury.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager

Post#1714 » by JShuttlesworth » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:44 pm

anotherhomer wrote:quick question, was Blanton on everyone's radar when we drafted him?

Banton? Not really, no. We had two 2nd Rounders, so you knew Masai was going to gamble with one of them and go off the board.

His college numbers were unimpressive, but Fred Hoiberg was high on him, and the scouts originally had him in their radar after the Biosteel game.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,041

Post#1715 » by ItsDanger » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#1716 » by Jadoogar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:35 pm

how bad could we realistically get?
The bottom 4 seems set - Piston, Magic, Rockets, Pelicans
Thunder, Spurs and Kings will likely be the next worst.

Even if we shut down Siakam right now (and we wouldn't do that), i don't see any realistic way we out tank that bottom 7. At that point, is it even worth "tanking"
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#1717 » by Psubs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:46 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:Non-tanker here coming in peace.

I just have a simple question that has always bugged me. Why is it Tank World Order and not New Tank Order? If it's supposed to be a takeoff from New World Order, the "New" is the adjective. Tank isn't an adjective. It's either a noun or a verb. Shouldn't it replace the middle word?

Does anyone know who first came up with TWO and why they chose that and not NTO? Did they just like the W in the acronym and wanted to keep it?

I know, this seems like a strange question, but it really doesn't make any sense to me whenever I scroll past this thread.

Because you say En Double You Oh, Tee Double You Oh, you can make the connection. En Tee Oh doesn't sound remotely the same as En Double You Oh.

Really a more apt name would be Tank Draft Order.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1718 » by Psubs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:47 pm

Jadoogar wrote:how bad could we realistically get?
The bottom 4 seems set - Piston, Magic, Rockets, Pelicans
Thunder, Spurs and Kings will likely be the next worst.

Even if we shut down Siakam right now (and we wouldn't do that), i don't see any realistic way we out tank that bottom 7. At that point, is it even worth "tanking"

8-10 and pray for lottery magic to get #4.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1719 » by Psubs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:48 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's great that he has international experience and is so young. I guess he's moved past Roko Prkacin as a prospect because he's taller and younger.

He's like a worse shooting Danilo Gallinari, that passes better and is better defensively. Is his floor Ersan Ilyasova with better passing?
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#1720 » by NotMyKawhi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 pm

Victor has looked very average this year. I prefer Shaedon Sharpe over him tbh

Return to Toronto Raptors