P.J. Dozier Likely Suffered Torn ACL In Left Knee

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

P.J. Dozier Likely Suffered Torn ACL In Left Knee 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 pm

The Denver Nuggets suspect P.J. Dozier suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during Tuesday's game at the Portland Trail Blazers.

Dozier was carried off the court in the first half of the game. The initial imaging on Dozier suggested a possible end to his season. 

Dozier is on a $1.9 million expiring contract.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Re: P.J. Dozier Likely Suffered Torn ACL In Left Knee 

Post#2 » by Cassius » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:40 pm

Sheesh... Jokic might want to take a page out of Steph's book and nurse a "major" injury for the rest of the year. This season is a waste of his MVP-level production.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
DFan
Rookie
And1: 740

Post#3 » by DFan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:57 pm

DAMN!!! Jamal, MPJ and now PJ. Nuggets might as well shut it down this season. I know its early, but man this is bad
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Cassius wrote:Sheesh... Jokic might want to take a page out of Steph's book and nurse a "major" injury for the rest of the year. This season is a waste of his MVP-level production.
DFan wrote:DAMN!!! Jamal, MPJ and now PJ. Nuggets might as well shut it down this season. I know its early, but man this is bad

Take it easy guys. Dozier is a rotation player averaging 5/4/2 and shooting 36%. If he was what was keeping DEN relevant they should have thrown in the towel a long time ago.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#5 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 pm

Austin Rivers has a chance to be a much bigger contributor

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#6 » by Maf » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:38 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:Austin Rivers has a chance to be a much bigger contributor

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

:noway: Yeah sure, this is exactly what Nuggets need. More Austin Rivers... :crazy:
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Cassius
RealGM

Post#7 » by Cassius » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Cassius wrote:Sheesh... Jokic might want to take a page out of Steph's book and nurse a "major" injury for the rest of the year. This season is a waste of his MVP-level production.
DFan wrote:DAMN!!! Jamal, MPJ and now PJ. Nuggets might as well shut it down this season. I know its early, but man this is bad

Take it easy guys. Dozier is a rotation player averaging 5/4/2 and shooting 36%. If he was what was keeping DEN relevant they should have thrown in the towel a long time ago.

I feel you, but he's also soaking up 20mpg a night. That's the hard part to replace because they'd already be playing someone better if they could.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:49 am

Cassius wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

I feel you, but he's also soaking up 20mpg a night. That's the hard part to replace because they'd already be playing someone better if they could.

Sure, but his value is not that much higher than his replacement, even if that replacement comes from the G=league.
Cassius
RealGM

Post#9 » by Cassius » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:08 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:Sure, but his value is not that much higher than his replacement, even if that replacement comes from the G=league.

That's the point. When you have an MVP playing next to a G-League level guard for 20mpg, it's likely a wasted season.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:08 pm

Cassius wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Sure, but his value is not that much higher than his replacement, even if that replacement comes from the G=league.

That's the point. When you have an MVP playing next to a G-League level guard for 20mpg, it's likely a wasted season.

I think you missed my point which was: Dozier is not that much better than a solid G-league player. He just isn't. Suggesting that they might want to tank because they lost a player averaging 5/4/2 and shooting 36% is kind of overly dramatic. Don't you think?
Cassius
RealGM

Post#11 » by Cassius » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:55 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Cassius wrote:

I think you missed my point which was: Dozier is not that much better than a solid G-league player. He just isn't. Suggesting that they might want to tank because they lost a player averaging 5/4/2 and shooting 36% is kind of overly dramatic. Don't you think?

No no, I totally get it. I'm saying that Jokic isn't a pseudo star like KAT whose minutes and miles don't matter. The Nuggets championship window needs all three of Joker, Murray and Porter upright. If you're already playing a G-League level guy (who sucks) regular minutes, the season is over. When that guy gets hurt, just shut it down and preserve the miles on Joker's body.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:38 pm

Cassius wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Cassius wrote:

No no, I totally get it. I'm saying that Jokic isn't a pseudo star like KAT whose minutes and miles don't matter. The Nuggets championship window needs all three of Joker, Murray and Porter upright. If you're already playing a G-League level guy (who sucks) regular minutes, the season is over. When that guy gets hurt, just shut it down and preserve the miles on Joker's body.

That makes more sense... but they have no reason to shut it down. Murray could potentially be back by the playoffs. But either way, playoff reps are playoff reps. And all these games give players a chance to step up. You mentioned GSW. Draymond was just bench depth before Lee got injured. But the guy thar really needs to step up is Gordon. He has a lot of room to grow. So, I might back down the starters to28-30 minutes, but I wouldn't shut it down. Besides, you don't want chunky Jokic back. That will certainly derail their future.
Cassius
RealGM

Post#13 » by Cassius » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:01 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:That makes more sense... but they have no reason to shut it down. Murray could potentially be back by the playoffs. But either way, playoff reps are playoff reps. And all these games give players a chance to step up. You mentioned GSW. Draymond was just bench depth before Lee got injured. But the guy thar really needs to step up is Gordon. He has a lot of room to grow. So, I might back down the starters to28-30 minutes, but I wouldn't shut it down. Besides, you don't want chunky Jokic back. That will certainly derail their future.

Agreed. I was a really big Gordon fan but I'm really disappointed in his inability to step up. Maybe get the Jokic brothers to beat Nikola into shape?

Return to Wiretap Discussion