ImageImageImageImageImage

OG and Yuta Upgraded to Questionable for Tomorrow

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Re: OG and Yuta Upgraded to Questionable for Tomorrow 

Post#21 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:50 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:Questionable is a strange word to use in regards to the chance a player will play.

To me the categories should be:

Out, limited possibility, possible, probable, available.

Semantics. NBA uses doubtful, questionable and probable (same) instead of your terms. Questionable basically means 50/50.

To me questionable isn't a qualitative term. It just means the question of availability has not been determined. Could be available, could be out, could be doubtful, could be probable.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#22 » by Rapsalot » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:52 pm

I know folks won’t want to hear this but I play some GD and all the other bench guys. I sit FVV, GTJ and PS and rest then try and get Memphis and Indy being more fresh.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,300

Post#23 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Rapsalot wrote:I know folks won’t want to hear this but I play some GD and all the other bench guys. I sit FVV, GTJ and PS and rest then try and get Memphis and Indy being more fresh.

Should have stopped here. If you can't get pumped to go against the leagues hottest team then we have the wrong players on our team. Let the young guys go against good teams to see how far they potentially are from reaching back to the top.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#24 » by alienchild » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Rapsalot wrote:I know folks won’t want to hear this but I play some GD and all the other bench guys. I sit FVV, GTJ and PS and rest then try and get Memphis and Indy being more fresh.

Should have stopped here. If you can't get pumped to go against the leagues hottest team then we have the wrong posters on our forum. Let the young guys go against good teams to see how far they potentially are from reaching back to the top.

FTFY
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
KawhiSoSerious
Junior
And1: 481

Post#25 » by KawhiSoSerious » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:17 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:

Should have stopped here. If you can't get pumped to go against the leagues hottest team then we have the wrong players on our team. Let the young guys go against good teams to see how far they potentially are from reaching back to the top.

And, in general, you learn WAAAAAAAAAY more and grow WAAAAAAAAAAAY more by losing than you do by winning. Why hide our young players from learning valuable lessons?
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#26 » by brownbobcat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:42 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:Questionable is a strange word to use in regards to the chance a player will play.

To me the categories should be:

Out, limited possibility, possible, probable, available.

Semantics. NBA uses doubtful, questionable and probable (same) instead of your terms. Questionable basically means 50/50.

To me questionable isn't a qualitative term. It just means the question of availability has not been determined. Could be available, could be out, could be doubtful, could be probable.

Again, semantics as "possible" is equally vague - I mean, anything's possible, right? The simplest would really be a yes/no/maybe breakdown.

The current statuses are supposed to roughly correspond to a 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% quantitative range, but the NFL actually removed "probable" a few years ago since they found that nearly all players listed as such ended up playing (e.g. "probable" was more like "very certain"). I suspect there's some concession to gambling-related standardization here.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,293

Post#27 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:57 pm

After the ray of hope for these two, and subsequent letdown of them not playing Sunday after all, what is their status? Any hope for tomorrow night?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#28 » by Zeno » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:13 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:After the ray of hope for these two, and subsequent letdown of them not playing Sunday after all, what is their status? Any hope for tomorrow night?

Injury report @3:30 has them both and Precious as questionable for game against Memphis
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#29 » by seanbig » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 am

Honestly the only thing Yuta will be good for a ramen date with will Lou

Other than that I’m not holding my breath for anyone coming back from injury making an impact on our team
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#30 » by seanbig » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:38 am

Zeno wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:After the ray of hope for these two, and subsequent letdown of them not playing Sunday after all, what is their status? Any hope for tomorrow night?

Injury report @3:30 has them both and Precious as questionable for game against Memphis

Oh god precious out again????????
Official 1,000,000 post crew

Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,

aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#31 » by Indeed » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:33 pm

seanbig wrote:Honestly the only thing Yuta will be good for a ramen date with will Lou

Other than that I’m not holding my breath for anyone coming back from injury making an impact on our team

I think he is our only 3&D at the wing aside from OG (and playing defense Siakam).
Until Barnes and Banton can shoot the 3 to space the floor, Watanabe maybe valuable to fill a two-way role. Hope we are not asking him too much for doing things off the dribble.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,523

Post#32 » by bluerap23 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:56 pm

Indeed wrote:
seanbig wrote:Honestly the only thing Yuta will be good for a ramen date with will Lou

I think he is our only 3&D at the wing aside from OG (and playing defense Siakam).
Until Barnes and Banton can shoot the 3 to space the floor, Watanabe maybe valuable to fill a two-way role. Hope we are not asking him too much for doing things off the dribble.

Apparently Yuta is in full practice now so must be getting close. I think he will be a valuable bench player. Can stretch the floor on a unit devoid of shooting. Remember when someone started a thread saying that Yuta was done for the season? Good times.
terryjackson
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#33 » by terryjackson » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:41 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
Indeed wrote:

Apparently Yuta is in full practice now so must be getting close. I think he will be a valuable bench player. Can stretch the floor on a unit devoid of shooting. Remember when someone started a thread saying that Yuta was done for the season? Good times.

Watanabe is being underrated. The Olympics helped him grow and he should have the chance for more opportunity.

He has the positioning skills, lateral quickness, cutting ability, and shooting to be a valuable role player for the Raptors. Durability might be an eventual problem for him but I could see him being the best all-around back up PF for the Raptors this season. Adding him into the rotation gives the Raptors a full 6'9 line up.

Siakam, OG, Yuta, Svi, and Barnes would be interesting. You have two great cutters in Svi and Yuta that also shoot at a 40% clip from 3. You have post offense from Siakam and OG. Siakam at the 5 might have some issues but the amount of corner threes this team could generate would be similar to GSW.

The defense is the talking point. There would now be 4 players with great ability to switch with our core three and including Yuta. Yuta is great at making rotations and doesn't back down from challenging rolling bigs or athletic wings (Edwards). He's a textbook great player based on principle although the lack of athleticism and vertical pop isn't there.

If Boucher could be half decent from 3 he would be a good addition instead of Siakam to this line up. Svi, Yuta, and Barnes can hit the roller off the pick. It gives valuable rest to our starting core of Siakam, FVV, and GTJ.

TLDR; We need a better bench and Yuta is a good addition.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,293

Post#34 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:30 pm

Yuta great return last night, will get even better. Can't wait for OG and Birch to return, we'll be deep
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
terryjackson
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#35 » by terryjackson » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Yuta played great as a utility role player. He currently seems to be the best player on the Raptors at challenging opposing players at the rim. That is a prime example of how bad we are at rim defense.

Nurse should play him more and he needs more corner threes generated for him by our offense. I would consider even playing him at the 2. The block he had on Brooks had me off my seat, amazing.
Turnpikebandit
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 300

Post#36 » by Turnpikebandit » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:09 pm

Am I missing some context here, or is the racist trash it appears to be?
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,527

Post#37 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:17 pm

He adds another wrinkle to our overall be team play being a smart 3+D guy with a little bit more offensive capabilities than your typical 3+D players. His rim protection is an added bonus too.

I'm higher on Yuta, I think he has breakout potential but he's too modest to achieve it imo. He plays like he's happy to belong instead of playing like he's better than a lot of NBAers

In Raptor Ball I Trust
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#38 » by rrdjutriurt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:36 pm

Yuta posterized Brooks last night. Welcome back Yuta. The guy is the ultimate team player because he was posterized himself a while back and caught lots of smirks as a result. It sure didn't stop him from going up there again at a key moment and do it to someone else from the defensive side. Maybe we should put him on a weight gain program and make him a center. :)
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#39 » by MixxSRC » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:39 pm

Turnpikebandit wrote:

Nah. It's ongoing joke that Will Lou wants to go to Ramen Isshin with Yuta.
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#40 » by Gold Dragon » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:39 pm

Turnpikebandit wrote:

Will Lou recommended his favourite Toronto ramen place to Yuta and Yuta has gone several times without Will. When asked why he didn’t get an invite, Yuta said he didn’t have Will’s number. On his podcast, it is a recurring sore spot they joke about and he keeps trying to find ways to hook up with Yuta for ramen including giving Fred his number to pass on to yuta.

So a non-racist bad take.

Return to Toronto Raptors