ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: We won and I'm upset.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Re: PG: We won and I'm upset. 

Post#321 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:06 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:tyler herro 31 pts 8 reb 3 ast

if we had drafted him 3rd we'd really be in a great spot!

Knicks fail at the draft again. And this is with Coach Cal supposedly liking the Knicks etc etc.

You guys are too funny. Noone was drafting THero 3rd, three years ago :lol:

If we would have had him he would have been an A.W.D shooting 3s and playing no defense.
It took an established coaching staff to develop that kid.

The real Knick draft fails were:
Frank
Knox

The "not draft fails, but not being elite at drafting" are:
RJ
Obi
Grimes et all.

Because GREAT teams make the move to trade back or get the very best player.
Knicks went from sucking, completely, at drafting, to being average.
But, because the prior regime sh*t the bed so badly with Frank and Knox, the next ones needed to completely knock it out of the park with the drafts that produced RJ, Obi, Grimes. Those drafts are solid, but unspectacular. Which is unfortunate, since Knicks needed to draft at an elite level to make up for those two complete and utter busts.
Got to start somewhere. I guess "drafting ok" is an ok place to start.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#322 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
2010 wrote:Kemba don’t even have pride no more. Dude be dropping single-digit games consistently with a proud smile on his face. At this point I think dude just wanted to finally get home. Basketball is kinda secondary to him.

Home for Thanksgiving was # 1 on Kemba's bucket list

So far Knicks tenure a turkey, so makes sense
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,452

Post#323 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:08 pm

rajajackal wrote:hate being right about randle. wanted to trade him this offseason or let him audition one more year

The problem with Randle has nothing to his talent it’s his bball IQ!!!!!

There’s a reason why fans aren’t getting on Rj who’s been worse than Randle!!!!!!

Deep down inside we all know Rj isn’t any good!!!!!!!

It’s different with Randle because we know how good he can be when he gives effort and makes smart decisions!!!!!!!!

Randles Demise is completely self inflicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#324 » by DaGawd » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 pm

“18 games in? This s**t takes time. The thing about us is we’ve stayed encouraged, we stayed positive, we’ve had highs, we’ve had lows but once it starts clicking we’re going to be a really really good team.” -Julius Randle

Let’s give these guys some time to figure it out man. Despite the early struggles still 2 games over .500
BaF
Washington Wizards
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#325 » by nykfan42 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Game ball goes to THT though. Russ carried us in the first half too.

also shoutout to monk for his off balance fade away airballs from three.

LOL all night night. Was immediately like whoa that's not going in, keep feeding him :nod:

Monk is trash. I thought coming into college he was supposed to be a sniper but he's shooting like 33% from 3 for his career. He thinks he's good too.
Make the Knicks great again!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#326 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=en3pm5acIL_eR10uAZGxpQ&s=19

Lean into small ball, Thibs

That's a nice thought, but Thibs has never given any small ball lineup significant minutes in his career. Once Taj and Mitch are back, it'll be back to 1 C on the floor at all times :lol:

This is why I tell people you have to wish for those Mitch/Noel/Taj injuries. At least two at a time. Or, well, Randle going down.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#327 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 pm

DaGawd wrote:“18 games in? This s**t takes time. The thing about us is we’ve stayed encouraged, we stayed positive, we’ve had highs, we’ve had lows but once it starts clicking we’re going to be a really really good team.” -Julius Randle

Let’s give these guys some time to figure it out man. Despite the early struggles still 2 games over .500

Yeah we all just need to step back and have some patience!!!!!!!!!!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#328 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:11 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Some of you have to be some of the most arrogant and spoiled fans I've ever come across. Like how can you be upset at a win? Where do you get off complaining about any type of win when we haven't won much the last 20 years? I swear some of you deserve a 20 win team and rooting for 14% ping pong balls forever and never experience ant type of successful seasons!

Yeah, losing a 25 point lead sucked but that's the NBA. It happens to every team! All teams make runs! Especially a Lakers team that came back down like 17 points in Detroit the night earlier and have AD, Westbrook and Melo on their team. Give us credit for not completely losing the lead (which has been a problem this season)! Lakers got close we never allowed them to come all the way back. Fournier and IQ hit big shots all game long and Obi had two dunks whenever the Lakers got it down to 2 or tied it.

I really liked how aggressive Randle and the starters came out to start this game. They all an extra pep to their step. Especially Randle. Like he played extra harder and seemed to want to go at AD and Melo for some reason. He still had too many turnovers but I can live with those if he's trying to make the right plays, which he was. He got Fournier going in the two-man game. Good to see RJ make some shots too.

I think Randle getting into foul trouble in the fourth was a blessing even though he had a good game. It allowed both Obi and IQ to kind of be the center pieces against three future HOFers. Obi was great with his dunks and made a J too. And IQ was just incredible! Every time the Lakers cut it close, he made the big shot. It's a damn same IQ doesn't have a 'hive' or people here don't dedicate their user names to him because this kid deserves it. He plays with a lot of joy, he's fun to watch, he works hard and most importantly, he can actually play. Unlike the past draft pick who were straight trash and seemed more interested in modeling than actually becoming a legit NBA player.

Anyway, good win at home. No need to apologize for any wins. Get them anyway you can! Especially during this tough stretch of games. Hopefully we get Rose and Mitch back soon.

Mr Ed's alternate account :D
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#329 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Jesus kemba homecoming has been such a failure!!!!!!!!

At least it’s only a matter of time before thin fully unleashes IQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#330 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
j4remi wrote:The zone defense had Randle straight-up baffled. Like...not just settling for perimeter shots and turning it over, but he was just running over to ball-handlers crowding them and ish.

He's just much better being a downhill guy on the ball and being the jump shooter when it's Kemba or Fournier dribbling him open. He's not hitting the contested shots he made last season, but he shouldn't even have to. I do see some steps in the right direction on that end these past two games, but I'm lying if I tell you it's concerning.

Obi helped break the zone and all he did was let ball handlers shift the defense and then slide into the open spaces. Randle could do that with half the effort he exerts trying to post up from 20 feet out.

Since Obi's very first SL games as a Knick I've noted that he has a fairly advanced court awareness. It showed in the very beginning when he made some great passes. And it is showing every game now in how he is always seeks and finds the pockets and seams in the defense. We know he's a wonderful lob target and is really our only one now since Noel has butterfingers.

Lobs and three point shots are like the yin and yang of modern offenses and Obi makes it easy for us to implement. Our guys are finding him, but it could happen twice as much. Obi could easily be a 20 PPG scorer on very low usage. You just have to have the sense to see it and the coaching ability to make it happen.

Obi played PG in HS. It shows.
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#331 » by nykfan42 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:16 pm

nedleeds wrote:Our power forward shot 41% with 4 turnovers and was -2.

He's shooting a career low 42.2% from the field this year. He's an inefficient chucker, enabled by a calcified coach who won't adjust or watch film and tell him to stop it.

Welcome to hell.

I'm not sure what that grid means exactly but I see a lot of players that are trash. A PF shooting 42% is pathetic.
Make the Knicks great again!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#332 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:17 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

At least it’s only a matter of time before thin fully unleashes IQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of a dumb tweet.

Rose gets Kemba's 4th quarter minutes, except for two games Rose is hurt.
Kemba was signed to be a RESERVE. He's a reserve that starts, but he's here for bench minutes. Meaning, about 18-20 minutes per game. Sadly, some sportswriters AND posters can't get this detail through their thick skulls.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#333 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:22 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kind of a dumb tweet.

Kemba was signed to be a RESERVE. He's a reserve that starts, but he's here for bench minutes. Meaning, about 18-20 minutes per game. Sadly, some sportswriters AND posters can't get this detail through their thick skulls.

Regardless how ever way you slice it he’s been a colossal failure!!!!!!!!

He shouldn’t even be a reserve!!!!!!!!

He should be a 12th/15th man!!!!!!!!

He’s not getting another nba contract after this deal is done!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s not an nba player anymore dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#334 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:25 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kind of a dumb tweet.

Whatever. I wasn't talking about that. Also, I'm going to judge his production as if he's a bench PG. Because he is. In that regard he's been not that good, but not as terrible. Again, Rose is really the main PG, he just doesn't start, but he gets more minutes and finishes games and that was always the plan for Kemba. Again, he could be MUCH better in the time he gets. Oh. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,168

Post#335 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:25 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Some of you have to be some of the most arrogant and spoiled fans I've ever come across. Like how can you be upset at a win? Where do you get off complaining about any type of win when we haven't won much the last 20 years? I swear some of you deserve a 20 win team and rooting for 14% ping pong balls forever and never experience ant type of successful seasons!

Yeah, losing a 25 point lead sucked but that's the NBA. It happens to every team! All teams make runs! Especially a Lakers team that came back down like 17 points in Detroit the night earlier and have AD, Westbrook and Melo on their team. Give us credit for not completely losing the lead (which has been a problem this season)! Lakers got close we never allowed them to come all the way back. Fournier and IQ hit big shots all game long and Obi had two dunks whenever the Lakers got it down to 2 or tied it.

I really liked how aggressive Randle and the starters came out to start this game. They all an extra pep to their step. Especially Randle. Like he played extra harder and seemed to want to go at AD and Melo for some reason. He still had too many turnovers but I can live with those if he's trying to make the right plays, which he was. He got Fournier going in the two-man game. Good to see RJ make some shots too.

I think Randle getting into foul trouble in the fourth was a blessing even though he had a good game. It allowed both Obi and IQ to kind of be the center pieces against three future HOFers. Obi was great with his dunks and made a J too. And IQ was just incredible! Every time the Lakers cut it close, he made the big shot. It's a damn same IQ doesn't have a 'hive' or people here don't dedicate their user names to him because this kid deserves it. He plays with a lot of joy, he's fun to watch, he works hard and most importantly, he can actually play. Unlike the past draft pick who were straight trash and seemed more interested in modeling than actually becoming a legit NBA player.

Anyway, good win at home. No need to apologize for any wins. Get them anyway you can! Especially during this tough stretch of games. Hopefully we get Rose and Mitch back soon.

Mr Ed's alternate account :D

I'm creating a FrozenSemen account right now
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,168

Post#336 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:30 pm

KnicksGod wrote:All I hear is how we would be worse without Randle -- and you know what, I'm not even contesting that exactly. But I'll point out that it feels pretty regular that Randle exits, Obi enters, and the team starts scoring more than the other team and closing the gap or expanding the lead.

And the advanced stats seem to agree right?

So yeah Randle is the best scorer on the team statistically and eye test and all that, but is he necessary for winning? That seems to be a different question, although what usually happens is that with a bigger sample size, the scrappier and less talented (offensively) players tend to start coming back to earth.

The counter to that counter, though, is that Obi is showing signs of being a pretty talented offensive player. It's just not 1 on 1 or shooting yet, big things, but he's not Mitch or Noel out there.

It also puts the kibosh on the rebuttal that you can't replace All-Star Randle with Obi. Really? What kind of defense is Randle playing that is better than Obi? He's stronger, but is he stopping mack trucks with that strength? Obi is getting blocks and deflections at the least.

Most of our second half runs are with Obi on the floor. Ball don't lie

Our guys like playing more with Obi than Randle. Ball don't lie

Sometimes the best guy is the one who lets his teammates shine too. Obi does that. Randle not so much
ImageImageImage
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#337 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:31 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Kind of a dumb tweet.

Whatever. I wasn't talking about that. Also, I'm going to judge his production as if he's a bench PG. Because he is. In that regard he's been not that good, but not as terrible. Again, Rose is really the main PG, he just doesn't start, but he gets more minutes and finishes games and that was always the plan for Kemba. Again, he could be MUCH better in the time he gets. Oh. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idk what games you’ve been watching because it’s clear as day kemba walker is no longer an nba player!!!!!!!!!
KnixtapeH20
General Manager
And1: 14,467

Post#338 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:37 pm

KnicksGod wrote:All I hear is how we would be worse without Randle -- and you know what, I'm not even contesting that exactly. But I'll point out that it feels pretty regular that Randle exits, Obi enters, and the team starts scoring more than the other team and closing the gap or expanding the lead.

So yeah Randle is the best scorer on the team statistically and eye test and all that, but is he necessary for winning? That seems to be a different question, although what usually happens is that with a bigger sample size, the scrappier and less talented (offensively) players tend to start coming back to earth.

The counter to that counter, though, is that Obi is showing signs of being a pretty talented offensive player. It's just not 1 on 1 or shooting yet, big things, but he's not Mitch or Noel out there.

Could be a combination of Randle plays against starters. Teams generally mirror sitting their starters with the opposing team. Especially their star player
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,835

Post#339 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:45 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

Could be a combination of Randle plays against starters. Teams generally mirror sitting their starters with the opposing team. Especially their star player

Not only that but he plays with Brickemba and Fournier and RJ who have been historically bad for the last dozen games while the bench has Rose Burks and IQ who have been much better than the 3 I mentioned. A bunch of plus minus stats don’t prove he’s better and again I would love to swap their roles for a couple games just to show how silly this narrative is
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,835

Post#340 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:50 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:RJ got benched for almost the entire 4th quarter for the 2nd game in a row. He came in for defense for like one play at the end of the game. Fournier complained about his minutes and he got put out there and got 26 pts tonight.

Yea I'm not really concerned about RJ too much bc he is still just 21 years old and has shown a lot of growth, although I stillhave no idea what's going on with him right now. It's odd. He needs a mid range game. Runs some screensfor easy catch and shoots.

RJ would learn invaluable basketball experienceif he reachedout to Paul Pierce to work on his game or even just watched every game he's ever played. Coaches should cut up his tape for him.. . As much as we all hated him Pierce and want to snuff him if we see him, dude was an assassin.

His shooting percentages will hopefully come back around, but by the looks of it he is in a 4th quarter minutes competition with Burks and IQ and Fournier. Thibs is a “go with the hot hand” guy and apparently if RJ doesn’t have anything going in the first 3 quarters he will be out for someone who does. Kemba is already riding the pine in the 4th for Rose or IQ and Thibs has started going back to Burks and now Fournier the past couple games so it will be interesting

Return to New York Knicks