ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: We won and I'm upset.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KnixtapeH20
General Manager
And1: 14,476

Re: PG: We won and I'm upset. 

Post#341 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:56 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
DaGawd wrote:“18 games in? This s**t takes time. The thing about us is we’ve stayed encouraged, we stayed positive, we’ve had highs, we’ve had lows but once it starts clicking we’re going to be a really really good team.” -Julius Randle

Let’s give these guys some time to figure it out man. Despite the early struggles still 2 games over .500

Yeah we all just need to step back and have some patience!!!!!!!!!!

This **** LMFAO u flip flop more than a chancleta :lol:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,850

Post#342 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicks fail at the draft again. And this is with Coach Cal supposedly liking the Knicks etc etc.

You guys are too funny. Noone was drafting THero 3rd, three years ago :lol:

If we would have had him he would have been an A.W.D shooting 3s and playing no defense.
It took an established coaching staff to develop that kid.

The real Knick draft fails were:
Frank
Knox

The "not draft fails, but not being elite at drafting" are:
RJ
Obi
Grimes et all.

Because GREAT teams make the move to trade back or get the very best player.
Knicks went from sucking, completely, at drafting, to being average.
But, because the prior regime sh*t the bed so badly with Frank and Knox, the next ones needed to completely knock it out of the park with the drafts that produced RJ, Obi, Grimes. Those drafts are solid, but unspectacular. Which is unfortunate, since Knicks needed to draft at an elite level to make up for those two complete and utter busts.
Got to start somewhere. I guess "drafting ok" is an ok place to start.

I don’t think you can really include Grimes in there since he was selected in the late 1st, where the others were top 10 picks. Out of 4 top 10 picks in 2017 2018 2019 and 2020 you hope to get at least 1 all star out of the deal or at least nba caliber players. We got 2 outrights busts, a struggling regressing project with limited athleticism, and a 23 y/o old spark role player, none of which even made an all rookie team. Toppin’s probably been the best of the bunch at this point despite his career high is 14 points but I still feel better about that pick right now than No-J.

They did scoop up some other value with Mitch and IQ who look like NBA level players at least, maybe McBride or Jokubaitis or Sims become viable role players. Grimes doesn’t play enough to really formulate an opinion yet
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#343 » by DOT » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:08 pm

nykfan42 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Our power forward shot 41% with 4 turnovers and was -2.

He's shooting a career low 42.2% from the field this year. He's an inefficient chucker, enabled by a calcified coach who won't adjust or watch film and tell him to stop it.

Welcome to hell.

I'm not sure what that grid means exactly but I see a lot of players that are trash. A PF shooting 42% is pathetic.

It's a comparison of win shares in a season. Randle is in his 8th season, so there's 7 complete seasons for him

It then looks at every player's first 7 seasons, and tries to find guys with a similar spread of win shares, and that's what it comes up with. The similarity score is how close they are, on a per year basis. Meaning it's trying to find guys who had a similar high, a similar low, and similar seasons in between, not just an average so you don't have outliers in there

I wouldn't put much stock into it, cause win shares is a bs stat through and through. There's plenty of ways to criticize Randle, but just posting the Bball ref similarity scores isn't one of them. I mean, for reference, Lebron's sim scores have Dirk as 2nd closest, and Dolph Schayes in the top 10. Granted, Dirk is rated at 83.4 to LeBron while everyone for Randle is 87.2 or higher (bigger the number, closer the player allegedly is), meaning that Randle's comps should be much closer to him than everyone except Malone is to LeBron, but still. Very flawed stat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#344 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm

2010 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
2010 wrote:Kemba don’t even have pride no more. Dude be dropping single-digit games consistently with a proud smile on his face. At this point I think dude just wanted to finally get home. Basketball is kinda secondary to him.

Think he's happy to be here of course but I think he's ecstatic to be healthy playing the game he loves for his home town.

I’d like to see more edge and assertiveness offensively. Especially since he is playing short mins (24mpg). Go hard for the mins you’re out there. You got D.Rose behind you. And stop deferring ball handling duties to Randle. Tell him “no” sometimes. Don’t be afraid to wave him off. Go get the rock when the offense gets stagnant in the 1st unit. Kemba is acting like he doesn’t have the clout of a certified veteran PG who has been an all star.

Agreed. The most disappointing thing about Kemba this year is his lack of leadership on the court. Rather than a savvy veteran he just looks like any other dude out there. Watching him play, you'd think he was just some journeyman role player instead of a 4-time all-star who had led teams to the playoffs.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#345 » by DOT » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:10 pm

I don't agree with the "Obi should start" line of thinking

I think Randle needs to get back to playing how he was last year, starting on defense.

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#346 » by 2010 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:14 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
DaGawd wrote:“18 games in? This s**t takes time. The thing about us is we’ve stayed encouraged, we stayed positive, we’ve had highs, we’ve had lows but once it starts clicking we’re going to be a really really good team.” -Julius Randle

Let’s give these guys some time to figure it out man. Despite the early struggles still 2 games over .500

Damn, fk game-to-game…you flip-flop page-to-page within post game threads.

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#347 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:17 pm

2010 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

And his use of exclamation points is unhealthy.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#348 » by DaGawd » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:18 pm

2010 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

New Howard Mass or whoever has the authority to change this guys name to TurnCoat! ASAP
BaF
Washington Wizards
RealGM

Post#349 » by 2010 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:18 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
2010 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

And his use of exclamation points is unhealthy.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,967

Post#350 » by Capn'O » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:18 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
2010 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

And his use of exclamation points is unhealthy!!!!!!!!!

Fixed.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
RealGM

Post#351 » by 2010 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
2010 wrote:

Fixed!!!!!!!!!

Fixed.

robillionaire
RealGM

Post#352 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:21 pm

K-DOT wrote:I don't agree with the "Obi should start" line of thinking

I think Randle needs to get back to playing how he was last year, starting on defense.

one way to do that is make the lineup more comparable to last year. defense is a team effort. we brought in 2 guys who are terrible on defense and then downgraded the center position on defense. Sorry to Mitch friends but Nerlens is objectively the better defensive player demonstrated by numbers. Mitch is a solid rim protector too but Nerlens is an elite defensive player which is why he was the only player in the NBA to average 2 blocks and a steal per game last year and led the league in DBPM. Then you have Randle and RJ, carryovers from last year. Fournier is a deep downgrade on defense and Kemba is just terrible. I'd prefer to start IQ over Kemba for another defensive upgrade (and possibly offensive upgrade too since Kemba doesn't even look to score half the time). Kemba is playing way too passively on offense to make up for his defense. IQ fixes both issues. As far as Fournier goes you can keep him out there and see if it works after benching Kemba, or try out Burks or Grimes at the 2 with RJ at the 3

Thibs will do none of what I just said so it doesn't matter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#353 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
2010 wrote:

Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,729

Post#354 » by Guano » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:22 pm

2010 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

within the same quarter of a game thread :lol:
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
RealGM

Post#355 » by 2010 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:27 pm

Why wasn’t the court black & orange last night the way we saw it in the mock up of how it’s supposed to be when we wear those uniforms?

robillionaire
RealGM

Post#356 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:30 pm

2010 wrote:Why wasn’t the court black & orange last night the way we saw it in the mock up of how it’s supposed to be when we wear those uniforms?

I was also wondering that. When you pick those uniforms in 2k it automatically gives you the court to match. Not that 2k is real life. But something must have gone wrong or maybe they scrapped it because halloween is already over. I love the uniforms though
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#357 » by WajaBawl » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:36 pm

Some of y'all severely overrate the Lakers. They are legitimately ass. Westbrick is turnover prone and washed, Melo a shell of his former self, and ADisney is also overrated. They didn't even have LeBron last night.

I mean come on, stop lying to yourself. This is the team that lost to OKC not once, but twice. The game got close because we cannot play 48 minutes of consistent decent basketball. It has a lot more to do with our own ineptitude than the Lakers being legit.
We let Russel Westbrick shoot 50% from 3 ffs.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#358 » by NYKat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Some of you have to be some of the most arrogant and spoiled fans I've ever come across. Like how can you be upset at a win? Where do you get off complaining about any type of win when we haven't won much the last 20 years? I swear some of you deserve a 20 win team and rooting for 14% ping pong balls forever and never experience ant type of successful seasons!

Yeah, losing a 25 point lead sucked but that's the NBA. It happens to every team! All teams make runs! Especially a Lakers team that came back down like 17 points in Detroit the night earlier and have AD, Westbrook and Melo on their team. Give us credit for not completely losing the lead (which has been a problem this season)! Lakers got close we never allowed them to come all the way back. Fournier and IQ hit big shots all game long and Obi had two dunks whenever the Lakers got it down to 2 or tied it….

This board always need something or someone to complain about
louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,386

Post#359 » by louisorr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:38 pm

I love the way Obi plays and agree Randle has some flaws but you gotta keep in mind, as many have said already JR was going against AD most of the night and Obi's buckets mostly came against Duke Ellington. This thing will play out eventually.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#360 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:40 pm

WajaBawl wrote:Some of y'all severely overrate the Lakers. They are legitimately ass. Westbrick is turnover prone and washed, Melo a shell of his former self, and ADisney is also overrated. They didn't even have LeBron last night.

I mean come on, stop lying to yourself. This is the team that lost to OKC not once, but twice. The game got close because we cannot play 48 minutes of consistent decent basketball. It has a lot more to do with our own ineptitude than the Lakers being legit.
We let Russel Westbrick shoot 50% from 3 ffs.

we didn't "let" him shoot 50% from 3, in fact leaving him open and letting him shoot is usually the best strategy for defending him and how the Lakers defended him when he was on Houston in the bubble when they completely exposed him. He just hit 50% on us because he was playing way over his head possibly from the energy of playing in MSG. And yet, we won anyway. Not only that but we never trailed. People are overreacting to the fact we blew a lead, it's a game of runs and we took their best shot and then pulled away again. ggs. And yeah the lakers without lebron aren't that good, they were a .500 team. But we still have to go out there and win the game especially at home where we have struggled and they did that. It's ok to just be glad your team won a game

Oh, and we didn't have Rose or Robinson either

Return to New York Knicks