ImageImageImageImageImage

Precious

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,256

Re: Precious 

Post#21 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:53 pm

TeamDisgruntled wrote:Posted this in a different thread but it’s also relevant here. He is Biyombo reincarnated right now. Game changing defender but also game changing on offence, as in 4 vs 5 out there. His touch around the rim has honestly felt worse than Biyombos in his tenure as a raptor, but the jumper seems like it has the potential to come along eventually.

Precious will need to block a few more shots to become like Bismack, and we can definitely use him as a better rim protector.

IMO Precious has been solid since his return from his shoulder injury. He has simplified his offense somewhat. His early struggles were more because he wanted to do too much. By cutting back on his offense responsibilities, I think Precious will actually be better; just stick to cutting, put backs (or pass out if the post is too crowded), and hitting the occasional open jumper.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#22 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 pm

TeamDisgruntled wrote:Posted this in a different thread but it’s also relevant here. He is Biyombo reincarnated right now. Game changing defender but also game changing on offence, as in 4 vs 5 out there. His touch around the rim has honestly felt worse than Biyombos in his tenure as a raptor, but the jumper seems like it has the potential to come along eventually.

Interesting comparison. I bet their block rates are even similar, Biyombo didn’t really block a ton of shots but he was intimidating as hell. He also finished much stronger then Precious though. I can’t recall Bismack missing dunks.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,989

Post#23 » by DelAbbot » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:01 pm

dTox wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=cKLaP111pdFfdrQ5sLH27Q&s=09

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes Precious missed the rotation to the corner 3, but this entire sequence opened up because of Banton who got caught in no-man's land on that screen.

Banton's team defense is terrible.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#24 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:14 pm

ItsDanger wrote:And he's shooting 37.2% against all of his opponents. Net loss. These stats are kind of misleading anyways. Kind of hard to accurately compile them from game situations. Maybe more valid over a bigger sample. Anyways, this guy should have been viewed as a work in progress and I'm sure most can see it now. Played better after return from injury.

I wonder if they should consider carrying 3 C's. Birch to me is 25 minutes max. Achiuwa questionable today. Can they handle the physical toll being smaller over 82 games? So far the evidence indicates no.
Players only shot 46% against him as a rookie last year.
Backcountry
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,588

Post#25 » by Backcountry » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Percentages are good to know, but what are the volumes associated with those? If GYJ has a higher percentage against but he discourages a lot of shots from being taken, then that has to be taken into account. Is there a stat that measures shot attempts per times defending?
When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#26 » by Mikistan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:26 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
dTox wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes Precious missed the rotation to the corner 3, but this entire sequence opened up because of Banton who got caught in no-man's land on that screen.

Meh - if siakam goes to the shooter he should be yelling I GOT SHOOTER - TAKE MY CORNER

theres just no communication
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,238

Post#27 » by Stromile12 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:43 pm

Someone make him do the Mikan drill for 24 hours straight
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#28 » by Rapsalot » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:52 pm

He has good value and hope he grows as player with us.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,004

Post#29 » by kalel123 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:02 pm

Just needs to clean up his offense. Don't feel empowered to do anything you want out there on O. Perfect it more in practice before you feel like you can do them in real games.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#30 » by KL78192020 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:15 pm

Precious can actually shoot the 3. He's shooting in poorly so far, but the shot can improve. Bismack is 0-3 from the 3 point line for his career. Precious will be a far better offensive player.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,347

Post#31 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:19 pm

Incredible numbers for a 2nd-year player. I think it's obvious his offensive game will come along.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#32 » by fbalmeida » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:28 pm

I really like Precious' upside. I think it warrants him being a starter, from the developmental point of view alone.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,419

Post#33 » by aminiaturebuddha » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 pm

Mikistan wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
dTox wrote:
Read on Twitter

Meh - if siakam goes to the shooter he should be yelling I GOT SHOOTER - TAKE MY CORNER

Where was Pascal in that vid? I don't think he was on the court. Do you mean Boucher? He's the one that came out to the open shooter that Banton left alone.

But yeah, you're right. No communication. From the beginning there wasn't any between Banton and Fred on who was going to guard the ballhandler into the paint, and then none on who was coming out to the shooter, and then none again on the back line because no one came out to the corner man. This seems to have been a persistent problem lately.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#34 » by Mikistan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:31 am

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Where was Pascal in that vid? I don't think he was on the court. Do you mean Boucher? He's the one that came out to the open shooter that Banton left alone.

But yeah, you're right. No communication. From the beginning there wasn't any between Banton and Fred on who was going to guard the ballhandler into the paint, and then none on who was coming out to the shooter, and then none again on the back line because no one came out to the corner man. This seems to have been a persistent problem lately.

Ya you are right sorry it's boucher

It's because our defense vlogs and collapses, the strategy is to cycle rotations until their offense misses. It's tough, not every guy has that motor and once our guys get tired the defensive iq drops even further
no dice
Rookie
And1: 731

Post#35 » by no dice » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:55 am

I thought the title meant he is a ball stopper. He is always 1 dribble too much to pass the damn ball even in inbound
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,529

Post#36 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:24 am

ItsDanger wrote:And he's shooting 37.2% against all of his opponents. Net loss. These stats are kind of misleading anyways. Kind of hard to accurately compile them from game situations. Maybe more valid over a bigger sample. Anyways, this guy should have been viewed as a work in progress and I'm sure most can see it now. Played better after return from injury.

I wonder if they should consider carrying 3 C's. Birch to me is 25 minutes max. Achiuwa questionable today. Can they handle the physical toll being smaller over 82 games? So far the evidence indicates no.

A 3rd center who can play is a must, between injuries and Precious offensive struggles. Boucher and our best forwards can't play center. Our best games have all been when Birch and Achiuwa both play, but they've missed a bunch lately and we become badly undersized
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,529

Post#37 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:37 am

Precious stepped up huge tonight. Imagine if he can keep up the three point shooting, what a difference it will make
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,088

Post#38 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:39 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:

Interesting comparison. I bet their block rates are even similar, Biyombo didn’t really block a ton of shots but he was intimidating as hell. He also finished much stronger then Precious though. I can’t recall Bismack missing dunks.

Let's just agree to call them completely different players, with no commonalities whatsoever. :lol:
TeamDisgruntled
Sophomore
And1: 234

Post#39 » by TeamDisgruntled » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:42 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:

Let's just agree to call them completely different players, with no commonalities whatsoever. :lol:

I compared their impact on defence and their touch around the rim. I also mentioned that his jumper had potential, I’m not saying they are the same player.. but was having a similar Impact on the floor thus far.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,658

Post#40 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:42 am

It showed tonight in spades, with PA in foul trouble we were awful that first half and played no defence. Forget the points or 3s, he anchored the D.

Return to Toronto Raptors