ImageImageImage

Game 18: Phoenix Suns (14-3) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (9-9) l Wednesday l 5:00pm l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Re: Game 5: Cleveland Cavaliers (3-3) @ Phoenix Suns (1-3) l Saturday l 7:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#161 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:55 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gotta imagine he stays in the rotation.

Stix was solid. Made some "rookie" mistakes but his rebounding was good, his activity was good and he played his role. I'd like us to be able to give him more time so by playoff time, he's actually playable in decent minutes
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,398

Re: Game 5: Cleveland Cavaliers (3-3) @ Phoenix Suns (1-3) l Saturday l 7:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#162 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:37 pm

Stix did impress me last game. He came into the game and played well in limited minutes something Cam and Shamet haven't done yet this season. I would give Stix more minutes since our other bench players havent performed up to their potential. Monty needs to play guys who will play hard so maybe other players that are struggling will take notice and start playing better once given a chance. That's hard love but will pay off later on.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#163 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:12 pm

What I liked about Stix was that he was getting good minutes and was productive when the game was still very much up for grabs in the 4th. He didn't shoot well but he set screens and was part of plays that the team was running so he wasn't looking completely lost out there. 5 boards (2 offensive) in 9min is exactly what I want from the guy even if he doesn't do much scoring for us
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,053

Post#164 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:28 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:What I liked about Stix was that he was getting good minutes and was productive when the game was still very much up for grabs in the 4th. He didn't shoot well but he set screens and was part of plays that the team was running so he wasn't looking completely lost out there. 5 boards (2 offensive) in 9min is exactly what I want from the guy even if he doesn't do much scoring for us

To my grave i will say we should have played him in the finals.

Just rebound and play defense. All we needed.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#165 » by Desertfox » Mon Nov 1, 2021 12:03 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:I like the Ayton we've gotten the last 2 games. THAT guy is worth a max deal. He just needs to keep it up. Monty needs to let him freaking shoot the damn ball more too.

To me personally,
I see it simply as a matter of keeping him engaged fully. Now most would probably say that's on him individually to remain engaged. But I'd disagree, And say that it's more a matter of us working to run the offense through him more and making him a focal point rather than running a guard centric style offense. Utilizing Ayton is just much better for our shooters to reestablish their potency on the perimeter due to the immense gravity he creates when the defenses are forced to collapse. But yes, Ayton WHEN UTILIZED CORRECTLY is absolutely worth the max. Although he still does have to working on his ballhandling ( ISO game) and his 3 pt shooting. :D

The big question is honestly whether or not the suns recognize and are willing to except this. Or will they continue to force the offense through Booker and Paul primarily with Ayton in a supplementary role?

But using Ayton properly means having to pay him properly... Not something the Suns seem willing to do...
JDJ26
Junior
And1: 483

Post#166 » by JDJ26 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:11 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:I like the Ayton we've gotten the last 2 games. THAT guy is worth a max deal. He just needs to keep it up. Monty needs to let him freaking shoot the damn ball more too.

To me personally,
I see it simply as a matter of keeping him engaged fully. Now most would probably say that's on him individually to remain engaged. But I'd disagree, And say that it's more a matter of us working to run the offense through him more and making him a focal point rather than running a guard centric style offense. Utilizing Ayton is just much better for our shooters to reestablish their potency on the perimeter due to the immense gravity he creates when the defenses are forced to collapse. But yes, Ayton WHEN UTILIZED CORRECTLY is absolutely worth the max. Although he still does have to working on his ballhandling ( ISO game) and his 3 pt shooting. :D

The big question is honestly whether or not the suns recognize and are willing to except this. Or will they continue to force the offense through Booker and Paul primarily with Ayton in a supplementary role?

3pt shooting is nice, but I would rather have Ayton focus on getting to the free-throw line. He already is a good free-throw shooter.

If he can get to the line almost as much as Embiid, he will be a problem and worth the max.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,443

Post#167 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Nov 1, 2021 5:00 am

JDJ26 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

To me personally,

3pt shooting is nice, but I would rather have Ayton focus on getting to the free-throw line. He already is a good free-throw shooter.

If he can get to the line almost as much as Embiid, he will be a problem and worth the max.

True! But I think that could also be a complimentary side effect of choosing to run more offense through him in the post as well. I mean more touches mean more potential fouls to stop his scoring right. Otherwise he's just so efficient, it becomes foul or give up the bucket.

I also think it would be beneficial in any agreement that we come to on his max deal, That a strong benchmark incentive for free throw generation be included! That should promote his interest in getting to the line more and becoming more physical hopefully. :nod:

Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#168 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:00 am

What am I missing about Jalen Smith? I always read he played well when he shoots 30% for the game.
JDJ26
Junior
And1: 483

Post#169 » by JDJ26 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 10:49 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
JDJ26 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
To me personally,

True! But I think that could also be a complimentary side effect of choosing to run more offense through him in the post as well. I mean more touches mean more potential fouls to stop his scoring right. Otherwise he's just so efficient, it becomes foul or give up the bucket.

I also think it would be beneficial in any agreement that we come to on his max deal, That a strong benchmark incentive for free throw generation be included! That should promote his interest in getting to the line more and becoming more physical hopefully. :nod:

Another thing I don't understand is why is Booker and Ayton not running a pick and roll game. I rarely see it happen.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#170 » by Slim Charless » Mon Nov 1, 2021 3:52 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
JDJ26 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
To me personally,

Yeah I agree with Ghost. They need to give him the ball more. Not only is he our most athletic player-by a mile. He's also the player with the most potential imo. Plus, these new rules seem like they will benefit teams with bigs that can move and do work down low.

Booker will still get the most shots but DA needs to be a 1b to him. The sooner the Suns realize this, the sooner we can start making a play on the west.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Re: Game 18: Phoenix Suns (14-3) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (9-9) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#171 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:22 am

Nice hook shot over Allen for Ayton. And then later step back fade shot. Nice to see that shot creation.

Book with a very nice start so far.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Game 18: Phoenix Suns (14-3) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (9-9) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#172 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:31 am

Everyone is perfect from the field 10-10 total except Crowder (0-2).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#173 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:37 am

Not good when you are shooting 68% and 57% from 3, outrebounding them and are only up 3.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#174 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:39 am

Mmmh...

I guess we're missing a Game Thread.

Aren't we?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#175 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 am

Cavs were feasting in the paint when Ayton was in, Cavs are now feasting at the 3 when McGee is in. That’s not fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#176 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:50 am

El Hespiritu wrote:Mmmh...

I guess we're missing a Game Thread.

Aren't we?

Hey, I changed the title and stickied it!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#177 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:52 am

They are so big it's tough for us to match up. Who should our C guard when they have Lauri and Allen in there, 2 7 footers? Then they have Love...2 of them can hit 3s...and this is all with Mobley out.

Jarrett Allen offensive rebounds have hurt even though Ayton has done well on Lauri...but when away from the rim what can you do. They present interesting matchups. It is really weird they play so many bigs and it works so well for them.
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#178 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:53 am

Might have been the worst challenge of all time for Cleveland.

Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#179 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:55 am

DUNK THE BALL AYTON

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Game 18: Phoenix Suns (14-3) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (9-9) l Wednesday l 5:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#180 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:00 am

Book's killing it shooting.

Only thing really killing us is turnovers. Have 10 already.

Return to Phoenix Suns