ImageImage

PG Pistons: Bucks Roll to 5th Straight

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,506

Re: PG Pistons: Bucks Roll to 5th Straight 

Post#21 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:25 am

If I got shot by a sniper I would look better than Garza running the floor.

I like these ho hum 20 point wins. Good for my health
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#22 » by ClassicJack » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 am

Hill has really been finding his flow again after looking washed to start the season.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,368

Post#23 » by MoreTrife » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:34 am

crkone wrote:
wallus wrote:Garza had the worst performance from an NBA starter that I've ever seen.
Garza pitched great.

No no no, "Supp pitched great."
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,119

Post#24 » by Shaffty » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:44 am

ClassicJack wrote:Hill has really been finding his flow again after looking washed to start the season.

Hood has looked less broken as well
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#25 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 am

Bucksmaniac wrote:
WRau1 wrote:I know some here are anti "flip the switch" theory but it's obvious this team has another gear they can get to when need be. Watching this team play at full strength will be fun.

We really haven’t played that great on this homestand, just lucky that besides Orlando first game on Saturday none of the teams got hot from 3. Our first half perimeter D was atrocious today. Good thing we were playing a beat up Detroit squad.

That said, our ‘Big 3’ of Giannis, Bobby and Jrue all played well, so it wasn’t all as negative as my last paragraph sounded, I just don’t think we can take that much from the homestand.

Despite the numerous injuries and make-shift lineups, Bucks have shown at times that they can step up the defensive intensity, similar to last year's playoffs. That's pretty encouraging considering the circumstances.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#26 » by drone3 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:54 am

Shaffty wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:Hill has really been finding his flow again after looking washed to start the season.

Hood has looked less broken as well
Hood is going to get cut. Keeps missing wide open shots. His legs look heavy.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,958

Post#27 » by sidney lanier » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:54 am

MoreTrife wrote:
crkone wrote:
wallus wrote:Garza had the worst performance from an NBA starter that I've ever seen.
Garza pitched great.

No no no, "Supp pitched great."

I miss those Yosties.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,665

Post#28 » by chonestown » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:58 am

Not sure what is up with the Pistons. Some people can say lack of talent, but that excuse can just take you so far. They're adults, maybe they should act like it.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#29 » by Prez » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:42 am

I’m really really digging this starting 5.
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 812

Post#30 » by drdrG » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:10 am

Giannis sleepwalked and could have been asleep on the court on his way to 11/13 from the paint and 33 pts. So now we've got Allen, Connaughton and Portis as elite shooters to go with Middleton. It's coming together...
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#31 » by aboveAverage » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:33 am

Great win. Taking care of business against bad teams is just what we needed. Bobby has been unreal from the three point line, insane. What a steal we got with his contract.

Just get Brook back and eventually Donte, and we can finally cut Hood and Nwora out of the rotation for good.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Post#32 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:27 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:6 seed

Spoiler:
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#33 » by Chad34 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:01 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:6 seed

1 game back of 2nd :D
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#34 » by jimmybones » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:21 pm

WRau1 wrote:I know some here are anti "flip the switch" theory but it's obvious this team has another gear they can get to when need be. Watching this team play at full strength will be fun.

I think the switch is as simple as having all our horses back. Injuries are always a factor but when you're missing 5 of your top 8 or 9 guys, that's abnormal and tells me next to nothing about the team. Midds, Jrue and Bobby back are huge. As you said, when Brook and DDV are back, we should be nice.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Prez » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:31 pm

Giannis/Khris/Jrue are +29.2 net rating in 87 no scrub minutes. Zach Lowe mentioned it in his most recent pod at the beginning, but this team will go on a stupid run at some point when they get one or two more pieces (Brook and/or Donte) back and we’re only playing our real rotation guys.

This new starting lineup is already rolling teams. The spacing is kinda nuts between Grayson/Khris/Bobby, and all 5 guys have some level of shot creation skill. Actually think we should consider Brook off the bench when he returns. Bobby works well with Giannis but can’t really anchor bench units as the sole big, whereas Brook can, his size/defense/rebounding is much needed in the no Giannis minutes. But Bobby gets to kill teams working off the big 3.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,519

Post#36 » by Profound23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:32 pm

I still can't believe Bobby signed for so cheap.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Prez » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:46 pm

Also, Giannis is DPOY. +15.9 points per 100 better on D with Giannis on court. Holding opponents to 45.7% FG at the rim, 14.6% below the average FG%. Over our last 10 we are 4th defensively with no defensive center outside of Giannis.
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 812

Post#38 » by drdrG » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Prez wrote:Giannis/Khris/Jrue are +29.2 net rating in 87 no scrub minutes. Zach Lowe mentioned it in his most recent pod at the beginning, but this team will go on a stupid run at some point when they get one or two more pieces (Brook and/or Donte) back and we’re only playing our real rotation guys.

This new starting lineup is already rolling teams. The spacing is kinda nuts between Grayson/Khris/Bobby, and all 5 guys have some level of shot creation skill. Actually think we should consider Brook off the bench when he returns. Bobby works well with Giannis but can’t really anchor bench units as the sole big, whereas Brook can, his size/defense/rebounding is much needed in the no Giannis minutes. But Bobby gets to kill teams working off the big 3.

Like the idea of Brook and Jrue running some bench lineups as they dominated Atlanta in game 5. Question is whether Giannis can hang as the starting center for the next 60 games. Postseason absolutely. Regular season for 12 minutes a night probably.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,246

Post#39 » by HKPackFan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:25 pm

drdrG wrote:
Prez wrote:Giannis/Khris/Jrue are +29.2 net rating in 87 no scrub minutes. Zach Lowe mentioned it in his most recent pod at the beginning, but this team will go on a stupid run at some point when they get one or two more pieces (Brook and/or Donte) back and we’re only playing our real rotation guys.

Like the idea of Brook and Jrue running some bench lineups as they dominated Atlanta in game 5. Question is whether Giannis can hang as the starting center for the next 60 games. Postseason absolutely. Regular season for 12 minutes a night probably.

Giannis is getting worn down at center. I agree playoffs extended minutes he could do but spot minutes on regular season I prefer 12 or less. I don't like the added pounding he takes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#40 » by jimmybones » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:25 pm

I like this. Would like it even more if they ran some offense through Brook in the post with a second unit.

Pat, DDV, Hill and Brook round out a really nice 9 man rotation. Really hoping to see us at full strength before the playoffs

Return to Milwaukee Bucks