Anthony Edwards just had the dunk of the century and it unjustly got called a charge

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Re: Anthony Edwards just had the dunk of the century and it unjustly got called a charge 

Post#41 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:17 am

Dr Aki wrote:left hand to the defender's face

not agreeing with the call, but not out of the realm of possibility

Yup, honestly I think Edwards should just be happy it wasn't called a flagrant foul on him. You can't put your hand in the defender's face no matter what the play is.
CreekShow
Sophomore
And1: 198

Re: Anthony Edwards just had the dunk of the century and it unjustly got called a charge 

Post#42 » by CreekShow » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:19 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:how isnt that a charge?

Bad defense shouldnt be rewarded
CreekShow
Sophomore
And1: 198

Post#43 » by CreekShow » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:21 am

celticfan42487 wrote:

Yup, honestly I think Edwards should just be happy it wasn't called a flagrant foul on him. You can't put your hand in the defender's face no matter what the play is.

Flagrant? You can not be serious.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,077

Post#44 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 am

CreekShow wrote:

i see how the ref called it, If i was a wolves fan id be pissed, but its not an unreasonable whistle.
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,413

Post#45 » by Onlytimewilltel » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:48 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:
CreekShow wrote:

i see how the ref called it, If i was a wolves fan id be pissed, but its not an unreasonable whistle.

It’s a very very unreasonable whistle. They need to re-evaluate that referee. If anything should have been an and-1. As other said, most times great dunks are let go even if it’s an offensive foul due to fan love for stuff like this and rightfully so. These are some of those “get you out of your seat” moments that we don’t want to be robbed of by stupid reffing.

Edwards was already jumping while the defender was still moving to slide underneath him. Never ever call this a foul again. Not a wolves fan at all but this irks me lol. I don’t care if he put his hand on him good for him. What the heck are you supposed to do when someone slides under you like that. Push their face in and dunk on their dumb a**! Love to see it!

Remember carter on mourning dunk? Carter goes up and clears Alonzo out with his arm/elbow in air and dunks on him. This is on a lot of highlight and most of us remember it. The refs rightfully let it go I mean this is why we watch to a certain extent for some of this exciting sh*t. If that was called an offensive foul they wouldn’t be replaying it in all the highlight over the years. So we were robbed of that tonight unfortunately. Do it again Edwards and hopefully they won’t call the ridiculous charge next time.
Lockdown504090
RealGM

Post#46 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 am

Onlytimewilltel wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:
CreekShow wrote:

It’s a very very unreasonable whistle. They need to re-evaluate that referee. If anything should have been an and-1. As other said, most times great dunks are let go even if it’s an offensive foul due to fan love for stuff like this and rightfully so. These are some of those “get you out of your seat” moments that we don’t want to be robbed of by stupid reffing.

Edwards was already jumping while the defender was still moving to slide underneath him. Never ever call this a foul again. Not a wolves fan at all but this irks me lol. I don’t care if he put his hand on him good for him. What the heck are you supposed to do when someone slides under you like that. Push their face in and dunk on their dumb a**! Love to see it!

Remember carter on mourning dunk? Carter goes up and clears Alonzo out with his arm/elbow in air and dunks on him. This is on a lot of highlight and most of us remember it. The refs rightfully let it go I mean this is why we watch to a certain extent for some of this exciting sh*t. If that was called an offensive foul they wouldn’t be replaying it in all the highlight over the years. So we were robbed of that tonight unfortunately. Do it again Edwards and hopefully they won’t call the ridiculous charge next time.

i think they just called charge and hoped they got it right tbh :lol: :lol:
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,164

Post#47 » by Cubbies2120 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:55 am

Because both of Edwards feet are already in the air and the defender is still moving forwards into position.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#48 » by John Murdoch » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:57 am

Gave me VC vibes
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,164

Post#49 » by Cubbies2120 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:58 am

celticfan42487 wrote:

You should be able to when the defender is sliding in under you when you're already airborne. Gotta protect yourself from injury by the reckless defender.

If the defender was STATIONARY when leave the floor, I agree, it should be offensive foul if you put your hand in their face.

If the defender is SLIDING into position when you're already in the air, then I think you've got every right to reach out like that to help stabilize yourself.
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,413

Post#50 » by Onlytimewilltel » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:59 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:
Onlytimewilltel wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:Image

Yea in that case the go-to has to be to let the damn play go if you’re not sure and someone scores an amazing dunk. I mean, who takes that away? Lol just ridiculous man. If he was guessing he should have let it go. Hopefully that ref is getting some sort of reprimand or write up, or whatever they do. Kinda takes the fun out of the game a little bit.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,757

Post#51 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:59 am

I would've called the and-1.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,488

Post#52 » by Wolveswin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:01 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

You should be able to when the defender is sliding in under you when you're already airborne. Gotta protect yourself from injury by the reckless defender.

If the defender was STATIONARY when leave the floor, I agree, it should be offensive foul if you put your hand in their face.

If the defender is SLIDING into position when you're already in the air, then I think you've got every right to reach out like that to help stabilize yourself.

This.

Once a offensive player is air born, sliding under dismisses any charge call (now not possible). It doesn’t matter if a hand or nutt sacke to the face happens.
Lockdown504090
RealGM

Post#53 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:03 am

Onlytimewilltel wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:
Onlytimewilltel wrote:

Yea in that case the go-to has to be to let the damn play go if you’re not sure and someone scores an amazing dunk. I mean, who takes that away? Lol just ridiculous man. If he was guessing he should have let it go. Hopefully that ref is getting some sort of reprimand or write up, or whatever they do. Kinda takes the fun out of the game a little bit.
i dont know why he didnt just ask the ref at the bottom of the screen on the video, he also had a great angle. Like on one hand its a "bang bang" call and not the easiest thing in the world... but in that case maybe you should use the help of the other 2 refs. I dont know why they dont do this more often. This is literally the convo

baseline ref: hey baldie I got vincent on the floor when edwards took off, should i change the call?
other ref has to say yes or no if hes not sure either, takes 2 seconds, but they gotta be arrogant about their whistles. wish they did this more often, they would screw up calls a lot less often.

i did watch it again, its a block, and 1
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,992

Re: Anthony Edwards just had the best dunk of the century and it got unjustly called a charge 

Post#54 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:07 am

That was Kemp level disrespect. LOVE it. Might be an Edwards fan.

Domejandro wrote:Added the video to the thread, please have the video ready when making this kind of thread.

In any case, super lame that this was called a charge. The defender's feet were not set when Anthony Edwards took off. That isn't how charges work.

Total bull.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#55 » by Wolveswin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:08 am

Wolveswin wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

This.

Once a offensive player is air born, sliding under dismisses any charge call (now not possible). It doesn’t matter if a hand or nutt sacke to the face happens.

And more importantly, you want every one and I mean every one of these close calls to go in favor of offensive player WHEN they are taking flight. This kind of dunk sells TV rights, tickets, posters, hype, to even the layman fan. You know, the fan who makes the players millionaires and owners billionaires (not fanatics on RGM). The league can NOT give any young exciting player reason to pull up and shoot a long 2 or - yawn - another 3. Refs can NOT negatively reinforce non flight behaviors.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#56 » by SNPA » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:09 am

It’s like the opposite of an over the back foul, it’s an over the front.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,732

Re: Anthony Edwards just had the best dunk of the century and it got unjustly called a charge 

Post#57 » by Jadoogar » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:09 am

Domejandro wrote:Added the video to the thread, please have the video ready when making this kind of thread.

In any case, super lame that this was called a charge. The defender's feet were not set when Anthony Edwards took off. That isn't how charges work.

i don't even care if the defender was set. When it's a highlight like this, you have to let it go.
Fine these refs.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#58 » by Wolveswin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:11 am

SNPA wrote:It’s like the opposite of an over the back foul, it’s an over the front.

And neither is an actual official call.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#59 » by Mister Ze » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:17 am

Edwards is the best dunker in the league (hot take)
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#60 » by Lalouie » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:19 am

we might be in the 21st century but it feels more like a new millenium than a century

Return to The General Board