ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order 3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Re: Tank World Order 3.0 

Post#1721 » by Spida888 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 pm

Psubs wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:how bad could we realistically get?
The bottom 4 seems set - Piston, Magic, Rockets, Pelicans
Thunder, Spurs and Kings will likely be the next worst.

Even if we shut down Siakam right now (and we wouldn't do that), i don't see any realistic way we out tank that bottom 7. At that point, is it even worth "tanking"

8-10 and pray for lottery magic to get #4.

If we trade Siakam to the Kings, we can potentially boost their standings or better yet get their pick this year with minimal protection :D.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#1722 » by Jadoogar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:56 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:how bad could we realistically get?
The bottom 4 seems set - Piston, Magic, Rockets, Pelicans
Thunder, Spurs and Kings will likely be the next worst.

Even if we shut down Siakam right now (and we wouldn't do that), i don't see any realistic way we out tank that bottom 7. At that point, is it even worth "tanking"

8-10 and pray for lottery magic to get #4.

If we trade Siakam to the Kings, we can potentially boost their standings or better yet get their pick this year with minimal protection :D.

We would have to take back salary in this hypothetical. I don't think we would fall off that much if they gave us Harrison Barnes or Holmes back.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#1723 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:02 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:Victor has looked very average this year. I prefer Shaedon Sharpe over him tbh

It's a shame Sharpe didn't get early eligibility. He is an ideal fit as a potential wing creator and he is Canadian. Basically a perfect storm.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#1724 » by aminiaturebuddha » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:18 pm

Psubs wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:Non-tanker here coming in peace.

I just have a simple question that has always bugged me. Why is it Tank World Order and not New Tank Order? If it's supposed to be a takeoff from New World Order, the "New" is the adjective. Tank isn't an adjective. It's either a noun or a verb. Shouldn't it replace the middle word?

Does anyone know who first came up with TWO and why they chose that and not NTO? Did they just like the W in the acronym and wanted to keep it?

I know, this seems like a strange question, but it really doesn't make any sense to me whenever I scroll past this thread.

Because you say En Double You Oh, Tee Double You Oh, you can make the connection. En Tee Oh doesn't sound remotely the same as En Double You Oh.

Really a more apt name would be Tank Draft Order.

Ok, so it's really just all about how the the acronym sounds and the words are somewhat meaningless, except to put "tank" in there somewhere. I guess looking at it that way makes a bit more sense. Thanks.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#1725 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
Psubs wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:Non-tanker here coming in peace.

I just have a simple question that has always bugged me. Why is it Tank World Order and not New Tank Order? If it's supposed to be a takeoff from New World Order, the "New" is the adjective. Tank isn't an adjective. It's either a noun or a verb. Shouldn't it replace the middle word?

Does anyone know who first came up with TWO and why they chose that and not NTO? Did they just like the W in the acronym and wanted to keep it?

I know, this seems like a strange question, but it really doesn't make any sense to me whenever I scroll past this thread.

Because you say En Double You Oh, Tee Double You Oh, you can make the connection. En Tee Oh doesn't sound remotely the same as En Double You Oh.

Ok, so it's really just all about how the the acronym sounds and the words are somewhat meaningless, except to put "tank" in there somewhere. I guess looking at it that way makes a bit more sense. Thanks.

TWO was started by the user Hulk_Hogan and is inspired by the NWO from WCW.

It made sense to mirror that acronym as much as possible for memes and such.

TWO 4 Life!
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,225

Post#1726 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:26 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:Murray goes for 20+ yet again (29 PTS), for the 5th time this year

Pointed this kid out couple times now but he really does strick me as a "Raptors pick" if we're stuck in that 10-15 range...

He's got that Raptors type of feel to him, for sure. 6'8-6'9, stretches the floor, long arms, NBA frame, etc. You can't ignore the offense he's providing, and he's getting a lot of blocked shots also. If Masai takes a guy like Keegan, with Barnes already on the roster, you've got to think Pascal gets moved though.

I think since Scottie was drafted the writing was already on the wall. But I think drafting Murray wouldn't be so much about canning Pascal as it is management seems to have determined Pascal isn't the guy they're going all in on or they flip our top pick this past draft and upgrade the roster but they didn't and instead promote Scottie more than anyone before. So it's moreso just when/if the commit to a new young duo but honestly don't think they're in a rush to do so. Doesn't hurt for young guys like those 2 see how a former all-star works etc.

No team is competing with a couple of 21 year olds anyways and if the right offer comes along I'm sure they'll act if it makes sense. In the meantime the Raps would likely fight into making the Playoffs, then it's a lot more intriguing to see of couple of real pups in the league get their first exposure and learning from the guys ahead of them how to compete and prepare themselves, their bodies etc to try and go through that. For all the talent, they've never had such long seasons or been exposed to that level of attention and focus.

Talking obviously waaaay ahead of myself but the comment on Pascal drags us into it lol. But really when I watch footage of Murray, he actually seems to be a really smart player, something like Scottie where he knows where he needs to be on the court but he seems more geared to trying to score -- even on paper sounds like a duo that can compliment each other. Add to that the physical prototype clearly our staff is about. Assuming the kid can keep up maybe not the numbers he's doing now but reasonably well, I could easily see him being the guy....even if personally I think we need a true go to scorer with some serious shooting touch to help spread the floor but that's just what I'd like, KM is what I think they will.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,916

Post#1727 » by JN » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 am

Missed this from about 5 days ago so not sure if mentioned (just noted it on WireTap)
Federal government is not Pro-Raptors Tank.
Unvaccinated NBA players will not be permitted to play in Toronto effective January 15th.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/mendicino-athlete-vaccination-exemption-1.6256370
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#1728 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:11 am

The Wolf Pack with the sneak attack win tonight against TWO
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,801

Post#1729 » by Los_29 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:27 am

Always funny how quiet this thread is after a win.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#1730 » by KL78192020 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:37 am

Los_29 wrote:Always funny how quiet this thread is after a win.

Yea they're just moving right on up into 11th place. Amazing. Lets pop the champagne and start the parade.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,801

Post#1731 » by Los_29 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 am

KL78192020 wrote:

Yea they're just moving right on up into 11th place. Amazing. Lets pop the champagne and start the parade.

Approaching that 7-11 range where I expected them to be. Cleveland is free falling without a 20 year old rookie. But us being without Pascal and now OG meant nothing and was just an excuse.

Washington is starting to fall back down to earth. Lots of teams bunched up together.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,746

Post#1732 » by Badonkadonk » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:52 am

KL78192020 wrote:

They're a 500 team and the best case scenario for "tanking" is resting some guys after the trade deadline, praying they miss the play-in and then praying for lotto-luck for a 2nd year in a row.

This is pretty much just a draft thread.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,163

Post#1733 » by God Squad » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:43 am

Pooh_Jeter wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:
Psubs wrote:

TWO was started by the user Hulk_Hogan and is inspired by the NWO from WCW.

It made sense to mirror that acronym as much as possible for memes and such.

TWO 4 Life!

GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#1734 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:30 pm

Chets shooting is 86%/39%/78% 2pt/3pt/ft.

Sheeeeeeeeeeit. Better A/To than Cade Cunningham. 10 assists+blocks/40.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#1735 » by Psubs » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:32 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Chets shooting is 86%/39%/78% 2pt/3pt/ft.

It's like if Porzingis played in college and had way better guard skills.

Would people trade Barnes for Chet?
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,142
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#1736 » by PRESTIGE » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:41 pm

Too many bad teams to realistically tank. This is one of those seasons where you let the chips fall where they may. If we end up in the lottery, our FO will definitely find a top talent.

And if we make the playoffs, we will still find ways to find prospects and improve the talent of this team.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#1737 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:04 pm

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,225

Post#1738 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:50 pm

KL78192020 wrote:

3-7 in the last 10 :lol: home court advantage here we come!!
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#1739 » by mdenny » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:26 pm

Psubs wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Chets shooting is 86%/39%/78% 2pt/3pt/ft.

It's like if Porzingis played in college and had way better guard skills.

Would people trade Barnes for Chet?

Chad ford doesn't think he'd go top 5 in last year's draft. I think the body issues are too much of a concern. if they were a small concern for mobley they are a huge concern for chet.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,634

Post#1740 » by sbsat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:46 pm

It'll be interesting to see how well the team can do with 2 healthy centres and og with the former being very important. I actually think they are half decent

Return to Toronto Raptors