ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Trent for Powell is Masai's worst trade

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Re: PG: Trent for Powell is Masai's worst trade 

Post#121 » by KrazyP » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:05 am

Good win. There were actually nice passes, cuts and ball movement on offense which was nice to see. Defense was crap in the first half but it really came together in the 2nd half....guys playing hard and communicating....it felt like a bit more man to man than usual. Pretty much every guy in the rotation played well.....good team effort, hopefully they can build on this.

I was hard on Precious earlier in the year....he was forcing things offensively and generally just playing stupid trying to prove himself. Since coming back from injury he's looked a lot better....maybe he just needed some time to clear his head. Hopefully this game builds his confidence and leads to more consistency offensively....let the came come to you and good things will happen.

Malachi Flynn - I've liked what I've seen from him over limited minutes in the last stretch of games. I think he deserves more burn.

A lot of posts in these game threads are such a joke.....Barnes is in the perfect role right now for his long term development.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#122 » by Scott Hall » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:10 am

Read on Twitter
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#123 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:10 am

_MidNight_ wrote:
Read on Twitter

Barnes is who Nurse thought Mccaw was lol
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#124 » by ruckus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:19 am

Nice comeback win.

Precious proving that the Biyombo comparisons were lazy.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#125 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:30 am

We're going to be so much harder to play against with a healthy Yuta. We just need to see how long they restrict his minutes going forward. More length, more speed, more size, more better.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#126 » by Boogie! » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:36 am

I actually like yuta I think he should be used in a big bench lineup. Banton svi yuta boucher precious.

I really think Nurse needs to do more experimenting with his lineups instead of making giys play 40 mpg.

Limit all of his main guys to maximum 35 mpg except for Barnes. But everyone else on this team deserves to show what they can provide in a rebuilding season. Feel like Young guys needs way more opportunity. This is not a yrsr to be pushing for the playoffs.

And tbh if we wanna unlock our full potential I think it starts with actually utilizing more of the bench.

Our defensive system is the way it is but I wonder if our offensive system is ever gonna change.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#127 » by Scott Hall » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:36 am

Read on Twitter
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#128 » by Boogie! » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:39 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

There's always platitudes about urgency and such but I don't think that's ever been a,problem with recent raptors teams. I don't doubt the roster is full of players that want to win. It's just the execution is lacking. Trying harder doesn't mean you'll stop making bad decisions. It just means you force those bad decisions harder.

This team just struggles with a lot of bad decisions and inefficient style of play. I don't know why effort comes into question time and time again.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,199

Post#129 » by Dalek » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:49 am

Really great second half and you could feel the fight die on Memphis after their road trip - first game back you can get tired legs anhe fight they hadd they looked it in the second half.

That said, Toronto had some perfect fun moments in one game:

Scottie buzzer beater

Read on Twitter

Yuta block on Brooks on the same night when his nemesis Ant Edwards just took the soul from Gabe Vincent

Read on Twitter

Precious going nuts hitting threes and being a dangerous basketball player

Read on Twitter

edit/ shout out to Malachi Flynn who changed the game when he was in. No huge highlight, but he got some extra possessions and was in attack mode and pesky on d. Gave me some chills for the first time that we might have a true back-up PG.

All this goodness despite no OG, Siakam not having any juice, and the refs being really one-sided. I still can't get over the Gary Trent flagrant foul call. Great game and inspiring they had overall even when they went down 12.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,905

Post#130 » by bape_lovers » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:02 am

Been like that since JV days..as far as I remember

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
Chandan wrote:fred wants to bet on himself when it comes to fans choosing him or barnes, it's not a fight he can win.

Why do fans have to choose him or Barnes? Last time I checked they both play for the team I cheer for. What is this board's obsession with pitting Raptors players against each other? It's really weird.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#131 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:13 am

jacinto wrote:I never disliked a raptors team so much, yet still happy when we win.

This ball hogging, selfish team seems to get it done every once in a while.

Sent from my GM1900 using RealGM mobile app

I know what you mean.

Probably has something to do with watching Lowry lead this team over the past several years. We've been spoiled.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,740

Post#132 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:18 am

Chandan wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:
Chandan wrote:fred wants to bet on himself when it comes to fans choosing him or barnes, it's not a fight he can win.

Why do fans have to choose him or Barnes? Last time I checked they both play for the team I cheer for. What is this board's obsession with pitting Raptors players against each other? It's really weird.

fans dont have to choose. I choose barnes as the future. as long as barnes get 15/8 i am happy.

No one cares if you’re happy lmao. Stop with these dumb agendas smh
Yeezy SZN approaching
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#133 » by Scott Hall » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:19 am

Read on Twitter
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#134 » by Scott Hall » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 am

Read on Twitter
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,917

Post#135 » by lolwut » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:40 am

That flagrant on Trent was absolutely ridiculous. If the situation was reversed and it was Morant chasing down Trent, they wouldn't even call that a shooting foul with how the whistles have gone this season :roll:
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,600

Post#136 » by C_Money » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:44 am

This was up there with the Knicks game in terms of most enjoyable to watch. Hell of a win.
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#137 » by Raptaz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:49 am

Masai4PM wrote:Some fans are conditioned to envision drama and turmoil within the team, and justify the consequences with TWO reasoning, ignoring the reality of the situation.

Losing for decades may have caused it, and even a championship couldn't help it, but luckily we have a strong management team so it doesn't really matter what those people want to happen.

The maple leaf effect
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#138 » by Scott Hall » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:50 am

Read on Twitter
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,560

Post#139 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:02 am

Still amazed at how Barnes is able to score. Never thought he'd be getting 15+ a night year 1. I thought anything over 9 would be a success. Could be a 20pt scorer before the end of his rookie deal

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#140 » by Raptaz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:10 am

Los_29 wrote:
Chandan wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:That was a veteran W lol

Memphis just feels like a young team that has a lot of fight but they haven't learnt consistency. Feels like they ride their highs and don't know how to get out of their lows.

pretty sure it wasn't a veteran win. We won because Precious scored 17 alone in the third.

And the Grizzlies just aren't a very good team.

They literally just beat Utah the night before on a buzzer beater lol. That was one of the best games of the season.

Return to Toronto Raptors