Miami/indiana

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Miami/indiana 

Post#1 » by miamiballer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:49 pm

Heat trade: Robinson, 2025 1st rd pick, okpala
Indy trades: Myles turner

Heat move pj to bench role and bring herro to starting lineup

Indy adds shooting and a future 1st
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Re: Miami/indiana 

Post#2 » by eminence » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:03 pm

I don’t like it much for Miami (value seems fair) I just see a lot more wing minutes than big minutes available for them when they shrink to a playoff rotation.
I bought a boat.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,200

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:11 pm

robinson is playing pretty poorly to start the year. combined with his contract i have myles being worth way more. This also guts the pacers' defense
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#4 » by Topofthekey » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Less than zero interest in Duncan Robinson

Wouldn't even trade Goga for him, let alone Turner. And that's not taking salary into consideration. Taking salary into consideration, I wouldn't even absorb him into cap space straight up, right now
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,180

Post#5 » by BBallFreak » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Yeah, I don't see this for Indiana right now. If Robinson were hitting at a decent clip it might be different. As of now, I just don't get the point for them
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:47 pm

miamiballer wrote:Heat trade: Robinson, 2025 1st rd pick, okpala
Indy trades: Myles turner

Heat move pj to bench role and bring herro to starting lineup

Indy adds shooting and a future 1st

I like Robinson but no. Myles is too valuable for his defense and 3's.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,930

Post#7 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:26 pm

How far off is this if we add Herro and Duarte?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,981

Post#8 » by daoneandonly » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:15 pm

Myles has a good deal more value all things considering than Duncan. Mamba's suggestion makes it closer
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,180

Post#9 » by BBallFreak » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Herro isn't in the table
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,328

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Less than zero interest in Duncan Robinson

Wouldn't even trade Goga for him, let alone Turner. And that's not taking salary into consideration. Taking salary into consideration, I wouldn't even absorb him into cap space straight up, right now

The OP is a miss for the Pacers, but this seems way an overcorrection. I get he's not shooting great to start the year, but he's a proven enough shooter that the spacing benefits he provides with the threat of his shot, plus his off-ball movement still make him a boon to a an offense.

And if you don't think Rick Carlisle wouldn't salivate to add Robinson, you don't know your new coach yet.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#11 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:45 pm

This is a wild take— Goga is your third center, with career averages of 3.9ppg and 2.6rpg on 50.7% TS and you wouldnt swap that for one of the best shooters in the league if you could ignore their salaries?
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#12 » by Topofthekey » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

The OP is a miss for the Pacers, but this seems way an overcorrection. I get he's not shooting great to start the year, but he's a proven enough shooter that the spacing benefits he provides with the threat of his shot, plus his off-ball movement still make him a boon to a an offense.

And if you don't think Rick Carlisle wouldn't salivate to add Robinson, you don't know your new coach yet.

SmartWentCrazy wrote:

This is a wild take— Goga is your third center, with career averages of 3.9ppg and 2.6rpg on 50.7% TS and you wouldnt swap that for one of the best shooters in the league if you could ignore their salaries?

The reason is simple

I am of the opinion that Duncan Robinson's best seasons are behind him. I am of the opinion that the Duncan Robinson that we're seeing now is the real Duncan Robinson

I can see how some people may hold the opinion that he's simply hitting a rough patch, and will soon return to being an elite role player. The fact is he simply isn't very good right now, so whatever level you think he's going to be playing at in the future, it's all speculation anyway. For me, I simply don't think the prognosis is a very positive one
Assistant Coach
And1: 601

Post#13 » by 8305 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Agree, I’d trade Goga and Lamb in a heart beat for Robinson.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#14 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

SmartWentCrazy wrote:

The reason is simple

I am of the opinion that Duncan Robinson's best seasons are behind him. I am of the opinion that the Duncan Robinson that we're seeing now is the real Duncan Robinson

I can see how some people may hold the opinion that he's simply hitting a rough patch, and will soon return to being an elite role player. The fact is he simply isn't very good right now, so whatever level you think he's going to be playing at in the future, it's all speculation anyway. For me, I simply don't think the prognosis is a very positive one

Even if this were true, he’s still massively better than Goga. Like magnitudes better.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#15 » by puppa bear » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:50 am

Texas Chuck wrote:

What do you think can be added to the OP to get it over the line? Or is there a 3rd team (a contender that needs spacing) that might be able to swap in value that’s more enticing.

Turner for the Heat creates extra defensive flexibility and offensive match-up issues for most teams. I also agree that Carlisle would be a lot more in favour of this than some Pacers fans might realise.

Duncan is having trouble adjusting to the new ball, and it’s likely only a matter of time before he ticks back up to his career averages. This season might be lower just because of the start, but the last 50 or so games are likely to be at his career percentages.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:22 pm

I love Duncan’s shooting ability all over. This is just a tough fit. Indy’s issue has been defense this year and last, and Turner has largely been the only one making it salvageable. To deal him for a notoriously not good defender in Robinson would certainly be an all in move in giving up on defense and simply all in on offense. I’m not sure we could beat teams night in and out with 145-140 type scores, but I guess we’d have to try?

Until Warren returns, I guess we’d play Torrey Craig as the starter at PF :eek:
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#17 » by pacers33granger » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Yeah, it's why Kelan Martin got a chance and has taken Lamb's minutes already. Also why Duarte going out was a decent hit to the team. And Duncan is a better shooter.

Our defense would be laughably bad after the deal in the OP though. I'm iffy on our overall playmaking too given we lack a real gamechanger there, so would be hesitant to pay top dollar for a guy we may not get the most out of.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#18 » by gom » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Shaking my head. Sorry on behalf of the rest of the fanbase.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Trades and Transactions