Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls Lose to The Worst Team In the League

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Re: PG: Bulls Lose to The Worst Team In the League 

Post#141 » by rtblues » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:15 pm

Blaming the refs for a loss to the worst team is really a reach.
They shouldn't have been in a position that depends on a call,
the Rockets are ASS! They just got beat by ASS...
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,223

Post#142 » by umfan83 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:26 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:This kind of loss definitely makes me question what the ceiling of this team is. You cant get beat down by a 1-15 team and consider yourself contenders.

Lol

Contenders have always lost to really bad teams

Most chalk it up to good teams playing down to their competition.

It's hard getting up to compete for a team that is terrible and matching their intensity when beating you means everything to them. They were hungry for a win. Nobody is viewing us as fake contenders from that loss. We have too many great wins vs much better teams to get that kind of opinion

I can see a team like the Lakers or Bucks getting blown out by the Pacers and losing to a 1-15 Rockets on back to back games. Not a team that hasn’t won anything and is still trying to prove themselves. They shouldn’t be taking games off mentally and imo it says a lot about the mentally of the team. Nothing that can’t be reversed with a humble pie but still a bit concerning to me
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,923

Post#143 » by Wingy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:54 pm

umfan83 wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:This kind of loss definitely makes me question what the ceiling of this team is. You cant get beat down by a 1-15 team and consider yourself contenders.

Lol

It's hard getting up to compete for a team that is terrible and matching their intensity when beating you means everything to them. They were hungry for a win. Nobody is viewing us as fake contenders from that loss. We have too many great wins vs much better teams to get that kind of opinion

I can see a team like the Lakers or Bucks getting blown out by the Pacers and losing to a 1-15 Rockets on back to back games. Not a team that hasn’t won anything and is still trying to prove themselves. They shouldn’t be taking games off mentally and imo it says a lot about the mentally of the team. Nothing that can’t be reversed with a humble pie but still a bit concerning to me

The greatest example for us is the 96 Bulls (72-10) losing to the expansion Raptors.

But. I agree with you. This team hasn’t earned anything. Got too puffed up doing well after only 18 games.

Players have work to do. Coaches do too. We’ll see how they respond
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,236

Post#144 » by kodo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:03 pm

ChettheJet wrote:It seemed like they 'just phoned it in'. AC said no sense of urgency, I'd say maybe individually they thought they'd take it easy at the start and let somebody else carry the load against a bad team and as the game went on nobody decided to step up and make it happen. If you want to blame Billy go ahead I point to Zach wanting to be seen as a leader and not seeing it was time for him to speak up. He had 25 points as usual but I don't mean he should have scored 50. I mean he should have yelled in a huddle that the game was slipping away and we as a team need to get out heads out of the sand and play defense and give HOU the chance to be the losers they are.

Agreed, Zach had a low-key bad game. His boxscore looks fine but in reality he only played hard in the last 5 minutes. This was a game where he scored 28 but against the talent we faced he could have easily scored 35 or 40 if he played locked in all game. He obviously wasn't the worst Bull out there, but as the team's max player next year this he could have done a lot more. The Bulls players that played poorly like Vuc, really just aren't that talented and are coming off severely difficult situations.

I do think Billy has some issues to resolve that he hasn't all season long. We're fine when it's just Derozan out there in term of looking like we know what we're doing, but when both DDR & Zach are out the Bulls gameplan seems to be to keep passing until we turn the ball over or get a bad shot out of it with the clock expiring. 3 possessions Ball, Vuc, and or Zach all had wide open 3 pointers and they kept passing the ball and it forced Derozan to shoot the 3, the worst 3P shooter of the bunch. Ball OK, he's a PG. But Vuc & Lavine need to shoot those especially when nobody is guarding them. Derozan went 0-3 from 3 (plus 1 heave).
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,183

Post#145 » by BloodyQ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:06 pm

kodo wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:It seemed like they 'just phoned it in'. AC said no sense of urgency, I'd say maybe individually they thought they'd take it easy at the start and let somebody else carry the load against a bad team and as the game went on nobody decided to step up and make it happen. If you want to blame Billy go ahead I point to Zach wanting to be seen as a leader and not seeing it was time for him to speak up. He had 25 points as usual but I don't mean he should have scored 50. I mean he should have yelled in a huddle that the game was slipping away and we as a team need to get out heads out of the sand and play defense and give HOU the chance to be the losers they are.

Agreed, Zach had a low-key bad game. His boxscore looks fine but in reality he only played hard in the last 5 minutes. This was a game where he scored 28 but against the talent we faced he could have easily scored 35 or 40 if he played locked in all game. He obviously wasn't the worst Bull out there, but as the team's max player next year this he could have done a lot more. The Bulls players that played poorly like Vuc, really just aren't that talented and are coming off severely difficult situations.

It was Derozan who lost the game in the third quarter where there there was 3-4 straight possessions where he tried to drive against double teams and resulted in a bad shot or turnover....the rockets went on a run there and the game was over....
GusFring
Starter
And1: 2,639

Post#146 » by GusFring » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Coby is so bad, team looks totally disengaged only 1.5 months in. Not feeling great
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#147 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#148 » by samwana » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:38 pm

this heroball has to stop
this playing midgets against big guys needs to stop
demar going one against 3 is boring
and hit some damn shorts
blockout for the rebound
so much basics just being ignored
why was bradley not playing?
it's getting ugly

coaching is really bad at this point, he needs to get his team together

heat are lookimg forward to show the bulls who's boss here

RealGM mobile app
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#149 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:06 pm

samwana wrote:this heroball has to stop
this playing midgets against big guys needs to stop
demar going one against 3 is boring
and hit some damn shorts
blockout for the rebound
so much basics just being ignored
why was bradley not playing?
it's getting ugly

coaching is really bad at this point, he needs to get his team together

heat are lookimg forward to show the bulls who's boss here

RealGM mobile app

Meh, the heat have been together for yrs outside of Lowry, they should feel like the superior team

Chicago is going to have growing pains, talented or not
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#150 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:43 pm

umfan83 wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:

Lol

This is the 1st year together for this team. They have some growing pains to endure. However the issues with this team is bigger then mentality. The point I was making is that this kind of loss doesn't immediately indicate "non contender" title teams have questionable losses all over their regular season

Now If the conversation is shifting to whether or not they are contenders or not that is a different subject. Right now I don't feel we are contenders we have some flaws

Our rebounding is unreliable due to not really having a 4
We still haven't figured out how to combat the zone and now the word is out to zone us.
Teams are making sure they get back on us because they now know we are a deadly transition team.
Our 2nd unit is not good. They are solid defensively but we are not getting the points on the board. It's leaving us top heavy and relying a ton on our starters who are exhausted by the 4th quarter. We need our 2nd unit to extend leads and or maintain leads.

The good thing is, those issues can be fixed during the course of the season.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#151 » by SfBull » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:27 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:I’m canceling my league pass if this crap continues.

Aren't you overreacting?We played just 19 games.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#152 » by SfBull » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:32 am

jacoby1us wrote:

I’m thinking the same.
Vucevic and White must go

Agreed about Coby but not about Vuc, it's too early for evaluating his game.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#153 » by SfBull » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:36 am

WestsideResider wrote:That’s the kinda loss that changes your opinion of what this team can be.

Coby White is really nothing special and shouldn’t be back in the rotation just because.

Saying that about Coby for a long time.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#154 » by SfBull » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:44 am

ch434355 wrote:So much for being any kind of contender

Overreacting.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#155 » by SfBull » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:52 am

[quote="jacoby1us"]The Bulls have to be in the market for a quality PF that can stretch the floor. What would it take to get Marvin Bagley from Sac-town? I think a change of cultures would do wonders for him and the Bulls. We are too small with Green playing the middle when Vuc is out.[/quote
I'd really like getting Bagley for us.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#156 » by SfBull » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:O Booooo Hoooo, we're 12-7 and lost to the worst team in the NBA. Get over it lol. It's a long a season, a new team, new players, players in and out of the line-up, role still being defined etc.

Get the bad losses out of the way early, learn from them and become a better team later when it matters.

I mean its true. And things generally work themselves out over time.

But remember we still have the P.T.S.D of the last 4 years of some encouraging play followed by absolute duds. We obviously dont want that to creep back in.

The last 5 games we havent played well. The loss to Blazers after being up big, squeaking by the Nuggets and Knicks andthen losing in a bad way to Pacers and Rockets. They need a wakeup call.

Bagley would be an upgrade on our frontcourt.
dukeespn
Senior
And1: 506

Post#157 » by dukeespn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 am

Imagine trading away three future FRPs and a former lottery prospect to build a team that lose to the worst team in the entire league lol.

AKME said they want to build a championship-caliber team. I can tell they just want to make money. That's why they pushed the win-now button. People go to the arena even if their team has no chance to win the championship. If they make the playoffs additional revenue also comes to Reinsdorf. Perfect.

Yeah the Bulls are "back"!! I really don't know what that means though.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#158 » by BullChit » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:06 am

SfBull wrote:

Aren't you overreacting?We played just 19 games.

And won the majority of those 19 hahaha
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
dukeespn
Senior
And1: 506

Post#159 » by dukeespn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:19 am

StephenAA wrote:*
Vuc passing up a wide open 8-footer to shoot it out to someone at the 3-point line, and then Zach dribbling into a triple team time after time, says all you need to know about their confidence and intelligence...

My 14-year old daughter has a higher BB IQ than Zach Lavine. The guy just acts soooooo cocky - He struts when he walks and he hasn't won s***. I think we're clearly seeing why Zac and Vuc have never played on "winning" basketball teams...

No more words can describe how disappointed I am...

AA

But YOU HAVE TO GIVE HIM A SUPERMAX!!

$235M over five years. Crazy.

FWIW only seven players earned the full supermax contract. Curry, Lillard, Giannis, Embiid, Doncic, Westbrook and "John Wall" lol.

Except for Wall all players made ALL-NBA 1st team. 3 of them was MVP of the league. And yet WE HAVE TO GIVE ZACH LAVINE SUPERMAX!! 
ch434355
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#160 » by ch434355 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:49 am

dukeespn wrote:Imagine trading away three future FRPs and a former lottery prospect to build a team that lose to the worst team in the entire league lol.

AKME said they want to build a championship-caliber team. I can tell they just want to make money. That's why they pushed the win-now button. People go to the arena even if their team has no chance to win the championship. If they make the playoffs additional revenue also comes to Reinsdorf. Perfect.

Yeah the Bulls are "back"!! I really don't know what that means though.

What an absurd post

Return to Chicago Bulls