ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Trent for Powell is Masai's worst trade

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Re: PG: Trent for Powell is Masai's worst trade 

Post#181 » by kj_ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:12 pm

Boogie! wrote:Raptors defense still sort of bad but they also made all of their shots down the stretch.

The problem with this team and why they hover around 500 is that it's not sustainable. Literally everyone has to be on fire for them to win.

Incapable of enjoying it for even a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#182 » by DG88 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:16 pm

This to me was the best game I've seen Barnes play especially with Pascal. He was aggressive from the jump attacking the paint with force and when his opportunities came he let the 3 ball fly. This is what Nurse has been saying and hammering him on. He has the talent use it.
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#183 » by kj_ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:18 pm

jacinto wrote:I never disliked a raptors team so much, yet still happy when we win.

This ball hogging, selfish team seems to get it done every once in a while.

Sent from my GM1900 using RealGM mobile app

I new fan I’m guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#184 » by johanliebert » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sid can’t help but but a shock jock.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,621

Post#185 » by Bruin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:13 pm

Historic moment coming soon

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#186 » by Spida888 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:26 pm

PrinceAli wrote:Historic moment coming soon

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If it wasn't for Aron, we wouldn't have Scottie. It's coming full circle :nod:.
KO7
Head Coach
And1: 9,888

Post#187 » by KO7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm

I’m still surprised Ron Banes accumulated that many points as a Raptor.
HiJiNX wrote:Ngl I think I could pull Savanna Hamilton.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#188 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:18 pm

A BELATED RAPTORS/LEAFS WIN! RAPTORS/LEAFS WIN! WOOHOO! HOORAY! :P! :)! :D!
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,870

Post#189 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:30 pm

Some thoughts from the game:

- This type of performance is exactly what I've been wanting to see from Barnes over the past couple of weeks. He was aggressive from the jump. Simply puts, good things happen when he's got the ball.

- Literally everyone played great last night. Not a single player had a bad game

- Glad to have Yuta back. Loved his defense last night. We needed that! Once he gets his shot going, we'll have a solid role player that we can rely on.

- Precious is playing much, MUCH better. He's playing confidently while at the same time not forcing up bad shots or being selfish with the ball like he was prior. That 3pt shot looks good. I hope he keeps taking them. I have way more faith in him knocking it down from behind the arc than I do in Boucher.

- Morant is a bonafide star and what's crazy is that he's only 22. Only knock on him is his defense but given his athleticism, I'm sure he can at least become an average defender.

- We suck at closing out quarters.

- Our after timeout plays remain great. Nurse has been on point with those.

- Banton has some solid potential. He can be a rich mans Shaun Livingston.

- People keeping on the guy... but I'll say it again: Gary Trent Jr. is a stud & definitely worth keeping long term. Every team needs a guy that can score at will and get a timely bucket when needed. Trent is that guy! What he's doing at only 22 years of age on both ends of the floor is awfully impressive. His defense is being a tad bit overrated IMO but he's still made significant strides in that department this season and will only continue to get better.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#190 » by LJKO » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:36 pm

I watch the highlights and saw how they finally the team is getting Barnes involved on offensive end and letting him be the ball handler. I am very happy with FVV yesterday and need to continue to playing like that; We need his scoring and not him holding the ball full shot clock or try to pull a dumb layup that gets block
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,621

Post#191 » by Bruin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,817

Post#192 » by Los_29 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Raptaz wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Chandan wrote:
pretty sure it wasn't a veteran win. We won because Precious scored 17 alone in the third.

And the Grizzlies just aren't a very good team.

They literally just beat Utah the night before on a buzzer beater lol. That was one of the best games of the season.

Great win for them but doesn't take away from the fact that they are an average team. I could see us finishing with more wins.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#193 » by 720 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:33 pm

LJKO wrote:I watch the highlights and saw how they finally the team is getting Barnes involved on offensive end and letting him be the ball handler. I am very happy with FVV yesterday and need to continue to playing like that; We need his scoring and not him holding the ball full shot clock or try to pull a dumb layup that gets block

For a little bit, that changed in the second half. (Then again Gary got hot so what are you gonna do).
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#194 » by Young Moosehead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:38 pm

Backcountry wrote:Loved that Yuta went right for the big dunk block in his first game back, especially after being posterized by Antman last season. The guy never gives up! So glad to have him back, and can't wait until he's back in full game shape.

Precious wins "Allstar 3rd Quarter" award of the week. Showing up for the Tigers' faithful in Memphis.

Fred and Gary couldn't be stopped in the 2nd half. Clutch time.

Great adjustment to the D in the 2nd half.

I'm still wondering if something is wrong with Pascal. Not showing me a lot on D, or even extra effort. Still a bit of twinge in the shoulder?

Scottie. Glad to see the hand clap back. He looked a little down the last couple of games, but he seemed backed to his normal exuberant self last night.

Dillon Brooks with a little too much trash talk, but still look forward to seeing him in Canada colours again.

What a truculent team. I don't watch them, so I didn't know so many of their guys play with that kind of edge. Brooks and the smack talk, was all out for the first 3/4. JJ with all those fouls and that combative tie up for the jump ball with Banton. Good team for Adams, he feels like a better fit than JV did.
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#195 » by junot111 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:17 pm

Great game from Precious, if he can become a decent 33-35% 3PT shooter that would be amazing. I still don't like him ever dribbling the ball (like after a rebound) and I think the few plays he converted were more a function of the Grizzlies bad defense. If he improves his 3PT shot then he can eventually attack closeouts with basic straight line drives but until then he should strictly be an off-ball player on offense
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#196 » by Young Moosehead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 pm

lolwut wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Still amazed at how Barnes is able to score. Never thought he'd be getting 15+ a night year 1. I thought anything over 9 would be a success. Could be a 20pt scorer before the end of his rookie deal

He seems really good at recognizing and attacking mismatches. A lot of his points come from making simple shots over smaller defenders. If he doesn't have a mismatch, then he'll most likely kick it out instead of forcing up a shot he doesn't like. He basically doesn't take bad shots.

Funny thing is from my memory quite a few of his missed shots were intentional misses when he was well covered so he flicked up a shot in order to get the put back. He really uses the offensive glass well.
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,758

Post#197 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:45 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

lol Dillon Brooks such an ass. I'd like to see him try that with a superstar like Demar.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,264

Post#198 » by mrdressup » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:19 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Some thoughts from the game:

- This type of performance is exactly what I've been wanting to see from Barnes over the past couple of weeks. He was aggressive from the jump. Simply puts, good things happen when he's got the ball.

- Literally everyone played great last night. Not a single player had a bad game

- Glad to have Yuta back. Loved his defense last night. We needed that! Once he gets his shot going, we'll have a solid role player that we can rely on.

- Precious is playing much, MUCH better. He's playing confidently while at the same time not forcing up bad shots or being selfish with the ball like he was prior. That 3pt shot looks good. I hope he keeps taking them. I have way more faith in him knocking it down from behind the arc than I do in Boucher.

- Morant is a bonafide star and what's crazy is that he's only 22. Only knock on him is his defense but given his athleticism, I'm sure he can at least become an average defender.

- People keeping on the guy... but I'll say it again: Gary Trent Jr. is a stud & definitely worth keeping long term. Every team needs a guy that can score at will and get a timely bucket when needed. Trent is that guy! What he's doing at only 22 years of age on both ends of the floor is awfully impressive. His defense is being a tad bit overrated IMO but he's still made significant strides in that department this season and will only continue to get better.

Pascal was not that good. Boo-shay was pretty horrible. Trent will shoot you in and shoot you out of games. That's how DeRozan started too. He plays defense and he has a semblance of being able to set up guys if he wants to.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#199 » by Dalek » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:35 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Some thoughts from the game:

Loads of good stuff in your assessment. I was elated to see Barnes bounce back, and it was also great to see because I think the first few possessions he turned the ball over and had some iffy defense, and then he made that three and came on again. Great to see him not hang his head.

With Yuta it is evident to me the IQ on the team goes up on both sides. With Boucher he is all about the homerun play either getting a block on defense or a three or dunk on offense. Yuta sees the floor way better and doesn't need anything called for him crashing the glass or cutting to get his offense. That's why I'd slot hi ahead of Boucher going forward.

Precious will need a few more games like this before I think he has turned a corner. Playing in Memphis is like when OG plays in Indy. There is a soft spot for these guys playing in their old college cities.

Morant is a beast, but there is no way he holds up. He is way more reckless attacking than Rose was as a young player. It is only a matter of time before he tears his knees up with that slight build of his. He put way too much pressure on his joints the way he plays. The Gary Trent Jr. foul was barely a touch foul, but you can see how awful his falls are because he goes way too hard to the rim.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#200 » by Tofubeque » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Dillon Brooks is probably a RealGMer, he gets it from us
props Turbozone

Return to Toronto Raptors