ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Trent for Powell is Masai's worst trade

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Re: PG: Trent for Powell is Masai's worst trade 

Post#201 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:14 pm

Tofubeque wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Dillon Brooks is probably a RealGMer, he gets it from us

That's Danny Greens evil and salty brother
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,629

Post#202 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:17 pm

Ref_from_hell wrote:
Chandan wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:
Did he text you that after the game? Y'all must be tight

nah but he needs to give the ball to barnes every single time when I see barnes signal for the ball. I dont even care if it's the right play or not or if they lose as a result.

Man, there is so much wrong with this post, I'm just too exhausted to even dissect it. I'll let someone else have a go.

The word you are looking for is entitlement.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,801

Post#203 » by Los_29 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:27 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:
Chandan wrote:
nah but he needs to give the ball to barnes every single time when I see barnes signal for the ball. I dont even care if it's the right play or not or if they lose as a result.

Man, there is so much wrong with this post, I'm just too exhausted to even dissect it. I'll let someone else have a go.

The word you are looking for is entitlement.

I was hoping he was being sarcastic but after reading the game threads the past week or two I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,198

Post#204 » by Dalek » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:29 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I know the type of guy Dillon Brooks thinks he is. He is the type of player that thinks they understand the game so deeply, they know every player inside and out. In their own minds they are great players because they heard so many times how underrated they are.

It is like Marcus Morris or Patrick Beverley. They are those big ego "rah-rah" players that think they are superstars or something. I actually thought Brooks was a good role player, but seeing him act like that you know he has an ego.

Memphis has not done anything since getting Ja. They have a really nice team that I envy the talent on, but they way underperform.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,959

Post#205 » by Blazing_royale » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:44 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

bro I'm dead, that Pascal yell was due for being clowned. Sounds like a COW going at it
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#206 » by will » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:32 am

AAAAYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE!!!!
D3158
Senior
And1: 341

Post#207 » by D3158 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:27 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

What a jack... Brooks is mocking Siakam by doing that. On the flip side, gotta tip your hat off to Siakam not acknowledging whatsoever. He just remained focused throughout the game.

On a side note, I'm so glad as a Raps fan that our players don't acknowledge stuff like this that don't mean nothing at the end. They just focus on winning.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#208 » by alienchild » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:44 am

Blazing_royale wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:

bro I'm dead, that Pascal yell was due for being clowned. Sounds like a COW going at it

Brooks clowned himself and the Grizzlies. That pissed off Pascal's teammates. From that point they outscored MEM 60-39. Pascal can yell as much as he wants as far as his teammates go. People use any excuse to hate.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#209 » by Courtside » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:12 am

Blazing_royale wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:

Is that the sound the cow was making behind you?

You must have nightmares...
EFF3KT
Veteran
And1: 2,777

Post#210 » by EFF3KT » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:15 am

Lol Brooks petty af. I'm glad he ignited our team by mocking Pascal.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#211 » by johanliebert » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:30 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

lol Dillon Brooks such an ass. I'd like to see him try that with a superstar like Demar.

I wonder if Demar’s been mocked before for the same thing.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#212 » by johanliebert » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:32 am

Dalek wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:

I know the type of guy Dillon Brooks thinks he is. He is the type of player that thinks they understand the game so deeply, they know every player inside and out. In their own minds they are great players because they heard so many times how underrated they are.

It is like Marcus Morris or Patrick Beverley. They are those big ego "rah-rah" players that think they are superstars or something. I actually thought Brooks was a good role player, but seeing him act like that you know he has an ego.

Memphis has not done anything since getting Ja. They have a really nice team that I envy the talent on, but they way underperform.

It’s not that deep lol. He’s an agitator.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,585

Post#213 » by Bruin » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:36 am

I don’t get all the Dillon Brooks hate. I like players who get into other guys heads. Having a player like that on your team can be really useful.

Like Tony Allen and Draymond. Guys who agitate the opponent. Sometimes it doesn’t work out and motivates the other team to beat you, but other times it feeds energy into your team and can force the opposing player to take bad shots in an attempt to shut down the talk
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,634

Post#214 » by sbsat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:49 am

PrinceAli wrote:I don’t get all the Dillon Brooks hate. I like players who get into other guys heads. Having a player like that on your team can be really useful.

Like Tony Allen and Draymond. Guys who agitate the opponent. Sometimes it doesn’t work out and motivates the other team to beat you, but other times it feeds energy into your team and can force the opposing player to take bad shots in an attempt to shut down the talk

He was reacting as of he just hit a dagger to end the game. He was talking audible smack with like 8 min left in the 4th. He needs to tone it down and I actually am a huge Brooks fan
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,390

Post#215 » by TorontoBaller » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:05 am

will wrote:Previous!
GTJ!

Is calling him Previous the funniest typo?
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#216 » by OhCanada1091 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:10 am

gbball wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:FVV is also a way way way better player than this board gives him credit for.

Fred is a great player and his strengths are obvious. I love him on our team. I think the frustration is with the way he plays sometimes. If you're objective, there is some validity to some of the criticism.

The problem is that some posters lose objectivity with guys like Fred, Siakam and Trent. I love them all, and I hope we find a way to keep them around. But...they all have some things to work on. Getting them each playing to their strengths more and improving upon their weaknesses is what should all want to see as fans of the team.

Also, I think we should let go of any kind of agenda for Barnes. It'll be great if he wins rookie of the year...but he'll be fine one way or the other. We can't put him above the team. I think we're bringing him along the right way.

Also, I don't think there is an issue between Fred and Barnes. Fred just wants to win and he'll get frustrated with Barnes' rookie mistakes. It's like he's annoyed by his annoying little brother energy that I'm picking up. He doesn't fully trust him yet. They haven't been through those battles together yet. Barnes needs to earn that trust...and I'm sure he will. Fred is telling the truth when he says that all he really wants to do is win. I think he needs to work on trusting his teammates more, and trusting the pass more because he likely thinks he's the best chance at buckets most of the time. Incidentally, that's that's the only issue I see with him running point...doesn't mean I hate him and want him off the team. You need that confidence to take and make the biggest shots. You need that guy on your team. It looks like we might have 3 in OG, Trent and Fred.

I think people forget that under Masai our moves have been very measured and we give players a ton of time to figure things out. Lowry had the same mentality as Fred for a long time. In some ways a lot worse. We gave him the stability and continuity to figure his stuff out and look how he turned out. Our leadership is more patient than most of us fans and that's a good thing. Our biggest strength is internal growth and the key to that is continuity, which means letting our players fail forward. Let's be grateful for the wealth of young talent we're cultivating.

I think people expect Fred to be this willy veteran. Thats how hes being marketed, as the leader. They talk up a big game about it all the time but in reality he is not a veteran. This is just his 6th year and he's only played more than 64 regular season games twice. 350 games including the playoffs. 3rd season as a starter. 1st season without Lowry. To keep it brief he is still learning. If we compare FVV to Lowry at the same stages of their careers Fred maybe the better player just slightly and theres still room for improvement.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#217 » by OhCanada1091 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:11 am

TorontoBaller wrote:
GTJ!

It bugs me so much. Not sure why.
Tustari
Junior
And1: 320

Post#218 » by Tustari » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:15 am

The team plays so far as a collection of singular parts with poor connectivity between them. That is to be expected from a young team but it's still a major drawback. One guy gets hot (typically Freddy or GTJ or Pascal) and everyone else watches. It's inevitable that when this occurs the rest of the team gets cold and loses interest and thus is unable to perform well late in games. Watching how we got absolutely schooled by the GSW was instructive. Steph and Draymond shot the ball poorly. But because they are so unselfish and seem to always find the open man and demand the absolute respect of their teammates, they shredded our defense. And they have new components to their squad similar to us. That is how great teams play. It's on the "elders" of this team like Freddy, Pascal, and OG to integrate the youngsters into our style of play. Which brings up another major question: what is our style of play now? That is up to NN to figure out but it definitely has to be built on the tough defensive disposition of our successful teams in recent years.
newsletter
Junior
And1: 421

Post#219 » by newsletter » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:07 pm

johanliebert wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

lol Dillon Brooks such an ass. I'd like to see him try that with a superstar like Demar.

I wonder if Demar’s been mocked before for the same thing.

Maybe, but i feel like nobody wants to mess with Demar lol. Hes cool with everybody
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,390

Post#220 » by TorontoBaller » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:40 pm

OhCanada1091 wrote:
TorontoBaller wrote:
GTJ!

It bugs me so much. Not sure why.

It’s just one letter, but it’s a very important letter.

Return to Toronto Raptors